facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 1, 2004, 07:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default What happend to mannerism

It is very unfortunate the way some people act in this site. The success of this site depends on the comfort of the visitors here. Visitors not only BD fans but also fans of other team who are bonded in the love of cricket. There is a thing called mannerism which people learn from their family. Mother and father teach them how to conduct among people. One of them is to not to offend other people. Anything anybody say creates an impression. Nobody should do anything that gives a bad impression about our community. You might be smarter or not, that doesnot give you the right to call other people dumb. You cannot invite people and then insult them just because they like something else or have a different view. You should think before say anything whether it is offensive to anybody or not.

BD cricket is not just a game. It is also a way to know other culture and the world. You also give an idea to the world about who you are. Keep this in mind plz.
Old June 1, 2004, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It is the core of our guideline. But what happened is, at matchtime, there is just too many posts being made too fast, also the moderators follow the game too. So it becomes out of control. However, we are working on it, we will keep this board friendly and decent, at any price.
Old June 1, 2004, 08:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

SageX, I agree with you 100%. Not to be picky but, 'manners' and 'mannerisms' may mean completely different things. The 'Rock' aka Dwayme Johnson, rasing the 'people's eyebrow' is a mannerism, while covering his mouth when he burps, is simply good 'manners.'
Old June 1, 2004, 09:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Here is an example of what brother Sage was referring to.

Below was Arnab's response to a new West Indian poster, Mr. Horseman:

Originally posted by Arnab:
If you are being sincere: Don't whine and you'll be fine.

If you are just looking to stir up $hit: Your a$$ will be banned.
-------------------------------------

Is this the way Bangladdeshi's in authority behave ? Why the profanity ?
Old June 1, 2004, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Mujibur, now it is your turn to chill out too.

Can you not _all_ let this go?

Enjoy Cricket - that's what binds us all together.

[Zunaid, as moderator]
Old June 1, 2004, 09:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Mujibur, now it is your turn to chill out too.

Can you not _all_ let this go?

Enjoy Cricket - that's what binds us all together.

[Zunaid, as moderator]

Zunaid Bhai:

Go and read my 2:04 post in this thread:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi...id=5845&page=2
Old June 1, 2004, 09:24 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mujibor, it was a misunderstading on your part. You thought Arnab was warning HorseMan. But he was rather telling him how strict this board is. There was no insult to him, Arnab was never a big supported of our moderation policy.

However, I want to point one thing up. We do not allow personal attacks, may be by misunderstand, you have done that towards Arnab, and later you posted about stopping it. I am suggesting, you do that. Otherwise, you will find yourself removed from this board.

If someone's post offend you, dont pull out all your guns and start shooting, simply click on report post and that automatically informs the moderators your objection, so that they can take care of it.

We come here to discuss Cricket, enjoy friendly posts, the last thing we need is members chasing one another. Please help us keep this board friendly.
Old June 1, 2004, 10:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajputro

However, I want to point one thing up. We do not allow personal attacks, may be by misunderstand, you have done that towards Arnab, and later you posted about stopping it. I am suggesting, you do that. Otherwise, you will find yourself removed from this board.
Raj Bhai:

It is your prerogative to remove the Mujibur handle from this board if it is deemed offensive.

So far I dont believe the Mujibur handle has been offensive. Infact, the Mujibur handle has so far been simple and has expressed support for Bangladesh.

You may want to peek at this thread:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi...d.php?tid=5737

With regard to my alleged "personal attack" on brother Arnab, I challenge you Raj Bhai to show me where I have denigrated and insulted Arnab Bhai.

Below is a back and forth correspondence between myself and brother Arnab----please point out where I was insulting.

-----------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Arnab
Mujibur, out of curiosity: why did you refer to yourself by your own name instead of writing "me"/"myself"?

Hmmm.

--------------------------------------------

Arnab:

Men of tremendous self confidence and inimitable self esteem have no compunction about referring to themselves in the third person.

By the way Arnab, can you point me to a single meaningful cricket post you have made on this board, or are you too caught up with the responsibilities of being moderator and calling attention to yourself that you dont have sufficient time to contribute to this board in a proper manner ?

------------------------------------------------

Raj Bhai, before you choose to ban the Mujibur handle----I would appreciate if you could point me to the insulting attacks on Arnab.

Thanks.

Old June 1, 2004, 10:11 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

onek hoise Mujibur bhai ekhon doa koira chup koren.

btw kono vul truti korle map koira diyen.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by reverse_swing]
Old June 1, 2004, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Ekhon bhaja machta ulte khete janana. Manushke boka banano eto shohoj na.
Old June 1, 2004, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

umm...love the posts of mujibur, mba and so on those add more spice to this forum...at least when we don't have much cricket going on

~~Nei kaaj, to khoi bhaaj~~