facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 8, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Probably HaBa would not be that bad compared to this bunch. He can also lead to these types of lose. I am totally confused.

Old June 8, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

jai, ekhon bathroom-e gie kichukhon chokher pani feli!
Old June 8, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

He is our number 3 batsman and he consistently fails. Drop him, pick someone else based on performance, and keep a consistent policy: If you perform, you stay in the team; if you don't perform, you get kicked out. Our team will be much much better when that happens. Dol-e jor koira gadha pushle ei dol er kono unnoti hobe na.
Old June 8, 2008, 12:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

There is something very wrong. There is a huge difference between the two Bangladesh team which comes on the field to bowl and bat. During bowling and fielding they look quite spirited even after getting some hammering from the opposition.

During batting they simply look scared. That's what is bothering me. We used to be a exciting team to watch and there were lot of enthusiasm in our batting which is completely missing now.
Old June 8, 2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Ei series ey kuno match i jitmu na amra. Whitewash series for us
Old June 8, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
My point is: Ashraful is on the same level as JO and HB in ODIs and worse than HB in tests. What SR? What strength of opposition? He played the same opponents that JO and HB played. Match winning knocks? How many in 122 ODIs? You can count them in ONE hand.
i'll get the last word, so be prepared for a war of attrition.

if the opponents are the same, then why are the SRs so vastly different? on the order 30-40%.

the match winning innings ash can be counted on one hand, but thats one more hand needed than JO or HB combined. combined! if you didn't read the first 2 times, thats more than those two put together. combined.

Quote:
. You are going to keep a player so he can score a handful of match winning knocks in 122 ODIs and then in the same breath you are going to ask for more from other players? That is THE most ridiculous thing I have ever heard
i am not asking anything of JO or HB, because they are known crap quantities in ODI cricket. i expect nothing from them - only HB had something to offer in tests. key word being HAD.

Quote:
ever heard. If Ashraful is given 122 chances to win five games, give 122 games to TI, give 122 games to AK, give 122 games to SN. I will bet $100 they will each give you five match winning innings too. In fact, SN has already won more than five matches.
SN and kapali are stretches, but even so, fine. i don't have a problem with them or with tamim. i have a problem with JO and HB and their blind supporters.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
So all the times HB scored fifties and Ashraful scored 0s and in single digits, what about that? Ekta duita game bhalo korse, ei jonne mathai tuila nachbo shara jibon? When HB started to fail consistently, he was dropped from the team, and that was the right decision. Ashraful consistently scores poorly, gives two Eids a year, averages in the low 20s in 120+ ODIs but he is still in the team. This is why Bangladesh cricket will go nowhere.
thats not the point, if HB and JO were these ultra ashraful-superior players or even equivalents, they would have produced an innings or two like that. JO has been capped nearly 6 times, and HB actually has more Test and ODI caps than Ash.

5/119 is a greater percentage than 0/122 or 0/60. if you don't believe get out a calculator and crunch some numbers.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Something is really wrong with Ashraful....
I think he is getting mad who has no ghilus, brain and by not getting runs lose all things what he had before( ability to go for runs)
Old June 8, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Wait... Ashraful has single-handedly won us matches and JO+HB never did? Khaise amare. Ei debate er moddhe logic ar statistics er obosthan nai. Eita hoitese Ashraful-priti. It's all about feelings, something females do. I am gonna stay out of this one.
Old June 8, 2008, 12:46 PM

Guys, face the reality ... In JO, HB, KM era ... other than Ash, Aftab they chipped in with 20+ or 30+ runs and few more runs from Rafiq and co. But these days almost none can score beyond 30 or so!! Thats where our problem lies, blaming only Ash or Aftab wont rise our game. But again since Ash & Aftab are most senior in the team hence deserve most of the critisize.
Old June 8, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
There is something very wrong. There is a huge difference between the two Bangladesh team which comes on the field to bowl and bat. During bowling and fielding they look quite spirited even after getting some hammering from the opposition.

During batting they simply look scared. That's what is bothering me. We used to be a exciting team to watch and there were lot of enthusiasm in our batting which is completely missing now.
Very true, during batting ... Siddons input might have something to do.
Old June 8, 2008, 12:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Now Ash haters realize, how important he is. Had this innings been played by anyone else, it would have generated N number of threds in his praise and the next superstar and make him captain etc etc. But Ash has to produce miracles.

We all know, it has to be a crazy innings by Ash that can bring us victory. The boy has sacrificed his career averages in doing that. That's the downside of trying to produce miracles. But we appreciate him little for that. If he was doing like today from the begining his average would have been the best now.

See, there is no criticism for SN the great. Coz he was selfish from day one and bags a few runs against the associates. But no criticism for throwing his wicket making 9 runs of 23 balls. That's the reality.

C'mon Ash, keep up your game. None appreciates your contributions and sacrifices.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Very true, during batting ... Siddons input might have something to do.
100% IMO
Old June 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

BANFAN, I don't think it's the question of hating Ash or not!

I am one of his biggest fans, but I always believe cricket is played according to the situation and you play to win matches. There is no such word "shommanjonok porajoy" in my dictionary and that's why I never liked the selfish innings of Pilot.

SN, Raqibul, Alok and Mushfiq completely failed today. Ash produced a struggling 50 which was painful to watch, but the problem is he lacked the intent. The intent to win match or play according to the situation. He came at position 3, a sensible innings could have done wonders in the mindset of the other batsmen and that's what is expected from a senior and capable batsman like Ash. Instead, he made batting look like one of the most difficult task on the earth and that definitely played some role in the downfall of his mates.

I hope you will get the point.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

i think we may much better ODI cricket when basahr is in the team..i dont know what it is but i guess he's kinda like our lucky mascot

ever since he's been out our odi team has failed miserably!

This whole experience just makes me wonder was WC just an illusion or was it really our true potential.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old June 8, 2008, 01:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Siddons probably told his boys that we stand no chance in this tournament so just do your best. Batting wise that might mean just stay on crease and bat for as long as you can and bowling wise that probably meant going for a wicket every ball instead of bowling disciplined line and length. I was glad to see Ashraful at least score some runs and get his confidence up. Remember Siddons is aiming for very small victories first and this performance by Ashraful has to be considered a win. I think we will win one game in this tournament. I think we had a chance today but Afridi screwed it up for us.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
i think we may much better ODI cricket when basahr is in the team..i dont know what it is but i guess he's kinda like our lucky mascot

ever since he's been out our odi team has failed miserably!

This whole experience just makes me wonder was WC just an illusion or was it really our true potential.
Nah I think it has more to do with the captain not knowing anything and JS being way 2 negative. I mean come on Ashraful captained a star studded Mohammedan team and still couldn't win the title.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I am shocked. Dont know what Siddos is trying to achieve.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I am one of his biggest fans, but I always believe cricket is played according to the situation and you play to win matches. There is no such word "shommanjonok porajoy" in my dictionary and that's why I never liked the selfish innings of Pilot.

SN, Raqibul, Alok and Mushfiq completely failed today. Ash produced a struggling 50 which was painful to watch, but the problem is he lacked the intent. The intent to win match or play according to the situation. He came at position 3, a sensible innings could have done wonders in the mindset of the other batsmen and that's what is expected from a senior and capable batsman like Ash. Instead, he made batting look like one of the most difficult task on the earth and that definitely played some role in the downfall of his mates.

Miraz, I agree with you and I understand that the match is played according to situation. But can't agree that it played any role in others downfall, rathar others downfall might have played a role in making Ash play such innings. That's what is logical to happen.

It was not only Ash rathar the whole team didn't reflect any desire to win. Why blame Ash for that? That definitely demands some investigation to understand. But at the moment if we have a look at the available facts:

If he can tell the nation through press that, one who thinks of winning knows nothing of cricket, how much you expect him to preach it within the team? I feel that JS has almost killed the desire to win.

What role Ash was given by the coach needs to be clear as well. If he didnt follow the coaches instruction, he wouldn't have the guts to say in the post match briefing, 'We batted well but One of the opener should have carried on'.

I won't blame Ash at all, because he has done something he doesn't like to do and beyond his basic instinct or nature. That's more painstaking, not a pleasure for anyone. Will anyone do it if he is not under trimendous pressure and helpless? Ash is not one of them for sure.

The inside team situation, IMHO has reached to a stage of investigation. We all manage different types of teams and have some sense to understand by the indicators, when the team is sick.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Guys dont waste ur brain powers by analyzing our golden players.
Old June 8, 2008, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

yup, didnt feel like spending time on today's match (thread)....

but just realised one thing, all these time ppl have been saying we have the talent/potential and its just the mentality/approach/vision that we are lacking...

I seriously doubt our talent/potential after watching today's game (batting ofcourse)... some of them are totally inept and clueless in the international arena...

My only consolation now is to accept the fact that, this is how ALLAH made us and there is nothing we can do about it.... period...
Old June 8, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
Guys dont waste ur brain powers by analyzing our golden players.
Hey man, the more you use it, more it increases.

Well, joking Bro, I k what u mean.
Old June 8, 2008, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful was under lots of pressure for poor batting form, so I can't blame him for being selfish today. Plus JS has brainwashed the players not to think about win.
Old June 8, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:

spot on...... hmm cricket emon khela jekhane diffensive khlle out howar chance thake, aggressive khelle out howar chance thake, attacking khelleo out howar chance thake, batsmander uchit situation bujhe khela chalaia jawa.....wicket porse poruk, build yor innings and partnership, look for bad balls and smash hit, take singles when there is a good length ball...in that case ash failed it completely, neither he looked for taking 1-2 runs per ball, neither he looked for boundaries......
Old June 8, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
spot on...... hmm cricket emon khela jekhane diffensive khlle out howar chance thake, aggressive khelle out howar chance thake, attacking khelleo out howar chance thake, batsmander uchit situation bujhe khela chalaia jawa.....wicket porse poruk, build yor innings and partnership, look for bad balls and smash hit, take singles when there is a good length ball...in that case ash failed it completely, neither he looked for taking 1-2 runs per ball, neither he looked for boundaries......
I don't know what match you were watching, he started off slow 10 off 30, took it up to 40 of 60, than the collapse were 8 down and he plays out the overs, IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET BAD BALLS ARE VERY RARE, in 93 balls he played 70 shots with the intent to score runs, Pakistan scouted him very well, everytime he drove the ball it was straight to a fielder, their fielding was top notch. The only way he could get a boundary was Via the air, hence only 3 boundaries all of which came through the air. Don't say Ash was playing test cricket on purpose, there were 8 other players who play far worse