facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 21, 2006, 04:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Taepedong2.....Is America Scared?

the way americans are reacting over the north korea missile issue makes me laugh....its like they are shaking with fear, getting up their missile defences and doing what not!

i know one thing with certain, had this been iraq, US troops along with cnn nd bbc would have been in pyongyong ages ago....but being north korea, an improvished nation that can barely feed its people, have few friends, america for some reason is playing defensive.....they want NK to come back to peace talk....an opportunity they never gave to saddam in first place......making americans look like a scared bullied school kid....

last time US saw a threat from missile was during Cold war when cuban missiles where pointing 2wards mainland US....nd they almost nuked russia over that...now a taepedong2 is ready to set of, that can reach guam, hawaii nd alaska.....Uncle Sam is shaking all over....

i never thought that off all things, a single ballistic missile can make US cry....

Old June 21, 2006, 07:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Umm.. I'm not sure whether its the anti-Americanism that is evident from your post that makes you kinda not see the seriousness of the issue, or if its because you have some evidence that NK doesn't have these weapons, and therefore that the whole thing is a ruse.

NK is like a madman with a bazooka who's wondering right now what will happen when you press the thing that looks like a trigger. NK is many times more dangerous than Saddam ever was, and infinitely more irresponsible than Iran (and I don't think Iran is irresponsible in the first place...)

Having said that, this is a perfect example of how to put all your eggs in one basket. Now that the US is committed to Iraq and can't pull out, they're gonna be kicking themselves in the shin. Yes, we should soberly point out that when you are the idiot on the superpower level, you mess up in global scales. But, this should not take away from the seriousness of the NK threat.
Old June 21, 2006, 07:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
Umm.. I'm not sure whether its the anti-Americanism that is evident from your post that makes you kinda not see the seriousness of the issue, or if its because you have some evidence that NK doesn't have these weapons, and therefore that the whole thing is a ruse.
we all know how dangerous NK is....the thing is many people think NK is simply bluffing, including me....their nukes (if they got any) hasnt been tested........the NK ambassador even came up in nightline saying his country has nukes that can reach sydney...

NK hasnt proven its nuclear capability.......nd this give US or Japan opportunity to go in now nd do sth about it b4 its too late.....u cant dialog with a mad man which is what US is trying to do....ya maybe after 2day NK will make a new promise, never to try make WMD but for how long??? 5 years later they will come back drama....

history teaches us never to give into bullies......during ww2, every1 tried to give into hitlers demand, didnt work...he wanted too much.....nd this is precisely what US is doing...giving in to NK...

Ya maybe bush doesnt see any light in invading NK, coz they got no oil, only hungry ppl...but invading now will help US in the long run coz honestly i see nother korean war sooner or later....

dangerous or not..NK needs to be dealt with for regional security.....
Old June 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
Test Cricketer

btw, u said NK is dangerous......i tell u...it will be lot more dangerous years from now.....

the problem is china...another mad man state supporting NK.....i hope NK chucks its missiles into China by accident, so they shut up once nd for all....had it not been for china, this NK drama wud have long been over..
Old June 21, 2006, 12:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Invasion isn't the only answer - for example, the Japanese response that anything falling on Japan (spent missile casing for example) will be seen as an act of war will make them think twice. NK is making noises for the same reason Iran is - both know the US is stretched thin, and cannot commit everything. And the rest of the nations will not commit anything until attacked.

Incidentally, I also agree that China is a major regional pain in the a**. Not just NK - look at Burma too. That country is on a highway to hell (check out the recent BBC series if you have some time) and yet they survive because of Chinese support. But then I guess the good thing is you can't really accuse the Chinese of having double-standards.
Old June 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

"North Korea have offered the United States talks on its missile launch plans, indicating it might put off a flight test that has raised tension and drawn sharp international warnings."
"The United States says it is concerned about our missile test launch," Han Song-Ryol told south korea'sYonhap news agency. "Our position is, 'Okay then, let's talk about it'."

Haha .. now who is scared? NK wants to talk to US one on one, may be just thinking that US might give NK some incentives, well US is not going to bend and wants NK to go back to the tables already setup for discussion.

To announce that they will shoot down any testing missile made NK scared and not the other way round. NK politicians seems to be desparate bunch of clowns with empty pockets and pure losers.

Last edited by allrounder; June 21, 2006 at 12:45 PM..
Old June 21, 2006, 01:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man

Ya maybe bush doesnt see any light in invading NK, coz they got no oil, only hungry ppl...but invading now will help US in the long run coz honestly i see nother korean war sooner or later....
As you have pointed out no Oil. No incentive. Mr. Bush may be fool but Dick Chaney isn't. After 9/11 US could not keep a good relationship with Saudi Arabia with the internal uproar. What if one day the kingdom asks US to leave from their land. They will have no control over the oil. So they targetted Saddam (second largest producer of oil), created a master plan of WMD, lied to the world, got the oil. Those who did not co-operate are not getting any oil from Iraq. (Germany, Russia and France) There will be no shortage of oil supply in US no matter what OPEC does. That was the whole reasoning we all know that. Now truely if the oil demand goes up (India and China) as projected in few years what would Europe and rest of the world do? buy Oil 50 Euro a gallon?

NK is a lose cannon. but certainly they can't launch anything towards Japan or South Korea. China protects NK just as US protects Israel. So nothing will happen. Now in the shore of NK if you find Oil, the whole ball game changes instantly.
Old June 21, 2006, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
As you have pointed out no Oil. No incentive. Mr. Bush may be fool but Dick Chaney isn't. After 9/11 US could not keep a good relationship with Saudi Arabia with the internal uproar. What if one day the kingdom asks US to leave from their land. They will have no control over the oil. So they targetted Saddam (second largest producer of oil), created a master plan of WMD, lied to the world, got the oil. Those who did not co-operate are not getting any oil from Iraq. (Germany, Russia and France) There will be no shortage of oil supply in US no matter what OPEC does. That was the whole reasoning we all know that. Now truely if the oil demand goes up (India and China) as projected in few years what would Europe and rest of the world do? buy Oil 50 Euro a gallon?

NK is a lose cannon. but certainly they can't launch anything towards Japan or South Korea. China protects NK just as US protects Israel. So nothing will happen. Now in the shore of NK if you find Oil, the whole ball game changes instantly.
Well said ..a great summary of the whole thing
Old June 22, 2006, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Incidentally, I also agree that China is a major regional pain in the a**. Not just NK - look at Burma too. That country is on a highway to hell (check out the recent BBC series if you have some time) and yet they survive because of Chinese support. But then I guess the good thing is you can't really accuse the Chinese of having double-standards.
chinas is well known for supporting retarded governments like themselves....they dont care if they are good or bad, so long they follow their blind communist ideology....there is endless support....

does china have good relations with S.korea, europe?? nope....so i think accusing china is quite reasonable.....
Old June 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye

Splendid Cats_Eye!!!!
You should be in media as USA foreign policy analyst
Old June 22, 2006, 08:44 AM
Test Cricketer

btw, i dont think NK will fire that missile...it was supposed to go off almost a week ago....

no like they are launching a space station that it should take that long..

another bluff by NK.....i hope the NK government realise that no one really buys into their bullcrap stories...
Old June 22, 2006, 11:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Apparently, it does take a while:

"Seoul has dampened fears North Korea is about to carry out a missile test, saying a launch is "not imminent". South Korean Defence Minister Yoon told a parliamentary committee that "there are many processes to go through before firing such a missile". "Given this," he said, an imminent launch of the missile "is not the case".
Another Seoul official, quoted by the AFP news agency, said the Pyongyang had made "no additional substantial moves towards a missile launch during the last several days"."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5106676.stm?ls

Perhaps its the fact that they need goatskin bags to carry the fuel and wheelbarrows to shuttle the hardware...
Old June 22, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Nort Korea's missiles can hit the middle of Europe not the western Europe. So America is planning to make a missile defence system in Poland so that any attack from NK can be prevented or destroyed. But who knows whether this defence system will protect them from any disaster.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 22, 2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

And the funny thing is - pretty much everything (maybe even test tube babies in the future) in the US are now made in China. Which idiot planned that out ?

Just saw Syrianna, interesting. Should check it out.
Old June 22, 2006, 11:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Nort Korea's missiles can hit the middle of Europe not the western Europe. So America is planning to make a missile defence system in Poland so that any attack from NK can be prevented or destroyed. But who knows whether this defence system will protect them from any disaster.
Only thing is missle defense doesn't work - even when they cheated. :P
Old June 23, 2006, 12:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
OMG ....missile defence system in Poland??? america is acting like its gearing up for WW3...

this one freakin missile is sure giving US the nightmare...
Old June 23, 2006, 10:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Invasion isn't the only answer - for example, the Japanese response that anything falling on Japan (spent missile casing for example) will be seen as an act of war will make them think twice. NK is making noises for the same reason Iran is - both know the US is stretched thin, and cannot commit everything. And the rest of the nations will not commit anything until attacked.

bap bap re bap CHINA bhai jominder der eto bhoy dekhai dise, dangerous, CHINA bhai egiey cholo amra asi tomar pise , shamne na keno sheta shobar e jana, jai hok n korea is getting so many considerations becuz the bomerican govt. wants to use them to get more influence on Asia, for the case of invaded countries well they needed the oil and let not have other any direct oil ( France Russia and Deutschland ), but now every European nations is in their pocket once again they are trying to get more domination business done throughout the world.
Old June 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

history was my favourite subject at school, and i probably learned a lot from it than other subjects.....when i look at north korea's issue in google news, i see a lot of parallel in what i learned about nazi germany with what NK dictators are trying to establish...without much success ofcourse....here is why:

just like hitler, NK leaders are trying to create an image of invincibility.....no one other than their own brainwashed society will ofcourse buy into that crap....

just like hitler, NK is trying to invest into militarism to make a war machine.....well with countless sanctions on them, they had more success in making a famine machine....

just like hitler, NK is trying to create an image that NK is just another worker's paradise, where every1 is well provided for, happy........we all know the situation is just opposite.....NK is nothing but an improvised society....

so in following hitler's footstep, does NK leader know that hitler ended up shooting himself in a bunker?? coz if he did he would think twice b4 following him....
Old June 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
Club Cricketer

tiger_man, well said. The only thing standing between their realisation of what you point out and doing something about it is that this whole veneer of invincibality comes at the cost of never being able to back down without losing face, and perhaps even the neck it stands on.