facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 25, 2010, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Match Thread: Bangladesh vs West Pakistan, Dhaka, 26 March 1971

Boom Shakalaka baby! In a few hours, Sheikh Mujib will win the toss and elect to bat first! The (formerly) East Pakistani openers will come down to bat with taader ja kichu ache at home, wearing the Bangladeshi flag on their hearts! Now we all know using the bat as a sword (Al Shahriar's sword, not Tamim Iqbal's) can have only one ending, but have no fear, the guerilla Muktis are here! They will Mushfiq(v), Nayeem(v), Riyad(v) and Shakib(v) us to victory! Niazi and Tikka will score ducks, while Golam Azam will top score for West Pakistan and remain not out on 87!

Old March 25, 2010, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

heh.... ekdom jalamoyee thread....

Happy Independence Day to Everyone....
Old March 25, 2010, 06:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

oi genji pora mohilar chehara dekhi na kan? eto shundor bole dekhi na, naki eto beesri bole dekhina?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Pakistan bats.

First Innings

Gory Image 1

Gory Image 2
Old March 25, 2010, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Bangladesh First Innings

Old March 25, 2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Pakistan 2nd Innings

Martyred Intellectuals

Martyred Intellectuals
Old March 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Bangladesh 2nd Innings

Old March 25, 2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
oi genji pora mohilar chehara dekhi na kan? eto shundor bole dekhi na, naki eto beesri bole dekhina?
Use your imagination. Who do you wanna kiss?
Old March 25, 2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

I still can't forgive them. 1971 doesn't seem that long, I am loving how other International countries doesn't want to tour to Pakistan hope this continues forever.

Last edited by Bond; March 25, 2010 at 07:35 PM..
Old March 25, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Happy independence day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
I still can't forgive them. 1971 doesn't seem that long, I am loving how other International countries doesn't want to tour to Pakistan hope this continues forever.
I can only imagine how painful the war must have been to those who actually witnessed it. However despite that, is it really right for us to take pleasure on the hardships Pakistan is facing nowadays ? Back in 1971, from what I have heard, they loved seeing our people and our country in pain, what did that "hatred" do to them ?
Old March 25, 2010, 08:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Happy Independence Day/ Shadhinota Dibosh, 2010! Salaam, Pronam and Cheers to all bhais and apas of BC! Salaam, Pronam and prayers for all our Freedom Fighters and Shaheedans. Bangladesh!
Old March 25, 2010, 09:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Mora ekti fool-ke bachabo bole juddho kori...
Mora ekti shishur mookhe hashi footabo bole astro dhori...
Old March 25, 2010, 09:52 PM

I still can remember on 27th [or was it 28th?] March, we and many other unknown families walked and walked days after days all along village roads and corps field, from Kollyanpur [near Shyamoli] Dhaka via Kolatia, Foridpur, Barishal to Bhola [via many more unknown places to me], leaving everything behind but some cloths. In that desperate journey lots of unknown village living people provided us food and place for sleep, rest. And so they did to many hundreds or thousands peoples like us for days for sure.

I can remember some people were waiting by the village muddy road providing 'Gur', 'Ruti', 'Paani' for free but yet some people did paid those who could. And while crossing channels, rivers those boat people didnt asked money but people leaved some coin on deck as they wished. There are so many snaps in my mind of those days that never seems to get fade, and I wish not to be as many kids like me of those days.

On this day like us many people must be remembering those unknown helping people and wish they live in peace and get rewarded for their did, in this life and life after.

Happy Independence Day to Everyone.
Old March 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Well now that all the crap is gone from this thread.

RIp granpa. He was killed during the war. He wasnt a fighter. Just a regular folk.

happy independence day.
Old March 25, 2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I still can remember on 27th [or was it 28th?] March, we and many other unknown families walked and walked days after days all along village roads and corps field, from Kollyanpur [near Shyamoli] Dhaka via Kolatia, Foridpur, Barishal to Bhola [via many more unknown places to me], leaving everything behind but some cloths. In that desperate journey lots of unknown village living people provided us food and place for sleep, rest. And so they did to many hundreds or thousands peoples like us for days for sure.

I can remember some people were waiting by the village muddy road providing 'Gur', 'Ruti', 'Paani' for free but yet some people did paid those who could. And while crossing channels, rivers those boat people didnt asked money but people leaved some coin on deck as they wished. There are so many snaps in my mind of those days that never seems to get fade, and I wish not to be as many kids like me of those days.

On this day like us many people must be remembering those unknown helping people and wish they live in peace and get rewarded for their did, in this life and life after.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have been born in an independent Bangladesh.
Old March 25, 2010, 10:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Proud to be Bangladeshi, and will fight against anyone who's against our religion or against our independence.
Old March 25, 2010, 10:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan

^^Those are some memories there dear Poorfan bhai!! I was an infant then and my uncle carried me in his "kole" in the rural parts of then Comilla, Brahmanbaria, Koshba, Akhaura along with my mom, dad and sister. I don't have any memories though...

...Later on throughout the 70s/early 80s, the BTV B&W natoks, Bengali films on the war, documenteries, Mohila Shomiti moncho natoks, novels, literature depicting our Independence war played a strong influential part in my memories of our independence war and the events around it.
Old March 25, 2010, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

At first I was a little confused/hesitant about the PC-ness of this thread connecting it to cricket analogy. But I guess no harm has been done.

May souls of the departed martyrs rest in peace. Their 'wrin' can never be paid back.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 25, 2010, 10:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Happy Independence Day to all.

Was glad to see the surrender letter (for the first time)
Old March 25, 2010, 11:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Bangladesher 15 koti bhai bonder ami janai amar hridoer salaam!
Old March 25, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
Happy Independence Day to all.

Was glad to see the surrender letter (for the first time)
Yup. I saw it fo the first time too. Thanks a lot Zunaid bro. Btw, Virtual BD is an amazing site, great work, keep it up. It will hopefully provide us all with great informations for generations

Happy independence day everyone but I believe our independence isnt the end, its just the start of a great country. But that hasnt happened yet, but I am optimistic and hopefully it will someday.
Old March 25, 2010, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru

wow... the surrender letter, this is the first time Í've seen it. Thank you for sharing ( I was actually looking for it :P BC is so educational :P )

Happy independance day to everyone.
Old March 25, 2010, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Yup. I saw it fo the first time too. Thanks a lot Zunaid bro. Btw, Virtual BD is an amazing site, great work, keep it up. It will hopefully provide us all with great informations for generations

Happy independence day everyone but I believe our independence isnt the end, its just the start of a great country. But that hasnt happened yet, but I am optimistic and hopefully it will someday.
Thanks. There is more in the history section that you might enjoy. I wish I had more time to update as to when I started this in 1993 in the early days of the web.

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/history/
Old March 26, 2010, 01:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Bangladesh & West Pakistan doesnt go together, as it is in thread heading. The moment you say Bangladesh, that also means the demise of west/East Pakistan. I think West/East is irrelevant with the birth of BD. It possibly is a bit undermining to Bangladesh, as there is a hidden sense of the existance of the East. Just Pakistan is more respectable to bangladesh.
Old March 26, 2010, 01:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Good one Zunaid bhai.