facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
There are some positive sides as well-

I know its a very short tour but we should utilize any kind of international match since we are not playing any for next few months. Instead of sending full string team we can send players like Anamul, Enamul Jnr, Mominul, Saqlain Sajib .....It will definitely benefit them and we can check our bench strength.

Going to Pakistan means they will be owing us big time. In future if we have no test cricket for 10-12 months we can use them.

Without [Pakistani] players BPL would have been flopped. So we need those paki players in or next edition as well. Please dont mention about indian players joining BPL next edition, because it will never happen. Also Paki's are arranging PPL which can be a big market for our players. this will definitely help our players to gain skills. ( keep in mind Shakib has improved playing in County Cricket, and Paki leagues are very competitive ones even though its T20)

I think [Pakistanies] knows that any incident will happen, they will be ban from cricket for ever. So they taking the steps knowing the risk. They will give us 100% presidential security. Its only matter of 3-4 days.. and we can send 2nd string team without shak and tamim.
Yes.
Remember this is part of FTP: 3 ODIs and 2 Tests. Pak will play the remaining games by next year (DS).

Kamal and co didn't have any other options. We need Pakistan players in BPL. Being India's friend will not give us anything except the vote and a home series in 3/4 years.

Old April 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Yes.
Remember this is part of FTP: 3 ODIs and 2 Tests. Pak will play the remaining games by next year (DS).

Kamal and co didn't have any other options. We need Pakistan players in BPL. Being India's friend will not give us anything except the vote and a home series in 3/4 years.
Yeah Right!!!! (sarcasm)
Old April 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Yeah Right!!!! (sarcasm)
We don't?
Old April 17, 2012, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
We don't?
Khulna had no Pak players, but the team was no less attractive to me than any other team....
So may be u do, I dont!! General population want to watch bangladeshis along with some good international cricketers. Those cricketers can be from any country including Pakistan but not exclusively from Pakistan...
Old April 17, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
All life is precious. Would the pain of a second string players mother be any less to that of a first team playe? If it is safe to send the second string it's safe to send the first string ; and vice versa . There shiuldnt be any preferential treatment .
Let's tell it to LK...who told him it's safe to tour there?? ICC says it's unsafe and entire non cricketing world says it's unsafe ... just yesterday about 500 criminals and talibans were released from the jail by a Taliban attack in the North Wazirstan district of Pakistan...if they can't guard and protect a structurally protected jail..how they can protect a stadium or a hotel??

Yes, every life is important .. But yet...the VIP s have a million $ security net around them but the normal people don't have. Who is more important always gets a protection.
Old April 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Default 'Say no to Pakistan, Say no to Lotus Kamal' Protest

A Bangladesh cricket team supporters group has protested the recent decision to tour Pakistan in front of Dhaka Press Club.

A group formed on social networking website Facebook, entitled `Say no to Pakistan, Say no to Lotus Kamal', organised the protests beside the National Press Club on Tuesday.

They brandished shoes while holding various placards that read: `Don't want to see Tigers dead bodies', `Don't go Pakistan, don't go', 'Pakistan is a death land, Pakistan is not a country'.

The organisers said the protest was in response to the Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision.

One of the protesters Aumi Rahman Pial told bdnews24.com, "No cricket team wants to play in Pakistan due to its unstable situation. Who will give security to our boys if they go there?"

He also criticised BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal.

Another protester Dr Selina Moula said, "The people of Pakistan are not safe there, how will they give security to our boys."

More detail

I found the pics more interesting than the actual news.
Old April 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I like the idea of protest against it, honestly I didn't expect people will protest,but looks like it's not only in BC where people care
But I dislike the way they wrote it on sandles "say no to Pakistan" this is disgraceful, we can't show such disrespect to other country ,that also when we know that we (BCB) are the one who are willing to go.
Old April 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

if our players don't agree to the tour, that will be the best solution.
I can't find any reason why are they agreeing to this tour?
Old April 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

what happened to our beloved pm hasina now? didnt she claim khaleda zia is ISI agent during Asia cup? Then why is she allowing this tour to happen.. BD politicians are like unfaithful dogs, whoever throws meat they will go running towards.
Old April 17, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
If you are going to send the team, send a team which can win, all this talk of sending 2nd or 3rd string is very poor thinking, is their life any less valuable than first string players?

Get the promise of maximum security, call Tamim , Shakib from IPL and send the best possible team to win both matches or save the trouble fire the BCB president and say no to tour.
What i think is that since its only 1 odi and 1 t20 then we should send a second string team. Its such a short tour so why not give some youngsters a go. Its nothing to do with the fact that we are touring Pakistan.
Old April 17, 2012, 08:23 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Yes.

What about the opposite ? With IPL out of bounds, BPL is an important source of income for Pakistani cricketers. In any negotiation, if you start with the "we need them more than they need us", you are bound to lose.
Old April 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Kamal raised a point today while interviwing with banglanews24 Source

প্রশ্ন: সরকারের কাছ থেকে অনুমোদন পাওয়া গেছে কি না এনিয়ে একটা প্রশ্ন তৈরি হয়েছে। আসলে সত্যিটা কি?

মোস্তফা কামাল: সরকারের অনুমোদন আমি নিজেই। সরকার দায়িত্ব দিয়েছে আমাকে ক্রিকেট চালাবার জন্য। আমরা যেটা ভালো মনে করবো সেটাই সরকার। দেশের জনগণকে নিয়েই সরকার। আমরা ক্রিকেটের স্বার্থে এই উদ্যোগ নিয়েছি। আজকে যদি পাকিস্তানে না যাই, পাকিস্তান যদি তাদের সমস্ত খেলোয়াড়ের অনুমোদন আটকে দেয়, তাহলে কি হবে? আইসিসির গত সভায় আইন করা হয়েছে, কোন বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় নিজের দেশের ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের ছাড়পত্র ছাড়া খেলতে পারবে না। এখন পাকিস্তানের ক্রিকেটাররা না খেললে বিপিএল বন্ধ হয়ে যাবে। ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটও ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হবে। ভারতের খেলোয়াড়রা এখানে আসবে না। ভারতের খেলোয়াড়দের নূন্যতম মূল্য এক কোটি টাকা। পাকিস্তানের ক্রিকেটাররা এখনো রিক্সায় করে এসে খেলে যায়। আমরা আবাহনী মোহামেডান থেকে টাকা দেই অন্য দলগুলো থেকে তাও পায় না। শোয়েব মালিক কবে থেকে আসা শুরু করেছে বাংলাদেশে, যখন সে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট খেলে তখন থেকে।

প্রশ্ন: তাহলে আপনি বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের বৃহত্তর স্বার্থের কথা বিবেচনা করে পাকিস্তান সফরের উদ্যোগ নিয়েছেন?

মোস্তফা কামাল: বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট লাভবান হবে। নিজস্ব খেলাগুলো এখন তারা দুবাইয়ে এবং ইংল্যান্ডে খেলে। বাংলাদেশ পাকিস্তানে গেলে তাদের অনেক খেলা ঢাকায় চলে আসবে। আমরা লাভবান হবো। ইংল্যান্ড খেলবে বাংলাদেশের মাঠে। এটাও আমার সঙ্গে চুক্তি হয়েছে।

Asholei zodi Pak tader home series BD te khele, it'll be good for BD cricket, specially for a guy like Kamal to make more money
Old April 17, 2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
saw it on FB,the BD jersey for Pak tour
lol nice. I am sharing it on my wall.
Old April 17, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks like bomb defuser or space suit to me than just bulletproof jersey. Oh there may be Bio hazard as well right? Good choice no doubt.

Old April 18, 2012, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Default ICC has recognised Bangladesh's tour of Pakistan PCB

"I thank the ICC Board for the way they appreciated the revival of cricket and approved of it."

"The situation is not like it was in 2009. Since cricket was suspended in Pakistan our grounds were left deserted but things have improved and I hope more teams will come after the Bangladesh team's tour."

Ashraf said convincing Bangladesh to tour was a victory for fans of the game.

"Cricket is a passion in Pakistan and convincing Bangladesh to tour is a victory for all of us and now even a single policeman will do his best to give the visitors full security," he said.

The Pakistan Cricket Board said a comprehensive security plan will be approved by the federal government and will be forwarded to the ICC shortly.

The Bangladesh team is due to arrive on April 27. They play a 50-over game on April 29 and a Twenty20 the following day.

source
Old April 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

I guess there will be no international broadcast for these matches for 2 reason,
- its in pakistan (war zone)
- only 2 matches
Old April 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

From DS
Old April 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
What i think is that since its only 1 odi and 1 t20 then we should send a second string team. Its such a short tour so why not give some youngsters a go. Its nothing to do with the fact that we are touring Pakistan.
Very interesting point of view maybe it will workout but isn't it better to consolidate the first string before improving 2nd stingers or youngsters? they can always play with ZIM or any other team touring and with BPL they will get enough experience.

But very interesting point of view you raised.
Old April 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
Banned

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/561710.html

It seems security report is yet to be submitted to ICC.

Utterly incompetent guy you have as the head of BCB, he lost all my respect. How can one promise a tour without even seeing the security report?

Now it seems it is not even ready yet!!! my God he is playing with lives.

I am going to start praying nothing untoward happens to Bangladesh Players.

Totally, ridiculously, utterly incompetent. How did this guy became head of BCB?
Old April 18, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
How did this guy became head of BCB?
Thats our question too..
Old April 18, 2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Thats our question too..
At first I thought he pushed for the tour after knowing the security details because he recently toured Pakistan, so I sort of wanted it to happen but without even knowing what sort of security they are going to provide how can he agree to send the team.

Isn't team more important than any lofty position a individual might get?
Old April 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Very interesting point of view maybe it will workout but isn't it better to consolidate the first string before improving 2nd stingers or youngsters? they can always play with ZIM or any other team touring and with BPL they will get enough experience.

But very interesting point of view you raised.
Well one thing in Bangladesh Cricket we need to know is who should be Tamim's batting partner in odi's. We have taken Nazim out of the equation so the 2 candidates would be Anamul Haque and Imrul Kayes.

Let these 2 bat together and see who performs better? This is the perfect series to do that.

What about Ashraful? Lets see how he performs in the international arena. How will Mahamdullah step up with more added responsibility?

This are some of the questions we want answers to and i think this is the perfect series to find out because it is such a short series (1 odi & 1 t20).
Old April 19, 2012, 12:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

send our second or third streak team i dont care if they loose send shahadat ,nzaimuddin and other players who hardly get chance in national team but have been playing in dhaka premiere league for long time its an opportunity for them to get chance in international cricket don't send our best players
Old April 19, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

There is a collision in the issue of security between Federal government and state government of Panjab for Bangladesh tour of Pakistan.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/561710.html
Old April 19, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

I cann't understand why most of the guys suggest to send 2nd or 3rd string team. Are their lives valueless to you. If their lives are valueless and send them, they cann't win even a single game. So there is no matter who are sent to Pakistan. It will be same result if we send them who suggest to send 2nd string team.

IMO if we think it is risky for our players we shouldn't push anyone going to Pakistan. Only we can send him who decide himself to go there.