facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2008, 06:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
And we just cant depend on one single WK, we need a pool of good keepers and there is no harm in giving others a chance when the best keeper is terribly out of form for a very long period.

Exactly. We failed to do that when Pilot was there, and thats why we are suffering. And we are doing the same, which will give us more suffering in the future. We need to develop atlernate wicketkeeper(s) for our national team for situation like this. We need to give exposure by playing the 2nd wicketkeeper once in a while so that he is adequetly ready when he is called to substitue main wicket keeper for injury/giving him rest/long off-form.

Old February 27, 2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
If they fail we have nothing to loose but if they succeed we have everything to gain.Period.
And what do we do with these stop gap solutions when Mushfiq does make a come back or they do fail? Throw them out?
Old February 27, 2008, 06:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
And what do we do with these stop gap solutions when Mushfiq does make a come back? Throw them out?
Why throw them out? Let the best in form keeper play. Let there be a healthy competition and let them fight for a place rather than we say we dont have any second option. it wont be possible unless we develop a pool of good keepers. No one should think he is invincible.
Old February 27, 2008, 06:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Exactly. We failed to do that when Pilot was there, and thats why we are suffering. And we are doing the same, which will give us more suffering in the future. We need to develop atlernate wicketkeeper(s) for our national team for situation like this. We need to give exposure by playing the 2nd wicketkeeper once in a while so that he is adequetly ready when he is called to substitue main wicket keeper for injury/giving him rest/long off-form.
Cant agree more.
Old February 27, 2008, 06:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Competetion is good and needed for every position. Mushfiq is a good future prospect and eventually he (like anybody else) needs to come back backed up by perfomance only defeating his chalenge (who ever he is). If Musfiq can comeback thats great, if he doen't (i.e. some one else is playing better) then that not the end of BD cricket. BD cricket should move on with or without any particular player.

The Team is not for the players, but the players are for the team. The team management should cultivate competetion for every slot and more or less the best player should play for the team. Of course there will be some exception here and there, but the exception shouldn't be the norm.
Old February 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

People are not just happy with destroying Mushy's confidence and probably his carrer, now they want to destroy Dhiman's as well. I for one always thought that BC followers are well wishers of BD cricket. Its either we persist on Mushy or bring in Pilot. But no new comers. I for one is against bringing in new players before they are ready. BTW what has Dhiman done to warrant a test call? Or is it just you people are thinking that he has got some "TALENT". Its like Bangladeshi version of American idol, "Bangladeshi Talent". If i were Dhiman i would be seriously worried that you people saw some "TALENT" in me. Its not that i don't have "TALENT" but its you who lacks it severely would make me worry, seeing some "TALENT" in me.
Old February 27, 2008, 06:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

You've hit the nail on teh head with this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
Its about time to do some job that they have been picked for, selecting some good players not relatives!
This is at the heart of BD cricket's woeful form.
Old February 27, 2008, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

dhiman has a much better NCL FC record than rahim. rahim averages 25.08 in 13 innings, dhiman averages 30.87 in 55 innings. who would you back? the guy who's played a handful of innings and has a poor average? or the guy who's played quite a lot of innings and has a reasonable average? i don't know about anyone else but i'd be backing the player who has a better average over a longer period of time. pilot imo isn't an option but only because he's retiring from test cricket in one match so he's not a long term option. dhiman imo isn't a stop gap measure, he could potentially be BD's #1 keeper long term in all formats. if pilot wasn't retiring i'd want pilot to be the test keeper.
Old February 27, 2008, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Er maney ki? mushfiq was the only person available or in form when we needed to replace pilot. he did well that time didn't he? koi tokhon to dekhi nai aisha boltey bhalo hoisey pilot rey wc they kheley nai, ami bhull bolsi. ekhon or form kharap tai at least ami ekhon bolchi we should give him a rest cause we think about the team not like some one who supports people blindly....

Going or saying against Mushi now doesn't prove that he wasn't a the best option before WC. so stop saying that Mushi inclusion from the very beginning was bad which was not.

bro ekhane former kotha ashtache nah, tar basic tehchniqeer kotha ashtache.. ami onek ager poste likhchilam je o inexpereienced,ok aro time dewa uchit.. koi nah, koyekjon bc member ulta aro koi or batting korar shomoi backlift dekso? o hoilo bd'r asher pore world class batsman, aro habijabi kotha barta....

amio bolchilam, shudhu apnader chokhe positive side pore, negative side gula pore na

mushfique oi wc 50 marar por theke tar batting o keepinge je inexperienced shieta ami agei buchhilam abong sheita wc chokhe porchilo,srilanka tour shesh howar por koyekdin por ami takea nia ekta thread khulchilam. he scored 80 runs at srilanka tour, i would say that was like achmoka innings. and also pilot was out of form that time, but selectors could look at dhiman that time.

I know dhiman got no international experience, but if selectors can pick sajidul where he had no experience in int cricket, then why not dhiman?

also, mushfiq je eiber ncl khelchilo, NZ tourer agea, tar bolar moto kono performancee chilo na..hoi 2 nahole 10 nahole 20...eirokom run korto
Old February 27, 2008, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

What I see is BD Mushy getting another chance and getting dropped for ODI, typical BD way!
Old February 27, 2008, 09:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mushfiq's batting is a concern. If he doesn't contribute in the next match and may be ODI series if he plays, I think we should give Dhiman or someone else a chance. No matter the position, players must fight for it if there is competition. There shouldn't be an exception just because he's a wicket-keeper.
Old February 28, 2008, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Whatmore was better atleast he gave some opportunity to Mushfiq ...Now Mushfiq always bat at no 8 position..
Old February 28, 2008, 01:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Whatmore was better atleast he gave some opportunity to Mushfiq ...Now Mushfiq always bat at no 8 position..

When Mushy played up the order and failed in the ODI series against SL, we fans said, "doler modhdhey SN, Ash er moto player thakte mushyr moto cute, masum polarey singher mukhe pathaise tin nombore." Now when he can't score runs coming at 8, we find fault with his batting position. Actually batting at 8 was a chance for Mushy to increase his average. Kintu gadha gets out.
Old February 28, 2008, 04:51 AM
Club Cricketer

i rememberd befor the World cup..da forum 's members all r against the K.masud Pilot..n now itz time 4 agn turn around 2 him...lol...Bd ppllz r really not patient wid som1...Not only in Games & sports bt evry sectors in our lif including Politics whr ewe can't thnk abt 1 Govrnmnt just keep changing n after som tim just throw them out....
Old February 28, 2008, 05:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahsin Chowdhury
i rememberd befor the World cup..da forum 's members all r against the K.masud Pilot..n now itz time 4 agn turn around 2 him...lol...Bd ppllz r really not patient wid som1...Not only in Games & sports bt evry sectors in our lif including Politics whr ewe can't thnk abt 1 Govrnmnt just keep changing n after som tim just throw them out....

Spot on....Trust me...ppl will kill Khaled MAsud, if he includes to team and fails in next match. Shame on BC fans..............
Old February 28, 2008, 06:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal
batting???? i dont care about musfiq batting.
but why the hell he dropped catch and stamping????? if he could hold the catch and do that easy stamping, it would have been a close match. he sux big time.. he cant catch, he cant do easy stumping, damn him.
mushi was selected ahead of pilot because of his batting 'prowess'
Old February 28, 2008, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I have watched Mushy since the world cup and IMO he has improved a lot. I remember him being scolded by his team mates many times, he did not have much confidence, did not stand properly near the wicket when the ball was thrown for a run out. He has been at the job for a year. How long has Boucher, Dhoni, Gilchrist and Sanghakkara been keeping wickets? YEARS!!!
I feel that Siddons will look at an alternative wicketkeeper after the Ireland series is finished, and he will be eased into International cricket gently. Each national team should have 2 wicket keepers and this is where BCB has fallen short where they have put all their eggs in one basket.
Old February 28, 2008, 09:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Mushfiq's batting is a concern. If he doesn't contribute in the next match and may be ODI series if he plays, I think we should give Dhiman or someone else a chance. No matter the position, players must fight for it if there is competition. There shouldn't be an exception just because he's a wicket-keeper.
Spot on.

Zainab my sister,

Dhiman was considered the 'natural successor' to Pilot before GoBoy arrived on the scene, and he's more experienced at the FC, U19 and Academy level than GoBoy was on his debut. Dhiman's back to 100s in Australia with the Academy is something GoBoy is nowhere near replicating at any level at this point IMHO. His batting has gone to soup and the additional pressure of his father being investigated for corruption, extortion and what not isn't making matters easier for him. I'm afraid if he's not rested soon, he may do some serious damage to his cricketing psyche. Let him rediscover his center through extensive FC, Academy and A-Team exposure and fight for a place he can sustain in the future. He's young and has plenty of time on his side to really adjust to the highest level, Inshallah.

Keeping-wise, not only Dhiman Ghosh but also Shahin Hossain is MUCH better than him IMO.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 28, 2008 at 09:21 AM..
Old February 28, 2008, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

GOBOY did score a TON vs a full strength essex/sussex team, Siddons knows what he sees in him. I just wanted Mashud to a get a Farewell Test ... but since that isn't happening. Mushifiq needs to Bat Higher up, the best he can do @ #8 is get 7no, unless he has a well set partner with him which would allow himself to get set. GOBOY is GOBOY for a reason he GOBOY #2 behind the Captain, both Golden Boys will quiet there critics in this Test

Sometimes you just have to give the player some time, Ash got his time and still needs more time, a little more patience with Mushifiq and you'll see his real class
Old February 28, 2008, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
dhiman was the best keeper in the FC NCL matches this season, he topped the dismissals list and he has a better FC NCL record with the bat than rahim. if dhiman shouldn't be there then neither should rahim, surprisingly pilot has a better FC NCL batting average than both rahim and dhiman.
but he does not have exposure to int'l cricket.
Old February 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

though i stick with siddons point about mushy and strongly believe in him,i would say get dhiman prepared too.competetion should be good for that babyboy.
Old February 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
but he does not have exposure to int'l cricket.
and at one point neither did rahim, neither does any player to begin with, but he's performed and deserves a chance (more than rahim imo).
Old February 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

really he shouldn't be in the team. he can't score runs and he even drops catches. he is being total failur. let's give him a break and let him get his confidence back. and meanwhile we can give Pilot a last chance for his career.
Old February 28, 2008, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Mushfiq is not going away that easily. I think it's good for Dhiman if he has fight harder for a spot in the national team. I like to see Dhiman scoring couple centuries (or atleast scores in 70-80 range) in the Dhaka premier league and forcing his way into the national team.
Old February 28, 2008, 04:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Looks like Mushfiq is not going away that easily. I think it's good for Dhiman if he has fight harder for a spot in the national team. I like to see Dhiman scoring couple centuries (or atleast scores in 70-80 range) in the Dhaka premier league and forcing his way into the national team.
Aren't we asking too much from Dhiman? Couple of centuries?? He had none in NCL's 26 innings (combined First class and List A) just few months back. All of a sudden he would be scoring centuries? Is Dhiman better than Shakib as a batsman?

Is Golam Mabud a wicket keeper?

I am not saying we stick with Mushi. But not sure if Dhiman is the right choice or not. May be K Masud still has something left to give.

Expecting whoever comes in for Mushi and perform in international level is just setting up a disaster to happen.