facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2005, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Bad decision to move from BNS

Whats the point of switching stadiums for football and cricket. The government could have saved a lot of money by just making the Mirpur stadium little better for football.
The footballers want to play in BNS but dont they understand that BNS has become an integral part of cricket. Another reason which somebody said to me is that the government does not want to hear the word "Bangabhandhu" in an international match. How pathetic!

Its sad to see cricket out of BNS. Before coming to US i watched 80% of matches in BNS from 1998.

Old March 3, 2005, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

yah, whats the point of digging up the athletic track in mirpur as well, it could have been good football cum athletics stadium as are many other stadiums around the world. cricket is the main sport now and should have stayed in "dhaka stadium".

i have full respect for Sheikh mujib but what is the need to change the name of something when it didnt have that name from the start? after all it is the name which is causing the problem at the moment i guess. so just call it dhaka stadium by which it was known all the time..oops:
Old March 4, 2005, 10:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i agree with bangladeshFan.. politicians sucks
Old March 4, 2005, 12:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Akabir bhai ur right politicians are ****, they are always ****. they dont have any brain.
Old March 4, 2005, 01:25 PM
Club Cricketer

it is the worst dicision ever given by the goverment and i think football has a good "poltical stablishment" . which is bad for the BD cricket fan and i booo to the goverment .

Edited on, March 4, 2005, 6:34 PM GMT, by shanil.
Old March 4, 2005, 02:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Few of the veterans of this site have mentioned few times the reasons behind cricket moving to Mirpur and also did Atahar Ali and other on Channel-I interview. But posts such this keep coming back. Don't you guys read all the posts that are published here? If you feel like you need to catchup with some of the discussions here then go to the archive and dig them out. Don't waste time and space writing same old things..... Please.
Old March 4, 2005, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

we all know the problems with BNS and the new stadium while the ICC is buiilding a 35 million dollar stadium stadium being built in Lauderhill, Florida. I dont know anybody in the state of Florida that plays cricket. They're going to build a stadium for men who are 35 year and older and who are not american. It may have made some sense putting it in N.Y or L.A., but donating some money to build a tadium in Dhaka or Slyhet would of made a little more sense. Cricket will never be big as baseball in America it's some peoples second religion.

So why cant BD fix there problem?