facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2017, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

SL's high in winning test series is met with a low 5-0 thrashing.

Old October 23, 2017, 10:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

SL's next tour is in IND. Nov 16 - Dec 24. Almost six weeks tour.

3 Tests. Kolkata, Nagpur, Delhi.
3 ODIs. Dharamshala, Chandigar, Visakhapatnam.
3 T20s. Cuttack, Indore, Mumbai.
Old October 23, 2017, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
SL's next tour is in IND. Nov - Dec 2017.

3 Tests. Kolkata, Nagpur, Delhi.
3 ODIs. Dharamshala, Chandigar, Visakhapatnam.
3 T20s. Cuttack, Indore, Mumbai.
What? We love our brothers from the island

BTW aren't they supposed to visit BD as well in sometime ?
Old October 23, 2017, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Dw we will bring Lanka back to form
Old October 23, 2017, 11:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic but India is not the only big team. If their bowlers perform consistently against Eng, Aus, SA, NZ then their records will speak volume of their class and ability, don't think they will be needing any validation from an Indian then. Beating SL at home is not exactly something great, it is expected of them, but if you ask me I think at this point they will have to bring in their A game to beat BD in UAE/Sub-continental condition, SL getting owned in UAE or BD getting thrashed in SA don't exactly tell the complete story, I think BD and Pak is more evenly matched in Asian condition than many would acknowledge. Call me arrogant but that CT final was a fluke, India will beat Pak 8 out of 10 times anywhere in the world.

Yes I have seen Siraj, looks promising, I am eagerly waiting for his debut as well. Bhuvi is a punching bag in flat pitches against better batsmen and Bumrah is not that good with the new ball, Shami is injury prone and Umesh leaks runs, we desperately need a decent strike bowler for ODIs.
Not sarcastic at all. Now SA, and bd for that matter, winning at home doesn't say anything. That's a great word of wisdom ( I know I have added Bangladesh here, but thats the point).

Haven't seen Siraj yet, but I have seen India has produced more quality pacers in last three decades after Kapil. Still remember few, abe kuruvilla, that pacer turned soap opera hero, balvinder shing(sorry if I spelled it incorrectly), and to the recent ones. I think Siraj should be drafted in to pro side against NZ.

Last thing when NZ became the better side, was it because they win just one odi in India? Silly question I know, you guys know better than me. Khomaprathi (I get that you understand Bangla) if I hurt someone.
Old October 23, 2017, 11:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

That hero pacer was Salil ankola.
Old October 23, 2017, 11:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sorry, probably kuruvilla, balbinder, ankola et el are way before your time. But, as T_E bhai will endorse, I am too old to remember those names.
Old October 23, 2017, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

@Exotic I get that you have planned to be sarcastic today and you are doing it quite well, I most certainly don't mind a bit of mockery coming my way. The likes of Kuruvilla and Ankola won't be considered quality even in a parallel universe. India does not have a great fast bowling history or culture, but things are changing finally and I am quite hopeful of our current pace attack. Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Umesh may not be world beaters yet but more than decent and the domestic pace bowling scene is quite better than the past decades.

NZ has been a quality ODI side for a long time now. Can defeat any team any day on any surface. They did reasonably well in England not so long ago, defeated Pak in UAE and at home they have always been a fine side. They are known for punching above their weight that makes them a formidable team in any format. They have a brilliant overall record in world cups and ICC trophies, even better than SA and Eng. NZ is most definitely a better ODI side than Pak and the ranking proves that too, however quality wise there is not much difference between the top 5 teams SA, Ind, Eng, Aus and NZ atm.
Old October 23, 2017, 12:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
@Exotic I get that you have planned to be sarcastic today and you are doing it quite well, I most certainly don't mind a bit of mockery coming my way. The likes of Kuruvilla and Ankola won't be considered quality even in a parallel universe. India does not have a great fast bowling history or culture, but things are changing finally and I am quite hopeful of our current pace attack. Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Umesh may not be world beaters yet but more than decent and the domestic pace bowling scene is quite better than the past decades.

NZ has been a quality ODI side for a long time now. Can defeat any team any day on any surface. They did reasonably well in England not so long ago, defeated Pak in UAE and at home they have always been a fine side. They are known for punching above their weight that makes them a formidable team in any format. They have a brilliant overall record in world cups and ICC trophies, even better than SA and Eng. NZ is most definitely a better ODI side than Pak and the ranking proves that too, however quality wise there is not much difference between the top 5 teams SA, Ind, Eng, Aus and NZ atm.
Roy_1, you are a very good guy, I know from your past posts. I don't even know why I quoted you in first place. Nothing personal. Chill
Old October 23, 2017, 07:54 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

very mature post from you Roy, you didn't go after the guy who went after you, I like what I see
Old October 23, 2017, 11:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic
Not sarcastic at all. Now SA, and bd for that matter, winning at home doesn't say anything. That's a great word of wisdom ( I know I have added Bangladesh here, but thats the point).
Wining at home is extremely importan, but the importance of that victory depends on the quality of the opposition. Winning against this pathetic srilankan team in LOIS means absolutely nothing. But if Pakistan can somehow perform in similar fashion against teams like Australia, England and south africa it can be said with certainty that they have improved as a team in limited overs cricket.

Quote:
Haven't seen Siraj yet, but I have seen India has produced more quality pacers in last three decades after Kapil. Still remember few, abe kuruvilla, that pacer turned soap opera hero, balvinder shing(sorry if I spelled it incorrectly), and to the recent ones. I think Siraj should be drafted in to pro side against NZ.
No doubt that, India has produced some world class pacers after kapil dev(who was arguably the greatest allrounder of all time). But sadly those pacers never played for the same team which is why they never achieved their full potential.

J. Sreenath, Z.khan, A agarker all of them were world class bowlers. But what makes the current Indian pace attack better than past is their ability to bowl as a unit. Even though bowlers like shami, bhuvi and yadav r individually inferior to bowlers like agarkar, sreenath and Zak but they r better as a unit. If Zak had had a partner of M.shami's caliber in tests he would've become one of the greatest of all time.

Quote:
Last thing when NZ became the better side, was it because they win just one odi in India? Silly question I know, you guys know better than me. Khomaprathi (I get that you understand Bangla) if I hurt someone.
I hope u follow cricket regularly, right dude? NZ have always been a great cricket team especially in limited overs cricket. They r currently the no 1 t20 team and no 4 odi team and the difference between their ranking points and the ranking points of the no 2 odi team is just 1. So u can almost say that currently they r easily the 2nd best team in limited overs cricket right after India.

The series that's currently going on between India and NZ can be considered as a series between two of the world's best limited overs team, a clash of titans. The way u r trying to downgrade NZ as a team is quite silly
Old October 24, 2017, 03:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

J. Sreenath, Z.khan, A agarker all of them were world class bowlers....)
Arguments end there. And I am like your uncle not dude.
Old October 24, 2017, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Eclipse why did you miss out on Sreesanth, Debashis Mohanty and Balaji?
Old October 24, 2017, 04:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Arguments end there. And I am like your uncle not dude.
Finally u've seen the light...... Wow. I'm feeling really happy for u, uncle
Old October 24, 2017, 04:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Eclipse why did you miss out on Sreesanth, Debashis Mohanty and Balaji?
Sreesanth and ishant had huge potential. Both of them started with a bang in south africa and Australia respectively. Sreesanth bowled beautifully I'm his maiden tour of south africa, similarly ishant was unbelievably good in Australia.

But sadly none of them had a functioning brain.
Old October 24, 2017, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Zaheer Khan was quite unplayable at times
Old October 24, 2017, 05:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Finally u've seen the light...... Wow. I'm feeling really happy for u, uncle

Sorry for late reply vatija/Vaigna (which ever you prefer). And I am also happy that I made you happy. But you should be more proud of yourself that you made someone happy, it's not like most of us make others happy on a regular basis.

Now you asked me about whether I follow cricket regularly. I can tell you some story about my cricket following (I used to love those story when my mama, the person I love most, used to tell his story when I was young). I have been to cricket matches in Dhaka, sporadically during the 80s. And was a regular spectator of Dhaka premier league in early 90s. There were days when there were not more than 10 people in the gallery. One chinabadam bikreta bhai, one cigarette bikreta bhai, one dim polao bikreta bhai, may be two of them each, then one of my regular cricket watching friend, me and some of my irregular cricket watching/non watching friends. Back then we didn't even think we will play test matches one day. My comment about NZ was out of jest, I think you are too young to get that. I have respect for all the nations that play at highest level, because I have played some at very lower level, so I can only imagine how much skill/talent/hard work needs to get there. So don't accuse me of whether I am showing disrespect to any team. I know you haven't accuse me of that, but your tone gave it away. And yes with age, family, kids and mostly so much of T20 (seriously international players, best of the best playing 20 over match, we didn't even played that in primary school) crap going around I am not following cricket anymore, the way I used to.

Now as a mama or chachhu (I don't mind any) as you were asking whether I follow cricket, I would like to think you really follow cricket religiously. Can you tell me a bangladesh XI consists of cricket players from before our test era. OK I think that would be bit tricky for you. But as you are an avid supporter/follower of great India team (don't deny, in every other post of yours is about how great Indian team is) can you name their best XI for each decade they have played test matches. To make it easy they played their first test match in 1932. And they had two very good medium pacers back then.

I am not Actually expecting any reply from you. And I think this is Sl vs Pak match thread, wth I am doing here. Have a good day/night/life.
Old October 24, 2017, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Lol. What a reply. Telling you, reading your words temporarily took me back to Abahani and Dhanmondi grounds-back to those days.
Old October 25, 2017, 03:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Lol. What a reply. Telling you, reading your words temporarily took me back to Abahani and Dhanmondi grounds-back to those days.
Yeah those were very innocent days of our cricket. I remember Abahani-Mohammedan match was big crowd puller. Biman, brothers union, always had strong team. Azad boys, young pegasas in the 80s were strong. In 90s GMCC managed to make very strong team for couple of years. Victoria was decent. Still remember raqibul and sajid went out to open for Victoria in the year of 1993/94. Yeah so many memories, all precious. I used to go to Dhaka stadium mostly, but from time to time would go to abahani maath. I am a mohammedan supporter, and they use to play in Dhaka stadium mostly.
Old October 25, 2017, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

And those days our NT would play mostly the A Teams of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

I think two consecutive years they held a 4 nation meet with BD, India A, Pakistan A, Sri Lanka A. Bangladesh did manage to beat India and Sri Lanka in one of those competitions, and fans were over the moon.

Also remember an instance where a full strength Pakistan team came to play against Bangladesh in a one off match with Waqar, Wasim etc at their prime. Faruque was our captain back then.

Regarding club cricket, i remember Abahani used to bring down Neil Fairbrother for one or two games. He used to be excellent

We really have come a long way since then. But i dont think our friend above knows any of that.
Old October 25, 2017, 06:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
And those days our NT would play mostly the A Teams of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

I think two consecutive years they held a 4 nation meet with BD, India A, Pakistan A, Sri Lanka A. Bangladesh did manage to beat India and Sri Lanka in one of those competitions, and fans were over the moon.

Also remember an instance where a full strength Pakistan team came to play against Bangladesh in a one off match with Waqar, Wasim etc at their prime. Faruque was our captain back then.

Regarding club cricket, i remember Abahani used to bring down Neil Fairbrother for one or two games. He used to be excellent

We really have come a long way since then. But i dont think our friend above knows any of that.
Sadly last line is so true. You make me nostalgic with your post. Yes those A team tourney I remember. And if I am not wrong, we almost beat pak A as well, was it by one run we lost that. Remember those teams from India (Hydrabad blues), Pakistan (umar qureishi XI), England (MCC) visiting us. One of those matches, when roger biny was red hot after india's WC win in 1983 came to BD, late afternoon, BD started the innings with Yousuf Babu opening, and he smashed him for 4/5 boundaries in first over. Was listening on radio. That was amazing. Nehal hasnain and Nazim Shirazi opening for us. Raqibul Hasan playing those ketabi dhonge forward defensive. Lipu playing lipuscooop way before Dilshan in the late 80's. Badshah getting 3 for 16(or something like that) against Pakistan playing for rest of the world, must in the mid 80s. Abahani had fairbrother and illingworth. They also had wasim akram in 90s. Mohammedan having ranatunga and whole srilankan pacers. Had Sanjeev Sharma. Abahani having samarasekera in 90s, devastating batsman. Yeah so many memories, good memories.
Old October 26, 2017, 11:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Pakistan busy taking care of SL

66/6
Old October 26, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Are they gonna reach 100?
Old October 26, 2017, 12:35 PM
Cricket Savant