facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 28, 2003, 06:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Who\'s gonna captain the BD team in ZIm?

so....?..is mushfique babu the guy or hannan sarkar? what about habibul? so who's gonna be the captain?

Old December 28, 2003, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Rafique...i hope
Old December 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I don't know how reliable this info is, but Kriralok said that Sujon will remain the captain for the Zimbabwe tour.
Old December 28, 2003, 09:42 AM
First BC Member

And I am gonna stop writing if Mushfique or Hannan is made the captain.
Old December 28, 2003, 10:58 AM
First BC Member

Whatever.
Old December 28, 2003, 01:46 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

james u hitting the wrong chords here man :P
Old December 28, 2003, 02:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

why?..wats rong if mushfique becomes the captain?...he aint bad..i like him and i hope he is made the captain
Old December 28, 2003, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

this is a fruitless, never-ending discussion. just wait another month and don't be surprised if Sujon is made captain-for-life since he is supposedly in the 17 man training camp squad.
Old December 28, 2003, 08:01 PM
Test Cricketer

i dont see any point of making Mushfiqur the captain.....being consistent in two series...dont mean that he will be consistent....Alok was very consistent at the beginning...but now he is in bad patch......
....Hannan is young and has captained Under 19 and BD-A team...but i would say...we should give him some more time.....we can make him Vice-Captain now
.....Habibul Bashar should be the captain...he has experience....he is in good touch now...I hope he will do good in both version of cricket both as a captain and player...
...the reason Rafiq wont be the captain..i think...is that he does not speak English.....we need someone who can face the international media
Old December 28, 2003, 08:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Default if captancy is given to Bashar how it will impact on his performance?

We all know how our batsmen are...in pressure very few of them can stay in wicket and play a responsible knock..if captancy if given to Bashar won't it will affect his performance??
Old December 28, 2003, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default NO

Old December 29, 2003, 03:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

good point....it might affect habibul's performance...and that is the main reason i dont want him to be the captain....but who knows what might happen..jus hope for the best
Old December 29, 2003, 06:25 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Look ppl... Its not a prob if Sumon's performance is or isnt effected by captaincy... He always been a moody player and he doesnt seem to change... I dont have a prb if he is given captaincy... He will cope somehow... Personally I am for Rafique as a captain... the only reason that someone might show against it is the guy has bad english... I thought it matters... but thinking abt it carefully I cudnt care much abt that... If international media is to be negotiated take sujon as the interpretor Maybe he will be of some service then...

Having said all these... PPL... just wait a while... 1 more month... We will soon know... BUT I AM QUITE SURE IT WON'T BE SUJON... BCB CANNOT BE THAT BLIND... AND BD PUBLIC WON'T LET IT GO THAT EASY THIS TIME... Remember the booing... Sujon hasnt done much to change his public image after the Eng Tour...
Old December 29, 2003, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

How about Javed Omar... I know he is injured, but when he recovers?
Old December 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
Street Cricketer

i ave said all along n still tink dat Rafique is da best man for the role.

F***** ur international media....... any dummy can do dat. Wot we need is a motivational captain. Someone dat can lead by example wen it comes to playin the game.
Only Rafique and Bashar have proven this, however Bashar is too quiet for this role and like da brudder said, it may cause a downfall in his performance.

Rafique is jus too bad.

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by chinaman : Moderation. Watch your language, dude.]
Old December 30, 2003, 11:17 PM
First BC Member

I think that somebody pointed out to me in another thread earlier in the month that Rafique is somebody who hasn't had much of an education - that's why Rafique being the captain is not an ideal option - not his English. If Rafique is keen enough, I am sure he has learnt enough English by now to talk with the International media even if he doesn't know A, B, C - because he has been playing for Bangladesh at the International level for many years now and has had to contact with coaches, physios in English.

And I am repeating myself, both Mushfique and Hannan are just TOO YOUNG to be made the Bangladesh captain. But they're exactly at the right age to be the vice captain of the team. In particular, right now, we haven't seen Mushfique on bouncy, greenish pitches, so we still don't know if he has improved on that area of his game. Besides, like Mashrafee, getting injured once in a while seem to be a habit for Mushfique too. He could not go with the Bangladesh 'A' team to Kenya in the year 2002 for his injury.

Mushfique has been to Zimbabwe and South Africa before, his batting was not so good over there. Remember, that South Africa tour was a disaster for us when we scored 57 and 51 all out in 2 One Day games. Mushfique was probably involved in both of those games.
Old December 31, 2003, 01:25 PM
Street Cricketer

i don't c da point of changin our vice captain.

leave Bashar in dat position.

Lets face it... if Rafique was made captain, by the time he retires, tis most definate dat Nafees Iqbal will take ova da captaincy.

I know we aint ceen much of da geezer at int. level... but once he's in da team tis more den likely he will be captain.
Old December 31, 2003, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafees is too young... wat r u talkn about?!!!
Old January 1, 2004, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Rafique is the right choice to be made our captain. Paki captain Inzamam sucks with his english, so who cares as long as they perform good in test/ODI arena. I admit that a captain needs to interact in english with his foreign coach, physio or international media. I don't think Rafique have had hard time to communicate with our coach or physio. As for the media, it is less important as long as the team performs good under his captaincy. Bashar should be left as a captain since he is the only gem in our batting line-up. We shouldn't put more burden on his neck to have his batting detoriorate. Who else then will be the captain, if not Rafique? I don't consider any other choice.
Old January 1, 2004, 05:40 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think mushfiq is in captain queue. Dav has more faith in this guy. His batting is 100 times better than Mahmud. But bowling may not be as good, but better than Mahmud at least. I don't see any other genuine candidate. Bashar isn't too commanding, Rafiq isn't leader type either, Hannan needs more time, and rest are just too young.
Old January 1, 2004, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Default I saw Mahmud\'s name in preliminary squad!!

I guess Mahmud again!! But I don't know how much it will be justfiable to make him..We need a lot frm him as an all rounder for the team.
Old January 1, 2004, 12:30 PM
Street Cricketer

hasib,

if u read me post PROPERLY... maybe u be able to see dat I MENTION HIM AS A FUTURE CAPTAIN (4-6yrs time). Not present.

Reason i say dat is cos he has previously captained da under19 or 17 in major tournaments and he speaks good english.