facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 30, 2017, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Bangladesh actually has some of the oldest Buddhist archeological sites in the world. If the tourism board had any sense, it would advertise this to the people of neighboring Buddhist countries like Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Bhutan. Not to mention the golden temple in Bandarban.

I read somewhere that BD is the least visited country in the world in terms of tourism. Which is really disheartening, when we have the largest mangrove forest, largest unbroken beach, UNESCO sites.
Advertisement, marketing, general awareness and of course infrastructure are the key my friend, even India underachieved big time in terms of tourism, this one sector I feel has always been neglected, it is so sad to see India not getting a place among the 20 most visited countries in the world considering we have the potential to rank in top 10.

I would personally love to take a trip to BD some day. I am sure similar culture, food and language will make me feel at home. Feudalism thrived in Bengal during the British raj, I believe remnants of those days are still present, I mean "Purono jomidar bari, Mondir, Masjid, dalan kuthi etc etc". I am a sucker for historical ruins and architecture, will surely explore these along with the heritage sites that you mentioned.

Old July 30, 2017, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
War-zone travelling is the latest fad, pumped up teens go to warzones such as Syria,Iraq,North Korea and Gaza to get their kicks of adrenaline.
I think you are hanging around with the very wrong crowd .... run away !
Old August 3, 2017, 08:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

I will go with the countries that I feel very fortunate to visit (most credit goes to my parents). I will start from Bangladesh going West:

Bangladesh, India, UAE, Bahrain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Canada, US, Australia, Malaysia & Thailand

We're planning a vacation in AUS-NZ this December. I'm very excited about Queenstown. We'll see what we can do there with a 2.5 year old.
Old August 3, 2017, 04:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Are you kidding me??? That's amazing. Swimming really is in your blood. You should be very proud of your uncle. In fact, we all should be. Certainly country's one of the most accomplished.
Thank you, Yankees bhaiya! I am very proud of Brojen mama. We all are, you are absolutely right, when he accomplished such a feat, we/he had very little resources and support (in general, you know - the time was very different).
Just in case you may wonder, I come from a very large spread family of inter-faith marriages.

Quote:
Bangladesh actually has some of the oldest Buddhist archeological sites in the world. If the tourism board had any sense, it would advertise this to the people of neighboring Buddhist countries like Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Bhutan. Not to mention the golden temple in Bandarban.

I read somewhere that BD is the least visited country in the world in terms of tourism. Which is really disheartening, when we have the largest mangrove forest, largest unbroken beach, UNESCO sites.
I made a mistake not to mention Bogra- Mahasthangarh is in Shibganj, Bogra.
Paharpur is in Rajshahi, in an area surrounded by red soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1

I would personally love to take a trip to BD some day. I am sure similar culture, food and language will make me feel at home. Feudalism thrived in Bengal during the British raj, I believe remnants of those days are still present, I mean "Purono jomidar bari, Mondir, Masjid, dalan kuthi etc etc". I am a sucker for historical ruins and architecture, will surely explore these along with the heritage sites that you mentioned.
For Yankees bhaiya and Roy uncle - I will open and construct a perfect thread. With details - of Bangladesh historical/archeological building/structures survey. I am an architect and my wife is an archeologist and anthropologist, we will make this thread together as a team.
Old August 3, 2017, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
For Yankees bhaiya and Roy uncle - I will open and construct a perfect thread. With details - of Bangladesh historical/archeological building/structures survey. I am an architect and my wife is an archeologist and anthropologist, we will make this thread together as a team.
Wow!! you surely have a star-studded family BK dada, I'll be waitin for your thread btw.

PS: I am no uncle, I am a youngsta beauty
Old August 3, 2017, 04:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dhanmondi, Eskaton, Shamoli, Mirpur, Mohammadpur, Malibagh, jhigatola, New DOHS, Old DOHS, DOHS baridhara, DOHS Mirpur, Mirpur (very close to the stadium), nakhalpara, NHQ, Banani, Gulshan, Uttara, Farm gate.

That is in the Dhaka city alone. Yes, I stayed at least one night in those places (relatives and inlaws houses).
Old August 3, 2017, 04:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Now this I will be looking forward with anticipation and enthusiasm.

Good Luck BK bhaii!!
Old August 3, 2017, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dhanmondi, Eskaton, Shamoli, Mirpur, Mohammadpur, Malibagh, jhigatola, New DOHS, Old DOHS, DOHS baridhara, DOHS Mirpur, Mirpur (very close to the stadium), nakhalpara, NHQ, Banani, Gulshan, Uttara, Farm gate.

That is in the Dhaka city alone. Yes, I stayed at least one night in those places (relatives and inlaws houses).
That 1st place came up in a movie I recently watch, I thought that it was part of India.