facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Bangladesh to participate Duleep Trophy

The dates of this season's Duleep Trophy tournament, which will feature Bangladesh besides the five zonal teams, have been advanced by ten days and it would now be held from February 15-March 12, the Cricket Board announced today.
The tournament dates have been brought forward "in order to give the Indian players better exposure to the longer version of the game prior to the Test matches against Pakistan," BCCI Joint Secretary Ratnakar Shetty said in a press release here.

Revised Duleep Trophy schedule is:

Feb 15-18: North Zone v West Zone, Kanpur; East Zone v Central Zone, Bikaner.

Feb 22-25: West Zone v South Zone, Kanpur; East Zone v Bangladesh, Nagpur.

Mar 1-4: North Zone v South Zone, Indore; Central Zone v Bangladesh, Jaipur.

Mar 8-12: Final, Nagpur. PTI

ptinews

Old January 6, 2005, 01:37 PM
Test Cricketer

It's a great opportunity for BD. Our player should play this kind of longer viersion of the game. It looks like Indian national players are going to play in the trophy. I think the National players of BD should participat in this tournament not the 2nd level players.
Old January 6, 2005, 01:45 PM
BC Editorial Team

Very lopsided draw. East and Central are far too weak.

I would have liked to see BD play West or South. South has probably the strongest batting lineup for Indian conditions. West may have Pathan - Zaheer - Agarkar - Powar as its bowlers, and SRT.
Old January 6, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Thanks Fazal for digging this up.

Its a great opportunity for BD.

Those Indian umpires are notorious. We will get a lot of LBWs. Nevertheless.
Old January 6, 2005, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

y r welcome pc.

For tintin, you will get your wish when Bangladesh playsagainst South or West in the final!

Old January 6, 2005, 02:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

yeah its a great great opportunity for Bangladesh.. thx BCCI
& BD national team should participate not A team.
Old January 6, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I do not think BD national team should particiipate in these kind of tournaments. I like to see the team with promising players (Nafees, Shamsur, Rajib, Wasel, Enam jr, ..) and 2/3 test players who are not playing current test series agains Zimbo (Alok, Rokon, Tusher, ...). Even selector can try Durjoy in this tournament.
Old January 6, 2005, 02:24 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
I do not think BD national team should particiipate in these kind of tournaments. I like to see the team with promising players (Nafees, Shamsur, Rajib, Wasel, Enam jr, ..) and 2/3 test players who are not playing current test series agains Zimbo (Alok, Rokon, Tusher, ...). Even selector can try Durjoy in this tournament.
Agreed! Focusing on future! a team consist of young players should get the chance to play there! but we should make the team compettive enough so they feel neck to neck if not better!
Old January 6, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Even selector can try Durjoy in this tournament.
Durjoy is dead for National level, please accept it. He's not coming back. He has joined club of "Former National Cricketer" permanently.
Old January 6, 2005, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tintin
Very lopsided draw. East and Central are far too weak.

I would have liked to see BD play West or South. South has probably the strongest batting lineup for Indian conditions. West may have Pathan - Zaheer - Agarkar - Powar as its bowlers, and SRT.
This is a try of Jaguda to take East to the final but probably made a mistake by underestimating us!!
Old January 6, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

This is such a good idea for Bangladesh cricket.

National sides play provincial sides all the time - they just usually do it as warmup games before Test matches.

Given the dearth of first-class experience Bangladeshi cricketers get, two first-class games is nothing to be sneezed at.

I can easily imagine someone like Javed Omar (who can bat, he just needs some time in the middle to find some form) turning his form around with a big hundred against Provincial opposition.

Ian Whitchurch
Old January 6, 2005, 06:17 PM
Club Cricketer

I really don't like the way Durjoy behaves.
Country should be first no matter what.
Think about what has been done to Rafiq over the last few years.
Still he played with a smiling face for the sake of the country.
And Durjoy acts like someone has to ask for forgiveness from him on a national tv before he decides to come back.
I think we can live without players who are so much sentimental.
Its not a kids game.
Old January 6, 2005, 06:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Bangladesh should send their A team.
Old January 6, 2005, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Arafath,

Nope. Two reasons

Number One : Compare the number of first-class games played by Bangladesh Test players against those of anyone else.

You've got too many young players without enough first-class experience.

Number Two : Bangladesh dont get a lot of practice at winning. Knowing you've chased 220 on the last day to win, or that you've bowled a side out on the last day with 220 runs in the bank, is a good thing to know.

It's even better if you know that you've beaten good sides - and if there wont be a lot of players in the Duleep Trophy that have never been considered for the Indian side.

Ian Whitchurch
Old January 6, 2005, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is just rubbish regarding Naimur Rahman.We dont need sentimental players like him.Enough is Enough.Now its prime that BCCB take care for the young guns like Nafis,Aftab,Enamul(Jr),Shamsur,Rajib,Wasel and many more who are knocking at the door!
Old January 6, 2005, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think most of you forgot the insult Naimur received from BCB. In the middle of the series, he was sacked, which was a world news, and a huge insult.

To top that the cheif selector, (Forgot his name, aynul/mainul something) said, "Durjoy kono bowler e na, amio or moto bowl korte pari".
Old January 6, 2005, 08:16 PM
Street Cricketer

ohh come on! he was the worst performer at that time. now that he can bat again doesn't mean that he was good enough to be in that team at that point! He was given chance after chances! And it was so irritating that we had sack him even from the team bcos of his performance! Anyway... now that he got his things straightened up. if he wants he can play but its so unnecessary beg his service for the country! The country has spent enough after him to make him the national captain. He couldn't even take the presure of leading a side that no one expected to win any! He was a worthless at one point! If you followed him during those days u'll say the same thing and his act these days would not surprise you. Now that we have more options we should treat all the players same and fair! There are so many players willing too give everything for the national pride!
Old January 6, 2005, 08:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

First I heard about this ......it will be good for the team ... I think we should have a squad of 15 players each getting their chnaces
Old January 7, 2005, 01:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

It is a great opportunity for the Bangladesh players to compete against teams of comparable strength. The national team of Bangladesh should participate in the tournament. If Bangladesh sends their second string to this tournament then the very purpose of participation in this tournament will be defeated.

Bangladesh national players need to gain the experience and feel of competing against teams of the standard that they will face in this tournament. Although Bangladesh is clubbed in the weaker group, I think even the weakest team of this tournament is stronger than Zimbabwe.