facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default Plenty to prove in rushed tri-series

This tri-nation tournament is not worth any hype: It's being contested by a weakened Sri Lankan side, a Bangladesh outfit that has only played against weak teams in the recent past and an Indian team which, though filled with attractive batsmen, is suffering from poor bowling form and abysmal fielding. And it's being played at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur, a venue where dew is such an important factor that all the matches in the recent series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe were won by the chasing team. The combination of these factors doesn't make for compelling competition but the timing, a year before the 2011 World Cup, gives the teams something to work towards and plug holes in their game.

http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh201...ry/442174.html

indian writer's always find something to de glam our achievement. if ICC cant accomodate proper schedule, then whose fault is it?

Old January 3, 2010, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

When I read the start of this article, it really pissed me off. Friggin Indians will complain about everything if it's not on their terms. Screw him.
Old January 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

in the next line it says :

Quote:
Indian team which, though filled with attractive batsmen, is suffering from poor bowling form and abysmal fielding.
the article said two things, both true, one which is out of the team's control and therefore not its fault (BD playing against weak teams) and one which is critical of performance of another team (poor bowling and fielding by India)

any normal person who read this article will clearly see that Indian team is being criticized while BD team is not. and that is evidence of bias ?

some people want to believe that bias exists and they will see what they want to see even if it doesn't exist ! meh !
Old January 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
When I read the start of this article, it really pissed me off. Friggin Indians will complain about everything if it's not on their terms. Screw him.

I dont see anything wrong...we have beaten teams last year who were weaker than us..let us face Sl and INd now....if we can win atleast Two (2) matches...then i would say we are heading somewhere to compete the top teams.....once in a while win against the top 8 does not show that we are consistant in top level
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)