facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 1, 2010, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Roy Hodgson is a mediocre coach. I am not sure how far he will be successfull with a big team like Liverpool. Or LFC have become a mediocre team itself?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Lmao. You got the second part right

Old July 1, 2010, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

these CRISIS things happens with football teams. Liverpool are going downhill. in their history of 100 years they have faced this downhills and uphill lots of times. also they have faced relegaton. by the course of time this will happen to MAN UTD, Arsenal and chelsea.

though i feel man utd and liverpool will be the teams that will always comeback strongly. they are the mohammedan and abahani of England and have the history to back them up.

i feel arsenal when wenger departs will have a big blip. and if abrahimovic cuts relation relation with chelsea, chelsea will go back where they belonged.

different sets of teams have dominated the EPL at different decades. once it was liverpool and nottingham forrest. nottingham forrest are now struggling in lower division. last two decades man utd have dominated in the ferguson era. arsenal have competed, one glory season for blackburn, recently chelsea arrived with some russian cash.

i feel man utd's dominance may finish with the crazy money chelsea, city and in some extent Spurs are spending and ferguson's retirement. may be next one decade these teams will dominate. but this crazy money thing wont dominate forever. liverpool and man utd will bounce back with football and dominate again.

i lived 4 years in england when i was very small, 2-6 years old. 2 years at liverpool, 2 years at manchester. when i returned to BD and started watching EPL from around season 94-95, i had this weakness for both liverpool and man utd. and amazingly liverpool is my first choice and man utd my second where normally a liverpool supporter will hate man utd and vice versa. i normally hate all the london clubs.
Old July 1, 2010, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ Agreed there. Fergies retirement will badly hurt United. And Chelsea is only good enough cause of the cash. And they should forever thank Mourinho. If Chelsky doesnt get any more money, they will demote back to coca-cola championships :P

But Liverpool needs a total makeover. And it would just kill them if Torres and Gerrard leave.
Old July 1, 2010, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

* Fargunson is retiring after this season(probably)
* Abrahamovic interest in football going to end within three years and plus Mourinho's tear set up will be completely broken by this time
* Arsen Wenger will not last three more years.

Who will compete for the title then? May be ManCity? Or Liverpool's old days are coming back?
Old July 1, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
* Abrahamovic interest in football going to end within three years and plus Mourinho's tear set up will be completely broken by this time

Who will compete for the title then? May be ManCity? Or Liverpool's old days are coming back?
may be everton, spurs, aston villa..... these three teams have three very good managers and decent squads with lot of promise. but whats disappointing is every season they seem to take one step forward then next season they go one step backward.
Old July 1, 2010, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Ferguson said hes not retiring within the next 2-3 seasons. And I dont see why he should retire, he is in good physical condition.
Old July 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

"Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm the signing of Joe Cole on a four-year deal.

The England midfielder has agreed personal terms with the Reds and will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours."

-source: LFC website
good move
Old July 19, 2010, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

will help both Liverpool as well as Joe Cole...
Old July 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Very good move indeed. Now Liverpool needs to follow this move by keeping Gerrard and Masch. I am not sure about Torres because of his injury. Liverpool should sell him for 50m to Chealsea/city/RM and should use those money on some smart buy. A low depth club like Liverpool cant afford an injury prone very expensive player like Torres.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^ Agreed. Spending so many millions on a player who can't even guarantee he'll show up for 70% of the games in a season is a waste. Same reason why I wouldn't bother picking a guy like Fabregas in my club team. Great player no doubt, but very prone to injury.
Old July 19, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Very good move indeed. Now Liverpool needs to follow this move by keeping Gerrard and Masch. I am not sure about Torres because of his injury. Liverpool should sell him for 50m to Chealsea/city/RM and should use those money on some smart buy. A low depth club like Liverpool cant afford an injury prone very expensive player like Torres.
gerrard and torres are most probably gonna stay.... masch is gonna leave .....

Torres, though he managed only 60% games still was the top scorer. tyat shows we dont have enough backup. Rafa always played ngog instead of trying Kuyt or Babel upfront and it was a total failure but rafa was very stubborn to continue.

LFC need a decent effective backup for torres who can fill in when torres is injured. also Rafa has a role in torres injuries... when rafa was under pressure he sometime played torres 80 % fit risking more injuries. before this season Torres did not had this proneness to injury.

also selling torres could be a good idea for a big money. but at this moment with no champions league football i dont thing liverpool can attract another world class striker. and at this moment i dont think there is any really interested buyer. chelsea dont need him as they have drogba, anelka, kalou ...... Real madrid will never buy an former atletico captain. also with his current injury problems i dont thing other teams will be interested.

but once he gets through the injury problems he will be a big transfer in a year or two.
Old July 20, 2010, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Happy to see the Hudmah Rafa leave at LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LAST!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 20, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Roy Hodgson is the best thing to happen to Liverpool in a long time.
Old July 20, 2010, 10:10 PM
Cricket Savant

actually for some reason i feel......

Siddons for BD equivalent to RAFA for liverpool.

Rafa with some of his theories have ruined the career of some players and always went downhill with the LFC team
Old July 21, 2010, 01:05 AM
Banned

I still believe that Rafa is a good coach. You can not deny the fact that he won champions league for us with a mediocre team and transformed the team with a number of world class players likes of Reina, Torres, Mascherano. He also won Spanish league twice with Valencia.
It was sad to see him go; the last season was bad and he had to go. It is well understood that Rafa and American owners , Gerard and couple of other senior players did not get on well at the last part of the season and it was only one person who had to go.
I really wish Hodgson well, but another unsuccessful season without champions league football will be disastrous for Liverpool. It will be difficult to keep the star players.

Last edited by Peace; July 21, 2010 at 02:00 AM..
Old July 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
Banned

Reports suggest that signing of Dutch winger, Drenthe is imminent. This may be a better signing than Jo Cole. What a prospect!

"Dutch midfielder Royston Drenthe is continually being linked with a move away from Real Madrid and the former Holland under-21 star has now revealed that he's set to leave Madrid for Barclays Premier League side Liverpool.

It's not yet clear whether Liverpool and Real Madrid have already agreed terms, but Drenthe appears confident that he'll ply his trade in the Barclays Premier League next term. "I will soon be joining Liverpool. I hope I will have a good season with my new club," he is quoted as saying.

Drenthe joined Real Madrid from Feyenoord in the summer of 2007, but the left footed wing-back never really managed to secure regular first team action at the Santiago Bernabeu. Therefore, he could now be looking to relaunch his career at Liverpool.

The Reds are in the market for a new left back following the departure of Fabio Aurelio, while Emiliano Insua and Philipp Degen also appear to be on their way out of Anfield. New manager Roy Hodgson supposedly sees Drenthe as the perfect candidate to fill the void at left back.

The former Feyenoord star would be the third Dutchman at Liverpool if the transfer indeed materialises. Compatriots Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt are already under contract at Anfield.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club."

source: liverpool website
Old July 27, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Roy Hodgson is the best thing to happen to Liverpool in a long time.
Yup. Probably in a couple of seasons. Maybe its time Liverpool gets some of its glory back. I am hopeful for Hodgson.
Old July 27, 2010, 10:45 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Midfielder Javier Mascherano demands Liverpool exit

Old July 29, 2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

europa league (qualifying):
RAB 0-2 LIVERPOOL (74 mins played)
Old September 21, 2010, 09:57 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Man Utd 3-2 scum

hahahahaha you'll never win the league!!!
Old September 27, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Why RBS looks set to own Liverpool FC

For those interested in owning Liverpool FC, the important calculation is this one: do they want to pay a premium and buy the club and business now, for something between £420m and £600m, or do they want to wait until it is in the hands of its banks, in the hope of securing Liverpool for more-or-less the £280m value of its bank debt (which includes £40m of penalty fees)?

Many would say that harsh commercial logic dictates only one answer.

With the 15 October deadline looming for Royal Bank of Scotland, Liverpool's main creditor, to decide whether to take control of the club, most bidders would surely prefer to wait for the fire sale.

Which is why it looks increasingly likely that Liverpool will - before too long - be the property of Royal Bank of Scotland and the US bank Wachovia (which provided around 25% of the bank debt).

There remain big imponderables, however.

One is whether Royal Bank of Scotland can take control without the business falling into administration - which would lead to a nine-point deduction for Liverpool to its Premier League tally (and, right now, would leave it with an interesting minus four points, which is a bit surreal).

As I understand it, lawyers are beavering away on behalf of RBS to investigate whether the bank can take control while avoiding administration.

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, RBS wants to own Liverpool like Superman craves kryptonite. If, in mid-October, RBS does end up formally in charge, its plan would be pass the club on to a new owner as quickly as humanly possible.

Finally, here's where those figures of £420m to £600m come from for the price tag if you want to buy Liverpool before the fire sale:
• £600m is what the two US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett would like for the bank debt and their equity. It would value their equity at more than £300m, providing them with a handsome profit.
• £420m would recoup for Hicks and Gillett the £140m odd they've put into Liverpool's holding company, Kop Holdings, via their Cayman Islands vehicle. It would, in essence, give them their money back without a profit.

There may be some Liverpool supporters who feel it is worth paying Messrs Hicks and Gillett somewhere between £140m and £320m to spare Liverpool FC the humiliation of falling into the clutches of its banks - although the evidence of the fans' blogs and websites appears to be that most supporters would in fact rather stick pins in their eyes before handing a profit to the US duo.

I doubt, however, that any of those supporters have a spare £500m lying about that they don't need right now. Which is why it's a pretty fair bet that RBS will end up owning Liverpool (for a bit).
Old September 27, 2010, 07:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson understands fans' protest

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson said he "cannot criticise" the fans who staged a protest against the club's owners after the 2-2 draw with Sunderland.

"I don't think anybody at the club wants anything but a solution to the ownership problem," he said.

"The fans want to see the club moving forward and not sort of stuck with owners trying to sell the club."

Around 10,000 fans remained in Anfield after the match to urge co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to sell.

The Royal Bank of Scotland, which is owed £237.4m of the club's £282m debts, is due to make a decision on recalling its loan in October.

The bank, which is 84% state-owned, could opt to take control of Kop Holdings, the company used by Hick and Gillett to purchase Liverpool in February 2007.

Managing director Christian Purslow has stated his determination to secure the club's future by finding new owners , saying that he wants a sale "more than anybody in the world."

Purslow, along with chairman Martin Broughton and commercial director Ian Ayre, form a majority on the board and could approve a sale without the American owners' agreement.

However, BBC business editor Robert Peston has suggested the club is likely to end up under bank ownership at least temporarily, with suitors potentially saving up to £320m if they buy from the bank rather than the club's current owners.

Hicks and Gillett, who took control of the club in February 2007, are believed to want £600m for the club, while a figure of £420m would effectively see them leave without having made a profit.

However, if the club was to fall into bank ownership it could be available for about £280m, a figure that includes £40m of penalty fees.

Meanwhile, Hodgson is left trying to turn round a club that finished seventh in the Premier League last season.

They have won only one of six league matches this campaign and were knocked out of the Carling Cup at home by League Two Northampton Town last Wednesday.

Before the draw against Sunderland Hodgson stated that the protest would not help the club's stability, but has now suggested that the issue has united the staff and supporters on Merseyside.

"The fans here are very passionate and care an awful lot about this football club," he added.

"You cannot criticise them for showing their displeasure about the situation."

Captain Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher applauded the fans who had remained in the ground as they returned to the pitch to warm down after the match.
Old September 27, 2010, 08:20 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

lol northampton town!! i thought barnsley a couple of years ago was embarrasing but a LEAGUE TWO club? can liverpool get any lower?
Old October 3, 2010, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

After 7th match-
L'pool- 18th!
Blackpool- 9th!
Old October 3, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
After 7th match-
L'pool- 18th!
Blackpool- 9th!
liverpool relegated next season? fate of leeds & newcastle? who knows...