facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2014, 01:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli
Default PCB oppose Big Three proposals

The PCB has strongly opposed the move to revamp the global game and called it "neither in line with principle of equity nor in the interest of game of cricket".

The announcement came after a meeting of its governing board, presided by PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf, who had been present at the ICC meeting in Dubai last week to discuss the radical proposals which will give the Big Three countries a larger portion of ICC revenues and more of a say in the game's administration.

"The Board Members deliberated and expressed serious concerns on the model proposed by BCCI, ECB and CA which was neither in line with principle of equity nor in the interest of game of cricket," a PCB press release said. "The Board has reiterated the position that Chairman PCB request audience with the Patron of PCB, H.E the Prime Minister to apprise him on this matter of immense significance and of national interest which will have wide reaching impact on future of cricket in Pakistan."

Ashraf said last week that he wanted all decisions to be taken through consensus, and didn't want the proposals to be approved hastily. "The Board appreciated and supported the stance taken by Chairman PCB at the last ICC Board meeting at Dubai. The Board authorised Chairman PCB Mr. Zaka Ashraf and COO Mr. Subhan Ahmad to engage with other Board members to align the common position and take other requisite remedial measures in the interest of cricket in Pakistan."

After the Dubai meeting, the ICC had said its Executive Board "unanimously supported" a set of principles which were more or less along the lines of the original proposal, though there were some concessions granted to the members outside the Big Three. The proposals had not been voted on in that meeting, but could be at the next ICC meeting in Singapore on February 8.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/715433.html

Where did this guy get so much courage from, thinking they can stand up to BCCI ? anyways i am sure they will be shown their place soon.

Old February 3, 2014, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 3, 2014, 02:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Lol don't get, you calling me a troll or PCB?
Old February 3, 2014, 03:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big
Where did this guy get so much courage from, thinking they can stand up to BCCI ? anyways i am sure they will be shown their place soon.
What's wrong with standing up to BCCI? And what is their place? Clear that first and then we can decide if anyone is a troll or not.
Old February 3, 2014, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big
Don't get so cocky my friend. Everyone knows your board has all the power in the world and they can do whatever it wants. But what's so wrong with what PCB tried to do? They are well within their right to do whatever they are doing. Whether it's a good idea or not is a completely different discussion.

I know of plenty of Indian cricket fans who oppose this move by BCCI 100%, because they truly love the game of cricket. It's not all about power for everyone.