facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2015, 06:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Default List of Selfish players

So here's the list of those who only care about them and care to score 20-30 from 60-70 bowls.

1. Anamul : clearly the most selfish guy in our cricket. We saw from the beginning of his career. Once he played 6 dot on 43/44 overs for his ton.
2. Mahmudullah: only care about his average. I haven't seen him play for win or team.
3. Tamim: He is not the Tamim of 2010-2011.
4. Sabbir: very early days to say but didn't play for team today.

Old February 26, 2015, 06:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han.has
So here's the list of those who only care about them and care to score 20-30 from 60-70 bowls.

1. Anamul : clearly the most selfish guy in our cricket. We saw from the beginning of his career. Once he played 6 dot on 43/44 overs for his ton.
2. Mahmudullah: only care about his average. I haven't seen him play for win or team.
Sabbir played for the team. What did he have to do when we already lost the match?
Old February 26, 2015, 06:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Once mushy got out, sabbir had no chance of winning this match with mash, taskin, rubel.
Old February 26, 2015, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim played for the team.
Old February 26, 2015, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

We musnt forget the match was in Australia and MCG, not BNS or Chittagong. It isnt easy adjusting to the conditions, the bounce.

I am not sure whether they are being selfish. They are probably trying to stick to a plan which is occupying the crease. Sometimes we d rather have players spending time on crease than not being able to bat out 50 overs.
Old February 26, 2015, 08:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Mahmudullah -- yes.

Anamul, still way too young. And how many Bangladeshis score hundreds every day. A 100 is a rare occurrence for our batsmen. Yes if they selfishly play for their 100 when they already have 99 international hundreds, and it costs their team the match, then sure call them a selfish player.

Sabbir - way too young/inexperienced.

Tamim - Needs to be replaced for now.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
(BC rule. Can't use only one imocon).
Old February 26, 2015, 10:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Sabbir played for the team. What did he have to do when we already lost the match?
Reduce the gap as much as possible. So the NRR would be better.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Agree with #1, #2 and #3 except for #4 (Sabbir). To me Sabbir is TBD.

Anamul is still young, but seen enough to say currently he plays like a selfish player. he is also the most over hyped player. His fielding is going downward, which is also a big concern. I can live with a below average fielding from a older player. But young player like him need to be above average to be in the team.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
we're talking about BD team not SL
Old February 26, 2015, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
we're talking about BD team not SL
He played for the scorers, duck.

Is this list for the current world cup squad or for all the players who played in national team?
Old February 26, 2015, 12:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
We musnt forget the match was in Australia and MCG, not BNS or Chittagong. It isnt easy adjusting to the conditions, the bounce.

I am not sure whether they are being selfish. They are probably trying to stick to a plan which is occupying the crease. Sometimes we d rather have players spending time on crease than not being able to bat out 50 overs.
You could say it's not easy to adjust to the bounce....but it was a flat track and devoid of any swing. Imagine Malinga actually swinging the ball. They just peppered the ball on the fifth stump and we edged it into their fielders.

Tamim had his bat behind his pad. Just tell you how out of sorts he his. Doesn't even want to put bat to ball. Ridiculous excuse really when Ireland chased down 300+ with 5 ovrs to spare against a better WI attack. Our players just don't know how to apply themselves and set targets. Anamul gave a chance and we would have been without 2 openers within 2 overs. Just goes to show our players temperament
Old February 26, 2015, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

With Sabbir, I worry that he is a strike hogger... when he was batting with mushy he was getting 75% of the strike for 4-5 overs before before mushy got out. He is needs to get better at rotating the strike.
Old February 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han.has

The guy's strike rate was almost 100, even higher than shakib's. Are you going to say that Shakib didn't play for the team either? Clearly he tried his best. If you noticed closely, when he came out to bat, he wasn't reading Malinga properly and started to read him later on in his innings.
Old February 26, 2015, 03:33 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

the whole team is selfish.... they never cared about the fans.... only Mashrafe is the only exception in our entire cricket history. end of story...

Our senior batting group Tamim, Riyad, Shak, Mushy are very selfish. Tamim for reasons best known to himself tries to start of slow hoping to build an innings that he will never be able to build. He tries to do the easier job staying in the wicket and gets his partner (Anamul or Shamsur) to try and score. Riyad starts of steady which is fine but than he changes gear after he has secured a decent score and not necessarily earlier if the team needs it. Mushfiq again.... he comes down so late hoping that the top order has build a base from where he can simply carry on and play a finishers hero role. Shakib, again hopes that the others along with Mushy scores a majority and he can simply come in and smack a few to attract a few more T20 stints. Maybe I am being overcritical but just compare the competitions of the players I mention and consider how they would go about their business.

you guys are flipping seniors! Step up and tell the coach, this is where I want to bat... I want to build the innings rather than taking it from there. I want to do the main hitting and allow the younger guy to settle in because i simply cannot play a long innings so let the younger guy do it.
Old February 26, 2015, 03:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
সবাই টিমের জন্য খেলেছ! কেউ লম্বা সময় উইকেটে সেলফিশের মতো থাকেনি, দ্রুত ফিরে গেছে পরের ব্যাটসম্যানকে সুযোগ করে দিছে কিছুক্ষন উইকেটে ঘুরে আসার জন্য। সুন্দর টিমওয়ার্ক।

টয়লেটের লাইন মনে করে, উইকেটে এসে তাই সবার হাগু এসে যাচ্ছিল।