facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old June 24, 2017, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

our forums outlook is very outdated, also banners are way old. yes also banning members should be justified on points merit.

Old June 24, 2017, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

What the hell, how did we get from improving BC to a political **** fest, conversations on BC take a u-turn any minute!
Old June 24, 2017, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Start a politics Section, it will be a hit instantly
Old June 24, 2017, 03:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
No desire to impress someone with your level of IQ ...

Learn to take a compliment ... most of ur posts reeks and shows lack of thinking ... but u can remain happy in ur bubble
I am sorry..i lied. I am not waiting for any of your 3rd class posts. Only time i do respond is when you quote me. With intellectual posts like how much is Isam's salary and how women should cook for you, i am glad we have nothing in common. I like engaging with people having at least some level of knowledge and education. I am sorry but you dont fit either category. Maybe your IQ is very good but it is overshadowed by a profound lack of class which you demonstrate on every issue. Hope someday you will grow out of the "immature and unemployed cyber bully" persona and behave like a senior member in the forum. I am not Zeeshan that you can bully into leaving the forum. Eid Mubarak.
Old June 24, 2017, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Where are the admins, they are rarely online, if they are so disconnected with the site, pass the administration onto some of the mods who are online more often, preferably tonoy or NW, just my two cents.
Old June 24, 2017, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

A bit of creativeness by the posters I guess,
Not just cricket but this room too,my country town thread was going at a roaring pace,all things we can learn.All things good.
I would be interested to hear about the hidden sheik,sounds an interesting topic.ALso we christians believe in an end time so do Muslims would be interested to hear about it.
Old June 24, 2017, 05:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yeah, also create a whole new sub-section for Personal Ads...Looking for Love/Marriage/Dating(Idumb moderator)...Ghotkali (Patri Chai - Patro Chai)Auntu Moderator...Divorce Advice (idumb moderator) etc. section.

Would also benefit many members.
Old June 24, 2017, 06:06 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

BK bhai sorry to be a buzzkill but amader forum er jei gender balance taate looking for love is destined to fail unless you are into men
Old June 24, 2017, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Really? F-U and not even a warning?
I would be very surprised if they didn't receive a warning. But it seems more relaxed - so probably not.
Old June 24, 2017, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

This thread was about finding good way's to make BC active

Not a fight between some members vs. Mods..
Old June 24, 2017, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

BC has turned into the streets of Iraq, the situation shifts very rapidly. Your cruising along, enjoying the thoughtful posts then BAM, some wise guy decides to bring in the age old BD V Pak war topic and bring cancer to the thread.
Old June 24, 2017, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Biryani eating contest

Biryani cooking contest
Old June 24, 2017, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

BC during non cricketing months is like a post apocalyptic wasteland
Old June 24, 2017, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Biryani eating contest

Biryani cooking contest
We have the Biryani thread - it should be a hit.. tomorrow?

As it's Eid = expect people to have lot of Biryani?
Old June 24, 2017, 08:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
BC during non cricketing months is like a post apocalyptic wasteland
There are tons of cricket going on at the moment.

I would like for everyone to follow them so we can become more aware of players other teams.

Adding to our cricket knowledge and so on and so forth. ...

Or join the online game, Fromthepavilion and we can arrange a few friendlies against each other....
Old June 24, 2017, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
There are tons of cricket going on at the moment.

I would like for everyone to follow them so we can become more aware of players other teams.

Adding to our cricket knowledge and so on and so forth. ...

Or join the online game, Fromthepavilion and we can arrange a few friendlies against each other....
Those who don't know what Fromthepavillion is should register and find out.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org

A short summary:

From the Pavilion is an online tactical cricket management game that is completely free to play.

Both me and Aklemap and other BC members have a team: check our friendly match results: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=47998
Old June 24, 2017, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. This speed issue when match is going on.

Back in the days, we didn't have live TV channels broadcasting our matches. So this was the place to get chorai link. jom jo mat adda. Now we watch the games live. If you want the forum to be lively then game day experience must improve. Amar ki dorkar asey forum'e eshey page load kortey pari na.

2. 50/100 post minimum before you can open a thread. Gets some trolls to be more motivated and work for it.

3. Members not being "full of themselves". It is okay trying to prove yourself but that is not final goal here. If I think Mushfique is not the best WKer batsman and there are others who can do the job better, I will put forth my reasoning. Not just say I am right and you are wrong. Your mother is...

4. You can argue, disagree without attacking the person/poster. Yes, really, it is possible. This is tied to respecting a human being as a human being. Doesn't matter if he/she is from a different cast, class, religion, country.

5. Finally, RECOGNIZE the trolls. DO NOT engage. DO NOT Quote. Ignore their post. They will go away on there own if no one feeds them. If they talk bad about Mash, Mash doesn't become that. Try to have a thick skin.

Thank you Mods.

The only reason 2005 - 2009 was great because we respected each other even though we disagreed most of the time. Keyboard warriors weren't as vicious and mean like today. May be social media has to be blamed for the harshness we face (online bulling attitude).

Guess how many times I was banned? Naah, that is an easy answer. Guess how many times I was warned?
Old June 24, 2017, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Back in the days, we didn't have live TV channels broadcasting our matches. So this was the place to get chorai link. jom jo mat adda. Now we watch the games live. If you want the forum to be lively then game day experience must improve. Amar ki dorkar asey forum'e eshey page load kortey pari na.
This was the main reason behind me creating a BC WhatsApp Group - I identified that on match day, its very slow and difficult. I hope the upgrade happens very soon.

Quote:
The only reason 2005 - 2009 was great because we respected each other even though we disagreed most of the time. Keyboard warriors weren't as vicious and mean like today. May be social media has to be blamed for the harshness we face (online bulling attitude).
That was the Golden Era. People use to love coming to BC. I dislike the fact that there are some members who keep on going after other members, I give you an example. Dilscoop left this forum as members such as (Idumb, Mufi) kept on making silly jokes about him, others also joined in. Lets talk about Zeeshan, Idumb literally bullies him and bechara has no answers, hence takes a long break from BC. If you look and analyse the trend of members leaving, you often find this same members I listed above were involved in some kind of argument with them.

Maybe it's time for all members to know who they should be careful about?
Old June 24, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

^ i like idumb. And I LOVE MUFI. How come in so many years (Orphy joined in 2002), I never had any run ins with him. That is a flawed logic. If you can't take joke, then that means you don't have a thick skin. idumb is smart enough to survive this long. The others are not.

Of course I miss those who you have mentioned. Commish was good for this forum. Zee is essential.
Old June 24, 2017, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
^ i like idumb. And I LOVE MUFI. How come in so many years (Orphy joined in 2002), I never had any run ins with him. That is a flawed logic. If you can't take joke, then that means you don't have a thick skin. idumb is smart enough to survive this long. The others are not.

Of course I miss those who you have mentioned. Commish was good for this forum. Zee is essential.
Bhia you have great level of patience and tolerance - you can't expect everyone to have the same.

Orphy has a history of going after people (just ask the mods) why he left the orphy account - he angered a lot of people. I have no issues with both, but sometimes it creates a bad environment.

You can't go after people directly or indirectly and incite them to respond in a manner that they get banned. You know you are very intelligent and smart than others, and can easily engage the other user's in such a way that they basically lose their head.. instead of doing this.. why not relax and just leave them alone? This use to be done a lot by Zunaid and Asif back in the day - when some use to make mistake or say something silly - they use to make funny jokes..this way the users felt part of the BC family.
Old June 24, 2017, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

BanglaCricket's Got Talent?
Old June 24, 2017, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Here is an old idea.

Forces on the ground. All volunteered. We use to have members who would MAKE time from their busy schedule, go out of their way and conduct an interview (Players, coaches, admin). The questions would be forum members created questions for that individual. There was one time it was live question and answer with Mushfiq and someone else. There are threads burried here somewhere.

If we could only revive that. These are things attract the common fans. To know a little bit more of the players. Their likes, dislikes, how they train. What are their plans. The inside scoop.

Those questions and answers would become front page articles. EXCLUSIVE.
+++
"You build it and they will come."

Aklemalp, "Is this heaven?"
T_E, "No, it is BanglaCricket."
Old June 24, 2017, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Bhia you have great level of patience and tolerance - you can't expect everyone to have the same.

Orphy has a history of going after people (just ask the mods) why he left the orphy account - he angered a lot of people. I have no issues with both, but sometimes it creates a bad environment.

You can't go after people directly or indirectly and incite them to respond in a manner that they get banned. You know you are very intelligent and smart than others, and can easily engage the other user's in such a way that they basically lose their head.. instead of doing this.. why not relax and just leave them alone? This use to be done a lot by Zunaid and Asif back in the day - when some use to make mistake or say something silly - they use to make funny jokes..this way the users felt part of the BC family.
So lacking charismatic leaders seems to be a big reason for BC's decline. Nobody of the stature of Zunaid bhai, or Asif Rahman visit here anymore who used to act as the opinion leaders in the forum, except T_E bhai and Razab bhai. Also, Miraz bhai was so insanely active once upon a time, and same goes for Sohel NR bhai. It's like losing greats like Sanga, Jaya, Ponting, Gilchrist at the same time. Pretty big shoes to fill.
Old June 24, 2017, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
So lacking charismatic leaders seem to be a big reason for BC's decline. Nobody of the stature of Zunaid bhai, or Asif Rahman visit here anymore who used to act as the opinion leaders in the forum, except T_E bhai and Razab bhai. Also, Miraz bhai was so insanely active once upon a time, and same goes for Sohel NR bhai. It's like losing greats like Sanga, Jaya, Ponting, Gilchrist at the same time. Pretty big shoes to fill.
Yeah lol, they were stars man.

Now we have Dhawan's, Rohit, Sarfraz ahmed

I hope one day those greats will return.
Old June 24, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Banglacricket is like West Indies cricket.

We all long for the glory days and forget about the current situation...

I will continue rallying in both areas: Banglacricket and Windies cricket
Closed Thread