facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 7, 2011, 10:15 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
How is turning wickets 'less sporting' than pacer friendly ones? You don't have reliable enough pacers to go with 3 pacers. Shafiul is probably the best one and even he's not consistent enough.

BTW you did go with 4 seamers yesterday. And the most economical bowler was a part timer.
Green Tops are equally as bad as dust bowls. A sporting wicket is where there is consistent bounce for the batsman to play strokes and enough juice on the wicket for bowlers with skill to have an impact with the new ball. What we prepare these days are pitches which doesn't allow stroke making at all thus narrowing the gap between Roqibul and Ponting (one can't score quickly, while the other won't be able to score quickly because of the pitch)
I think its a good strategy!

Old April 7, 2011, 11:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

I went to GPC for the 4th time this morning and they informed that they will start distributing after 11:00 AM. May be my 5th time visit bring some success. :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Ticket selling is a mess! Yesterday morning I contacted with their help line and they informed that "It will be available from today (Yesterday)". I went to them yesterday and they suggested to buy it using mobicash. After some investigation, I found that mobicash can't be refilled via usual Flexi load. So, I had to go their GPC again to refill. After numerous attempts , having got tons of exception, I could manage to buy e-ticket. In the SMS they informed that, "Collect the hard copy before 7:00 PM, Friday". So, I went their GPC today, and to my utter dismay, they informed me to come after 3:00 PM and trying to argue that It is supposed to give within Friday, so the time hasn't come. I am feeling so down now, went 3 times to GPC and yet to get it in my hand :-(
Old April 7, 2011, 11:06 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

^^^ hats off for the determination and spirit dude... u guys r the real fans of bd cricket... i would have probably given up long time before
Old April 7, 2011, 11:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Damn you are really determined to get these tickets. Hat's off to you guys. When you guys go to the ticket window, did you guys talk to the same person every time or is it a different person always saying something different? Also did they even bother to say sorry once?
Old April 8, 2011, 12:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Damn you are really determined to get these tickets. Hat's off to you guys. When you guys go to the ticket window, did you guys talk to the same person every time or is it a different person always saying something different? Also did they even bother to say sorry once?
No, not exactly the same person. None said sorry, I am always bemused by their counter logic. Actually, I thought GP would manage it better as they are a well structured company. I guess they haven't taken it seriously and out of focus. Actually, when people break glasses and act insane, we all shout. But, what I could feel that they react at times with the because of unnprofessionalism of our service providers. Anyway, I should not tell this out here, time is ticking, let me go to GPC again.

NB: I have an observation from the people around of me. I saw most of my friends, don't go to buy ticket. They always try to collect using links. You, know, somehow you can manage someone with the authority to provide ticket. I can, too and everybody can find one. People are relying on links more and more day by day rather trying it themselves. This scenario, left some poor fella who go by themselves to collect tickets using normal procedure and are suffering!
Old April 8, 2011, 01:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Mashrafee is a bigger drama queen than Rakibul. Ei khelbo ei khelbo na... Ei gula ki. If he doesn't want to play now, why did he want to play for WC?
Old April 8, 2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Razab bhai

Hom is new. Nothing can be judged by one practice match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
The previous comments were made BEFORE the match not after... the results from the match just confirms the fears
Hom was out by the umpire, not by the bowler!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...08/news/145131
Old April 8, 2011, 02:21 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^^^
Quote:
রকিবুলের ব্যাটও তা বলছে। ১২ রানে দুই ওপেনার বিদায় নিলে মাইশুকুর আর তাঁর ১৪৯ রানের তৃতীয় উইকেট জুটিতেই ঘুরে দাঁড়িয়েছিল বিসিবি একাদশ। হেস্টিংসের ‘কুড়িয়ে পাওয়া’ হ্যাটট্রিকের কারণে অবশ্য তার পরও লাভ হয়নি।
প্রথম দুই উইকেট দ্রুত পড়ে যাওয়াতেই বিসিবি একাদশের রানটা কম হয়েছে বলে ধারণা রকিবুলের। তার পরও প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ হিসেবে নিজেদের পারফরম্যান্সে খুব বেশি হতাশ নন বিসিবি একাদশ অধিনায়ক, ‘অলক ভাই আর শুভর (শুভাগত) ব্যাড লাক। নইলে আমরা ভালোই খেলেছি।
this is why rokibul is the fav player of JS...jemon guru tamon sisho
Old April 8, 2011, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
How is turning wickets 'less sporting' than pacer friendly ones? You don't have reliable enough pacers to go with 3 pacers. Shafiul is probably the best one and even he's not consistent enough.

BTW you did go with 4 seamers yesterday. And the most economical bowler was a part timer.
Exactly. We should play our best 4 bowlers+shakib. Right now, no more than 2 pacers can be part of the top 4. When they are, they will be considered. Just because one is a pacer, doesn't mean you get a chance in the team.
Australia/west indies/South Africa dominated world cricket with all pace attack, what's the harm if we do the same with spinners? Once we have good enough pacers, we will play 4 pacers if needed.
Old April 8, 2011, 03:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I think Hom will play and Alok will be left out.

If Mash doesn't want to play he should immediately be replaced in the squad. Nazmul is supposed to be standby, but why not have Shahadat in the squad too? I find it bizarre that shahadat is neither with the A team in SA nor played for the BCB XI yesterday...
Old April 8, 2011, 05:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:

Don't get me wrong. I do want our team to win. But the only way a bowler can learn to take wickets is by playing. Especially a pacer. Nazmul or Shahadat should've been groomed as 3rd pacer. Nazmul should've been picked for this series and should've played every game.

Our spinners are containment type other than Shakib. Moreover, all SLAs. Its like a net practice for every team after the first few overs.

I understand a green top is not the only sporting type of wicket. But pacers should have plenty of chances to take wickets on a sporting wicket as well. Sri Lankan pitches are sporting. Indian ones not as much.

Having said that, I will jump for joy if we win the series..at least one win...
Old April 8, 2011, 07:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

It is about time we started developing the habit of playing with 3 pacers, if we want to become a force in world cricket in the long run. Even India always prefers to play with three pacers. And also, the pitches that are prepared in Bangladesh are not even spinning wickets. They are just slow, low and lifeless wickets which are suitable for neither batting nor bowling.
Old April 8, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/509970.html
Bangladesh have made a few changes from their World Cup squad as well, and they should be boosted by the inclusion of Mashrafe Mortaza, who missed the tournament due to a knee injury. Alok Kapali is also back, although it is unclear whether he will definitely play, while Junaid Siddique and Naeem Islam have been dropped from the side that lost to South Africa.

Bangladesh (possible) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Alok Kapali, 4 Shahriar Nafees, 5 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 6 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Shafiul Islam, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Rubel Hossain.
Old April 8, 2011, 09:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

So, looks like I won't be going to the game tomorrow.. What a shame... The ticket fiasco really put me off

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 8, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Don't get me wrong. I do want our team to win. But the only way a bowler can learn to take wickets is by playing. Especially a pacer. Nazmul or Shahadat should've been groomed as 3rd pacer. Nazmul should've been picked for this series and should've played every game.

Our spinners are containment type other than Shakib. Moreover, all SLAs. Its like a net practice for every team after the first few overs.

I understand a green top is not the only sporting type of wicket. But pacers should have plenty of chances to take wickets on a sporting wicket as well. Sri Lankan pitches are sporting. Indian ones not as much.

Having said that, I will jump for joy if we win the series..at least one win...
I disagree. What do you mean groomed? Shahadat is highly erratic and should stick to tests. Nazmul is decent, but he's containment type of bowler, who has good slower balls etc. Shafiul can swing the ball both ways and Rubel gets the ball to reverse at good pace. So I would say just stick with the team. Let the 2 pacers be reliable enough, then lets think about the 3rd.

And the spinners being containment type, well that's exactly how you won many matches - by choking them in the middle overs. It's not necessary that you need many wicket taking spinners in ODIs. You have got other things to worry about.

And finally about SL, in SL the ball swings because of the conditions. And it's almost a win-the-toss-win-the-game kind of pitches there. Hardly sporting imo.
Old April 8, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/509970.html
Bangladesh have made a few changes from their World Cup squad as well, and they should be boosted by the inclusion of Mashrafe Mortaza, who missed the tournament due to a knee injury. Alok Kapali is also back, although it is unclear whether he will definitely play, while Junaid Siddique and Naeem Islam have been dropped from the side that lost to South Africa.

Bangladesh (possible) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Alok Kapali, 4 Shahriar Nafees, 5 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 6 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Shafiul Islam, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Rubel Hossain.
cricinfo normally gets these pridiction of team Wrong ..................

no way kapali will bat at 3.
Old April 8, 2011, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
cricinfo normally gets these pridiction of team Wrong ..................

no way kapali will bat at 3.
To be fair enough Maximum time they make it right.Some time they are wrong.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 8, 2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

My team xI

tamim
imrul
naffes[no choice]
roqibul [shuvogoto hom faltu hope]
shakib
musy
riad
shuvo [left arm spin,,,,plus alok er moto 200 pound bum na]
razzak
shafiul
rubel....i guess this is it.
Old April 8, 2011, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i am going tomorrow!!!i am so excited!!!
Old April 8, 2011, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i am going tomorrow!!!i am so excited!!!
i am going too, though still did not get ticket, have to buy it early in the morning
Old April 8, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

এই ঠাটা গরমে কোন পাগল স্টেডিয়ামে গিয়ে খেলা দেখবে?

:একটি আঙ্গুর ফল টক তত্ত্ব
Old April 8, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

Fojorer namaj poire Mirpur choile ashen ......... then Gorome khela dekhlam. bashay to loadshedding e emniteu current thakbe na
Old April 8, 2011, 12:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I have already abandoned my plan to be there...
Day night match hole try martam...whole family niye morning e ticket chara mathe giye shobai ke dar koriye line e dariye ticket kete then stadium e jawar kono mane dekhina..
Eka hole chole jetam... but not with wife,sis, sis in law and little cousin brother.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Banglawash coming for Australians, BD team will crush this weak Australian team easily, expect wins by huge margin
Old April 8, 2011, 01:09 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

হা হা হা। ভালো বলেছেন গো দাদা।:P(courtesy:bk da)