facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Bashar urges for more domestic cricket

Maybe he does have a brain after all

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bang...ry/307015.html

Quote:
Former captain Habibul Bashar has urged the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to arrange cricket for players not involved in next month's Twenty20 World Championship. With Bangladesh's tour of New Zealand not until December, and with no domestic competition currently on, there is growing concern that the absence from action may affect fitness levels.

"For the first time in my career I have been enjoying such a long break from cricket. But in the end it would not be good for us," Bashar told The Daily Star. "Most of the players who are now out of the national camp are eagerly waiting to return. I think it would be nice for us if the board arranged a programme next month."

Only nine of the contracted 21 players are participating in training sessions for the Twenty20 World Championship. Several players have been active in commando training at the warfare wing of the Bangladesh Army's School of Infantry and Tactics in Sylhet, which includes running, rappelling, sliding and swimming. Next on the agenda is team practice in Dhaka.

Gazi Ashraf Hossain, the new chairman of the BCB's cricket operations committee, said he was aware of the fitness issue but was faced with a shortage of coaching staff. "I do agree that this contracted players desperately need some programme to keep in touch with cricket. Fitness is a big issue," he said. "Personally I am very keen to arrange a batting programme for them as you know it's a real headache in the longer-version competition.

"I will definitely try to arrange something for them in the next month but the problem is that we do not have enough coaching staff in our hand right at the moment. There is no national team coach and that's why we have to depend on our development manager and we also lack coaches in other sectors."
Hossain said he would discuss the matter with interim coach Shaun Williams.

Old August 15, 2007, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Well gud to hear the chairman will do sumthing but he better do it otherwise our other players will suffer playing against New Zealand if they are not fit
Old August 15, 2007, 12:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bashar needs something to return to national squad. If there's no domenstic then he'll be rested for NZ tour. He needs something for himself. He never talked about domestic cricket when his internation career was safe.
Old August 15, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaridpurChicago
He never talked about domestic cricket when his internation career was safe.
Kothai ashe na ... nijey Bachley Baper Nam... Bashu is in survival mode...CODE RED ALRAM!
Old August 15, 2007, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Kothai ashe na ... nijey Bachley Baper Nam... Bashu is in survival mode...CODE RED ALRAM!
well said..
Old August 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So we don´t need to play domestic cricket because of Bashar.....
Old August 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
So we don´t need to play domestic cricket because of Bashar.....
Did I say that? Or you are making it up...
Old August 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Did I say that? Or you are making it up...
Should we criticise him for all of his speech? He and other dropped players can come back in the team only by performing in the domestic cricket. Thats why he is saying so.
Old August 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
Should we criticise him for all of his speech? He and other dropped players can come back in the team only by performing in the domestic cricket. Thats why he is saying so.
Both... thats why we are here my friend. Fans of different perspective will read and analyse the same news from different aspect of it. Thats doen't mean one is wrong and the other is right... it gives 360 of the the issue.

FaridpurChicago mentioned one side and you are doing the other. And my quoted comments was from FaridpurChicago's point of view. I don't see any conflict in opinion between the two i.e.

1. We need more domestic games.
2. Bashar's recent comment rather came as a suvival mode. Previously he always complaiunsedabout too much activity never talked baout need for more doestic games.
Old August 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

[quote=Fazal;526561]Both... thats why we are here my friend. Fans of different perspective will read and analyse the same news from different aspect of it. Thats doen't mean one is wrong and the other is right... it gives 360 of the the issue.
quote]

I think also same. My intention wasnt attack or hurt you. Criticism is good and positive criticism helps someone to improve himself. But unfortunately sometimes some comments doesn´t make any sense to me.
Old August 15, 2007, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

All first class players should always be in game. We need to have a cricket structure with at least 2-2 first class tournament and 4-5 ODI tournament. That should be spread all around the year to ensure something like this dont happen. Also make sure at least one of the first class is done when all national players are available.
Old August 15, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaridpurChicago
Bashar needs something to return to national squad. If there's no domenstic then he'll be rested for NZ tour. He needs something for himself. He never talked about domestic cricket when his internation career was safe.
If bashar is smart then he would want to avoid the NZ tour. But he is not. He only sees his near future. he can't even see what he will face in NZ if selected. Bond on a bouncy pitch, lol. Vetorri won't be able to bowl because of Franklin and others cleaning up the tail.
Old August 15, 2007, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

This lipu is getting on to my nerve... even few days ago he was first one to complain this is not happening that is not happening now when he is in power i have yet to see a straight answer. he always starts with he doesn't know or he will try as if he is just visiting... why r u still trying to have a program for a month why can't you hire some one and get it in work...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; August 16, 2007 at 10:37 AM..
Old August 15, 2007, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh should organise an A tour maybe against zimbabwe or kenya or even ireland.
Old August 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

HaBa-ke ei obosthay dekhe maya-i laglo. Anyway, good to see that more and more people are realizing the need to re-format the NCL so that we can play more quality FC and IMHO, List A cricket.

Continued losses can make any euphoria dissipate quickly, expose wrong assessments like "our enviable cricket infrastructure" and "near perfect team to Sri Lanka" among other ego-driven follies, and often misplaced passion for what they truly are, and start to wake everyone up to the reality of BD cricket. HaBa is no exception to the trend. Bypassing the NCL did not do him any good, and now time is no longer on his side ... tsk, tsk.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 15, 2007, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

How about Habibul Bashar playing in Indian Domestic Cricket until BCB comes up with their plans?

Do you think it will help?
Old August 15, 2007, 10:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
How about Habibul Bashar playing in Indian Domestic Cricket until BCB comes up with their plans?

Do you think it will help?
It might despite his technical and physiological degradation. A lesser league, such as the Kolkata league if there is such a thing, may be a good place to start before he earns a place in those FC teams and not embarrass himself and the country. Quitting smoking will help too.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 16, 2007, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

The Darwin season is on in australia he could play there,is of a reasonable standard.
Old August 17, 2007, 05:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

dis is comin from him as a remark for survival becos he knows he wont be picked for the nz tour if he has had no cricket before so.
i say we shold let him join the icl for this season and let him start enjoying the game
Old August 17, 2007, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i still would like to see him in the National squad that is if he can perform. i still have respect for him, but i don't want him to retire now, since he deserves more chances and he should be working superhard to get his form back, it is time to play like master, not a babychild, since your learning days are over,

same expectation from Ashraful... playing more than 100 mathes gives you no right to get out on stupid hook shot or some "unrealistic shot", i think learning days are over for mr. Captain, he should lead and he will be more popular not just locally but internaitonally as well if he can play like master, which will be good for him and Bangladesh Cricket.

self awareness is the main key.