facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
that's why i hate Banglacricket sometimes too much. Too many so called probashi. Who loves to criticise like hell all the way. I really don't get it. Where you'll get so much happy faces in other part of the world. So many flyovers and roads are blocked nowadays cause of under construction. May be these couple of things are creating a little bit problems. But those who can't see the future is the blind. Brisbane is a better place no doubt but why Stuart law called us poor country? I really don't get it. I am happy that he did leave. Guy who has no respect for the country shouldn't be our head coach. And those so called probashi just remember it's the country you belong. Don't just criticise when you can brand your country.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
I think you didn't read the interview carefully... If I remember correctly he said, "I was told that BD is a Poor country... But i see the people going to work happily...I see all happy faces....etc etc" I think you have failed to understand what he said/meant and over reacting...

And there is no denying fact that BD is a poor country...that's what the economic stats also say...if saying truth is a disrespect...you should try to change that truth first... Not The People who say that truth...So you shouldn't react so much even if he would say that....

Old April 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
From experience: For every foot of dirt that I have washed off my body on a typical day out in Dhaka, I've had to wash off five feet and some more in Kolkata. The latter is probably easily one of the dirtiest cities in the world and certainly the dirtiest that I've ever been in.

Haha.. nice to know. Now every time I hear someone/newspaper from Calcutta criticising Dhaka/ Bangladesh's environment, I can have a quiet laugh to myself.
Old April 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Haha.. nice to know. Now every time I hear someone/newspaper from Calcutta criticising Dhaka/ Bangladesh's environment, I can have a quiet laugh to myself.
And not only Kolkata. I spent some time in Bihar in 2008...I would recommend anyone who wants to see true poverty and destitution to visit that state, particularly places like Gaya. It's a city seemingly built on a rubbish heap.

And if you think Dhaka, with its multi million inhabitants, has a waste management problem, have you seen the conditions of Naples?

Every country has its share of problems. Somehow we are always treated condescendingly/patronizingly by the international media.

Thanks for your kind words by the way, Ian.
Old April 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BD has about 30% population bellow the poverty level and India a has more. And if you go by numbers, India has more than one BD bellow the poverty level.

And yes, Bangla (Kolakata), Bihar and Urissya; the empire of shiraj-ud-dowla ar ethe states with max poverty and yes the cities are too dirty too. And it wasn't long before IPL that, Ausies refused to play in India due to Pollution of the cities/environment and also put it up as a excuse for poor performance in India.
Old April 19, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I can add that living in Dhaka is an enriching experience. I never found it distressing or awful. It depends what end you come from this at. It is not easy to understand all the staring or get the mad traffic, but the people are warm and friendly.

People have great humour and it pays to smile a great deal and laugh. Dhaka is an assault on the senses; sights, sounds, smells and it is not what you would understand if you come from Europe.

I never felt at risk, unlike in some parts of the world and even the UK.

I feel Dhaka is what you make it. It's all about perspective...
Nicely said Sir Pont - thank you.
Old April 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Hey Ian have you ever worn a lungi? Do you wear a lungi? Im just curious
Old April 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
Test Cricketer

So much drama involving our cricket. Makes want Siddons+ Pont+ Fountain back like never before.
Old April 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its interesting that the thread has become more about Dhaka than Stuart Law quitting... thats what I love about BanglaCricket.... its never cut and dry!!
Old April 21, 2012, 03:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
I can add that living in Dhaka is an enriching experience. I never found it distressing or awful. It depends what end you come from this at. It is not easy to understand all the staring or get the mad traffic, but the people are warm and friendly.

People have great humour and it pays to smile a great deal and laugh. Dhaka is an assault on the senses; sights, sounds, smells and it is not what you would understand if you come from Europe.

Thanks Ian for the nice words :-) ; I have doubt, those who hates dhaka and talks ill about it visited how many places in their life!
Old April 22, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Good-bye coach. All the best coach!
Old April 24, 2012, 04:27 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:

Great post mate!