facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Sean Paul. That guy isnt like, proper jamaican reggae. People mistake him for an african-american because of his manner of music. What happened to Bobby Brown and stuff?

Old March 12, 2007, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

It was dissapointing!
Old March 12, 2007, 06:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

still not worse than 1999 event
Old March 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I was laughing so hard when i saw golla was trying to make the line straight as if some one will some and beat them if the line is not straight... it still cracks me up....

Show was ok. likes some songs some not that much. but I never liked an opening show of any sports anyway...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 12, 2007, 10:15 AM
Club Cricketer

nebody haz ne links wher we can c ??? i wna c it bad as well :| !!!
Old March 12, 2007, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

the fireworks were better at Tom Cruises wedding
Old March 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I liked parts of the show (didn't watch most of the parts, lol). They potrayed their culture and heritage nicely. The colors, the songs etc. but must say the lighting was very poor and too dark for my eyes. Couldn't really figure out what was going on many times.

We should easily put up a better show just by the shear number of volunteer participants.
Old March 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

I did not see 1999 world cup opening ceremony, so I can't compare. But I personally did not like it except probably Bob Marley addition. Believe it or not, it is there culture where they follow Bojo Banton, Rupee, Shaggy, Fey etc., drink lots of alocohol (specially Rum), fry brain with over-exposed-naked girls. I live in one of island, Dominica. Their men and women are alike in terms shyness or modesty. Well, they liked the opening ceremony. It may be said same by them when we hold opening ceremony. Hopefully, we should make it different, more like Chinese/South Korean style display.
Old March 12, 2007, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

1999 world cup had a opening ceremony but it was a formality. Those british people can spend money but they dont know how to entertain people. It was nothing but a joke.

This year its diappointing. There were no flood lights in place. It was looking like more of a concert. Nothing traditional. There was no plan at all. Very dull.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 12, 2007, 11:10 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Holland's Luuk Van Troost sticking out like a sore thumb.

Those Dutch sure like their orange
Old March 12, 2007, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
The Best Part of the Ceremony was the Bermudan team.
They showed up on the ceremony ground with Black Blazer, White Shirt, Tie and Red Shorts!!

Is it something their national dress or what?
Seriously their national dress is so funny !!! I dont mean any disrespect but come on man tie,black blazer with red shorts. OMFG that was the funniest **** ever. At first I thought the guys in the front forgot their trousers but then after seeing the whole team i just cracked up.
Old March 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I know Chris Dehring worked really hard to pull the WC together...given this is being done across several independent countries, none of whom are really that affluent or organized to begin with, the challenges have been many and he has done a fantastic job to even get the tournament off the ground. People in the region, and particularly Jamaica, are laid back, and their music and their outlook on life is who they are whether you like it or not. They were interested in showcasing their music rather than doing some Korean style choreographed robot dance.

I agree it wasn't a US Superbowl half time show with Justin pulling of Janet's bra, but for those who can appreciate it, it was a kick to see reggae greats Sly and Robbie, Gregory and Half Pint along with the more easily recognizable names such as Sean paul.

I think some of the comments here are a bit unwarranted...you may have found it boring, but to call their women ugly and what not was not necessary...more so when you pause and reflect how good looking bangladeshi men are!! Hilarious....

Rubu and moderators, the opening post contains language that is completely inappropriate....please have the good sense of editing it.

Last edited by rafiq; March 12, 2007 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: typo
Old March 13, 2007, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Ah Rafiq bhai sees positive in everything... you will live longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
I think some of the comments here are a bit unwarranted...you may have found it boring, but to call their women ugly and what not was not necessary...more so when you pause and reflect how good looking bangladeshi men are!! Hilarious....
I am not gonna argue on the perception of beauty (obviously you find kali girls attractive, great! more for you) but who said you had to be equally good looking to appreciate beauty??

If that was the case, most of Da Vinci's artwork would have a pedophilic monkey touch to it.

I could be ugly as hell but I am not gonna settle for equally ugly girl...that just messes up the balance.....I hope your wife concurs...

btw: I am the pretty one out of me and my wife....
Old March 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Orpheus I need all the help i can get to love longer i hope YOUR wife appreciates your brutal honesty...as always you crack me up....
Old March 13, 2007, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
A whole number of things were not just right: lighting, camera focus, unstable camera to monotonous rap songs one after another (if you call that song, some weird looking guys jumping up and down like monkeys). Did anyone enjoyed it?

even more, they lost the opportunity of showing things right in day light that they wasted doing nothing. I don't know if its dish network's transmission or what, but they could barely project 50% of the required light on the screen, don't they even have flood light on the ground?
I agree with you......the whole show seemed to me done in the dark......Even when the Lara/Sobers/Buckner talked,I hardly could see them...and some parts of the show lacked the proper focus.....I thought since I was watching in the net, not in the TV........but it seems you had the similar impression.