facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2006, 10:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Lets talk about player ratings

To me it seems like many of our players are not rated right. Either they are under rated or they are overrated.

Before I put down my list though, I want to hear from you guys. Who do you think are the overrated players and why.

who do you think are the under rated players and why.
Old March 10, 2006, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

This will create lots of heart-burns for lots of fans...

this my rating... so I am entitle to rate as I wish.... so don't throw chairs at me...

Over Rated
Javed Omar (definitely over rated. I don't know how he survive now a days)
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees (Too early. I hope him well. But not sold yet)
Razzak
Alok (No comments)
Ashraful (even with current form)
Enamul (Hope I am wrong)

Under rated
Bashar (He always gets less credit than what he contibutes to the team)
Tushar (Failure in limted tries is hinding his true potential)
Rana
Shahadat
Aftab (more towards In between... I feel as he settle down, we will see his true value as an allrounder for both ODI and TEST)

In Between
Pilot ( Used to be under rated... but now kind of over rated)
Rafique (under rated as a batsman, over rated as a bowler)
Nafees Iqbal (He need to prove before he is promoted to unter rated)

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 4:16 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: Rajin was twice in the list

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 4:22 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: Added Aftab as requested by Cats_eye...
Old March 10, 2006, 11:12 AM

So Rajin is double over rated? I mean you included him twice
Old March 10, 2006, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
So Rajin is double over rated? I mean you included him twice
I will remove that.:embaressed:
Old March 10, 2006, 11:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

eta ki test na ODI, naki both?

Aftab ki rating pabey? fazal bhai, jokhon edit korben okey add korley kamon hoi?
Old March 10, 2006, 11:21 AM

Yes, test or ODI does not matter. their ratings overall.
Old March 10, 2006, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

bashar: slightly over rated...back to back and 23 overall 50s prove he's statistically our best, but his lean patch before that was hard to endure. plus his attacking style gets us in more trouble than it combats.

ashraful: over rated. with his style of play however it is next to impossible not to over rate him. but he along with aftab and possibly shahriar nagfees are the only ones who can single-handedly win us matches.

aftab: fair

mashud: under rated. yes he had a terrible series, but unlike most, it was an anomaly, at least based on the performances of the last year to 18 months.

JO: highly over rated as spitfire's stats showed us all (and surprised me) about a month back. nuff said

Nafees Iqbal: can't say. he gets out for low scores, but seems set.

Rajin: fair...struggles with the bat at times, but is tough as nails and fields like a demon

Shahriar Nafees: still to early to tell, but he looks the goods. i think he just had one bad series. if he can average 30 in both forms of the game, i will be damn pleased.

Rana: highly under rated...i say highly because tho he lacks talent, he has hardly got any playing time for a host of reasons.

Alok: no judgment as i have never seen the guy play.

Rafiq: under rated...just showed us why.

Enamul: fair...i think he's coming along slowly as a young spinner often does. has 'out-wicketed' rafiq in this series despite going wicketless last series.

Tapash: highly over rated...can't swing the ball, no variation except a slower delivery. i don't understand how people have him and nazmul fighting out russel and rajib for 3rd spot. is a decent wicket taker in ODIs but his test SR is abysmal. was ODI class but never test class. never.

Nazmul: over rated... at this point, i flip coins to see who is a poorer bowler: tapash or nazmul. however, nazmul has youth on his side, and if he can swing the ball consistantly, will be ahead of tapash. currently he is enjoying a fishing trip with talha jubair, tapash, and manjural islam monju.

russell: fair...didn't take as many wickets as he did in SL, but i would much rather have his controlled, swinging bowling at 75 mph than tapash or nazmul waywardness with no movement at 77 mph. bowled i believe it was 5 straight maidens at one point in SL 1st innings T2.

rajib: fair...yes he has single-handedly bowled SL out twice this series a feat surpassed only by Enam against ZIM. but isn't that what we expected from him. people are saying he is fast, but i have yet to find out if he is quicket than the 80-86 mph he debuted at in Lords. only 19 so he can learn more things, art of swing, line and length, etc. if he does, the world better watch out. rather than being bangladesh's munaf patel, rajib may well be on the way to making people say that patel is india's shahadat hossain.

mashrafee: what do you think?
Old March 10, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

JO - ODI: don't have room for him. Test - under rated, will be there at least 2 more years even with the current performance. We don't have anyone better.

NI - Over-rated. Plays unnecessary shots.
SN - Over-rated. Plays unnecessary shots.
Ash - Batting: Over-rated. Plays unnecessary shots. Bowling: under-rated.
Aftab - Batting: Over-rated. Plays unnecessary shots. Bowling: ok.
Bashar - batting: ODI - Over-rated. Plays unnecessary shots. Test - ok. The best we got. Captaincy: Over-rated.
K Masud - Under-rated. The best we got and not appreciated enough.
Rafique - batting - Under-rated. Bowling - ok.
Enam Jr. bowling over-rated.
Mash - ok.
Rasel - under-rated. Not appreciated enough.
Taposh, Alok - Over-rated. 1 and 2 amoung all the over-rated players.
Nazmul, Mushfiq - Too young to make an judgement.
Rajib - Still has lot to learn. Hope this is not his only 5 for in an innings.
Rajin - Under-rated. In-out in-out? what is going on? best fielder we got.
Rana - Under-rated. In-out in-out? what is going on? Even with better performance than so called poster children.
Razzak, Tushar - ok.
Old March 10, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Under-Rated:

Khaled Masud: Most under-rated, "dat thakte dater morjada bujhe jai na "....Pailot na thakle sobai ter pabe....

Bashar: under-rated, he deserves more because he is the most consistent.

Rafique: he deserves much much much more applause. He took 77 wickets in 24 tests....i would compare it taking 77 wickets in 15 tets...because most of the time he dont get chance to bowl at the 2nd innings.

Over-Rated:

Razzak - no comments

Aftab: over - rated, most of you may not agree, but i really think he has a very poor defense and very much vulnerable out-side off stamp.....it can described as that as a test batsman he is over-rated.

Shahriar Nafees: faulty in technique.....

Fair:

Ashraful: I really think he has the potential that all speaks him about.

Nafis Iqbal: anyway, nothing much is said abt him....at least he looks solid in the crease, need to work on concentration level.

THE MOST OVER RATED PLAYER IN THE BD TEAM, MAINLY BY BANGLACRICKET MEMBERS IS MANJARUL ISLAM RANA
Old March 10, 2006, 01:40 PM

Habibul Bashar: Fair. With all his recklessness, defensive attitude and all, he is still the top run scorer, and most successful captain.
Khaled Mashud: Overrated. He was said so many times the best wicketkeeper of Asia. I don’t think so.
Javed Omar: Fair, I’d say. He is not good, and I don’t think he is rated high. He is there simply because, there is no one else to occupy his place.
Mohammad Ashraful: Overrated. OK, he is the most talented player we have. But he is not as good as we think (or we hope).
Aftab Ahmed: Underrated. By no means, he is not so bad that he has to stay out of test team.
Rajin Saleh: I don’t know. I rate him very high, but he is not very highly rated overall, and I am afriad he might prove me wrong.
Alok Kapali: Most overrated player of Bangladesh, ever.
Shahriar Nafees: Overrated. May be he will come big with time. But so far he has not lived up to his rating.
Mohammad Rafique: Highly underrated. If he was able to ball two innings in all the test matches with the kind of field positioning he needs, he would by now be rated as one of the best bowler of the world.
Mashrafe Mortaza: Fair. He is highly rated, and he deserves every bit of that.
Manjural Islam: Most underrated player of current time.
Abdur Razzak:Highly overrated.
Syed Rasel: Fair.
Shahadat Hossain: Overrated. Even with his current performance, he has a lot to learn before becoming a class test bowler.
Enamul Jr: Overrated. One series got him way to high in rating. Hope he can really go there some day. But definitely he is not there yet.
Taposh Baisya: Underrated. I know this might surprise many, but just remember those days when he was physically fit and used to be the only pacer of the country. He is not as bad as you guys think right now.
Nazmul Hossain: Overrated. He is a big disappointment to say the least. Had a good debut, then just lost it.
Nafis Iqbal: Fair. He is going through a bad time. But if he can get some basics taken care of, he will be fine.

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 6:43 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Old March 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Khaled Mashud: Overrated. He was said so many times the best wicketkeeper of Asia. I don’t think so.
dont judge a keeper with his batting ability........if so then Rahul Dravis is the best wicket-keeper ever.
Old March 10, 2006, 01:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Eireee Khocha Khochi Suru Hoiloo...... prepare for someone calling you 'moron', 'cricket illiterate' and then pagol

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 6:52 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old March 10, 2006, 01:53 PM

Voi nai fazal vai, khocha khochi korum na.

just want to say that those days are over where a wicketkeeper is just a wicketkeer. if you look at the ICC ratings of top batsmen, you see a lot of wicket keeper in there. but i see your point.
Old March 10, 2006, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Manjural Islam: Most underrated player of current time.
most under-rated of current time??
one of the overrated statments of current time. he is a kind of player who is called bits n pieces cricketer.....bowl a bit....bat a bit......

I do not know what extra-ordinary performance he has shown that some rate him that much high.

he is not a turner of cricket ball.....he cannot play big innings n dont have powerful shots......even in fielding he has a weak throwing arm.......what is extraordinary in him??

he can be described as a street smart cricekter.....who tries to contrbute being in his limitation......dont have something huge to call him the most under-rated of current time. to be most under-rated he has to be a top bowler or top all-rounder of the side.
Old March 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Followings is for Test Matches

Proper Rated:

Habibul Bashar (Considered the best batsman in BD side which he is.)
Mohammad Ashraful (His talent speaks for his rating. More of a Lara Type rather than Sachin type ... in his good day he can destroy any bowling attack)
Javed Omar (Definitely the best batsman against new ball .... more important than the runs he score .. he sees off the shine of the new ball)
Mohammad Rafique (Considered the best test bowler for BD and deservingly so)
Mashrafe Mortaza (World class talent ... poor fitness .. but properly rated I'd say)

Under Rated:

Khaled Mashud (The unsung consistant performer)
Syed Rasel (Much better bowler than he is rated)
Shahadat Hossain (Much better bowler than he is rated)
Enamul Jr. (Despite his inconsistancy which is many tmes wicket dependent he is a thinking cricketer)
Nazmul Hossain (Deserves to have a spot in National team consistantly)
Taposh Baisya (We have very short memory .. his recent form may be poor but this fellow play cricket whole-heartedly and has the talent to bowl in both form of the game)
Aftab Ahmed (Future allrounder?? ... Maybe not ... but definitely a batting talent)

Over Rated:

Rajin Saleh
Alok Kapali
Shahriar Nafees (Needs more lessons on the basics)
Manjural Islam
Nafis Iqbal
Abdur Razzak