facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2013, 08:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Noor was good today.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old February 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Don't care about T20s - leggies usually (except the ones like Afridi obviously - who have no future in tests) go for loads of runs in T20s. He has really been doing nothing in FC cricket - which is disappointing. Hope he starts to perform well in FC.
Old February 11, 2013, 12:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Another SLA joins the party

Saju Dutta
Old February 20, 2013, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Big performance from Mosharraf Hossain. Such a cool customer under pressure. One thing different from other SLA's is he never gives any gifts. Length is immaculate. If you want to score of him, you have to take chances.
Old February 20, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cricket Savant

kano, Mominul Haque o to bhalo ball kore..........

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 21, 2013, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am still Hopeful about Noor Hossain. At least the kid is very young in years. Will keep an eye on him to see how he does in domestic competitions. like NCL, BCL, Premier League etc...
Old April 27, 2013, 01:46 AM
Cricket Legend

A little disappointed with Enamul Jnr. Nowhere near the bowler who was the highest wicket taker of the Under 19 WC, bagged heaps against Zimbabwe and then impressed against England. True the wicket isnt providing assistance, but Enamul didnt show anything to get excited about. He's not far ahead of Sunny's, Mosharraf. Similar level.

I have been following this guy from the Under 19 days. And RM had predicted Enamul could become Bangladesh's premier spinner. And all these years i hoped he would bounce back. But he hasnt developed much.
Old April 27, 2013, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i thinks its a bit too early to call. He was bagging wickets on tour matches. He bowled well at times and had some moments throughout the first test. Time will tell though.
Old April 27, 2013, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely.

But you can tell from the way which someone bowls, the basics, the thought process, even if the wicket isnt conducive for spin. Nothing more than Razzak or Mosharraf or Elias Sunny if you know what i mean. I really had my hopes high thinking he had the potential be a strike spinner. Someone who would get the opposition thinking before the match started.
Old April 27, 2013, 08:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think we have to accept that our SLAs are pretty much the same, regardless of who we put in. This is where I have to give credit to the selectors. Despite Sohag not having the heaps of wickets the other SLAs have, he got a chance and he's definitely proved that he's got more to offer than the likes of Enamul, Mosharref, Elias, and Saqlain.

We should definitely consider bringing Noor Hossain in. Has a pretty good record in FCs. Gives a good variation to our bowling as a leggie and is still very young. It's a worth a try giving him a chance
Old April 27, 2013, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think we have to accept that our SLAs are pretty much the same, regardless of who we put in. This is where I have to give credit to the selectors. Despite Sohag not having the heaps of wickets the other SLAs have, he got a chance and he's definitely proved that he's got more to offer than the likes of Enamul, Mosharref, Elias, and Saqlain.

We should definitely consider bringing Noor Hossain in. Has a pretty good record in FCs. Gives a good variation to our bowling as a leggie and is still very young. It's a worth a try giving him a chance
id still stick with Enam till the world cup at home..Then maybe noor.
Old April 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Fair enough, although Enamul will probably be only picked for tests.
Old April 27, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Ya I agree Enamul should be our 3rd spinner for T20Is and ODIs. In Tests though, I think it wouldn't hurt to try Noor in the next series against NZ. If he turns out to be the real deal, then we'll have variety in our spin department
Old April 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
A little disappointed with Enamul Jnr. Nowhere near the bowler who was the highest wicket taker of the Under 19 WC, bagged heaps against Zimbabwe and then impressed against England. True the wicket isnt providing assistance, but Enamul didnt show anything to get excited about. He's not far ahead of Sunny's, Mosharraf. Similar level.

I have been following this guy from the Under 19 days. And RM had predicted Enamul could become Bangladesh's premier spinner. And all these years i hoped he would bounce back. But he hasnt developed much.
A little harsh. He had Taylor gone for 30 odd but Nafees dropped it and he went on to score 171. That was a pretty useless wicket for spinners. He kept it fairly tight. He needs more than just a single match before deciding. He should get the next series at home vs NZ.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 27, 2013, 10:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

after shakib ....... if u consider a second SLA this will be my choice

TEST: enamul
ODI: rajjak
T20: mosharraf rubel

i was really disappointed with Suhrawardi Shuvo. when he could not make use of his run. and i dont think elias sunny will be useful in the long run.
Old April 29, 2013, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
A little harsh. He had Taylor gone for 30 odd but Nafees dropped it and he went on to score 171. That was a pretty useless wicket for spinners. He kept it fairly tight. He needs more than just a single match before deciding. He should get the next series at home vs NZ.
He will be given more opportunities sure. But he's not the strike bowler we are looking for. I used to think Enam would be better than Shakib. The guy was a prodigy as a teenager, and did so well in his first couple of series. And the sort of turn he could generate, was sort of different from our other SLA's.

Not saying he cant get to that level. Look at Herath, Ajmal, both peaked after 30. But as it stands now Shakib is still our best spinner.
Old April 30, 2013, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

We should prepare a similar track for NZ tour now and play several practice matches to see which spinner does the best.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Noor Hossain had a decent NCL with 20 wickets at 27.95, also had 2 five wicket hauls. Average compared to other spinners-there are 9 other spinners ahead of him in the wicket list.

Seems like our under 19 team has a leg spinner by the name of Jubair Hossain, who had a pretty good series against Sri Lanka.

One leg spinner could really improve Bangladesh's spin attack. We have half a dozen SLA's, one very talented OS. All we need is a leg spinner. Someone at the level of Cremer will do.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Noor Hossain had a decent NCL with 20 wickets at 27.95, also had 2 five wicket hauls. Average compared to other spinners-there are 9 other spinners ahead of him in the wicket list.

Seems like our under 19 team has a leg spinner by the name of Jubair Hossain, who had a pretty good series against Sri Lanka.

One leg spinner could really improve Bangladesh's spin attack. We have half a dozen SLA's, one very talented OS. All we need is a leg spinner. Someone at the level of Cremer will do.
I think Cremer has a lot of talent, can turn the ball quite a bit like most leggies, and has a very good googly. But for some reason he has so far been distinctly ordinary. His stats against us are a bit inflated with his 4 for 4 mopping up the tail in the first Test.

The ZCF conscensus is that though talented, he bowls too slowly at international level. There were no guns so can't tell for sure, but I think that is a very good reason for not being affective. However, an additional 5-8 kph pace would probably reduce his turn.

Similar issues for Keegan Meth. He will get a few wickets against us in favorable conditions, but top teams will just ride his swing out. Although, the amount of swing he gets, even at 72 mph he could be a handful for top teams.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 2, 2013, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Cremers a good bolwer, no magic like Paul Strang though.

Zimbabwe have a thing with leg spinners, like we do with SLA's. Paul Strang, Adam Huckle, Brian Murphy, now Cremer.
Old May 2, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I'd seriously think about giving Noor a go in the NZ series. We decided to chance our arm at Sohag despite not taking even close to the amount of wickets compared to the likes of Enamul and Elias but look at how well he's done.

NCL and international cricket are very different. We shouldn't just look at the highest wicket takers because our style is very different compared to the rest of the world.

We already have Shakib as our SLA for Tests and Razzak for the shorter forms. So we don't really need anymore SLAs. A legspin her can give us a dangerous look with out bowling attack.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

At least should be given a go with the A team, even though there are other types of spinner with better record.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Our spinners need to watch Herath bowl in tests and how he spins his web ball-by-ball. Our spinners do pretty well in the ODI, although I would be tempted to try Enamul jnr in place of Razzak in one or two games. Razzak bowls well, but his obligatory deliveries on the toes get on my nerves.
Old May 2, 2013, 01:00 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

We need to develop more non-SLA's. Another good off-spinner and a couple of leg-spinners would be a good place to start.
Old January 15, 2014, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Maybe Taijul or Sajib deserves a debut?