facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2006, 11:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Any words on investigating the low par pitches at the Champions trophy yet ? we can't have world class cricketers play in such poor third world pitches. This is absurd. What about giving the spectators what they really want - quality cricket played on FAIR pitches.

Old October 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Any words on investigating the low par pitches at the Champions trophy yet ? we can't have world class cricketers play in such poor third world pitches. This is absurd. What about giving the spectators what they really want - quality cricket played on FAIR pitches.
This is somthing that makes me surprized. The people are not yet talking loudly against the poor pitches. Cricinfo bulletins are prepared by the Indians who describe is as 'tricky' pitches, sometimes may be poor pitches; but never 'horrible pitches. There are some interesting stuffs in this link that says that the spectators are appreciating it

india should be severely fined for all these 'horrible' pitches resulting in all the one-sided matches with extremely low scores. ODI cricket is for runs and ICC is supporting this view introducing new laws like the power play.
Old October 18, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Actually, does it really matter? So what if BCCI is not hosting us,, playing at Lords, Oval, Multan, Melbourne is no less prestigious and experiencing, is it? What would have playing against India given us anyways,, its just another team and not a Number 1 or 2 or 3 team in the world. So to the fans,, just chill.. we shouldnt be bothered by India's greed of money. We have enough funds, fixtures already by our own means..
Old October 18, 2006, 08:04 AM
Banned

Hi All,

Honestly speaking, this is what we deserve following our overall performance and effort. We are so shy to keep a vateran on the side line, we do not care about out cricket infrastucture, we hesitate to replace a coach who considers us a cash-cow, what does India care about! It is fair for them to think about their own interest where we have miserably failed.

Think from the other side, if we were Indians, Australians or even Zimbabweians (did I spell it right!), we would have reacted the same way. It hurts us real bad, but that's reality, because we didn't do any thing constructive so far other than making statements like, "we will do better in future", "our boys can defeat anybody" and so on.....

At least India offered to send their team to play with us which I beleive is beneficial to us if we can take advantage of it.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody, what I meant is that we have to accept the reality.

Thanks guys
Old October 18, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisty
Hi All,

Honestly speaking, this is what we deserve following our overall performance and effort. We are so shy to keep a vateran on the side line, we do not care about out cricket infrastucture, we hesitate to replace a coach who considers us a cash-cow, what does India care about! It is fair for them to think about their own interest where we have miserably failed.

Think from the other side, if we were Indians, Australians or even Zimbabweians (did I spell it right!), we would have reacted the same way. It hurts us real bad, but that's reality, because we didn't do any thing constructive so far other than making statements like, "we will do better in future", "our boys can defeat anybody" and so on.....

At least India offered to send their team to play with us which I beleive is beneficial to us if we can take advantage of it.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody, what I meant is that we have to accept the reality.

Thanks guys
Not sure what you wanted to mean about Dav but otherwise I agre with you. At the same time India has to respect the FTP proposed by the ICC. So it's their responsibility to invite us to their country whether we play good cricket or not. As Australia did.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 18, 2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks guys
You didn't mean to hurt but you did!
The content here is India not going to host us, not about BD performance!! We often fail to respond properly and accordingly which is very sad!!! Where Indian media is a critics of BCCI on the hosting issue and here you are advocating them!
What a strange world!!

Last edited by kalpurush; October 19, 2006 at 10:01 AM..
Old October 18, 2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin

It's India who doesn't care about others but themselves! They made these pitches only to serve them!!
Old October 18, 2006, 12:36 PM

despite the pitches issue and all the silly talk about financial returns. India can easily arrange to host Test matches for us even in their backwaters like Guahati and Patna.Esp for Gauhati, they do not get much int'l cricket there, and any test cricket will probably be accepted very well. BCCI is just being an outright @rsehole about Int'l cricket outright. With this attitute, I wouldnt be surprised if they become the cause of cricket's demise outside the subcontinent
Old October 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
Banned

I didn't mean to hurt anybody, what I meant is that we have to accept the reality
Old October 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:

I didn't mean to hurt anybody, what I meant is that we have to accept the reality
Chisty, I would like to request you to go through my reply to kaisermartin (see at the 3rd post from the top of this page). If you are a well-wisher of Bangladesh (which seems to be unlikely from your previous posts), I hope, you will understand the flaws in your thinking.
Old October 21, 2006, 10:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
so you are saying that when the rules don't suit you, ignore them and create your own???
If ICC or whoever advocating BD playing India can bear the loss, BCCI should have no problem. If ICC expects BCCI to do something, then it has to bear the burden of loss or else not ask for profit share when there is profit. BCCI is not just running cricket, it also needs to pay its employees.

Quote:

no one is against the BCCI making a profit (as if).
Show me someone who is willing to bear the loss.

Quote:
for a country bent on regional domination, to not be able to figure out how to put a few thousand ppl in the stands is a bit ludicrous, is it not?
BCCI cannot force people to watch the game. They can only attract people, for which teams like BD should compete and not lose the games by an innings and some which is the most common result.
Old October 21, 2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
BCCI cannot force people to watch the game. They can only attract people, for which teams like INDIA should compete and not lose the games by an innings and some which is the most common result now a days.

I loved your above post!!
Old October 21, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

All these talks about BCCI taking a loss by hosting Bangladesh is sheer nonsense. Doesn't BCCI have one of the richest TV deal in the history of the game? Hosting Bangladesh would not in any way cause a negative balance in their account. TV money will pay for most of it anyway. How about letting one of our companies be the sponsor in a hypothetical series involving us and India on Indian soil? Would India allow that? We allowed Indian companies to sponsor on our soil before. I agree, money is a big part now a days, but this is beyond money I am afraid and hiding behind it is not the answer. Does BCCI generate income when they fly their whole team to Zimbabwe to play a series? I mean crowd presence is a non-starter there, yet, they went, because the TV deal is in place and respective boards would make money regardless! I am afraid, it is purely a political decision and one would have earned more respect, in my mind, if they came straight out and stated it as such.
Old October 21, 2006, 12:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Ganesh remind me Sunil! Sunil tortured us rubbing our losses on our face. When Bangladesh started to win beating Zimbabwe and India he kinda vanished in the thin air like magic.

We got another Sunil and SS. They appear from nowhere and they vanish as well.

Ganesh did you see the test match between India and Srilanka, In which SriLanka scored 900+ run in one inning? Sucker!
Old October 21, 2006, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Here is the stat Ganesh! Highest SL scoring against India. Enjoy!

952-6d Colombo (RPS) 1997
610-6d Colombo (SSC) 2001
485 Colombo (SSC) 1998/99

Old October 21, 2006, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
If ICC or whoever advocating BD playing India can bear the loss, BCCI should have no problem. If ICC expects BCCI to do something, then it has to bear the burden of loss or else not ask for profit share when there is profit. BCCI is not just running cricket, it also needs to pay its employees.
answer the question with a simple "yes" or "no" next time, please.

Quote:
Show me someone who is willing to bear the loss.
what loss...read beamer's post, if you're not too high and mighty that is. besides, ever heard of a saying "you win some, you lose some." business and life is not all about gaining; losses go along with it.

Quote:
BCCI cannot force people to watch the game. They can only attract people, for which teams like BD should compete and not lose the games by an innings and some which is the most common result.
i already offered up a solution for this problem...and no guns, bombs, knives, gundas, or other agents of force were mentioned.

you know, folks over here would probably dislike you a whole lot let less, if you came out and just admitted that you and the BCCI are bunch of condescending bigots who don't hold Bangladesh cricket in the esteem that the ICC FTP mandates and that you only voted for our test status to strengthen the Asian "bloc" and seize a world cup every 12 or so years.

i hope that you realize, that at this time given your current attitudes, you are most certainly wearing out your welcome here. allow me to show you the door.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2006, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Is the richest board in World cricket saying that hosting Bangaldesh is bad for their cricket (taking their word that its not about money) when 8 other test playing nations have dutifully done their part probably at much greater loss to them? To me it looks like BCCI is doing this because they think they can and the current crop of BCCI administrators have some form of axe to grind with Bangladesh. Somehow I get this feeling that it is not just about Cricket. There is more to it.
Old October 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
you know, folks over here would probably dislike you a whole lot let less, if you came out and just admitted that you and the BCCI are bunch of condescending bigots who don't hold Bangladesh cricket in the esteem that the ICC FTP mandates and that you only voted for our test status to strengthen the Asian "bloc" and seize a world cup every 12 or so years.
That BCCI is run by crooks and SOBs is only part of the story. BD cricketers have done too poorly to be marketted is also true. Much as you might want to deny it, that is stark reality for you. People want to watch good cricket. They don't get it always. Yet they are willing to take some risk and waste a day's work to get entertained. They surely won't come and watch what they know is sub-standard stuff. You see that is where the problem lies. BCCI cannot force people to change their views and make them watch substandard affair.

Quote:
i hope that you realize, that at this time given your current attitudes, you are most certainly wearing out your welcome here. allow me to show you the door.
Sorry, for stating the unpalatable truth then. I don't think I abused anyone. In fact when Bangladesh beat India or Australia, I congratulated them. It is just that, I do think BCCI has a point this time. Play well and earn the due respect. Playing good cricket is the only way to silence the critics.

Let's agree to disagree if you have a problem with what I have stated.
Old October 21, 2006, 06:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

We should stop hosting indians. after all, its another crap team that is measurable outside the sub continent. we have nothing to learn from them.
Old October 21, 2006, 06:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Ganesh, I agree Bangladesh is not yet playing top quality cricket.

But, BCCI is denying the commitment they made as a part of the ICC's FTP. India is not the top test or one day team in the world. When topmost team (Australia) can host Bangladesh, India's denial is lame excuse and simply 'Dadagiri' which should not be entertained.

Money is only a part of the game, spirit lies definitely above money. What India is doing is against the spirit of the game.

You agree or disagree, that's the blatant truth.
Old October 21, 2006, 08:11 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
What India is doing is against the spirit of the game.
This comes as no surprise. Eitherways, Cricket brings in big bucks in India and whenever there is a question of big bucks... money will talk over everything else.

Like I said earlier. Lets us not get carried away. Lets take a home game against India as a challenge and send them packing... as soon as bangladesh gets a home series win against India... the Indy media will name a series "badlaa" (revenge) or "Bharat ki Shaan" (respect of India) with lots of fireworks and lighning in the ads on Star Sports/espn and then believe me there will be a series in India for Bangladesh with huge turnovers in the stands. and yes BIG BUCKS!

So its just a matter of pushing us upto the task. The question is how much has this proposal hurt the ego of our players? Are they really ready to smack an answer to this belittling?
Old October 21, 2006, 09:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami
This comes as no surprise. Eitherways, Cricket brings in big bucks in India and whenever there is a question of big bucks... money will talk over everything else.

Like I said earlier. Lets us not get carried away. Lets take a home game against India as a challenge and send them packing... as soon as bangladesh gets a home series win against India... the Indy media will name a series "badlaa" (revenge) or "Bharat ki Shaan" (respect of India) with lots of fireworks and lighning in the ads on Star Sports/espn and then believe me there will be a series in India for Bangladesh with huge turnovers in the stands. and yes BIG BUCKS!

So its just a matter of pushing us upto the task. The question is how much has this proposal hurt the ego of our players? Are they really ready to smack an answer to this belittling?
You just reflected over what I was contemplating.
Old October 22, 2006, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

ganesh,

i never asserted that BD is playing up to par.

but here's the deal. do we magically only play sub par cricket against india or in india? then how come countries like england and australia (much poorer in a cricket sense) host us and lose? its not like they pack the stadiums either.

and i already offered a solution whereby tickets are sold with a bigger series. that way BCCI gets paid. if the ppl don't show, thats their issue...but BCCI gets the dough.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
People want to watch good cricket. They don't get it always. Yet they are willing to take some risk and waste a day's work to get entertained. They surely won't come and watch what they know is sub-standard stuff.
Considering the CT matches thus far, I'm not so convinced BCCI cares for "entertainment" either, when even "top quality" teams are unable to score 200 on your "sub-standard" pitches.
Old October 22, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
All these talks about BCCI taking a loss by hosting Bangladesh is sheer nonsense. Doesn't BCCI have one of the richest TV deal in the history of the game? Hosting Bangladesh would not in any way cause a negative balance in their account. TV money will pay for most of it anyway. How about letting one of our companies be the sponsor in a hypothetical series involving us and India on Indian soil? Would India allow that? We allowed Indian companies to sponsor on our soil before. I agree, money is a big part now a days, but this is beyond money I am afraid and hiding behind it is not the answer. Does BCCI generate income when they fly their whole team to Zimbabwe to play a series? I mean crowd presence is a non-starter there, yet, they went, because the TV deal is in place and respective boards would make money regardless! I am afraid, it is purely a political decision and one would have earned more respect, in my mind, if they came straight out and stated it as such.
Well Said!

If Australia,Pakistan,Srilanka, West Indies did not have a problem hosting Bangladesh for a test series, why the heck should India have a problem??

As for "not getting enough spectators" etc, you just need to look at the past. India hosted Zimbabwe for a number of test and oneday series. I am sure that crowd attendance was even worse for those series, atleast Bangladesh is a subcontinent team and in places like Calcutta there might actually be more interest for Bangladesh than Zimbabwe. Also, as you rightly pointed out, tv deals should be enough to compensate for poor attendance..