facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I will let Tamim answer his own critics. it is up to him to defend/refute criticism about his performance...I had to stay silent since the person who told me this is a die hard Bangladesh cricket supporter to such an extent that he has sacrificed many nights sleeps like many of us to watch them play. (He is a Bangladeshi too, btw...)

even then, I do not like arguing, sometimes it is just better to stay silent.

Old September 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

It is up to the Cricket Team to shut up critics by winning, we really do not have much to defend when they keep on losing....
Old September 22, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
We need more quality in our side.
Is Nazimuddin the answer?
Old September 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

looking at the article makes me sad, although cricket has elements of strength its not a pinnacle factor. Most of mccullums shots were timed with the middle of the bat. Also early on when he wasnt timing it amazingly well, he took the singles and was patient with himself. I cant believe our players thought they needed to smack from word go. Until like 7 overs bangladesh were in the game, and it was neck and neck in terms of runs, because the kiwis set a platform to lauch which we should have equally copied the approach like.

Also if they say they lack strength which i agree, and i understand is important sometimes like when mcculum miss timed it and it still went for six, why dont they stop complaining and work out in the gym and make them selves strong? Also why don't we work on our bowling. No good just attempting to spin the ball, need to have much more variation, flight, and need to use our mind more and keep the batsmen guessing.
Old September 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

My Indian friend said "Bangladesh are a good team. The problem is that they just rely on 2/3 players."

My other friend said "Bangladesh are a crap team. Why are they so sh**?".

Still wondering who is right...
Old September 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I will let Tamim answer his own critics. it is up to him to defend/refute criticism about his performance...I had to stay silent since the person who told me this is a die hard Bangladesh cricket supporter to such an extent that he has sacrificed many nights sleeps like many of us to watch them play. (He is a Bangladeshi too, btw...)

even then, I do not like arguing, sometimes it is just better to stay silent.
Ajfar?
Roman?
Mufi?

Fess up!!
Old September 22, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Is Nazimuddin the answer?
No but before expecting our team to do well in World Cup competitions, we need to be a lot better than what we are now.
Old September 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

amra NZ er kase harsi BK bhai BC te nai bole ...
Calling BK bhai for BD-PAK match ....................

BK ............
BK ............
Old September 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
No but before expecting our team to do well in World Cup competitions, we need to be a lot better than what we are now.
LOL i was joking. But i would want Tamim and Nazim to open the batting in tests.
Old September 22, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Ajfar?
Roman?
Mufi?

Fess up!!
Protecting other people's dignity and honor is my duty, that includes concealing other people's faults or things they themselves would not like someone else to know...
Old September 22, 2012, 07:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
^^ He's on point like a decimal is.

I have a feeling Pakistan would lose to BD but would march ahead due to a higher rr.
i think you probably had that feeling every time you played against us
Old September 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Amader playerder asholei merudondo nai. After Nasir's comments to Rabeed Imam yesterday, this is what Shakib and Tamim said today:

“You know we are a much better team in home conditions and we can challenge any team in our own den. Honestly speaking, as a team we need some help from the conditions, otherwise it's difficult to win the match. We don't have the quality to exploit any conditions. We struggled because it was a true wicket,” opined Shakib. We also lack the firepower that McCullum or others in his team have. You can understand the difference if you compare their players with us,” added Shakib.

“We are improving as a team and started to learn the craft of this format because we have played enough matches in the last few months but should accept the reality that there is a big difference with the top teams. We have a lack of power which is very important in this format,” observed Tamim.

Source
Nonsense talk right before such a crucial game. Save your excuses for laters gadha's. Shunar chand aieshob condition er help lagbe tagbe speech age kothai chilo? age ki bolla ek ek jon aiebar onek bhalo preparation. Eto din shunlam ki je SL te amader strength spin suit korbe, aieta amra exploit korbo. Ar ekhon na aieta true wicket chilo. When did our team reach SL? It took them until the match started to realize that we were playing in a true wicket?

Was it the 'True Wicket's' fault that Nayok Raj Razzak was giving short balls to McCullum during death overs asking to be hit? Was it 'True Wicket's' fault that Mash's horrible throw at the stump went for 4? Was it 'True Wicket's fault that Tamim gave catch practice to a fielder standing right in front of him. The list goes on.
Old September 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Eagerly waiting for Tuesday; It’s gonna be great revenge over Pakistan for remind them the cheating & steal our victory in Asia cup.

This time I wish BD will use our secret weapon (mankading) against them, in every single chance. And Hafeez can delay as long as he wish for his paused deliveries as well...
Old September 22, 2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
a friend of mine said yesterday, Tamim is not world class, We make him out to be world class, there are thousands of cricketers like Tamim's in English county cricket...he also said that, we have nothing much to be proud of, except cricket and at that we suck too...

not my words....(not exact, but the meaning and intent is clear)
we understood vhai.....hati kadai porle, chamchikao lathi mare.....but don't worry.....we r coming back....we r coming with fire....just mark my word...pakistan will lose today....and we will beat pakistan......and more....but for now ....to be continued....
Old September 22, 2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

we play well ......jokhon dekhi deyale pit tikse....yes..pakistanis r strong....but dont forget abt asia cup...two times kobutor khacha theke ural dise....but this time khachai double tala lagbe...
Old September 22, 2012, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I just don't see the fire and grit in these guys. Even Shakib nowadays lack interest. They look like they don't wanna be there. We fans give 100% no matter what. We stay up late, we wake up early, we wait for the sun to come out, we wait for rain to stop. We fight the trolls, we troll, we scream, we yell. And we just want 100% in return.

How long ago was the Asia Cup? Why did the fire only last for 2 weeks? Why did they just give up after that loss? Why? We didn't...
Old September 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if pakistan wins today ... this match is simply another match where we will play for SOMMANJONOK PORAJOY.

because it will be tough to beat pakistan and almost impossible to beat them with a big margin
Old September 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Sage

No offense to anyone,

sometimes I really wish there would be match conferences/media releases with total silence. We hear the same things all the time all too often...
Old September 22, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

The attitude of some fans, [in and outside BC] have disgusted me a lot. No one seems to complain when we smack the living bezeezes out of India, Sri Lanka. And when we lose one, we are all suddenly certain that there is something wrong with the team, Shakib is not motivated, the body language is this, blah blah blah. This was one game, one T20. And I believe Bangladesh will come back stronger than ever and it will most likely happen in the Pakistan game.

I have seen several Bangladesh team in the past decade and a half, and this one has more grit, more character than any other. I fully believe in this team, and I know they will play with their lives against Pakistan and take us to the second round.

And if you are ashamed to be a fan of this team, don't worry, you are not really a fan of this team.
Old September 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Good luck to Bangladesh Team. Last last match hurt a lot but it's not the end of the world. We are still the team that did so well in Asia Cup. The conditions in Sri Lanka seemed more like South African conditions and our spinners didn't get the support they needed. Our bowling is still at a level where pitch assistance is crucial and a lot of the confidence of beating NZ was based on our spin attack and the assistance we were supposed to get from subcontinental conditions. Even though that didn't happen I still believe our team can fight back and put a up good show against Pakistan.
Old September 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
The attitude of some fans, [in and outside BC] have disgusted me a lot. No one seems to complain when we smack the living bezeezes out of India, Sri Lanka. And when we lose one, we are all suddenly certain that there is something wrong with the team, Shakib is not motivated, the body language is this, blah blah blah. This was one game, one T20. And I believe Bangladesh will come back stronger than ever and it will most likely happen in the Pakistan game.

I have seen several Bangladesh team in the past decade and a half, and this one has more grit, more character than any other. I fully believe in this team, and I know they will play with their lives against Pakistan and take us to the second round.

And if you are ashamed to be a fan of this team, don't worry, you are not really a fan of this team.
One game? We lost to Scott, Neth- 2nd string, T&T- 2nd String and practically to Afg and 50k (don't care about the last part), and Ire. And then we got trashed by Brendon McCullum. That's 1..2.. IDK, I was never good at math, but I'll take your word for it. I guess people really started to go "nuts" after ONE loss.

While we are still celebrating and living in the past, we might as well go back to 1998.
Old September 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
if pakistan wins today ... this match is simply another match where we will play for SOMMANJONOK PORAJOY.

because it will be tough to beat pakistan and almost impossible to beat them with a big margin
My amateurish calculation says if either of the team (NZ Pak) beats their opponent by margin of 60 runs or more, we won't even need a big win. A simple win would do it.

Now that it came to a point where we must have to beat Pakistan, I want pakistan to beat the living hell out of the kiwis and then in turn we beat the pakistanis with a good margin.
I dont have any love for either pak or nz, but just want to see both the teams beaten once but of course we go thru the next round.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 23, 2012, 01:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
One game? We lost to Scott, Neth- 2nd string, T&T- 2nd String and practically to Afg and 50k (don't care about the last part), and Ire. And then we got trashed by Brendon McCullum. That's 1..2.. IDK, I was never good at math, but I'll take your word for it. I guess people really started to go "nuts" after ONE loss.

While we are still celebrating and living in the past, we might as well go back to 1998.
Old September 23, 2012, 01:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

1 point each of a rained out affair? If so I am hoping for a washout cos I feel with Guptill injured and Mcculum playing his once in 10/20 innings aredy, nz batting is not going to fire and NZ gona get thrashed, so im hoping for a washout and then our tigers will will against PAK by 2 runs. Inshallah
Old September 23, 2012, 01:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Or ofcourse Baz or Taylor goes crazy again and we thrash PAK, thats good too :P