facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Only 2 of our players will be taking part in the CPL. I dont think CPL is the reason

Old June 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

With U19 and A team off to England, our players are getting experience they need in seaming condition. Then U23 is gone too. Shak/Tamim also out. Then on top of it, there is DPL. Then comes NZ tour.

With a possible expense over 1 crore for this tour, it does make sense BCB to shy away from the IRE tour. They can use the money to pay off the electricity bills. Not to mention the huge BPL dues BCB is responsible for!
Old June 11, 2013, 02:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

It was expected. Well done BCB. I had this feeling that BCB will turn this Irish invitation down from the start. Among the test nations Bangladesh had allready played too many matches against this specific ICC associate nation and other G8 test nations keep neglecting them nakadely, where being at lower ranked side winning any series there dont give us much but there is a high stake on loosing lot. So as a BC fan, I dont care much about Ireland's prospect for having more international matches; where BC is goin through a very tough time with different critical issues like cleaning of match fixing corruptions, professional cricketer's income rights in PLs, preparation of WT20 etc. For those who thinks we need this for experience, I say nat side had enough from those posh european luxury visits, if we still lacking, then arrange A-team tour there for that.

Instead, like some other BC members here, I prefer to invite them with other small names like Afgans, Holland etc to play in BD, where real international cricket atmosphere exist. At least BCB is capable enough to arrange such series/tourney without messing up breakeven point of financial viability with good number of sponsors & other incomes. Here we the fans actually can watch these matches thru high class media coverage and especially in no empty grounds.
Old June 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
We barely get any matches and yet we're being picky about who we play I honestly don't know where some of us get our arrogance from? And we complain about the Indians and Pakistanis being arrogant
agree with u totally
Old June 11, 2013, 02:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Only 2 of our players will be taking part in the CPL. I dont think CPL is the reason
And those 2 are our 2 main players. I think we should not play anyone without any planning, Ireland are aware Bangladesh are going through some difficult times and they want to capitalise on it.

Lets arrange a 5 ODI next year. It will be perfect time 6 to 8 months before WC 2015
Old June 11, 2013, 11:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

hardly we have any match to play , and bcb refused it , like seriously ? this why i alwasy thought mostofa kamal was one of the best bcb president , remember last year how he try to arranged series against southafrica but he failed than he went for tri series against zimbabwe , and he succceede , and that later on we played against irish dutch etc , even tho it was only 2 or 3 month gap between bd international game but kamal didnt want to see that our players sit down while other international are team playing , this was lyk positive president act where he spend almost 3 core taka

but now look at what we have this year no international game for 5 month but still they refused the invitation by ireland , just bcz they might have to spend 1 core tk or whatever reason9(cant put the corrupt money on their pocket) , by 5 month we might hardly realize if bangladesh stills play international cricket or not , but sake of our cricket this guy papon must go , and need to bring back mostofa kamal or saber chowdurhy , the reason why i said that look what kamal did before the 2011 wc , he start the stadium renovation did so many things to be succesfull where we only hosted 8 matches , but this time we gonna host the whole t20 wc alone but they didnt even start the work on any stadium , which putting dout on that touranament ,

i just wanna say hey allah save bangladesh cricket form this kinda negative mind people
Old June 12, 2013, 01:03 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

It was a good decision overall. Few reasons,
first, Bangladesh ends up sponsoring for these matches and makes nothing at all. Second, no point playing so much ODI and T20 where the key concern is test cricket. Third, Bangladesh has been awfully nice to these associates. like cricheart said In a way, BCB has been helping these associates by visiting them often. But ICC has never returned the favor by enforcing some Top 8 boards to invite us.

Yes it would be great to play Ireland since they are emerging as one of the rising cricket nations. it would be a competitive series. But BCB has to think from a financial point of view

BCB should focus on the A team and under 19 tour to England this August. Maybe the A team can tour Ireland too while they are in England
Old June 12, 2013, 03:39 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We need as much cricket as possible in pace friendly conditions. It's not as if we would be giving up a tour against the top 8 to play against Ireland. We would be playing because no one else wants to play us. There is no scope for complacency when we are being starved of competitive cricket and an Ireland series will be VERY competitive. We also should not forget 2015 WC is in Aus-NZ and not in the subcontinent. I would say it would be money well spent
Old June 12, 2013, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Avoiding embarrasement should be the priority. Way to go BCB...
Old June 12, 2013, 05:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
first, Bangladesh ends up sponsoring for these matches and makes nothing at all. Second, no point playing so much ODI and T20 where the key concern is test cricket. Third, Bangladesh has been awfully nice to these associates. like cricheart said In a way, BCB has been helping these associates by visiting them often. But ICC has never returned the favor by enforcing some Top 8 boards to invite us.

Yes it would be great to play Ireland since they are emerging as one of the rising cricket nations. it would be a competitive series. But BCB has to think from a financial point of view

BCB should focus on the A team and under 19 tour to England this August. Maybe the A team can tour Ireland too while they are in England
its bcz noone else wants us to play ,

financiallly when mostofa kamal was president he spend almost double money than this , negtive minded papon must go for sake of bd cricket ,

yeah u u mean a team can play all year long , bangladesh dont need international matches anymore ,

did papon arranged any series before he turn down the irish proposal ? why the players had to sit out 5 month without a game , where india and other international team playing int cricket almost everyday , why would bangladesh sit out than

Last edited by nynemesis; June 12, 2013 at 06:17 AM..
Old June 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Just heard that BCB said no to the overture!
Old June 12, 2013, 08:35 AM
Banned

Please arrange A team tour's against Afghanistan and let youngster face bowlers like Hamid Hasan, Zadran, Dawlat etc.. make it first class if possible, much better than facing average bowler's on sporting wicket's, don't mean much.
Old June 12, 2013, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Why should we tour Ireland? We were there last time, now it's their turn to tour BD.
Old June 12, 2013, 02:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq

Could you have sounded any more Indian?

Most of those points are either BS or simply not true. BCB hasn't done jack to help associates. PCB and even BCCI has done more to help Afghans out than BCB. And hosting an upcoming side like Ireland once in 2008 is not enough. We should host Ireland once every three or 4 years.

Bottom line is we don't get enough matches, and here is an opportunity to help ourselves and help Ireland and the BCB says no.

Although it hurts, the top 8 has every right to snub the BCB now. We're no better than the BCCI and actually we're worse because we don't have jack $hit to be so arrogant about.

Shame on us and nothing to say about the BCB.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 12, 2013, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I don't know if it's BCB or the current coach/ captain is the coward. Remember the reasoning behind not playing any practice match in Zim before the series. They chickened out because last time while touring Zim, BD lost their practice match against a weak Zim eleven prior to the series and that fear of losing carried forward. What a buncha ball less sissies.
Unless there are other real reasons that would hinder our tour I do not see why we should be afraid to play the Irish.

Bottom line: If you don't have balls you shouldn't play.
Old June 12, 2013, 03:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Paul Stirling

To Habib, if we should tour Bangladesh we have to be invited. No invite has been forthcoming. Clearly touring Ireland is a group of games Bangladesh may or may not win (ie competitive). Clearly Bangladesh are prepared to go 5 months without playing a game. The situation including the delayed response reflects very poorly on Bangladesh cricket.
Old June 12, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Why should we tour Ireland? We were there last time, now it's their turn to tour BD.
wappenshaw twappenshaw meet korar tale ache r-key

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernster
To Habib, if we should tour Bangladesh we have to be invited. No invite has been forthcoming. Clearly touring Ireland is a group of games Bangladesh may or may not win (ie competitive). Clearly Bangladesh are prepared to go 5 months without playing a game. The situation including the delayed response reflects very poorly on Bangladesh cricket.
Welcome to forum mate. Not many Irish folks join here. So you are like ....lucky charm.

Be sure to google my infamous "Dear Ireland diss" and to upvote it. Currently it has red arrows.

Old June 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
Street Cricketer

I'll give it a look! Seriously disappointed that we can't see these games and it seems like Bangladesh are running scared.
Old June 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I'll give it a look! Seriously disappointed that we can't see these games and it seems like Bangladesh are running scared.
Possibly. Btw, are you pregnant by any chance... i mean what's the inspiration behind Trimester username?

But you can't but n ben now 'tho

Old June 12, 2013, 04:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I am happy we are not touring Ireland. While we have all the tour on table. DPL for all the Bangladeshi cricketers some of them has not earned anything, I am sure Ireland does not dislike poor cricketers of Bangladesh who has been played like mouse where BCB/CCDM are cats, I know it has noting to do with Ireland but if this Ire tour will go ahead my brothers,cousins and friends will not earn anything from this season. Beside we have "A" Team and U-19 coming to UK in July and August, plus Shakib,Tamim will be unavailable because they will be in CPL.

Honestly for the love of Bangladesh Domestic Cricketer this is not the right time.
Old June 12, 2013, 05:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Are you saying touring Ireland would mean players not getting paid. Firstly the home team pays the away team costs. The CEO of Irish Cricket mentioned asking BD for a contribution as if they answered when they were supposed to we could have maximised our revenue. BD cricket recieves alot more funding than we do so I fear money is being squandered.
Old June 12, 2013, 05:50 PM
Cricket Guru

We look like wusses now
Old June 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Are you saying touring Ireland would mean players not getting paid. Firstly the home team pays the away team costs. The CEO of Irish Cricket mentioned asking BD for a contribution as if they answered when they were supposed to we could have maximised our revenue. BD cricket recieves alot more funding than we do so I fear money is being squandered.
Only 16 or so players will be paid for Ireland tour. I am not worried about them but I am definitely worried about ......them

CI: Cricketers sit outside the Shere Bangla National Stadium, protesting the delay in holding the Dhaka Premier League, Mirpur, April 20, 2013

You know what I rest my case. Have your 5 match ODI tour in Ireland.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Could you have sounded any more Indian?

Most of those points are either BS or simply not true. BCB hasn't done jack to help associates. PCB and even BCCI has done more to help Afghans out than BCB. And hosting an upcoming side like Ireland once in 2008 is not enough. We should host Ireland once every three or 4 years.

Bottom line is we don't get enough matches, and here is an opportunity to help ourselves and help Ireland and the BCB says no.

Although it hurts, the top 8 has every right to snub the BCB now. We're no better than the BCCI and actually we're worse because we don't have jack $hit to be so arrogant about.

Shame on us and nothing to say about the BCB.
Well said man. Agree with everything you say here.