facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default BCB: The Root of All The Problems and They are To be Forced Now

A lot discussions and analysis have been going on recently because of the poor performance of the team. It's natural when the performance curve is negative on a constant basis. Different kinds of views from different aspects comes and each of them deserves a thought. Some says the coach is the main culprit, some says it's the players and some others think infrastructure is the main problem. To me it's the board and its non-professionalism are the main reason for the constant poor performance of the team.

The Problems:
Problem Since The Start:
Since the birth of our test status, our cricket was never on the right track. After getting the test status, we needed at least 2 years of time before stepping on to the real show. Unfortunately that didn't happen . Actually our board was not ready for it in the real sense. We didn't have sufficient infrastructure to be a test playing country. We even didn’t have a single longer version league in the country. It really sounds funny to me that a country having test status didn’t have any longer version of cricketing culture.

Wrong Selection Policy:
We had some players with good maturity and experience around whom we could build our team while making the infrastructure ready for this level. Aminul Islam Bulbul, Akram Khan, Minhajul AbedinNannu, Nairum Rahman Durjoy around whom the team could built up. But we failed to do that. A player like Nannu was ignored from the test team forever who showed his caliber later by achieving average of 51.78 from 24 first class matches. Instead of building the team around these players our management has chosen the easy way of throwing very young inexperienced players like Ashraful, who has crashed under pressure and yet to be able to adjust in this level, under the fire. A lot of other young and teenagers like Alok Kapali, Nafis Iqbal, Hannan Sarkar have been put under pressure and wasted in this non-professional selection policy.

This wrong policy is still continuing and still we are putting young players like Junaed under fire while ignoring senior consistent performers like Ehsanul Haque.

Wrong Selection of Coaches:
Our selection of coaches didn’t really work for us most of the times. After getting the test status, we forced the coach to leave who took our team to a cetain level. I am talking about Gordon Greenidge here whom we awarded our national citizenship out of enthusiasm. Later we have seen garbage dumped coaches like Trevor Chappell, Mohsin Kamal who took the performance curve to downwards instead of raising it.

Dav was a good selection and has been a good find for Bangladesh. Yet BCB failed to handle him properly. The recent coach Jamie Siddons has already become a controversial one putting his selection on harsh questions.

Failing Achieve Professionalism and Accountability:
BCB is a non-professional organization from the very beginning. A lot of eye-washing efforts have been made to make it professional and eventually none of them succeeded. A money generating organization like BCB which is responsible for keeping the national pride high must be professional and ensure accountability. Govt selected body with biased choices of garbage type of management is never enough to keep the desired standard.

We failed to ensure accountability in every way. Nobody is there to take the responsibility of the failures. Nobody knows how the huge amount of money coming from sponsorship and TV rights are getting spent. BCB is like a “modhur hari” of which every one wants to get a stake.

Nobody knows what the basis of selections of the management personnel is. Completely pathetic!!!!

Unable To Build the Proper Infrastructure
BCB completely failed to live up to the mark here. A new test playing country like Bangladesh needs proper infrastructure to keep on going. BCB completely ignored this issue and still we are almost on the same condition where we had been at the time of getting the test status. Insufficient playing grounds, lack of good fast bouncy wickets, quality curators, coaches, umpires, analysts only did the damage more.

Lack of Proper Vision:
BCB never seem to have the vision to take our cricket to the next level. They worked on ad-hoc basic instead of working with a concrete step by step plan. Cricket is not only a game these days; it’s a commodity, it’s a national representative in the world. Our management failed to understand it completely. This has not changed yet and we don’t see any sign of the desired change in the near future.

What to Do Now:
We need to start some kind of protests against the non-sense BCB management by putting some banner on the home page or some thing like that. We need a fully professional management who won't fail to install fast and bouncy wickets all over the country, neither would fail to decentralize cricket to every corner, neither would fail to pick the right persons as selectors (to be frank except Akram the whole selection team is rubbish), neither would fail to make the domestic competitions competitive enough, neither would fail to train and enroll full time coaches, physio, trainers for regional teams...A lot of similar points can be added here.

So some kind of pressure has to be built on them. We waited enough and now it's time for pushing them to do the right things. Otherwise our cricket will loose the glamor and fans and as a result BC will become less active day by day.

Please propose a way, which you think, will be effective and yet decent and peaceful enough to change BCB in a positive way to hire professionals and become a professional organization. We don't wanna see another traditional govt office continues to be in there to degrade our cricket.

Last edited by WarWolf; September 7, 2008 at 03:58 PM..

Old September 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Interesting to find that most of the local media are shouting at the coach, not even a little share is going to the board. This is really unfair. If the coach has to take responsibility then the board definitely has to take more responsibility. They are the top management and monitoring authority here.
Old September 6, 2008, 06:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

thank you warwolf bhai for doing this! i am with you all the way bro!
i said this in another thread!
we here at BC need to raise these basic, fundamnetal, important questions for BCB -why don't we have bouncy/sporty pitches yet? how long would it take? how long do we have to wait? seriously, we demand a time frame - just like the democrats about the iraq troops withdrawal! what do you all do at BCB? i want to see open public report of fund alocation, distribution, data, audit, tender report, contract summery etc. etc.! if we are truly a republic and we claim to be a sincere democratic system, then i want to know!
i demand to know! BCB is a public org. and the people of BD has the right to know! we can't just send our young boys to the lion's den and watch them get shaughtered and put the blame on them? the players alone are at fault for this consistant failure? no way....
BCB is holding the mantra of failure and it's your(BCB) job to prepare the players and the infra-structure for making better players! just because you provided a skilled and expensive coach and hired a couple of other coaches, and you think you have done your job, and you can just pass the blame on the players and the coach alone? no way! this is not how it's going to go!
what are you all doing with all the money?
i am serious! we, here at BC have to demand these questions!

Last edited by bujhee kom; September 6, 2008 at 06:47 PM..
Old September 7, 2008, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
thank you warwolf bhai for doing this! i am with you all the way bro!
i said this in another thread!
we here at BC need to raise these basic, fundamnetal, important questions for BCB -why don't we have bouncy/sporty pitches yet? how long would it take? how long do we have to wait? seriously, we demand a time frame - just like the democrats about the iraq troops withdrawal! what do you all do at BCB? i want to see open public report of fund alocation, distribution, data, audit, tender report, contract summery etc. etc.! if we are truly a republic and we claim to be a sincere democratic system, then i want to know!
i demand to know! BCB is a public org. and the people of BD has the right to know! we can't just send our young boys to the lion's den and watch them get shaughtered and put the blame on them? the players alone are at fault for this consistant failure? no way....BCB is holding the mantra of failure and it's your(BCB) job to prepare the players and the infra-structure for making better players! just because you provided a skilled and expensive coach and hired a couple of other coaches, and you think you have done your job, and you can just pass the blame on the players and the coach alone? no way! this is not how it's going to go!
what are you all doing with all the money?
i am serious! we, here at BC have to demand these questions!
I agree wholeheartedly here. BCB has failed these young cricketers, Siddons has destroyed their confidence and morale from the time he took over. Those team rules are garbage.
Old September 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

The article is updated now.
Old September 7, 2008, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BCB has to take responsibility for:
1. They were far bellow the standard in handling young boys.
2. They are too slow in improving the cricketing facilities all over the country, like stadiums & pitches
3. Too slow in providing adequate facilities like Gym, Bowling Machines, indoor facilities, cricketing gears etc
4. Couldn't arrange good competitive cricket allover the country, school cricket to national all are being staged just in name sake.
5. Lack of proper coaches is so prominent, that you see basic mistakes at the top level. Needs to make it mandatory for the teams to have qualified coaches. Even the school cricket needs to get good coaches on regular basis, the explayers may be trained and used for them.

They clearly don't have any vision.

Having said that, all these problems can't be solved in one go. It needs time and more time to get results from the changes.

Last edited by BANFAN; September 7, 2008 at 02:51 PM..
Old September 7, 2008, 02:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Yet no bouncy pitch. Yet no curator who can handle a bouncy pitch and keep the bounce (no longterm training). Yet not even a drop-off pitch like Darwin.

Some of the things BCB is doing is good but more needs to be done.

Among the good, putting more importance in the longer version of the local league (raise salary etc.). On the flip side not scheduling on a time where the national team players can play in most of the games not just 3/4 games in a season. Intl arena is not a place for learning the basics. That is why the local league comes to play.

Not sharing power, money with the six divisional boards and giving them more autonomy. How will the infrastructure shape up if everything is done in Dhaka?

Sylhet playing home games at Fatullah, Barisal at Bagura. Where are they going to get the home crowd come and cheer? Lots of questions has yet to be addressed. Without the interest of the local people how can a jora-tali team play as a team?
Old September 7, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yet no bouncy pitch. Yet no curator who can handle a bouncy pitch and keep the bounce (no longterm training). Yet not even a drop-off pitch like Darwin.

Some of the things BCB is doing is good but more needs to be done.

Among the good, putting more importance in the longer version of the local league (raise salary etc.). On the flip side not scheduling on a time where the national team players can play in most of the games not just 3/4 games in a season. Intl arena is not a place for learning the basics. That is why the local league comes to play.

Not sharing power, money with the six divisional boards and giving them more autonomy. How will the infrastructure shape up if everything is done in Dhaka?

Sylhet playing home games at Fatullah, Barisal at Bagura. Where are they going to get the home crowd come and cheer? Lots of questions has yet to be addressed.
My exact focus is to find a way to ask them the questions directly. I think some of us have good connections with the news papers. News papers and TV media can put a lot of pressure on them by asking these questions.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Those ho-hos needed "unprofessional" comments from the coach to wake up to their responsibilities.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
Those ho-hos needed "unprofessional" comments from the coach to wake up to their responsibilities.
I loved this part.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
Sorry!! They are still napping and focusing energy on the wrong places as usual; trying to oust JS already. Thank you "All fault lies on JS bandwagon" (Media, fans).

JS is not a messiah. No coach is.

A little "Rah Rah" can (motivate to) get the sporadic wins but won't change the standard. Garbage in Garbage out.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

WarWolf,

Good write. We need to get this into some Bangla News Paper. Is it possible? If so it needs to be written in the same mode as it is now. Typically Bangla News Papers throw in too much of color and poetry into the news and end of the news they keep things vague and inconclusive.

Let's put some due pressure on BCB and stop them from wasting millions of dollars this organization earns every years.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBall
WarWolf,

Good write. We need to get this into some Bangla News Paper. Is it possible? If so it needs to be written in the same mode as it is now. Typically Bangla News Papers throw in too much of color and poetry into the news and end of the news they keep things vague and inconclusive.

Let's put some due pressure on BCB and stop them from wasting millions of dollars this organization earns every years.
Excellent suggestion. Forward the piece to Daily Star also. Maybe they will post.

I HOPE BC will put this one in the front page.
Old September 7, 2008, 03:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Thanks DotBall. Thanks Mijan Bhai.
Old September 7, 2008, 04:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yes, it's kind of hard to understand why the BCB haven't done too much to improve the domestic infrastructure. i mean even on this forum many people numerous times have mentioned some really good ways to improve it so it's pretty simple to figure out what to do, it's just a matter of doing it and if the money is there then it shouildn't be too hard to implement what needs to be done.
Old September 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Excellently written. I hope it can be published in a daily newspapers in Bangla and English.
Old September 7, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

good article WarWolf.
Old September 7, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Thanks Mohammed bhai and cricket_dorshok bhai. I just expressed my feelings. Your praise will be my inspiration.
Old September 7, 2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

I don't know, for the first 5 years atleast, I thought there was a lot of junior level activity from BCB - which got reported very well too. Coaches from abroad, that deal w/Mccinness, tours, e.t.c.

And that's just faded over the past 3 years...

...atleast till then, they got that part fairly well. They have consistantly messed up our national teams though. No one really knows how things like these happened..

...sudden loss of form in Senior players
...stagnated growth in performance
...why Hannan Sharkar never made a come-back (I mean the bowlers have been rectified well, but never the batsmen)
...why the Tushar Imran experiment persisted for so long
...Ashraful

BCB really really needs to press on the peddle at the junior levels. Teach there how to learn and compete w/o fear of failures and inability to grasp. When you are young, you tend to seize the initiative as you tend not to think that you can fail.

And the mess continues...

...Nazimuddin in the team
...mehrab jr in the team
...Sajidul having a one off tour as a bowler
...why did Naeem go to australia? Who is he ?

Last edited by Pundit; September 7, 2008 at 07:46 PM..
Old September 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

WarWolf just proved that you don't need to have a fee eich dhee to right well - all you need is a pure heart and an objective mind.
Old September 7, 2008, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

good thread...

A simple comparison.

After 100+ matches Ashrafull found out he plays a lot on the air
After 8 years BCB found out we need bouncy pitches.

BCB/Bangladesh always demanded BD batsmen r better then the bowlers.

Truth is the other way around. Even Kneya could beat us soundly on a batting pitches...

We need a sallauddin in cricket who knows the real picture hence can take steps to fix it. rest is here to get richer...

I know from inside sources that before a big match or a match between big team (read big player) the pitch curators gets heavy notice to make the pitch batting paradise so that those big players can make some runs and scape crowed pressure.

Mirpure in one time had a supper fast pitch. At that time teams used to get out under 100/150. Then the pressure was so high on the curator that he could not keep the grass live as he was told before every match to cutt it and eventually the green top turnned into grey to bawled...

We need to change this mentality. how long the clubs will make up bcb and then run Cricket?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 7, 2008, 09:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

bangladesh crciket board, where are the sporty/bouncy pitches?
where is the sylhet ground?
bcb - wake up!!
wake up!
i am totally disgusted by each and everyone of you shameless BCB members, present and past! the caged primates of mirpur zoo have more kahunas, sense of responsibility and brains than all of you imbecile BCB memebers!
Old September 7, 2008, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Besides infrastructure issues, selection of players is the single major reason in my opinion.

Our section process doesn't follow any particular method and stick with that. We often say one thing and do another thing. This is sending confusing signal to the players as well as to the fans. There is no clear cut performance measurement controls set in advance and enforcement of accountability among selectors, coaches and players.

We hand pick young ill prepared players too early based on no clear criteria, and then don't have the guts to stick with him long enough to give him a fair chance and dump him too quickly. They use one set of arbitrary rules to prevent one set of young players to advance to the national team, then next day bend their one rule and hand pick some other young players.

We pick old rejects too quickly even though they didn't do anything significant to warrant a comeback, whereas there are other rejects they were ignored based elevated arbitrary requirement. Again sending confusing message.

We dump dome young players too early without giving them enough chance to prove one way or another, where we we keep some players almost forever without disciplining them at all. We expect from some young player too early too much and get impatient if they fail to adjust to team's need whereas we try to accommodate some few players' inflexibility by changing batting order too often and risking destabilizing other player's performance as if team need to sacrifice to revive fading superstar's need. Again we are sending wrong signal there.

And the sad part of it is some confused fans promote and demand this kind of moves.
Old September 7, 2008, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
We need a sallauddin in cricket who knows the real picture hence can take steps to fix it. rest is here to get richer...
i agree with you. we badly need a Salauddin not a big mouther Lipu.
Old September 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

Well written WarWolf bhai. I think we have to start nominating BCB members based on their background and performance.

Saber Hossein has done bit well in that area, hasn't he?