facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Isn't the new ball due in this game from the start of the first session?

My concern is that New Zeland will take the new ball and get our batsmen out cheaply. I think if we can play the new ball carefully and not lose more than a wicket or two in the first session, we'll be in good shape to put on a challenging score.

Old October 17, 2008, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

O, sweet... I just saw on Cricinfo that New Zeland took the 2nd new ball right after the 80th over. So that means that we played with the new ball for 14 overs already.

So if we can play the first 10-15 overs of the session carefully, and if Mehrab jr. can InshAllah reach his maiden Test century, we can put some pressure on the Kiwi's in this match.
Old October 17, 2008, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I had two biriany dawat for both lunch and dinner. couldn't see the match from session two. After watched the out of Ash, looked to me that he was a bit unlucky there.

B_K missed u while enjoying those fabulous birianies...sorry
Same here Auntu bhai, today was my Mama's (ammu's first cousin) wedding ceremony. It was a total hectic day for me. I could only watch the match peacefully before the Jumma Prayers and for a while after that. Immediately I had to go to my Mama's house to be a part of everything. Although, I logged in from there for a few minutes or so after the stumps. Me too missed Zaved bhai while having those very tasty Biriany. Add to that, khashir rezala was also there, I didn't know Zaved bhai even likes that also. Anyway, I hope to treat Zaved bhai one day if he is in Bangladesh some day.
Old October 17, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

So was there a link for the match yesterday or did we just rely on Cricinfo?
Old October 17, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Same here Auntu bhai, today was my Mama's (ammu's first cousin) wedding ceremony. It was a total hectic day for me. I could only watch the match peacefully before the Jumma Prayers and for a while after that. Immediately I had to go to my Mama's house to be a part of everything. Although, I logged in from there for a few minutes or so after the stumps. Me too missed Zaved bhai while having those very tasty Biriany. Add to that, khashir rezala was also there, I didn't know Zaved bhai even likes that also. Anyway, I hope to treat Zaved bhai one day if he is in Bangladesh some day.
ohh my dearest razi, that is extremely touching bhaiya! thank you for thinking of me while eating tasty grubs and Inshallah, i will be in dhaka in a couple of months and we will go eat biriyani and rezala and tikka together! all my good wishes to your choto mama and new mami! have a good time with your family bro!
when i come to dhaka in january let's get together a bunch of us and feast! you, me, warwolf, yaseer, auntu, thebest, green tea, rabz and a whole bunch of us from BC dhaka.....we will go to lalbagh, koshaituli, armanitola or old-dhaka and eat with the khash dhakayias, what do you say? in the mean time i am eating my wife's sad niramish and lie,"no no, niramish is very good, i like waht you made!" (she is a pure niramish eater, what a pain!)
Old October 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

yea good job Mehrab & Mushfiq.... but I have seen these shattering too many times before..... surprise us guys.....
Old October 17, 2008, 02:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
why, did mehrab's dad use to play cricket in BD also? there was a mehrab sr.?
Ofcouse there is a Mehrab sr but he is not Mehrab's father or any other relative. Actually, the name of the first Mehrab(Sr.) is Mehrab Hossain Opee. He became the first player from Bangladesh to score a hundred in One Day International (ODI). See Mehrab Sr. profile from cricinfo.
Also read more about Mehrab Jr. from wikipedia.
Old October 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Ofcouse there is a Mehrab sr but he is not Mehrab's father or any other relative. Actually, the name of the first Mehrab(Sr.) is Mehrab Hossain Opee. He became the first player from Bangladesh to score a hundred in One Day International (ODI). See Mehrab Sr. profile from cricinfo.
Also read more about Mehrab Jr. from wikipedia.
thank you nasif bhai! yes, i remember opee now!
Old October 17, 2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by green tea
ofcouse there is a mehrab sr but he is not mehrab's father or any other relative. Actually, the name of the first mehrab(sr.) is mehrab hossain opee. He became the first player from bangladesh to score a hundred in one day international (odi). See mehrab sr. Profile from cricinfo.
Also read more about mehrab jr. From wikipedia.
এবং মাত্রাতিরিক্ত গঞ্জিকা সেবন স্বাস্থ্যের জন্য ক্ষতিকর।
Old October 17, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
oh damn asif bhai, mehrab sr. smokes a lot? is that how he screwed up his crciket career? oh man, that's sad!
Old October 17, 2008, 02:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
And Tea is good for health. Enjoy tea.

Last edited by Green Tea; October 17, 2008 at 02:45 PM..
Old October 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Mehrab Hossain jnr: "We never looked at the scoreboard and just stuck to the team plan
Old October 17, 2008, 04:06 PM
Cricket Savant

6.5 more hours to go before the 2nd day starts! can't waite any longer!!!
Allah have mercy on us and please bless our team with strength, courage and intelligence!
Old October 17, 2008, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

wonderful stuff by mushfiq and mehrab
Old October 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

B_K,
when are you going to BD? I will reach dhaka inshallah 18th Dec. (Election day). Sohel bhai'r chuma paona asey!! Oi ta chukaitey jacchi. Sorry Kabir!! No canada in December!!
Old October 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Don't know why feeling like this.

Prediction:

Superman: 50
Zunaed: 13
Saleh: 11
Keptin:23
Moyna: Golden Duck
GoBoy: 7
Jnr: Golden Duck

MaMu: 40
Lalla: 20
Sharapova: 0*

Extra: 16

Total: 180

Hope Tigers prove me wrong. Also I hope Ash win the toss and bat first, and make most use of the pitch.
so far your prediction is not even close except Rajin Saleh.those 2 players who you thought gonna play the worse cricket in the 1st day. actually they saved the day for us.
dude this is cricket prediction doesn't work here, it's proven again. so please do be so -ve to our own team. and your prediction of that total is also SO WRONG.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
make them suffer on a crumbling pitch! we should still target 450+

Alhamdulillah and Allah Malik! Shokor Al-Hamdulillah!
isn't 450 runs are way up our head??? i gonna bet for 300 runs here. if we can do that it's gonna be a well plaed innings after got our top orders only for 44 run in 42 overs. let them have their tons 1st. that should be our priority. and only then we can think about 400+. i know we have sakib and naeem(who did show some class in the last ODI. but you never know). Raz gonna score 20 odd runs Inshallah and Mash can strike the balls as well. remember here in ctg, Mash & Shahdat had a partnership of 70+. but still i wanna target 300 runs 1st. after scoring that much, later on we are gonna get those extra runs. 300 runs against NZ bowling attack is good score i think. at least for us. and after a long time we are playing test cricket. so we should be glad if they can get to 300. more than this will be BONUS.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
6.5 more hours to go before the 2nd day starts! can't waite any longer!!!
Allah have mercy on us and please bless our team with strength, courage and intelligence!
5.5 hours to go!
Old October 17, 2008, 05:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I had two biriany dawat for both lunch and dinner. couldn't see the match from session two. After watched the out of Ash, looked to me that he was a bit unlucky there.

B_K missed u while enjoying those fabulous birianies...sorry
his batting was just rackless today. we wasn't unlucky, he was being stupid today. he should've played his natural game today and also in the 2nd ODI.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
The slow start was the key, doesn't matter what they say, end of the day they made 30 runs more than I hoped for. Tomorrow it's gonna be doubled.

Hope Both of them will make 100s
slow start is the key??? you should've seen the match live man. i wonder if you've seen it live. those top order players didn't seem to score at all. 110+ balls to score only 20 runs from Saleh, 90+ balls to score only 18 from tamim and ash scored 2 runs off 35 balls which shows how pathetic they were. if you really wanna then thank those 2 players, mushy and mehrab, they are the ones who scored those runs, they are the ones who shown the use of the feet.and i don't wanna talk about Zunaidda. this guys most of the times gives us the bad start. so many times he got himself out in the 1st ball or without scoring.you could say this is a slow start if they scored 2 runs per over. they scored like less than 1 run per over, dude. it's not slow start, it's the stupid way to play test cricket.
like about 1st sessing, one of the comentrators said "It's really painfull to watch the way they are batting"
and Atahar said "It's very depressing".
this kinda batting never gonna get the crowd in the stadium.2morrow your are gonna see more crowd than today because of the batting of Mushy & Mehrab, not for that slow start.we saw what a slow start can do in the 2nd ODI!!!!
Old October 17, 2008, 05:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Now my saying is that overall end of the day we had a decent score on the board and we have 6 wickets in hand with 2 genuine batsmen to come. so now we can wish for 300+ runs for sure for the 1st time against NZ. in this tour against NZ we did show some better performances which was unlikely. so we can hope that we will do get the 300 mark. Thanks to Mushy & Mehrab. Specially Mehrab who i am thanking most. cause he was one who shown the courage and encourage Mushy to get along. Mehrab used his feet well and played with the merit of the ball. he played only couple of loose shots to be exact. and Mushy gave him well support and end of the day he scored his most of the runs(he was being slow after scoring 13/15 runs).but about other 4 players who camed before them were really pathetic. whatever you say guys i am gonna stick to my saying. few of us are saying that slow start is the key!!!! how come you guys are saying that? why are you guys taking the pride from Mushy & Mehrab those 2 saved our day??? we saw how can a slow start help us in the 2nd ODI????the fact is, those players weren't slow, they were just hanging on the pitch and doing nothing. they're padding up the balls. they were not even using the bat. there were few close shout today but they got lucky to survive. one the comentrators said about Mehrab "This guy is playing with his bat and moving with his feet. Using the right things the way it meant to be used. And others were just padding up the balls." i think you get the point.you can say it's a slow start when they score at least 2 runs per over. they were hardly scoring 1 runs per over.

anywayz, i am happy the way ended the day 1. Thanks to the two tiny fellow. shortest in the team but played longest innings with some brilliant shots.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

5 Hours 2 Go. i just wanna see these 2 kids get their tons. Fi-Amaniallah. May Allah Be Blessed On Them.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Realistically, I am hoping for a total around 300. To aim for 400 is incredibly premature. But Inshallah Mehrab gets to 100 and Mushi can get close too.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Go for the 100 mehrab! I hope both of them can get a 100.
Old October 17, 2008, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

We should drop Rajin and try out Shaghir...we really need a good keeper atleast someone better than mushy..