facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Adam Gilcrist or Mark Boucher?
Adam Gilcrist 14 87.50%
Mark Boucher 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2013, 09:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Adam Gilcrist or Mark Boucher?

Two of the greatest wicket keepers of all time undoubtedly

Although Gilcrist was the better batsman of the two, he could give boucher a run for his money with keeping

this two amazing keepers hold all the keeping records available

Who was the best keeper among this two?

Old May 3, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

gilchrist, very underrated with the gloves!
Old May 3, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Gilly..He was under rated as a WK because of his explosive batting.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This is a horrible comparison. Gilly will win hands down. He could win solely based on his character. He was an awesome fella.

It should be Gilly vs that douche of Sangacar or McCullum. Boucher vs Prior.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:02 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This is a horrible comparison. Gilly will win hands down. He could win solely based on his character. He was an awesome fella.

It should be Gilly vs that douche of Sangacar or McCullum. Boucher vs Prior.
actually i was talking about keeping alone, if you include batting then sanga, macullam, AB, etc comes but with only keeping on table these two have all the records
Old May 3, 2013, 02:31 PM
Banned

Gilly wins hands down!
Old May 3, 2013, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

If you are going by just keeping alone, I think they both come out pretty even. Both of them were remarkable behind the stump. That ridiculous record Boucher left behind in test, yeah that might just stay up there forever.
Old May 3, 2013, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Gilly is lot taller, and he jumping up and over, flying to his left and right to stop tall bowlers like Dizzy, Mcgrath, express bowlers like Lee, Tait, Johnson, and one of the greatest spinners of all time.

SA never had a spinner in the life time, so Boucher had it pretty easy. Def not even.
Old May 3, 2013, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

yeah tough to say about boucher with spin as he never had to face up to a real quality one. gilly had warne and macgill two great leggy's, also had to face up to some offies (though they weren't greats obviously) so we have a better view of where gilly rates with spinners. tbh as good as all the records are that boucher has, and he'll be a great becuase of those records, but in terms of glove work i'd say there are quite a number of better glovemen who've played the game, gilly one of them.

i find it really frustrating when people talk down gilly's keeping ability. guys like ian chappell and ian healy, as if healy could ever do what gilly did behind the stumps yet healy considers gilly a not so good keeper and so do many others yet healy is considered a top quality keeper? nah gilly was one of the best glovemen ever, yes EVER i'm saying he's up there with the very best top tier quality keepers of all time. on top of that he's a ridiculously good batsman.
Old May 3, 2013, 06:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Two of the greatest wicket keepers of all time undoubtedly

Although Gilcrist was the better batsman of the two, he could give boucher a run for his money with keeping

this two amazing keepers hold all the keeping records available

Who was the best keeper among this two?
At this stage way after prime he is still deserving attention. Unbelievable. Going to WI to play 20 over league games.

Gilchrist and it is not even close. He is a match Winner and a WINNER.
Old May 3, 2013, 06:46 PM
Cricket Savant

But I tell you, my naked eye says Dujon needs to be in this discussion as well. Pure athlete.
Old May 3, 2013, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Mark Boucher was a solid keeper without a doubt but there is something about Gilly that you have to admire. For his height he was very agile and consistently took really good catches which Boucher wouldn't have been able to do. Gilly would leap all the way to where second slip was just to take a catch.
Old May 3, 2013, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Mark Boucher was a solid keeper without a doubt but there is something about Gilly that you have to admire. For his height he was very agile and consistently took really good catches which Boucher wouldn't have been able to do. Gilly would leap all the way to where second slip was just to take a catch.
not many keepers in the history of the game could cover the sort of distance that gilchrist did and still take the catch, one reason why i place him up there with the best keepers with his batting aside.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cricket Savant

roye ke polle bhaloi to rebel rebel dekha jache

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 3, 2013, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Question is, who would you pick solely as a WK? My answer is Gilly. Not just between Boucher, but from all the current and older bunch.

vs

no pic found.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:51 PM
MLC World Series I

There is Gilchrist. Then there's Boucher. And then, there are the rest. 3 levels..

But MSD will be compared with the two by the time he retires.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Yeah I knew someone was gonna drop that fatass's name soon enough. Great hitter, yes, good captain, yes, but definitely won't pick him as a keeper. He looks ugly behind the wickets, has no lateral movement whatsoever. He has no rhythm and very unorthodox. He doesn't have that routine keepers' flow. But he doesn't drop jollies like Akmal or old Rahim, I'll give you that.
Old May 4, 2013, 12:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i find it really frustrating when people talk down gilly's keeping ability. guys like ian chappell and ian healy, as if healy could ever do what gilly did behind the stumps yet healy considers gilly a not so good keeper and so do many others yet healy is considered a top quality keeper? nah gilly was one of the best glovemen ever, yes EVER i'm saying he's up there with the very best top tier quality keepers of all time. on top of that he's a ridiculously good batsman.
Seriously healy said that??...i consider gilly a better WK then even healy..what was he smoking
Old May 4, 2013, 12:01 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Only ones who could give Gilly run for his money are no longer full-time WKs and therefore shouldn't be considered. McCullum and Sangakkara.

But are we forgetting about someone special. Andy Flower?
Old May 4, 2013, 12:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Only ones who could give Gilly run for his money are no longer full-time WKs and therefore shouldn't be considered. McCullum and Sangakkara.

But are we forgetting about someone special. Andy Flower?
Andy was a great batsman, and just like gilly he would be remembered for his batting, but he was a brilliant glovesman also, but i think he wasn't quite upto the level of gilly and boucher
Old May 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Seriously healy said that??...i consider gilly a better WK then even healy..what was he smoking
this is what he said when he went on about how badly wade has been keeping.

"Healy said during Gilchrist's time, when Australia had bowlers like Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath, they could afford to play a wicketkeeper whose batting was his stronger suit, but not anymore.

"What Adam Gilchrist had was a relevance to his team," Healy said. "He was appropriate to the team. He had a team with a great bowling attack that created more chances than you needed."

now for me right there he's pretty much saying gilchrist wasn't the best keeper, basically saying that since the bowling was so good during the time that it didn't matter that gilchrist missed a few. imo the guy has issues with genuine keeper batsmen. i realise batting is becoming a major thing with wicket keeping nowadays and a lot of teams are losing out on the gloveman side of things because of it. but gilchrist was a tremendous keeper, don't like it when gilly's keeping is misjudged because of how good of a batsman he was.
Old May 4, 2013, 12:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Andy was a great batsman, and just like gilly he would be remembered for his batting, but he was a brilliant glovesman also, but i think he wasn't quite upto the level of gilly and boucher
i wouldn't say brilliant, solid not a poor keeper but not a great keeper. the fact that the averaged 50 with the bat and kept wicket but no one ever brings him into the conversation when talking about an all time XI kind of says a lot about where he was with his keeping.

not saying he was a bad keeper but people tend to want to pick guys like knott, tallon etc ahead of him and they're batting is nowhere near his so obviously keeping wise flower is a bit behind the greats otherwise when picking all time teams it'd just be about gilchrist and flower.
Old May 4, 2013, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Boucher was the most durable and versatile wicketkeeper in history. His longevity and fitness are in a class of his own. Gilchrist, however, was more agile. It's a shame Gilly couldn't showcase his durability, but his fitness level at 40 is truly astounding.

It' simply not possible for me to choose between two of my all time favourite cricketer. If I have to, I guess I have to go with Boucher. He's a more dependable keepr in my opinion.
Old May 4, 2013, 07:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
^ Yeah I knew someone was gonna drop that fatass's name soon enough. Great hitter, yes, good captain, yes, but definitely won't pick him as a keeper. He looks ugly behind the wickets, has no lateral movement whatsoever. He has no rhythm and very unorthodox. He doesn't have that routine keepers' flow. But he doesn't drop jollies like Akmal or old Rahim, I'll give you that.
lol, he keeps to the likes of Parveen Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Nehra (lol), Agarkar (double lol), I sharma, M Sharma, S Sharma etc.... He has to catch ugly balls.
Old May 4, 2013, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Why doesn't Kamran Akmal get a mention?