facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 12, 2003, 08:03 PM
Banned

The discussion is around his place in the batting order !

Old April 12, 2003, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Yes, yes, you've beaten that point to death !
Well that’s because you keep on using cheap shots!!
Quote:
Try something for a change, like substantiating your prophecies with something that even has the slightest hint of pragmatism.
please do likewise!
Quote:
Sitting behind the stumps and watching the best batsmen play their shots - why, all the wkeepers who have roamed the planet since dawn would then have become class A batsmen.
Yes and you seem to think that all the batsmen “who have roamed the planet since dawn” are world class batsmen, And all the wk have ability to learn. Maybe the idea of batting coach is also absurd to you. You seem to think that players can’t learn technique; it’s just the natural ability and determination. Khaled Masud’s batting records of LATE in domestic matches should give you enough clues to his learned talent.
I also think that the batting ability of Gilcrist, Dravid, Sangakkara etc should give you some sense on the advantages of being a wicket keeper. Besides it wasn’t my “observation” that wicket keepers tend to pick up techniques, I actually read that from an interview of some great retired wk cum captain in cricinfo. I forgot his name and thus can’t find the article. While searching, I found this and would like to show you what Gilchrist had to say – he didn’t say anything about batting but please focus on the word POSITION. (no not batting position)
“Adam Gilchrist believes captaincy is easier from behind the stumps than any of the less arduous fielding positions.”
http://old.smh.com.au/news/0108/12/sport/sport6.html
Well, basically from behind the stumps, it’s easier to see everything. You have the view of the batsman – whether it’s the fielding positon, the bowler, or the ball it self. Now what does this have to do with the batting order? Well if Mashud matured to become a somewhat better batsman than he was before and to many extent better than his top order peers – why can’t he move up to the middle order? It’s certainly better than him being not out and running out of partners because to end the last 4 BD tail-enders – all you need is an over. About your argument on Mashud playing the lesser of the front line bowlers, well most of the time Bangladesh doesn’t last long enough to face the 5th or the 6th bowlers. I didn’t understand the analogy with Al-Shahariar, do you have any proofs besides the opinion of this board’s members that Alshariar would have done better down the order in the international level? Your logic seems to be the same as those that you have protested against – “if this didn’t work, then that must have worked”. From your argument, I got an idea: let all our batsmen bat at number 6/7 – then everyone will play good! And we will become champion!!! Hooorraayyyyy!!!