facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

well I simply don't know but why is such a tour not mentioned in the FTP ? when all tours are organised on a reciprocal basis ?

you will probably not like what I think is the possible answer.

the one point we need to remember, when a big team tours another country, it is the touring team that is doing a favour to the hosts. because the host gets to keep the money for TV rights and its affliated stadiums get some neat gate money. so for example, when Aus tours Ind, CA is doing a favour to BCCI.
if the team is one of the 3, Ind Aus or Eng, especially Ind, it means a windfall for the host board. so it is quite possible that it is the BCB that wants India tours without wanting to bother BCCI about a BD tour, which is financially loss-making for the subordinate regional boards of BCCI, which depend on gate-money. this is also the reason why australia scheduled BD tests in obscure 2nd rate venues like darwin.

if it is as you think it is, that BCCI is not hosting BD out of sheer spite and hate, BCB would probably have complained about it. have they ? (I don't know) if they have, it means you are correct, if not, it means the current situation is with BCB's understanding.

P.S I'll give you another hint, count the number of times Ind has toured BD and then compare with the other profit generating teams(Aus and Eng) have visited or hosted BD.
India : 2000-2001, 2003-2004, 2007, 2009-2010 (4) Hosted : 0
Aus : 2005-2006 (1) Hosted : 2003-2004(1)
Eng : 2003-2004, 2009-2010(2) Hosted : 2005, 2010 (2)

I would strongly suggest that at BCB's request BCCI has changed the India tours to tours by India, since that helps fill up BCB's coffers. clearly, there were two BD tours and two Ind tours originally thought of but then both were converted to BD tours. it all adds up perfectly.
BCCI has done that once in the past, when the WICB was in a financial crisis, BCCI organised a tour to WI and helped generate some cash for WICB by way of TV rights.

Last edited by Neel Here; June 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM..

Old June 7, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

where is zimfan?

this can only be good for cricket. and for BD. no more one-sided contests that do little good for developing our talent. no more non-chalance when we win.

that being said, we've beaten this same zim team quite recently by comfortable 8-2 margin, and the only addition to that team is craig ervine.

will be good to get a good look at him.

zimbabwe is gelling at the right time, and will be the same banana skin at the world cup that we were in 2007.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
well, all ha ha apart, it was the anger from supporters that finally got the team from also-rans to winners. think about it.

p.s. I don't support the behaviour at the ground though.

tiger, you find arrogance in everything BCCI does or does not.
I don't run BCCI, so I have no way to know why BD hasn't played in India yet.

check the FTP from ICC, http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/...419593_125.pdf
I didn't find any mention of Ind hosting BD, so may be there was no slot available for Ind to host BD ?
oh please after all these years they could not find 1 slot 2 have BD play in India? That is such bs..so everyone can find slots 2 invite BD but India does not? Think whatever Neel Here but this is just plain arrogancy by BCCI in my eyes..I know you are an India fan so you don't wanna believe that they are being arrogant but I don't think there is another explanation..
Old June 7, 2010, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Think whatever Neel Here but this is just plain arrogancy by BCCI in my eyes..I know you are an India fan so you don't wanna believe that they are being arrogant but I don't think there is another explanation..
exactly, whatever I say, you have already made up your mind.
did you read my last post ? I didn't make those points earlier because many Bangladeshis get into a frenzy of disbelief every time they hear India helped them in any way and I wanted to avoid a fight.
ask anyone from BCB who knows the nitty gritties of cricket funding, he will explain to you how touring BD (as many as four times) instead of asking BD to tour is a big favour to BCB rather than being arrogance or whateveritis you want to believe.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
touring BD (as many as four times) instead of asking BD to tour is a big favour to BCB
Quote of the month.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Zim is on a roll.... great to see...

our battle with Zim starts from scratch again....
Old June 7, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

now that you have made your customary sarcastic post, would you please care to post a logical rejoinder if you can, to my points, minus personal attacks and flames about myself or my nationality ?

a tour by a big team is a favour because of TV rights or do you disagree ?
Old June 7, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

What will Jamie Siddons say after losing to Srilanka in Asia Cup?

We are way better than this Zimbabwe team but still we can't beat Srilanka.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

well done ZIM!
Old June 7, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Welldone Zimbabwe! Take a bow!!!
Old June 7, 2010, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The final game is on the 9th. Will Zimbabwe win it or will they fold for 110? Oh the anticipation is killing me!
Old June 7, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The final game is on the 9th. Will Zimbabwe win it or will they fold for 110? Oh the anticipation is killing me!
even if they lose they have announced their return to int'l cricket with a
series of lionish roars !
if they win........
Old June 7, 2010, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Taylor can become another Grant Flower of Zimbabwe in the long run; although I think the Lankans are favorite to win the rubber.
Old June 7, 2010, 03:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Well done ZIM, you've managed to do what our cricketers/fishermans can never dream of doing beating two of the top teams in 3 of the 4 matches. Unbelievable stuff.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
a tour by a big team is a favour because of TV rights or do you disagree ?
lets just say you are right. so why doesn't BCB tell ECB and CA to stop scheduling us to tour their country, instead they can all just visit Bangladesh and we can make money. right? why is India the only exception to your theory? I mean Eng and Aus are big teams right? When they tour Bangladesh BCB makes a whole lot of money. so why doesn't BCB just tell them you guys only come here and play because we make more money that way. why is this only applicable for India and not other teams?

And please don't BS about Aus hosting us in Darwin. At least Aus did host us right? I mean that's what we are talking about here right?

Baundele bhai I guess i'm not officially off the case. Neel Here is really pissing me with his BS theories.
Old June 7, 2010, 08:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Wow .. Well done Zimbabwe once again. 1 win is a fluke, 2 win is a sign of consistency, 3 wins in a row is just pure class!! Are they ahead of us yet in points? Hope they do, they deserve to be ahead of us. We are just utter rubbish.. a team of nothing but some no-good brainless fools (minus Tamim)!!
Old June 7, 2010, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Neel Here vai has a tendency to defend everything about India. He seems like me who trusts his country to much. He even defended Modi:-)

Last edited by _Rafi_; June 8, 2010 at 01:06 AM..
Old June 7, 2010, 10:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Indians should leave this board gracefully unless things will only get bitter
Old June 8, 2010, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Well Done Zimbabwe. Khali test status nie lafailei hobe na, good planning, improving the cricket structure is important. Amader test status ashche ekta political agenda die, and Zim test khela bad disilo nijeder proper judgment kore. Result: amra lafachi and they are winning.
Old June 8, 2010, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
Indians should leave this board gracefully unless things will only get bitter
look here fellow, you do not own this board. as far as I know about the owners and moderators, I've as much right to be on this board as you too. I will leave if they ask me to leave, not because you are not comfortable with me questioning your deeply held convictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Neel Here vai has a tendency to defend everything about India. He seems like me who trusts his country to much. He even defended Modi:-)
defended modi ? are you imagining things bhai ? I support the IPL because it creates opportunities for young cricketers from poor backgrounds to earn some money. I don't care much for its cricket. and why would I defend modi and against what ? where have I done that ?
Old June 8, 2010, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
lets just say you are right.

let's not pretend it is something I'm saying for the heck of it. that's intellectual dishonesty. OTOH if you are not aware of it then you have no business discussing this issue in the first place.
the revenue from India is MANY times that from Aus or Eng. India contributes 75-80% of ICC's total revenue. one example. http://contentsutra.com/article/419-...n-star-sports/ who were the title sponsors when Aus or Eng toured ? how many ground hoardings at dhaka stadium were from Aus and Eng ? compare with when India toured. check the zimbabwe tour, who are the title sponsors. what % of ground adverts are from India ? an India tour probably generates as much 4-5 times the revenue for BCB than when Eng or Aus tours.

Quote:
so why doesn't BCB tell ECB and CA to stop scheduling us to tour their country, instead they can all just visit Bangladesh and we can make money. right? why is India the only exception to your theory? I mean Eng and Aus are big teams right? When they tour Bangladesh BCB makes a whole lot of money. so why doesn't BCB just tell them you guys only come here and play because we make more money that way. why is this only applicable for India and not other teams?
there can be a multitude of reasons,
a) ECB and CA don't care about generating revenue for BCB. they don't have an understanding with BCB as BCCI does.
b) BCB thinks touring in Aus and Eng is much more important from cricketing viewpoint than touring in India, where conditions are more or less similar to BD
c) Eng and Aus are big(revenue-wise) compared to the other cricket playing nations, not Ind. combined, they are worth less than a fourth of Ind.

I make this point again, if it is true, as you allege that BCCI is unfairly not asking BD to tour while touring BD more times than any other major nation, then we would have had BCB complaining about it to the press and ICC. have they ?
find those complaints and I'll admit I was wrong and you were correct.

Quote:
And please don't BS about Aus hosting us in Darwin. At least Aus did host us right? I mean that's what we are talking about here right?
so why doesn't CA host SA or Eng at darwin ? why only BD and SL ?
mind you, I made the point to illustrate that it is loss making to host smaller teams at a big ground, because then CA or the ground authorities have to pay the city police for security, city administration for electricity etc. if the ticket sales do not cover this expenditure then the ground makes a loss. that's why they chose a ground like darwin where costs would be lower.

Quote:
Neel Here is really pissing me with his BS theories.
that's because my comments(not theories) are disturbing your cosy little worldview about who is evil and who is good.
what you are experiencing is called cognitive dissonance. google it.
Old June 8, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

how naive are you?? you really expect BCB to complain against the mighty BCCI to who?? ICC lmao. remember what ranatunga did and then what happened to SL. BCCI practically owns ICC.

The fact that you are really trying to persuade me into believe that BCCI actually has the best interest in mind for BCB just cracks me up. Do you know what BCCI said to BCB during the ICL saga. They said banned those players and we will create opportunities for Bangladeshi players in IPL. we all know how that turned out to be.

You will never accept anything is BCCI fault. They are such good guys they are our best friend they love us they got us test status.

How many times do i have to tell you about darwin. dont change the freaking topic I told you they hosted us right?? yes or no is good enough.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Last edited by Ajfar; June 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old June 8, 2010, 01:05 PM
Cricket Sage

neel here, since you are dieing for some articles talking about this issue I did some research. Unfortunately I wasn't a BC member when this stuff was discussed more thoroughly so I don't know which threads they were discussed it, but i'll look into that. But for now I have found evidence that In the original FTP there was Bangladesh Tour in India scheduled but later postponed. here is a paragraph from that.

Quote:
"I have had talks with the officials of the BCCI yesterday," Ali Asghar, the president of the Bangladesh Board, told The Daily Star, "and it has been decided that we will not tour India in April. It is mainly because both the sides [were] pressed for time. But the BCCI has assured me that they will host us later next year."
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/136266.html

I'll see if I can get a hold of an original ICC calender for 2000-2006.
Old June 8, 2010, 09:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

can anyone tell whats this rumor about NO england tour in next FTP ??? is it similar like we had no tour of india in current FTP ??? does all the teams are scheduled to host and tour all the team in a FTP ???
Old June 8, 2010, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Easy with the Zimbo-loving and self bashing. We whitewashed the second string WI XI in Tests and ODIs.They aren't doing anything we can't do.

When we meet them, we'll thrash them. Again.