facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
While everyone is so wrapped up in expectation and speculations I think its important to try to see the ICL side of things.

ICL is a business who were the first to put in place the city based franchise for cricket only to have it replicated by BCCI in the form of IPL. They made attempts to and went through the proper channels to get officially recognized but were prevented from it due to politics. Now if ICL goes legal and wins, all this talk about amnesty and players being able to return or not may become moot.

From a financial perspective, to me it seems like ICL is cutting the non performers who may have been inked to large amounts because of their name recognition. I think Bashar is one of them. Since the Warriors proved themselves to be a hit for ICL I don't see ICL releasing SN, AA, AK, Nazim, Rafique etc. if they wish to continue on with future tournament.

ICL's two attention grabbers from last season were LB and DW. I am sure if the PAK situation didn't arise where they were not allowed to travel to India, ICL for March 09 would have taken place.

As I've said in the past these are PROFESSIONAL athletes. If their talent is needed to make the national team better I believe they should be given that shot once the dust settles with the legal mambo jumbo. For the comments made by some of the guys, if BCB feels they are uncalled for, they can demand a public apology prior to reinstatement. You can't really fine them since they weren't contracted with BCB at the time.

I for one will not spend too much timing wondering 'what if' as there is too much to this situation than just a simple 'I wanna quit ICL and come back to the national team'. As long as a DW side exists I will support them as I do with the BD national team. If they cease to exist and their talent improve our national team I will greet them with open arms. If they play the APL as premium BD, I will support them there as well.
Great post

Old May 22, 2009, 01:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Moyna,Mash,Mushi,Tami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
While everyone is so wrapped up in expectation and speculations I think its important to try to see the ICL side of things.

ICL is a business who were the first to put in place the city based franchise for cricket only to have it replicated by BCCI in the form of IPL. They made attempts to and went through the proper channels to get officially recognized but were prevented from it due to politics. Now if ICL goes legal and wins, all this talk about amnesty and players being able to return or not may become moot.

From a financial perspective, to me it seems like ICL is cutting the non performers who may have been inked to large amounts because of their name recognition. I think Bashar is one of them. Since the Warriors proved themselves to be a hit for ICL I don't see ICL releasing SN, AA, AK, Nazim, Rafique etc. if they wish to continue on with future tournament.

ICL's two attention grabbers from last season were LB and DW. I am sure if the PAK situation didn't arise where they were not allowed to travel to India, ICL for March 09 would have taken place.

As I've said in the past these are PROFESSIONAL athletes. If their talent is needed to make the national team better I believe they should be given that shot once the dust settles with the legal mambo jumbo. For the comments made by some of the guys, if BCB feels they are uncalled for, they can demand a public apology prior to reinstatement. You can't really fine them since they weren't contracted with BCB at the time.

I for one will not spend too much timing wondering 'what if' as there is too much to this situation than just a simple 'I wanna quit ICL and come back to the national team'. As long as a DW side exists I will support them as I do with the BD national team. If they cease to exist and their talent improve our national team I will greet them with open arms. If they play the APL as premium BD, I will support them there as well.
Defies the argument for me to be honest. Most of us don't like these guys anymore because they self-resigned from the national team.. not because they went to DW or ICL or anything.. heck I would have come to the streets in their support if they properly informed the BCB that they want to play in the ICL and then were banned.. But the comments thrown around at the time by Nafees and Dhiman in particular- just makes me lose respect for them.. Now that Bashar bhai has withdrawn his resignation letter, he has regained the respect he deserves as the highest run-scorer in test cricket for Bangladesh and one of the finest batsman our country has produced so far..
Old May 23, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

A very good article about Bashar (and his motives) in DS:
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=89583
Old May 23, 2009, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Old May 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

good article
Old May 23, 2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Habibul Bashar- opportunist
Old May 23, 2009, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Loved the last paragraph of that article.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

lmao.. great.. exactly correct!!
Old May 24, 2009, 03:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Lovely article! And a really great read!
Old May 24, 2009, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

golam mahbud is the shittest player i have seen in my entire life
Old May 24, 2009, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Post of the year.
Seven months to go and you found it alright.
Old May 24, 2009, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
golam mahbud is the shittest player i have seen in my entire life
What did he do? Joined ICL??