facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old April 7, 2013, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Yes my point isn't that justice wasnt served during holocaust. In between end of WW2, and Eichmann getting captured (a good 15 years) how many holocaust survivors occupied a square and asked for his hanging?

How many did so for Pol-Pot? Mind you that guy didnt get hanged for his crimes. Large number of war criminals didn't get what they deserved.

Maybe Eichmann was a bad example as he was hiding middle of nowhere where our ones were living right in the middle of Dhaka.
I don't have much of an idea on either the Holocaust or the "Pol-Pot" issue, but I'm curious as to what you're trying to convey. Are you suggesting that just because some war criminals get away with what they've done, we should allow the same thing to happen in Bangladesh? Just because it was 40-odd years ago doesn't excuse the crimes they've committed. Just because it was 40-odd years ago doesn't mean we should simply "drop the subject" of the horrors committed in the liberation war. There are people still alive who were and still are deeply affected by what happened back then. Surely you can't just expect them to "let it go" without seeing anything done about it.

Old April 7, 2013, 09:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib,Viru

As far as I know these koumi Madrasas don’t follow any educational curriculum of Bangladesh.As well as these institutions are not directly under the authority of Education Ministry and usually they don’t get any financial support from the govt rather they gather their funds from foreign donors. However these madrasas may be following the rules and regulations of the funding organization but usually they don’t disclose the identity of the funding organization.

This is what i m seeing in Wikipedia.

Al-Jamiatul Ahlia Darul Ulum Muinul Islam ( আল্‌-জামিয়াতুলআহ্লিয়াদারুলউলূমমুঈনুলইসলাম (হাটহাজারীমাদ্রাসা)), popularly known as the Hathazari Madrassah or the "Boro Madrassah “Established in 1896 (1310 Hijri), it is the largest and oldest Deobandi madrassah in Bangladesh.

There are allegations that the Madrassah is a training ground for Islamic extremists. While authorities of the school have confirmed that some graduates volunteered for the Afghan jihad during the 1980s, there was no strong evidence to suggest that the school itself was recruiting for the jihad

Primary levelUrdu; Persian; Arabic; Nahu-Sarf; Siraat-un-Nabi; Fiqh etc. are taught along with the Mathematics; History; Bengali; English and Geography.
Secondary level— Higher Arabic Grammar; Arabic Literature; Fiqh; Logics.
Higher secondary level — higher Fiqh and Usul-e-Fiqh; higher Logic; higher Arabic Literature; higher Economics; higher Philosophy; higher Islam History.
Graduate levelHadith; Tafsir; Arabic and Persian poetry; Solar Science.
Post graduate level — Six major Hadith Books: Bukhari Sharif, Muslim Sharif, Abu Dawd Sharif, Tirmidi Sharif, Nasaee Sharif and Ibn Majah are mainly taught.
Beyond post graduate level — further study in the field of Islamic Law; Arabic Language and Literature; Higher Hadith Study, Bengali Literature and Islamic Studies.

I am not getting the total picture of these madrasas educational system by seeing their own established educational curriculum. But it has raised some significant question in my mind. Are these madrasa students getting the chance of studying Bengali Literature? If not then how will they cope up with Bengali culture? Do they get the chance of knowing the true brutality of 71? Do they have any idea about Oparajeo Bangla and its symbolic meaning? Govt must look after these madrasa institution, we certainly can’t allow to create mini afganistan/pakistan inside Bangladesh.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

There is no solution to this debate. No body or no party is playing it fair... Ultimate fat is that the country is being screwd.... Responsibility is on the government.

So they must take initiative and hold talks with other parties. Everyone knows what are the legitimate points ... So, if some party becomes stubborn on illogical demands, at least they will be proven and cornered. But a dialogue for consensus is a must and BAL has to go out of the way to pursue all parties with an honest intent. Extremism on either side is dangerous.

If their is no dialogue, it's on the parties like HeI, that benefits...if there is no decision or concensu in discussion and go for public vote with everyone's Agenda...let people decide what hey want... As a last resort... You can't fight on the streets and kill people and kill the future of the country...that's the bottom line.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#000000]As far as I know
There is a Madrasa board, under the ministry of Probably Education or Religious Affairs, I'm not sure but probability is Ministry of Education. Except the Qaomi Madrasas, but their syllabus has recently been approved by this government too...

And please don't cut your own feet by bringing up such stupid issues. Madrasas are problem in Pak, not in BD. they are quiet strongly controlled by the govt. we didn't have any problem of Moulobad before tis ICT or Shahbag came up....so just to support AL...don't damage ur country to the world by picking up such nonsense issues...

Now AL has brought a divide and they have given Hefazat this chance to come to the street and misguide some Muslims... Don't make it worse....

Damage control is urgently necessary from the government... We can't let the country be in extremist hands...

Don't think that, you can kill this force by power....nobody could...US army, NATO, Pak Army together failed to do it in Afg.... So lets not do politics with it... You can't do anything if you allow them to rise....

So, lets face it politically ...before it goes beyond control... Sometimes try to think being a Non Awami human being ...just as a non party citizen...
Old April 7, 2013, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
we didn't have any problem of Moulobad before tis ICT or Shahbag
fficeffice" />Bangladesh didn't have any problem of Moulobad before ICT……. Are u kidding? Bangla bhai, 21 aug grenade, pohela baishakh bombing, did these happen two centuries back? Were they Pakistani or Indian? Please don’t possess this type of stupid idea.

The whole point of my post was about questioning the educational system of these madrasas. When these mullahs brought up such demand like “stop co-education, stop co-working and destroy the statues or stop making them in Dhaka city bla bla bla” then any person will question their background and their teaching system and their thoughts about Bengali culture etc, etc, etc. Do they even know what is the main export oriented business and who is the heart of that.

There are hundreds of more reasons which will make someone suspicious about the education and knowledge of these mullahs. There is no problem with religious education. But when they come up with such ideology then certainly there is a problem in the core of madrasa system especially when our general education system isn’t out of the radar of typical mismanagement.

Nobody is saying to wipe out madrasa ,koumi madrasa or whatever, they just need some reformation and strict authorized regulation. I just wanted to point out these but may be for ur blind sympathy for a particular party u have failed to notice those and that’s why u have come up with that stupid bnp-al politicics . If I talk about madrasa then I m a AL. Lol. I will request you to keep sympathizing ur favorite party and refrain urself from bringing such nonsense analogy.
Old April 7, 2013, 01:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
I used to think like that too, but honestly no one really follows the book to the tee or even slightly. If they did then most countries and people would be living a life like the people of Afghanistan and probably even worse than that.

The sad part is most religious people only pick and choose the parts of the religion that is convenient for them, conforms with their world views and easy for them to follow and ignore everything else. And then have the nerve to place judgement on everyone else who doesn't share their views.

Most BC members who are living abroad are reaping the benefits of civilized, secular and democratic government that acknowledges the rights of minorities. They have the nerve to take sides in favor of religious fanatics who oppose secular government and who are trying to take rights away from the minorities in Bangladesh!

How fracking crazy is that?
Everyone has bias. No one is immune.

Majority of BC members are FIRMLY OPPOSED to this Hefajot/Jamaat axis. In fact, only Rifat, Abu Ayyub, and Riajul have come out with varying degrees of support. Yourself, Gladiator, zsayeed, and Zunaid alone make those 3 a MINORITY view. Then we have Nasif and Sohel who've both quoted to Quran to oppose the Hefajot/Jamaat axis.

You've also made the mistake of assuming that there are civilized and un-civilized nations, when in fact the real divider is that there are economically developed and un-developed nations. Economic development is not necessarily tied to degree of civility - see Saudi Arabia, secularism - see Israel, or democracy - see China. But every country ranges in the spectrum of uncivil behavior.

I live in the United States, and I live in relatively great comfort. But it would be mistaken to assume that because I live decently, everyone else in America lives decently too. We have a pretty poor record of human rights and minority rights that long predates Guantanamo Bay. From the Trail of Tears, to Nat Turner's rebellion, to Emmet Till, to Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, and finally to Trayvon Martin.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 7, 2013, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

@Sohel bhai, than you for taking the time to explain that verse. I did try to get some context by reading the verses before, but it was not clear to me if the reference is related to war time enemy combatants.
Old April 7, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I have one demand.

- Put them all behind bars or deport them to Pakistan (better yet Saudi)
Good Idea Zunaid Vai. Deport these cavemen to Pakistan/Afganistan/Saudi Arab.
Old April 7, 2013, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
fficeffice" />Bangladesh didn't have any problem of Moulobad before ICT……. Are u kidding? Bangla bhai, 21 aug grenade, pohela baishakh bombing, did these happen two centuries back? Were they Pakistani or Indian? Please don’t possess this type of stupid idea.

The whole point of my post was about questioning the educational system of these madrasas. When these mullahs brought up such demand like “stop co-education, stop co-working and destroy the statues or stop making them in Dhaka city bla bla bla” then any person will question their background and their teaching system and their thoughts about Bengali culture etc, etc, etc. Do they even know what is the main export oriented business and who is the heart of that.

There are hundreds of more reasons which will make someone suspicious about the education and knowledge of these mullahs. There is no problem with religious education. But when they come up with such ideology then certainly there is a problem in the core of madrasa system especially when our general education system isn’t out of the radar of typical mismanagement.

Nobody is saying to wipe out madrasa ,koumi madrasa or whatever, they just need some reformation and strict authorized regulation. I just wanted to point out these but may be for ur blind sympathy for a particular party u have failed to notice those and that’s why u have come up with that stupid bnp-al politicics . If I talk about madrasa then I m a AL. Lol. I will request you to keep sympathizing ur favorite party and refrain urself from bringing such nonsense analogy.
Bangla bhai wasn't a local problem...it came and was dealt properly... They didn't have root in this land, if you think Islam=Banglabhai in this country go ahead

I don't really have appetite to argue with these Awami extremist thought, all I can wish that please continue your Naked Dance of Holi thinking that u are all powerful to vanish Islam and let the Mollas do their extremistic Jihad... And I know the result..both will perish... Like BAKSHAL didn't last and like Taliban didn't last...extrEmists will perish... By natural law...

I don't have any sympathy for such rotten minds ....breeding extremism...be it Islamic or the other extreme, Continue...I'll start enjoying even from this thread and if u survive we will meet.... AL isn't that powerful as it was in 74 and neither Jamaat is that powerful a force like Taliban... Continue sir....it will cost my country but what to do...carry on

Last edited by BANFAN; April 7, 2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old April 7, 2013, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Ayyub
Thanks for this post, good arguments you have brought forth but these cannot be applied in today's time and context. The Prophet (s) advised us to obey our Muslim rulers even if they kill many people, however if there is clear disbelief seen from the ruler then the obedience is no longer there. These tyrannical rulers of the past were not declared as disbelievers but deviants.
During the time of Mamun and Mu'tasim, the issue was regarding Aqeedah, and many of the scholars including Imam Ahmad felt they (Mamun/Mu'tasim) were trying to force Shirk on the people. Aqeedah is more important than jurisprudence, and yet they weren't declared disbelievers.

Obligations of a Muslim fall in two broad categories - Haqooq Allah (Rights of the Lord) and Huqooq ul Ibad (Rights of the servant/human beings). Our Lord has made it clear He will never forgive the sins as relates to violating another human being's rights, unless the person whose rights were violated is willing to forgive. On the other hand, if he wills he can forgive violation of obligations towards him, although this is not to undermine the importance of these obligations. Understanding this is crucial so we'll know the importance of being very careful when doing or saying anything that may violate another person's rights. Hartal, strikes, unjustified killing, destruction of public and private property violate others' rights and is very serious matter which should not be taken lightly. If there's any doubt it's better to err on the side of caution and do nothing.

Going back to my first point of this post, consider the following hadith-- No man accuses another man of being a sinner, or of being a kafir, but it reflects back on him if the other is not as he called him.'' (Bukhari, Book of Ethics; Book 78, ch. 44)

Now some of these Imaams are saying things like "Those who don't attend the long march are atheists". Just for the sake of argument, let's say hypothetically a consensus was reached that the long march is Fard, now tell me how can it be Fard Ayn and not Fard Kifaya? And if it is Fard Kifaya, what does it make the folks who are doing Takfeer willy nilly? Are we to take our Deen from folks like this? I hate going into debates that I know will keep going on and on without either side conceding, so I don't plan on responding to this particular line of discussion and wasting our time any more.

Last edited by zman; April 7, 2013 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: better translation of hadith included
Old April 7, 2013, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Now AL has brought a divide and they have given Hefazat this chance to come to the street and misguide some Muslims... Don't make it worse....

Damage control is urgently necessary from the government... We can't let the country be in extremist hands...

Don't think that, you can kill this force by power....nobody could...US army, NATO, Pak Army together failed to do it in Afg.... So lets not do politics with it... You can't do anything if you allow them to rise....
Words of wisdom indeed. There's a reason why they say, don't pick a fight that you know you can't finish. For the sake of the country, the biggest sacrifice patriotic folks can make today is leave alone issues that will divide the nation further and focus on what will unite most people if not all. So I'd rather focus on doing something like supporting our cricket team than get involved in dirty politics, where hatred will beget more hatred and so on.
Old April 7, 2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Eta amar Bangladesh na. Eta oder East Pakistan.
Old April 7, 2013, 07:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Eta amar Bangladesh na. Eta oder East Pakistan.
Bhai, eta amader e 'Bangladesh'. Pakistan er proti eto dorod thakle oder bolen 'pakistan' e jete. Kintu sheta to korbe na. 'Afganistan', 'Pakistan' er por eder nojor ekhon 'Bangladesh' er upor !
Old April 7, 2013, 08:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
It is important not to conflate Islam with Islamism, especially for those of us who consider ourselves to be practicing Muslims.

Islam is willful submission to GOD as revealed in the Qur'an and everything else referred to by the Qur'an, believed by Muslims to be the unambiguous speech of GOD. The Qur'an also suggests us believers to follow the example of all of GOD's Holy Prophets (PBUT) in general, and that of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in particular.

Islamism is a genre of political ideology based on particular interpretations of Islam, and a means to attain and then exercise political power through coercive laws and other means of enforcing a theocracy. The underlying assumption of Islamism is that GOD needs us to do His bidding as his deputies on this earth. In the Islamic creed, such co-dependency or association is an unforgivable sin, pure and simple. Therefore, Islamism advocating Islamic theocracy, it can be successfully argued using the Qur'an as the criterion, is not only anti-Islamic but a grave sin.

GOD DOES NOT NEED US TO DO HIS BIDDING! WE NEED HIM!

Islamists believe in the enactment and subsequent enforcement of their preferred brand of Sharia law, and compelling everyone living under the law to adhere to it. By doing so, they utterly ignore GOD's clear message regarding religion and compulsion:

If a particular set of Sharia laws become the law of the theocratic state, a goal at the very heart of Islamism, everyone living in that state would be compelled to follow that set of laws. Such compulsion is prohibited, as is perceiving the self-anointed deputies of GOD running the theocracy as de facto deputies of GOD, Astagferullah!
I found your statements very shocking, to take such verses of the Qur'an to use it for your own argument that implementing shariah law is a 'grave sin' - that in itself can be a grave sin! Ibn Qayyim (the Hanablite jurist) said to speak about Allah (swt) without knowledge is worse than any other crime including shirk. (Which I am not accusing you of just a reminder) Please do not forget you are using the words of the Lord and not just any random book picked up from the the library. You cannot just pick up a verse and then understand it by your own thinking, ideology or intellect. That is dangerous. If your argument was factual that implementing the laws of Allah is a grave sin, then why hasn't any scholar of the past said such a thing!?

The Islamic nation (or the Caliphates) in the last 1400 years were governed by the law of Allah, was the Prophet (s), or the companions or the Tab'in wrong in implementing the law of Allah? May Allah guide us to the straight path. You have misinterpreted the verse "There is no compulsion in religion" to make it as if shariah law forces the religion on the people but that is not the case. This verse is instructing that no one should be compelled to follow the religion by force - freedom of religion. We cannot force anyone to become a Muslim. That does not mean NO SHARIAH LAW! For the past thousands of years, Islamic governments implemented the shariah law and this verse - by not forcing the non-Muslims to become Muslims. The non-Muslims lived and practiced their own religion with freedom under the Islamic state. Take for example Palestine, most of the orthodox Jews prefer to live under an Ottoman Islamic state than the secular Israeli state. When the Ottoman Empire took over Constantinople, the sultan promised the Jews and Christians the protection of their religion, one example is the Millet system where each religion had their own separate courts pertaining to personal laws. The verse "No compulsion in religion" was implemented in the empire clearly. Another example is Egypt, ruled for thousands of years under Islamic rule yet we find it is still home to over 7million Copts. The Mughal Muslim empire ruled the area of India for over 300years, yet we find there over 800million Hindus in India today and 15million in Bangladesh. (Please refer to Ahmed Deedat, 'Compulsion in Religion'). And if you were then to ask me where is my proof, well in a way these historical facts could be seen as a consensus.

Throughout centuries the sources of shariah was the Qur'an, Sunnah, Ijma, Qiyas. Never in history until in these modern times has the ummah stepped away from that. When the Ottoman Empire decided to change some of its laws to match European laws, a pattern could be noticed as this was taking place that it had led to the decline of the Empire, hence the decline period.

Here are some verses to think about, "And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, then they are the disbelievers" (5:44) , "...then it is those who are the wrongdoers." (5:45), "...then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient." (5:47)

Implementing shariah law does not mean Allah benefits, no, WE (the creation) benefit. Shariah is NOT forcing people to practice Islam, but provides us Muslims a code or system in how to live our daily lives not just in private but public. This can then be linked to our goal in life and that is to achieve success not only in this world but most important for the hereafter. We make dua for the ummah, we help and give advise to each other. This is the concept of brotherhood, if everyone lived their lives without helping each other to achieve success then where is the good in that? Allah is providing us with solutions in how to live our lives to how He (swt) wants us to live, not to benefit Himself (swt) but to benefit us, in turn pleasing Him (swt). That is submission to Allah. Not secularism.
Old April 7, 2013, 08:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Let me quote from Tafsir Ibn Kathir which explains the verse "There is no compulsion in religion" in further detail:

Quote:
(There is no compulsion in religion), meaning, "Do not force anyone to become Muslim, for Islam is plain and clear, and its proofs and evidence are plain and clear. Therefore, there is no need to force anyone to embrace Islam. Rather, whoever Allah directs to Islam, opens his heart for it and enlightens his mind, will embrace Islam with certainty. Whoever Allah blinds his heart and seals his hearing and sight, then he will not benefit from being forced to embrace Islam.''

It was reported that the Ansar were the reason behind revealing this Ayah, although its indication is general in meaning. Ibn Jarir recorded that Ibn `Abbas said ﴿that before Islam﴾, "When (an Ansar) woman would not bear children who would live, she would vow that if she gives birth to a child who remains alive, she would raise him as a Jew. When Banu An-Nadir (the Jewish tribe) were evacuated ﴿from Al-Madinah﴾, some of the children of the Ansar were being raised among them, and the Ansar said, `We will not abandon our children.' Allah revealed,

﴿لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِى الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ﴾

(There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path.)''

Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i also recorded this Hadith. As for the Hadith that Imam Ahmad recorded, in which Anas said that the Messenger of Allah said to a man,

«أَسْلِم»

قَالَ: إِنِّي أَجِدُنِي كَارِهًا قَالَ:

«وَإِنْ كُنْتَ كَارِهًا»

("Embrace Islam.'' The man said, "I dislike it.'' The Prophet said, "Even if you dislike it.'')

First, this is an authentic Hadith, with only three narrators between Imam Ahmad and the Prophet . However, it is not relevant to the subject under discussion, for the Prophet did not force that man to become Muslim. The Prophet merely invited this man to become Muslim, and he replied that he does not find himself eager to become Muslim. The Prophet said to the man that even though he dislikes embracing Islam, he should still embrace it, `for Allah will grant you sincerity and true intent.'
Old April 7, 2013, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bangla bhai wasn't a local problem...it came and was dealt properly... They didn't have root in this land, if you think Islam=Banglabhai in this country go ahead

I don't really have appetite to argue with these Awami extremist thought, all I can wish that please continue your Naked Dance of Holi thinking that u are all powerful to vanish Islam and let the Mollas do their extremistic Jihad... And I know the result..both will perish... Like BAKSHAL didn't last and like Taliban didn't last...extrEmists will perish... By natural law...

I don't have any sympathy for such rotten minds ....breeding extremism...be it Islamic or the other extreme, Continue...I'll start enjoying even from this thread and if u survive we will meet.... AL isn't that powerful as it was in 74 and neither Jamaat is that powerful a force like Taliban... Continue sir....it will cost my country but what to do...carry on
Renovation of age old education system of quami madrasa which was actually imposed by II Company just to retain Muslims from getting modern scientific education, will vanquish Islam? Bravo. Till now not a single government has done a tiny thing to bring out these cavemen from their concentrated dark mindset by using the light of proper modern education cuz they didn’t have that gut. They always had that feeling that people may take these acts as an action against Islam which is actually true to some extent of course. If anybody takes the mindset of some illiterate Muslims under consideration he will easily get a clear picture behind such evil approach.

As a power loving party BNP & AL has wholeheartedly accepted that and both of them have prevented themselves from taking any groundbreaking decision against these Madrasas and its educational system in order to portrait their artificial Islam love in front of the public just for gaining few extra votes.

Ya, If u fight fire with fire u will have to go home with ash, that’s true but if u make that as an excuse to refrain urself from bringing a bucket of water from the distant river and hope that the fire will stop automatically then that is a problem and will be considered as hypocrisy.

যারে তুমি নিচে ফেল সে তোমাকে বাঁধিবে যে নিচে।
পশ্চাতে রেখেছ যারে সে তোমারে পশ্চাতে টানিছে।
This is the fact. If u don’t want to address the core of the problem and leave them back in order to seek for short-term easy solution u may achieve the temporary solution. But eventually they will come up again & again with different agenda and will drag u back.

Anyway I don’t get any pleasure in arguing with rotten minded BNP-Jamat Fanatics either. And ya, thanks for ur concern. Hopefully we will meet again
Old April 7, 2013, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Now we have 6 different conversations by 10 different people all speaking past each other. A veritable tower of Babel where everyone speaks and no-one listens.

Once again the entropy of yet another thread has reached its peak and all we have here is noise.

Once you start discussing beliefs and tenets - there really is no discussion. Every participants has her/his own biases and beliefs and an internet gabfest is not going to change anyone's mind.

This is an exercise in futility.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Till now not a single government has done a tiny thing to bring out these cavemen from their concentrated dark mindset by using the light of proper modern education cuz they didn’t have that gut.
So you saying anyone who studies/d from kowmi institutions are cavemen? I have seen that word used many times in these thread before but maybe that was meant in general but this context seems directed for all kowmi students. I take personal offense as I have family members in BD who are in madrassah and are studying to be Alim. And no, they are not poor or yatim but rather come from affluent families, and their parents decided to opt in for religious education.

Anyway, I am reporting these labeling to moderators and they will decide what's best.
Old April 7, 2013, 10:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

Anyway, I am reporting these labeling to moderators and they will decide what's best.
How about this?:

"Anyway, I am reporting these labeling to Allah and he will decide what's best."

Yesterday I was watching the news and I saw the Hefajat telling journalist (I am paraphrasing): "Its the duty of the Government to protect us and make sure we are not attacked."

It makes me wonder don't they have any faith in their god to protect them? It they are doing god's work, what are they afraid of?
Old April 7, 2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you saying anyone who studies/d from kowmi institutions are cavemen? I have seen that word used many times in these thread before but maybe that was meant in general but this context seems directed for all kowmi students. I take personal offense as I have family members in BD who are in madrassah and are studying to be Alim. And no, they are not poor or yatim but rather come from affluent families, and their parents decided to opt in for religious education.

Do whatever wish. Suppose u have a close relative who is a bright DU student and he is an active supporter of BSL but usually refrain himself from any mastany and chadabaji. But after seeing the action of BSL in incidents like Bishshojit murder if someone say any derogatory word against BSL organization and if u take offense from that by considering that ur honest brilliant relative who is with bsl also and thus any offensive word against bsl is applicable for ur relatives too and come up with such analogy then I have nothing to say. May be next time when I will bash traffic police organization perhaps some other member will smell offense in that because his distant relative used to be a honest traffic police officer. LOL
Old April 7, 2013, 11:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Now we have 6 different conversations by 10 different people all speaking past each other. A veritable tower of Babel where everyone speaks and no-one listens.

Once again the entropy of yet another thread has reached its peak and all we have here is noise.

Once you start discussing beliefs and tenets - there really is no discussion. Every participants has her/his own biases and beliefs and an internet gabfest is not going to change anyone's mind.

This is an exercise in futility.
Just another example proving the maxim "the more we differ, the more we really are the same". Hefajotis attempting to shove radical Islamism down everyone's throats and extreme left-leaners trying to ram radical secularism as the remedy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 7, 2013, 11:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina rejects blasphemy law

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22058462
Old April 7, 2013, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Dont worry; there was a mindset, which has been increasingly disappearing, that anyone following Islam more than the average person is backwards.
Hence the subtle and not too subtle mocking of a young man with a Sunnah beard or a girl wearing Niqab, or a guy wearing trousers above his ankles. Yours truly has been guilty of automatically assuming such a person to be unsmart or "lemon-dish" if you will

The only positive thing you may take out of all this is that this mindset has become less prevalent, and it is easier for such people to adjust than it was in the 70s.
Old April 7, 2013, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Bhai, eta amader e 'Bangladesh'. Pakistan er proti eto dorod thakle oder bolen 'pakistan' e jete. Kintu sheta to korbe na. 'Afganistan', 'Pakistan' er por eder nojor ekhon 'Bangladesh' er upor !
Asking someone wanting Islamic laws to move to Pakistan makes as much sense as asking someone wanting secularism to move to India.
There has always been a sizeable minority in Bangladesh asking for Shariah, yet we are no closer to having Islamic laws than we were in 1972. So let them ask for it, as it wont change the status quo, but dont forget that it is their right as well to ask for it.

Beating female journalists is wrong, and so is beating old men for supporting HEI.
Old April 8, 2013, 12:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
So let them ask for it, as it wont change the status quo, but dont forget that it is their right as well to ask for it.
If Muslims have a right to ask for shariah and secularists have a right to ask for mosque/state seperation, how is it possible for the Constitution to accomodate both sets of citizens? What if Hindus want to live under Vedic law or Christians under Biblical law?

#OneTeam1Dream
Closed Thread