facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 22, 2004, 12:22 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

No point blaming anyone but the players for playing the shots ad getting out. It really doesn't make any sense blaming a coach for the poor shot selection of the batsmen specially when we have hired a specialized batting coach (Owen mattau - i probablly didnot get the spelling right). They are taught to do one thing, they go out there and forget everything - common sense just goes *poof* out of their playbook.

Blaming Dav or any other world class coach for this is just irresponsible.

Ask yourself this - when was the last time most of these players played in Dhaka league or national league matches ? Can you remember ? THAT my friends, is one of our cricket's biggest failure. Yes, BD is playing a lot of matches and that is causing us more harm then good. Our players don't know how to win. They have only experienced match after match of senseless defeat and now they are stuck in what looks like an infinite loop.

We also have a fitness issue. Players like Masri, Sumon and Sharif are out with Masri and Sharif being out to injury for a very extended period. Think about the difference Masri would have brought to our attack. It's just unfortunate.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 5:23 AM GMT, by tehsin.

Old October 22, 2004, 12:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

we got to forget this is adusshopno!!! ki ar shamadhan achche??? sumon for hanna, aftab for kapali and shadat for Tareque.

what is the point of talking about the old timer like bidhyut and bulbul? for mer even announced the retirement considering his fitness situation, ar bulbul ki ekhon ager bulbul?? he even struggled against Zimbabwe three years ago, kon bassise ashbe she??? plus ager player der tanle long terme ki labh???? youngstar ra fail korle o kichu to advantage achche!!!

by the way, we are hopelessly and haplessly inadequate against spinner..ask grant flower or sarwan.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Our weakness against spin has me dumbfounded. We should be a hotbed of would-be rafique's who'd give our bats great pratice sessions and prepare them for these spinners that seem to be having a field day against our boys.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:31 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

I can guarantee that vettori isn't bowling any better then Rafique but thanks to our batsmen, the records will show that Vettori cleaned up BD twice while Rafique got 6 wickets for an average of about 20 runs.

By the way, he took the wickets and now he is showing the bats how to dispense off these 'mighty' spinners. 20 off 13 balls for the Raf-man.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

achcha selector ra ki korbe ekhon?????

especially jodi shumon fit na hoy!!!
Old October 22, 2004, 12:32 AM
Test Cricketer

i think rafique proved in this match that he is just as good if not better then vettori.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

tarek gone.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

why are they goin to lunch now. just should finish the match. its only matter of time.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:37 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

biggest defeat against NZ. Three innings defeats in a ow. I don't know how we can defend this team when ICC says - we can't let you play test cricket anymore.

I think we need to cut down on our int'l matches or work it out in a way where the players get to have good exposure in domestic cricket. Will it help ? I don't know. If I knew, i wouldn't be sitting in front of my pc and post this messages here. )
Old October 22, 2004, 12:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaoun
i think rafique proved in this match that he is just as good if not better then vettori.

I respectfully differ, even though it is a tangantial issue..

Vettory eto over ball korle amra tin bar all out hotam...plus taileneders played rafique quite well. whereas Vettory just mesmerised us from the moment he got the ball. Figure o tai bolbe..
Old October 22, 2004, 12:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think Rafique proved that he is class apart from others...
Old October 22, 2004, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I don't think a second Test is necessary to play. Enough is enough! Now stop this circus and bring 'em to zoo where they belong! They are a disgrace to the glory of cricket.
Old October 22, 2004, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

No more coaching for this current bunch of IDIOTS. If BCB need to hire a coach do that for U5, U9, U15, U19, teams. PLease don't waste time and money on this group of loosers!! How idiot they are you can get from the dress of Pilot at the toss .. sunglasses, blazer, one hand in the pocket and shaking Flemmo's hand!!
Old October 22, 2004, 01:36 AM
Test Cricketer

innins and 99 run lose. very dissapointed at the teams batting performance. i hope the captain doesnt start making excuses again. like oh the team is inexperience and blah blah. well what can we do. inshallah chitagong test will be better.
Old October 22, 2004, 04:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by feisal

Hannan k diye try na kore Faisal hossain k diye try korto.Faisal hossain Hannan ar moto test a ato chance pae ni.Shahriar re dakte parto national team camp a. Batsman onek ache but selector saheb ra young and looser batsmander beshi like kore.
Old October 22, 2004, 05:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Quote:

Hannan k diye try na kore Faisal hossain k diye try korto.Faisal hossain Hannan ar moto test a ato chance pae ni.Shahriar re dakte parto national team camp a. Batsman onek ache but selector saheb ra young and looser batsmander beshi like kore.
Hannan re Captain banaiya diley kemon hoi?
Old October 22, 2004, 06:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhat
Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Quote:

Hannan re Captain banaiya diley kemon hoi?
Lol!! amio atae vabchi. But apni ki national team ar kotha bolche naki parar cricket.ami kintu parar cricket mean kore bolci.
Old October 22, 2004, 07:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Vettori! Vettori!! Vettori!!!

I don't like this man (Only when he play against Bangladesh.).
Old October 22, 2004, 07:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

By The Way, We loose only by An innings and 99 runs. Not an innings and 100 runs. Thanks to our batsman.
Old October 22, 2004, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

So, the final analysis of BD team, specially their batting:

In one word "Pathetic"!!
Old October 22, 2004, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

bunch of losers
Old October 22, 2004, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Is wearing Sun glasses a fashion statement in BD?

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
No more coaching for this current bunch of IDIOTS. If BCB need to hire a coach do that for U5, U9, U15, U19, teams. PLease don't waste time and money on this group of loosers!! How idiot they are you can get from the dress of Pilot at the toss .. sunglasses, blazer, one hand in the pocket and shaking Flemmo's hand!!
BD players always seem to have their Oakley(s) on either on their eyes or head.

Everytime, I'm emailed/sent any pic of relatives from back home, I can't see their eyes anymore. Guys, especially, always have the sunglasses on.

If only he knew how unprofessional/buffoon like he looked at the handshake!

I bet thats the in look nowadays in BD. Pilot must think it makes him look 'cool'.

I read somewhere once, when someone keeps hands in their pockets in public, its a sign of lack of confidence. Their are not comfortable in the setting/surrounding.
Pilot must have known an innings defeat was in the making..
Old October 22, 2004, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Quote:
Hannan,
Javed,
Nafees,
Rajin,
Ashraful,
Alok,
Masud,
Rana,
Rafique,
Taposh,
Tarek Aziz
damn, the team looks terrible. i agree that any better combination was not possible. but..... lets put it this way. this is the best team available and this is a terrible team.

hagu sharkar= first ball duck
javed=resistance but no big score. score will varry from 30~60.
nafis = just bring in a spinner, the over will look like 4 4 6 W, end of nafis
rajin= might do his usual 30s but won't because of his fever. say 10~25
asharaful = only hope
alok = infinite badpatch. 3~7 runs will come from his bat.
masud= lower order resistance but with captency that will be diducted as well.
rana= former fighter. terrible current form will score 0~4
rafique= will savore the century and hit duck, but can't complain he's a bowler.
taposh= 3~20 runs
tareq = 3* (will stay not out. may be we should open with him).

RESULT: get ready for yet another humiliation.

Agentsmith, what a prediction!
Old October 22, 2004, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
No point blaming anyone but the players for playing the shots ad getting out. It really doesn't make any sense blaming a coach for the poor shot selection of the batsmen specially when we have hired a specialized batting coach (Owen mattau - i probablly didnot get the spelling right). They are taught to do one thing, they go out there and forget everything - common sense just goes *poof* out of their playbook.

Blaming Dav or any other world class coach for this is just irresponsible.

Ask yourself this - when was the last time most of these players played in Dhaka league or national league matches ? Can you remember ? THAT my friends, is one of our cricket's biggest failure.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 5:23 AM GMT, by tehsin.
Tehsin, Have you seen Dav during the match?? Yesterday in Prothom-Alo it was reported that on TV Dav looks a man without any expression. He just sits there. Is he thinking when his next round of golf is due? Or how much money he will make out of this game? He is suppose to discuss with the payers, give them tips, encourage them etc. Oh no, he will just sit there. I see other coaches are so tense for their teams (unless you are Australia)

You said the players are making mistakes. well why is he playing the same players whom he is blamiing all the time then? Remember if a student fails time and over, the teacher has to be blamed also. Either he is not teaching well, or he needs to discipline them.

This man is here for more than 1 year, I can hardly recall there were 3 maches in a row without change. Point is, he could not figure out the right combination for this team. He could not produce 11 players that can play without change at least for a while.

Blaming players and then playing them over and over tells you he is now the one who has to be blamed. He might be a reputed coach, but he is not the right coach for this team for sure.

Anyway, blaming the coach will not solve the problem. I think players like Hannan, Javed, Tareq, Alok will also fail miserably in the domestic league. They are washed out. I saw this in the last CCL. Having a solid domestic league is the first step for success. All national players must play regularly in the domestic league, becuase to guide and nourish them club teams management are the right people. They know if they fail, punishment comes right with it.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 5:43 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old October 22, 2004, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
I don't think a second Test is necessary to play. Enough is enough! Now stop this circus and bring 'em to zoo where they belong! They are a disgrace to the glory of cricket.

Well said.