facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Our players not getting picked for IPL doesn't bother me, bc I don't care for it. It doesn't justify how good/bad we're, so don't let it be that way.

Sure there may be some "conspiracy" behind it, Ind wants to show who is in charge (considering how well their team is doing, this might be the only way left for them to dominate), but the way I like to look at it is, Zims have better 20/20 players and we shouldnt feel jealous. It's good that they will earn some handy cash. Our players are always under rated bc of the tag "Bangladesh." We should know how it feels. Just bc they are Zimbabweans doesn't make them less of a candidate automatically.

If we wanna do somethin about it, as always, we should move our asses up to top 5. That will ans all the qs.
Agreed on the highlighted part...and inshAllah, someday we'll get there (may be in 5-10 years)! Plus we've our very own BPL T20 League now and it's going to be broadcasted worldwide.

Last edited by idrinkh2O; January 31, 2012 at 01:30 PM..

Old January 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Not 'lame' at all. IPL may not be the sole reason but it’s one of the main reasons. BCCI's first priority is IPL now whereas for CA its still the test cricket. BBL took place in parallel with the aus-india test series. None of the test players complained. Can you imagine the same happening in India? Current & previous Australian captains deciding not to play any form of T20 also sends a message across.
The excessive emphasize on IPL or short form cricket caused other long term damages to longer version cricket in India- IPL is played on slow, low batting pitches for crowd pleasing because more runs mean more crowd. As a result Indian batsmen (specially the younger ones) are so vulnerable while playing in the bowling friendly conditions. Remember how Indian young, explosive batting stars failed in the year IPL moved to South Africa and also in t20 world cup in England?
And there is that obvious money factor. Performing young cricketers are brought into IPL at early stages of their career. The bling blang of money shifts their main focus from playing test cricket for their country to attracting higher bid in next year’s auction.
I hate that now-a-days every single of our series starts with a t20 match. This has to interrupt the preparation for the test matches. T20s should be played at the end of the series (to give the players and fans a chance to recover from the thrashing they just took in the test matches.)

So yeah, IPL (the who runs it) is to blame, unlike BBL.
Good post firstlane and I hear what you're saying. So BCCI should be at fault here. I would say there are much deeper problems however then just the IPL.

The pitches and the grassroots level are to be blamed. That's really the main problem. The Indians after all these years continue to look so amateurish against the short and moving balls. It just shows that BCCI doesn't care about addressing this issue at all. If they want to improve in all parts of the game then the pitches have got to change. I mean look at how bad India did even in the shorter formats of the game in England. Also the batsmen need to taught at an earlier stage of how to play different types of pace. So that in my opinion should be the main focus for BCCI.
Old January 31, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Riyad? IPL? T20? LMAO!
Old January 31, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Not 'lame' at all. IPL may not be the sole reason but it’s one of the main reasons. BCCI's first priority is IPL now whereas for CA its still the test cricket. BBL took place in parallel with the aus-india test series. None of the test players complained. Can you imagine the same happening in India? Current & previous Australian captains deciding not to play any form of T20 also sends a message across.
The excessive emphasize on IPL or short form cricket caused other long term damages to longer version cricket in India- IPL is played on slow, low batting pitches for crowd pleasing because more runs mean more crowd. As a result Indian batsmen (specially the younger ones) are so vulnerable while playing in the bowling friendly conditions. Remember how Indian young, explosive batting stars failed in the year IPL moved to South Africa and also in t20 world cup in England?
And there is that obvious money factor. Performing young cricketers are brought into IPL at early stages of their career. The bling blang of money shifts their main focus from playing test cricket for their country to attracting higher bid in next year’s auction.
I hate that now-a-days every single of our series starts with a t20 match. This has to interrupt the preparation for the test matches. T20s should be played at the end of the series (to give the players and fans a chance to recover from the thrashing they just took in the test matches.)

So yeah, IPL (the who runs it) is to blame, unlike BBL.
I agree . Never liked IPL and I don't think I ever will.
Old January 31, 2012, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
BCCI did not allow any Indian in BPL! They never hosted BD and don't have any plan in future...

The only way to answer this is to beat them at any cost next time we meet....

What Tamim should do is put a reserve of $1 million. Otherwise don't even bother with IPL
Old January 31, 2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
What Tamim should do is put a reserve of $1 million. Otherwise don't even bother with IPL
Well, TI needs a boost...IPL might turn out to be good to get his confidence back.
Old January 31, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Some of you are thinking from your own perspective and ego standpoint. A player not getting selected for IPL may not bother you but it does bother the players..Its their grand stage to show their skills, hang out with world class players, practice with superior facisilities and be in the spotlight. Not to mention the money that comes with it.

Bangladeshi players not being selected doesnt bother me either. Because its pretty obvious that there is a bias against Bangladeshi players. But what BCB has done is superb.. they have now created a parallel to IPL that is bound to be as colorful and successful with the players that it attracted (thanks to IPL ban for Pakistani players and whimsical West Indians).

Bangladesh doesnt have any records of being successful with T20 and no players have any enviable stats. Zimbabwe does have their own successful T20 tournaments for few years in a row. They have had coaches like Alan Donald, Jason Gillespie, Marsh etc. who also trained those franchises... This definitely helped getting more Zimbabweans included in the auction list. And I bet there will be more players next year's IPL once our players show their skills and its broadcasted across the globe.

Again, I personally dont care about IPL and probably wont either because I cannot associate with this hetergenous players, too much commercialization, moronic Bollywood involvement that IPL brings. But for Bangladeshi players, playing at a IPLteam is still a recognition that eludes them.
Old January 31, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i really don't give a rat's @$$ about this tournament
Old February 4, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Tamim Iqbal UNSOLD!!
Old February 4, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Tamim Iqbal UNSOLD!!
It was expected i guess
Old February 4, 2012, 01:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

11:42
George Binoy:
There's no bid for Tamim Iqbal. Unsold.

George Binoy:
The first one under the hammer is Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal. Base price $50,000.

CI

--------
Well, we've our BPL now. I sure hope in 5 years our BPL will crush IPL into...
Old February 4, 2012, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
George Binoy:
There's no bid for Tamim Iqbal. Unsold.

George Binoy:
The first one under the hammer is Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal. Base price $50,000.

CI

--------
Well, we've our BPL now. I sure hope in 5 years our BPL will crush IPL into...
As expected !! Tamim's poor form and the politics of IPL vs BPL are the reasons ..
Old February 4, 2012, 01:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Very expected outcome.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 4, 2012, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont care too much if our players playing in IPL or not. We have our own T20 tournament now and it is enough for me
Old February 4, 2012, 02:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Sunil Narine the windies spin bowler was bought for $700000k by KKR...does this means Shakib will now get less chance to play?
Old February 4, 2012, 02:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

lol...those idiots bought someone called naraine for 700k...
Old February 4, 2012, 04:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
lol...those idiots bought someone called naraine for 700k...
CLT20 find..like pollard..if our BPL champion team is allowed to play in the CLT20 and if any of our players can make that impact big paycheck will come
Old February 4, 2012, 04:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
I dont care too much if our players playing in IPL or not. We have our own T20 tournament now and it is enough for me
Exactly.
Too busy at the moment with BPL.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 4, 2012, 08:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

i warned earlier but my comments were erased. I told don't get exited with this ipl. Hate it Hate it. We've our own premiere league now. Let's show what 20crores people can do. They will never accept us in a good position in any sector.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 4, 2012, 09:20 AM

None of proposed BD player deserve to be in IPL, lets suck it up that reality and move on.
Old February 4, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
i warned earlier but my comments were erased. I told don't get exited with this ipl. Hate it Hate it. We've our own premiere league now. Let's show what 20crores people can do. They will never accept us in a good position in any sector.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Agree . We should be happy that BCB has taken such a initiative to organise BPL so we dont have to wait till our players get picked in IPL.Indians are such a narrow minded people. They dont want other countries host big T20 tournaments. They forced SLPl to be suspended. They wanted to do the same by not allowing indian players in BPL . Our passion for cricket made it possible which SL could not.
Old February 4, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

not surprised at all
Old February 4, 2012, 09:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

So no one thought Tamim was worth even $50k? Where is that businessman who personally guaranteed Tamim that he'll play? Knowing how desperate he is to play in the IPL, I'm glad he didn't get a team after having such a sh!tty year. Hopefully this brings his ego down a notch.

It'll be tough for Shakib this year. KKR bought McCullum. And from what I remember KKR's local keeper wasn't that good last year so McCullum's pretty much going to be a regular in the playing XI. And they also bought yet another spinner. Shakib's batting has to make a difference this time if he is to play regularly.
Old February 4, 2012, 11:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hell with IPL!!
It is an arrogant entity with tons of money.
Old February 4, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
not surprised at all
Same here.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)