facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2013, 04:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Default since we have already lost going past first round in World Cup 2015, what is a fan to do....?

....other than taking up canoeing as a hobby and retiring in a Sundarban hut where sun don't shine, let alone electricity sparkle? Well, following are for fodder for a fan's alternate bucketlist post-World Cup 15:

• take up yoga, tai chi, ludo, romance and other non violent sport
  • commit suicide by memorizing Athar Ali Khan's entire lifetime script
  • take up seismography plus wicca for a divination to predict when next BCCI strikes with it's almighty power
  • learn palmistry and bhagavad gita and other esoteric mantras to forever undergo a godelian loop of self-referential infinite defeats while finding selfrealizationt rhu matches
  • learn archery and practice on Ash's digital mood of the day
  • replace Swann's way with Schwann's way (which is a diarrhea line stretching around block) and make Ash believe he is Proughst.
  • lynch Deepanjan for his yet another "Should BD deserve clothes and show citizenship proof status? thread
  • our beloved Sohel bhai merging with a Kurzwellian bot called Kronos and only activated via hologram
  • start an escobar witchunt locally for the gaddar which will turn out to be ending of contagion
  • Rubu finally rolling up his sleeve for a "how about a magic trick" with paint..or is it...oh for god's sakes...and earning eight hattricks in a single match of test cricket for ultimate revenge
  • actually sign this thread and bask on glory and fame of a zwickau prophet
  • gain priveleges such as walking under ladder, crossing a black cat, stepping on cracks or a broken mirror reflection, as luck cannot get any worse
  • a new concept called B is invented which is a constant for highest number imaginable by imagining anti-thesis of bd team
  • shaad realizing God DOES exist ....or how can a team be so bad consistently after another like a sonnet defying infinite monkey theorem
  • spell correctly and actually try not to be unfunny
  • rename BC as zVlog with myself remaining the only person alive talking to myself with a trillion posts

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 30, 2013, 04:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

WC 2017? Fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

....other than taking up canoeing as a hobby and retiring in a Sundarban hut where sun don't shine, let alone electricity sparkle? Well, following are for fodder for a fan's alternate bucketlist post-World Cup 17:

[/LIST]
Old July 30, 2013, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
WC 2017? Fail...
choop koro....jodi bahbah dite hoy taile uparrow diye deu

Old July 31, 2013, 06:00 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Dilam green maira. Kintu ekhane to dekhi mosha o nai...
Old July 31, 2013, 07:25 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Bangladesh will always be in the hardest group, because we make it the hardest group.

That does not mean we'll not qualify. We made it in 2007. We almost made it in 2011 until WI messed things up. I don't see why we can't give this group's each and every team a run for their money.

Australia - even on their backyard, beatable. NZ - our best chance. England, tougher with current form, but why not? If we can beat SL on their backyard, why not in Australia?

Even though a lot can happen in the remaining 1 and half years, in terms of forms, I can safely say that grouping does not matter.
Old July 31, 2013, 09:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks for the response Rubu bhaia. Btw, is it because i baited you? Idk why i remember seeing you in Shakib type face paint so I thought you are our last resort for hat-tricks. Jai hok, pandering helped solicit a response.

Btw, i know it's a dumb thread, so sorry for that. I was a bit bored; and the rating gotta stop. It's a joke. From worst of the worst red to green? O Nasif bhai, can we really have a neutral symbol...plz.

As for Rubu bhai's response.. Well, although the past cup tells nothing and we might emerge as a really strong team by 2015 who knows.... but if we manage to beat ANY OF THE TEAM in Cup i will gladly eat humble pie and never ever open a thread...okay i said that a zilliontimes.... I WILL TREAT MEMBERS TO RADISSON!!!!

Old July 31, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Australia - even on their backyard, beatable. NZ - our best chance. England, tougher with current form, but why not? If we can beat SL on their backyard, why not in Australia?
I don't understand where people are getting the notion of NZ being the easier of the teams to beat, they have some incredible, young and rising pacers in their team at the moment whom by the time for WC would probably be lethal in Aussie pitches. Beating England, NZ or Australia in those conditions will require everything the BD team has, our spin attack will pretty much be useless in those conditions.
Old July 31, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
That does not mean we'll not qualify. We made it in 2007. We almost made it in 2011 until WI messed things up. I don't see why we can't give this group's each and every team a run for their money.
2007 was a special case. One that ICC didn't even imagine in their wildest dream. 2007 format required BD/Ireland to win ONLY 1 game against G8 nation, and beat the other weaker team in the group ie Bermuda/Zim. I don't think we'll see that format again anytime soon. It's much easier to win only 1 game against G8 nation, than win 2 game against G8 nation and still hope other results go your way.

This format will give us the opportunity to play quite a few games but our chances of getting eliminated are quite high. 2007 WC format gives us a better chance to qualify for the 2nd round but the downside being if we don't quality we don't get to face other G8 teams.
Old August 1, 2013, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Praying for the teams success could be an option, espcially in this holy month.
Old August 1, 2013, 07:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
2007 was a special case. One that ICC didn't even imagine in their wildest dream. 2007 format required BD/Ireland to win ONLY 1 game against G8 nation, and beat the other weaker team in the group ie Bermuda/Zim. I don't think we'll see that format again anytime soon. It's much easier to win only 1 game against G8 nation, than win 2 game against G8 nation and still hope other results go your way.

This format will give us the opportunity to play quite a few games but our chances of getting eliminated are quite high. 2007 WC format gives us a better chance to qualify for the 2nd round but the downside being if we don't quality we don't get to face other G8 teams.
Not necessarily. The format was different in 2007, sure. It required beating one test team. 2011 was not too different, the reason being, if you leave out Zim (not in our group anyway), you really have to replace just one top team by beating them. Just like we did against England. The only difference being, England had a chance to bounce back, WI needed to win that game. If they did, we'd still go to 2nd round just by win one game against top 8. So, I am not too worried about the format (and this is better format, anyway). These days 1 out of 4 times we are expected to beat a top team, if we can do it to the right team, we can still make it to the 2nd round.
Old July 31, 2013, 09:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I gave this thread 3 green, excellent rating. Nahole toh apni abar rag kore chole jaben. Onek bhalo thread hoyeche bhaiya
Old July 31, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I gave this thread 3 green, excellent rating. Nahole toh apni abar rag kore chole jaben. Onek bhalo thread hoyeche bhaiya
Learn from kalpurush bhaia! :p

Yes mufi it's a bit like forcing/beating your wife to love you.

Old July 31, 2013, 09:26 AM

We will qualify to 2nd round and beyond - only IF,

> Mr. Papon quits BCB as he lacks vision
> New selection panel - Akram has to go as he only sees KFC (ATMR knows better)
> Some one has to watch our kids to keep them disciplined
Old July 31, 2013, 09:35 AM

Enjoyed your thread Zeeshan

Last edited by kalpurush; August 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old July 31, 2013, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We have to wait till 2023, when the World Cup will return to the subcontinent. 2019 is no good, because the Imruls and Imrul 2.0s (read Anamul Bijoy) will fish blanks in English and Welsh conditions, conveniently humiliating themselves against the likes of Burkina Faso and Kiribati.

At least in the subcontinent we can make a comeback off a 58 a/o against a Test playing team by beating Ireland by a solitary run and then celebrating like we won the tournament. Then again, we won't have Ashraful's double bouncers to save our sorry behinds. Ken Ashraful ken tui taka khaite geli.
Old July 31, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

The thread is jotil
Old July 31, 2013, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't know what to say, we went to Zim and had our tails handed to us.
Talk is cheap. Boys haven't done anything yet to justify saying, NZ is easy, Sri Lanka is no problem and if WI did not mess us up we would have been the world chapm.
Old August 1, 2013, 03:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Whether NZ is beatable or not will be answered soon enough when we play them at home. I know the conditions will be different in Australia but still we will know where we stand after the NZ home series.

What gives me hope is Asia Cup, Drawn ODI series in Sri Lanka and WI ODI series win.
If our pace bowlers improve and Shahadat/Abul/Rubel gets dropped we should not be push overs
Old August 1, 2013, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

i think i have gone blind by self voting my thread...

....like zimmerman's judge!!!!

Old August 2, 2013, 04:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

We lost? I just celebrated yesterday... Oh wait...thats coz India failed
Old August 2, 2013, 05:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

fantastic thread... rated it three stars Zeeshan-san