facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 12, 2009, 09:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
haha fair enough.
Rommel chickening out from an argument just as usual.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old October 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Rommel chickening out from an argument just as usual.
I have nice guy syndrome.
Old October 12, 2009, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I have nice guy syndrome.
Autopwnd.

Old October 12, 2009, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The WIldcat is what it is hard to stop the WIldcat when theres 10 men on the Oline, INdy couldn't stop em.

Same Ole Jets ... Gotta get em Next week. Cotchery gets healthy next week going to have to get healthy on Buffalo and than Beat the crap out of the fins the following week.

Braylon looks great, get Jericho Healthy were gonna make a push for the Division Title. AFC is tight, Jets/Pats/Fins ... Bengals/Steelers/Ravens ... Broncos/Chargers ... Indy to the playoffs

I'm angry we have to host them in October too, Normally Miami comes up to NE and NY and Buff when it's cold!

Saints/Giants will be a good one, Eli Keeping up with Peyton This year, the yardage diffrence between the 2 is cause of the few quarters Eli has missed.

Got a good chance at MVP
Old October 13, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am actually mesmerized by this Wild Cat that Miami runs. I think you need the right players to run it effectively, which they do, especially Ronnie Brown. He is such a terrific back. Throw in Rickey Williams, Pat White and you have something special. It is clearly not a fad with the Dolphins but a bread and butter part of their offense. Chad Henne's stronger arm ( Compared to Pennigton ) makes it even tougher for other teams to defend the Wild Cat. It was good game to watch, even though I was switching back and forth between the Pens-Sens game and the MNF. Kris Jenkins is a MAN. phew..what a load of humanity. As I said earlier, Braylon Edwards will only imporve the Jets, though he drops too many balls for a #1 WR.

Rommel : If anything, the Pats defense is actually a lot younger. Gone are Seymour, Seau, Vrabel, Harrison, Bruschi- the core players of that defense. They are not old at all. Offense has a few players that are a bit long in the tooth ( every team has thsoe ), but overall this Pats team actually got younger a lot this season. As long as Tom Brady is around, you count them out at your own peril.

My Champion Steelers are a very quiet 3-2. They usually are in early part of the season. But, as November approaches, we will wake up, as we do every year. I like us being under the radar, in the middle of the pack, as no trophies are handed out in October. Big Ben is in top three of every qb stat category, yet he is never mentioned among the elite despite having more superbowls sans Brady. We like it.
Old October 13, 2009, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Beamer: I was very curious to know your thoughts on Bill Walsh and his creation of the west coast offense.

Old October 13, 2009, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Beamer: I was very curious to know your thoughts on Bill Walsh and his creation of the west coast offense.
Walsh is a legend. Al Davis had some influence on him. Yes, the dreadful Raider's owner. But Walsh wouldn't be Walsh without Joe. The coaching tree he left keeps growing.

Walsh = Jerry West.
Old October 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Wild cat offense always existed but in College and high school. It is another way of keeping defense honest. Very recently it came in to lime light with McFaden and Jones, named Wild hog. The execution was looked after by Gus Malzhan who is now at Auburn. Both time McFadan became Heisman runnerup. Versatile running back (play makers) taking snaps allows them to have the ball in their hands early and make decisions on what to do. They can do run up the gut, reverse, or fake running and throw to the tightend or even wide receivers. It is not an option play which can be easily countered by the speedy backs in NFL.

I like it. Different from tradition of course.
Old October 13, 2009, 08:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks. Ei threader amar gopaler shakhi chara aar kichui na... :-)

Old October 13, 2009, 08:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
It is a quick, three step drop, rhythm passing offense. You need a good to great QB to run it. RB's in that offense has to be versatile, almost as important as the QB, and he needs to both run, block and catch will equal ease. Bill Walsh and Joe Montana obviously perfected it, and Walsh's desciples ran it every where they coached, namely Holmgren in Green Bay and Seattle ( with Favre and Hasselbeck ), Andy Reid in Philadelphia ( with McNabb ). It is not my favorite system. It doesn't work as well in the frigid weather of North East and Central US, where most of the teams are. Its way too pass happy. Short passes substitue the conventional running play .It is a bit soft if you ask me. I prefer tough, smash mouth, pound away-play action, ball control, but big play capable QB system. It is the Steeler way. I am biased, but when you have all those trophies, its hard to not admire and prefer our way ( or other teams that are simmilar ) than say a system like the West Coast. Its my opinion. I would never want my team to run it. If done properly, it can yield a lot of points, but running it is not easy.
Old October 13, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks a lot B-vaya. For other newbies like me:

Old October 14, 2009, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Beamer the Steeler way is dead, it's gonna be 7 step drop passes with Ben for the next 10 years, The steelers offense right now is what the Raiders have been running for past 40 years.

Speaking of the Raiders ... the less said of them the better.

Also the Patriots are going to have the #1 pick in the draft because of how Stupid Al Davis is now (He once was a smart man).
Old October 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Prudent observation cricman. To a certain extent, you are right. But, what I meant by the Steeler way, and I wasn't too clear on it, is to remain physical on both sides of the ball. Yes, there are a lot more passing plays in the Offense, a lot more vertical plays, simply because of the presence of a big armed QB. But, our WR's still block like no other in NFL, and TE's block first before they think about catching. Whether by running or by passing, the Steelers still play ball control ( or has the intent ) which is evident by constantly running more plays and winning the time of possession than their opponents. Defense always play physical. Those are constants. I agree with you once again, however, it is not dead, but the mode of operation has changed, but the goal hasn't. We also run the shot gun a lot more frequently to change up the pace.

The Raiders-Patriots nexus over the last few years is just mind numbing. It has always been one way. I sometimes wonder if Al Davis is on the pay roll of Robert Kraft.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

uhh..that injury bug gave us yet another blow. We have lost Aaron Smith for the year. He is simply irreplaceable in our system. He is as stout a 3-4 lineman you will ever see. Our run Defense will suffer for sure now. Polamalu set to come back this week.
Old October 18, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Two good games as I am concerned.

Giants Vs Saints. One will be the leader in NFC and will be crowned (so far) a really very good team and the other will be a good team but one step behind. Saints Head Coach was Giants offensive Coordinator ...plus one my favorite players (Shokey) is now playing for Saints and looking for his own revenge. This is the first real challenge for Gaints to see how good they really are.

The other game is Ravens vs Viking. If the Raven can beat Viking, then they again become a major team (after Colts) in AFC. Plus it will also help Giants in NFC. But if Ravens loose then Raven will have hard time to secure play-off slot and will be a follower not one of the leaders in AFC race.
Old October 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Damn. Pats up 59-0. They must have heard me bagging on them earlier.

Anyways, Falcons got the Bears on Sunday Night football. I think we'll cruise to a victory. Falcons 33 Bears 14.
Old October 18, 2009, 08:49 PM
Cricket Sage

What a bad week. Giants lost as well as Ravens. Atleast Raven had a fightback. Giants was overpowered by Saints's offense. I didn't realized they were that good.

Now is the turning point for giants. Are they going to learn from this type of defeat or go downwards thats to see in next few weeks after bye weeks.

The only good thing is Eagles were also down and they looked terrible against weak team like Raiders.
Old October 18, 2009, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Damn. Pats up 59-0. They must have heard me bagging on them earlier.

Anyways, Falcons got the Bears on Sunday Night football. I think we'll cruise to a victory. Falcons 33 Bears 14.
The single most lopsided game in the league since 1976. History was made today...

Its the equivalent of a team winning an ODI by 250+ runs . Could have been much more too. Belichick wussed out from running up the score like the good ole days...
Old October 19, 2009, 08:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Bubble busting for many I tell you.

Philly,
Giants, Yeah best defense in NFL.
Jets, And we criticize the Boy's. Sanchez is equal to all other recent USC QBs. Over rated.
Ravens, well I can understand they were on the road against Farve.

Some great perfomance by so many QBs this week. Seems like most of defenses (losing end) were playing preventive defense.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I will be back to this thread next year...

BTW finally we have won one...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 19, 2009, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Great week of results. We won and coupled with the Bengals and Ravens loss, things don't seem that gloomy as it did four weeks ago. We are back on top of our div which we always own. Big showdown coming up next week vs Vikings.

Plenty of OT games and upsets if you ask me. Philly losing to Raiders and Jets losing to Bills at home were shockers. Sanchez is going through some difficult times. Its the media ( ESPN specially )that pontificated him way too early before the guy even paid his dues in this league. Welcome to the NFL rookie!

Saints got a defense to go with that Offense. If they can get the home field throughout, which means playing in that dome for every playoffs game, I see no reason why they won't go to the Superbowl. However, if they falter and end up visiting some cold weather cities for playoff games, then its an entirely different ball game for them.

Farhad - didn't see the Pats game. Are you sure he didn't run up the score? You are actually giving him the benefit of the doubt? Titans- what a pathetic bunch. They have given up for sure.
Old October 19, 2009, 11:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Plenty of OT games and upsets if you ask me. Philly losing to Raiders and Jets losing to Bills at home were shockers. Sanchez is going through some difficult times. Its the media ( ESPN specially )that pontificated him way too early before the guy even paid his dues in this league. Welcome to the NFL rookie!
From Boston College Ryan went to Hotlanta and is playing amazing if you tell me. Cold to Hot. Easy transition!!

As for Sanchez, 1) he never played a game below 55. 2) Only one season he started as a QB. Under cooked. That should sum up the hype. Yea!! From Mississippi to Frozen Tunra is a bigger adjustment. That was Farve not Sanchez.
Quote:
Farhad - didn't see the Pats game. Are you sure he didn't run up the score? You are actually giving him the benefit of the doubt? Titans- what a pathetic bunch. They have given up for sure.
I saw. The game was messy!! snowing and sloppy Titans three turnovers in a Quarter ended up with 3 touchdowns in total 5 in 2nd quarter alone. The game was 45-0 at the half. The ABC analyst all were saying they would pull Brady. What does Bichicheck do? Sends Brady to show off Titans in the first drive 3rd quarter. If this is not running up the score then what is? May be padding up Brady's stat, no? He already had 300+ passing before the half.
Old October 19, 2009, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Great week for the boys. All three teams in the east lost
Old October 19, 2009, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Just got it worse for the Jets. Lost Kris Jenkins for the season. Huge blow.
Old October 19, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Something people misunderstand about running up the score is that the winning team shouldnt give up completely. You dont purposely down the ball. That would be worse for the game than running up the score supposedly would. What you do is change the gameplan. Play running plays so the clock keeps ticking instead of passing and risk stopping the clock. Thats what the Patriots did. Not only that, they pulled our starting running backs and gave the ball to our 5th string running back on our roster (!). Our QB for all of the second half (save for one drive) was an undrafted rookie free agent. We went for it repeatedly on fourth and long when we were in field goal range. That might seem contradictory, but its the more "politically correct" thing to do in these games as theres like a 90% chance you turn the ball over on downs (which we did) instead of an easy three points. We didnt challenge some calls that were almost shamelessly meant to save the Titans from embarrassment (the most blatant of which was a safety a blind man could see).

But forget all that. Just look at the score. We had 45 of those points by the end of the first half! And Tenessee actually played worse in the second half...

And yes, the Titans truly are pathetic...