facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who has a better future as an allrounder?
Kapali 7 17.07%
Naeem 17 41.46%
Mahmudullah 13 31.71%
Ash 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 29, 2009, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Default Who has a better future as an allrounder?

Who has a better future as an allrounder in ODI? Kapali?Naeem??Mahmudullah???Ash???

Old November 29, 2009, 10:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Tired of discussing allround ability of Kapali/Naeem/Mahmuduallh/Ash.Kindly bring something new.We know Ash and Kapali as an allrounder since 2000.And also Riad and Naeem since 2004/2005.
Old November 29, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cricket Guru

My pick is Riyad. His bowling skills are pretty average, but he does well to observe batsmen and act accordingly (within his limitation). I think it's matter of time he sharpen his skills.

As a batsman, he is orthodox and still struggling to fit in #7 slot. I hope he adapts better with time.
Old November 29, 2009, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

voted for Naeem...He is smart enough to be an all rounder. He needs special care.
Old November 29, 2009, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Kapali has improved his bowling a lot in last few years so i have gone for Kapali
Old November 29, 2009, 11:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Kapali has improved his bowling a lot in last few years so i have gone for Kapali
I won't be convinced about Kapali unless I see him with my own eyes to turn a delivery. To me, he is a legspinner only means that he bowls most of his deliveries on the leg stump line.
Old November 30, 2009, 12:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Is this thread is to promote the Great? If so, let it this be known, (bowling) Kapali got two (2) wkts in this DPL. Strike rate of 78, Econ of 5.46 and Averaging 66.5. (Batting) Avg 27.71 @ SR of 73.48.

Mo Rafique has a better chance to get in to team as an alrounder. (bowling) 19 wkts, SR of 24.9, Econ of 2.94, Avg of 12.63. (Batting) Avg 26 with a SR of 91+.

Let us stop bringing Kapali in anything and everything untill he does something like SN is doing right now. Over-rated by his blind fans.
Old November 30, 2009, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Is this thread is to promote the Great? If so, let it this be known, (bowling) Kapali got two (2) wkts in this DPL. Strike rate of 78, Econ of 5.46 and Averaging 66.5. (Batting) Avg 27.71 @ SR of 73.48.

Mo Rafique has a better chance to get in to team as an alrounder. (bowling) 19 wkts, SR of 24.9, Econ of 2.94, Avg of 12.63. (Batting) Avg 26 with a SR of 91+.

Let us stop bringing Kapali in anything and everything untill he does something like SN is doing right now. Over-rated by his blind fans.
Sory its never to promote Kapal.I was just watching who have done what in his last 2/3 years as an allrounder in ODI and come to an idea to do so,As Kapali,Nameem and Mahmudullah has done almost same a bowler and ash is improving as a bowler as well.So . . . .
Old November 30, 2009, 01:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Mahmudullah has the least possibility, IMO

He is weak in batting & bowling both, All others have weakness in Bowling department. Hard to predict. But I feel basing on recent performances, Nayeem should become a better allrounder in ODIs.
Old November 30, 2009, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I vote for Riyad, but I think nayeem has a lot of potential as well.

kapali will get to make a statement,if & when he gets into the national team.
Old November 30, 2009, 01:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Based on performances over the last 2 years or so, definitely Mahmudullah! No doubt about it. He bats more with singles and doubles, with a good SR. Probably not ideal for a lower order batsman. Needs to be promoted up the order like many others in our team. His bowling is usually better than Naeem or Alok, and Ash doesn't bowl much anyways so we can not comment on what would happen "if" he did.
Old November 30, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Legend

All of them r good batsman and none of them age good bowler thats true but as all r spiner they will improve their bowling as long as there career will be.So now the question will be who is quick learner?It seems to me Riyad,Ash and Kapali are improving slowly where as Naeem is improving very quickly.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 30, 2009, 03:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Based on performances over the last 2 years or so, definitely Mahmudullah! No doubt about it. He bats more with singles and doubles, with a good SR. Probably not ideal for a lower order batsman. Needs to be promoted up the order like many others in our team. His bowling is usually better than Naeem or Alok, and Ash doesn't bowl much anyways so we can not comment on what would happen "if" he did.
spot on. The guy is seriously underated. He has 2 bat higher in the order. Idealy at 5 in both ODI and Test. Just look at his FC ave. But in ODI thts Shakib's spot so i would have him at 6. Ash at 7. Naem another potential for future would continue harnesing skils at 8 until WC 2011.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 30, 2009, 04:01 AM
Cricket Sage

What are Mahmudullahs recent int performances? Do we need to see his FC averages while we have his int stats?
Old November 30, 2009, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What are Mahmudullahs recent int performances? Do we need to see his FC averages while we have his int stats?
Riyad's stats for last one year - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...;type=allround

Batting average 27.55, bowling 32.07. Those are decent figures for an allrounder.
Old November 30, 2009, 04:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Riyad's stats for last one year - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...;type=allround

Batting average 27.55, bowling 32.07. Those are decent figures for an allrounder.
Thanks. It's not bad but I think Nayeem is better. And then playing under pressure, finishing a game under pressure, etc. Nayeem has shown much more ability than Riyad. Riyad is generally crumbling under pressure.
Old November 30, 2009, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Thanks. It's not bad but I think Nayeem is better. And then playing under pressure, finishing a game under pressure, etc. Nayeem has shown much more ability than Riyad. Riyad is generally crumbling under pressure.
Naeem's stats for last one year - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...;type=allround

Batting average 26.87, bowling 36.50. Stat-wise, he is slightly behind Riyad.

I agree with you that he holds better potential as a batsman, but I don't see his potential to improve as a bowler.
Old November 30, 2009, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Kapali took 9 wickets in his last 10 ODI with average below 30 but he sucks in batting which was just above 20.Naeem and Riyad did well so it seems we r going to get a good all rounder from them during WC.Chance of Suhrawardy also very high.Wow I am happy.

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; November 30, 2009 at 06:07 AM..
Old November 30, 2009, 06:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Sorry I can not agree with you! You are saying this based on Nayeem's last few matches, in fact mostly the single match in which he hit the sixes which are still afresh in your mind. Rite before that, a lot of people were asking for his head!

Look at the over all picture, and you will see the difference between Riyad and Naeem at this moment. Having said that, I am not saying that there is too much of a difference. Both are doing just fine. Riyad just has the edge at the moment. Both bowling wise and batting wise. The only thing is that he is not explosive like many of our batsmen, but hey thats what we said about Sakib when he first got into the picture (Not that I am comparing the two rite now).
Old December 2, 2009, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
My pick is Riyad. His bowling skills are pretty average, but he does well to observe batsmen and act accordingly (within his limitation). I think it's matter of time he sharpen his skills.

As a batsman, he is orthodox and still struggling to fit in #7 slot. I hope he adapts better with time.
Dont u think that Naeem is a smart cricketer? Just now Riyad and Naeem doing same with the ball and Naeem doing better with the bat? Further more dont u think that Naeem has a better future?

Old December 2, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Dont u think that Naeem is a smart cricketer? Just now Riyad and Naeem doing same with the ball and Naeem doing better with the bat? Further more dont u think that Naeem has a better future?

As a bowler? No, I don't see much of a future for Naeem.

At this point, Naeem may be better with bat than Riyad is, but Riyad is better with the ball.
Old December 2, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

naeem for sure because he can be a bowler, also he is a clean hitter
Old December 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Better future as an allrounder?
It have to be one of the two still unknowns i.e Naeem or Ryiad. Their upper ceiling is still in the future and we haven't seen that yet.

For Motin and Kopali, we should already know their high ceiling. For them the future is either "Present" or "Past"
Old December 2, 2009, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Naeem.
Old December 2, 2009, 07:14 PM

Farhad Reza is fading away....!