facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default দল-নির্বাচন...!

গুটি চালাচালি? হয়তোবা!
সময়ের প্রয়োজনে?... হয়তোবা।
সামর্থ্যে অনাস্থা? ... সেটা হওয়ার সম্ভবনাই হয়তো বেশী!

কারন যাই হোক... নীচের চার্টটী একবার দেখুন। প্রতি ম্যাচে কয়জন নতুন খেলোয়াড়কে আনা হয়েছে (সবুজ), আর প্রতি ম্যাচের পর কয়জনাকে বাদ দেওয়া হয়েছে (লাল) সেটার চার্ট। বাংলাদেশ দলের বর্তমান অবস্থায় টেস্ট আর ওয়ান-ডে স্কোয়াডকে আলাদা করে দেখার কোন মানে নাই... তাই একসাথেই দেওয়া হল।

লক্ষনীয়ঃ
১) পরিবর্তন না করে কোন ম্যাচ খেলা হয়নি।
২) প্রত্যেক ম্যাচে পরিবর্তনের সংখ্যা খেয়াল করুন।
৩) শেষ ম্যাচে (ODI) স্বাভাবিকভাবেই শুধু 'নিউ-কামার' আছে আর প্রথম ম্যাচে (Test) 'বাদ পড়া'
৪) শুধুমাত্র চারজন প্লেয়ার টানা ৭ টি ইনিংস্‌ খেলেছেন। দ্বিতীয় চার্টে সিলেক্টরদের 'আস্থার প্রতীক এই প্লেয়ারদের পার্ফরমেন্স দেখানো হল।

আরো লক্ষ্যনীয়ঃ
১) মাশরাফীকে এক ম্যাচের জন্য বসিয়ে রাখা হয়েছিল
২) শাহাদাতকে খেলানো হয়েছে একটি মাত্র ODI
৩) রাসেল কি করেছিল আসলে?

এত রঙ্গে রঙ্গে ভরা চার্ট দেখে প্রশ্ন জাগেঃ সিলেক্টরেরা এত অস্থিরতায় ভুগার কারন কি? আর যাদের প্রতি অতি-আস্থা দেখাচ্ছেন, তারই বা কারন কি?

Old March 14, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

May be thay have ADHD?
Old March 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Series er maajh pothe dol nirbachoner prokriyata asholey ki? Ami jotodur jani nirbachokra series er shurute 14/15 joner dol ghoshona kore deyar por taader dayitto shesh. Erpor prottek match e ke khelbe aar ke boshbe taa nirdharon korar dayitto captain, vice captain ebong coacher. Doya kore amar ei dharonar shottota jachai korun.
Old March 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Both test and ODI teams should contain at least two older mature and performing cricketer, one designated at least as vc.

Bashar not performing, ok. Use someone like Mashud or Golla. Always keep the youth around seniors. Its a psychological boost. It also balances the team. The experience can be useful.
Old March 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Excellent post. Surely front page material. We need to bring these types of articles to front page to get attention.
Old March 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

গরীব দুখি মানুষের কষ্টের টাকা নষ্ট কইরা এমন কাপুরুষের মত খেলা। আমাগো টাকার কি দাম নাই? আমরা ট্যাক্স দেই কি এই সব আবার অথর্ব গুলারে হোটেল সোনারগা তে ফ্রি ফ্রি পেট ভইরা খাইতে আর বিদেশে বিদেশে শপিং করতে জাবার জন্য।

এই টাকা দিয়া স্কুল হইতে পারত। হাসপাতাল হইতে পারত, নতুন নতুন ব্রিজ, রাস্তা, কলেজ হইতে পারত। তা না সব হইল ফাইজলামী।এই অকর্মার ধারী রাম ছাগলের দল আর সকল নির্বাচকদের রাম ধোলাই দেওয়া উচিত
Old March 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Series er maajh pothe dol nirbachoner prokriyata asholey ki? Ami jotodur jani nirbachokra series er shurute 14/15 joner dol ghoshona kore deyar por taader dayitto shesh. Erpor prottek match e ke khelbe aar ke boshbe taa nirdharon korar dayitto captain, vice captain ebong coacher. Doya kore amar ei dharonar shottota jachai korun.
I have the same question.

Why not to dismantle the permanent selection pannel system? A pannel will be earmarked and they will be convened before each tour to sellect a team of 15 and then dislolved until next tour.
Old March 14, 2008, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Very good post. Is it possible to send this article to BCB?
Old March 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Before putting the blame on anyone, we first need to know who is making all those changes in the playing XI during a series. Is it the Rafiqul-Akram-Durjoy gang or the Siddons-Williams-Ashraful gang ?
Old March 14, 2008, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Before putting the blame on anyone, we first need to know who is making all those changes in the playing XI during a series. Is it the Rafiqul-Akram-Durjoy gang or the Siddons-Williams-Ashraful gang ?
I read in some news before 1st or 2nd ODI where Bilaymama said he will sit with the coach and captain to make the playing 11.

Aage shudhu coach captain and team manager playing 11 choose korto ekhon selectorra o add hoise..

Emni emni ki team er barote bajtese??
Old March 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I read in some news before 1st or 2nd ODI where Bilaymama said he will sit with the coach and captain to make the playing 11.

Aage shudhu coach captain and team manager playing 11 choose korto ekhon selectorra o add hoise..

Emni emni ki team er barote bajtese??
Siddons fought hard to keep the team that he wanted during NZ tour. Are you saying he is gone soft within months and now letting Rafiqul to pick the playing XI ?
Old March 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Siddons fought hard to keep the team that he wanted during NZ tour. Are you saying he is gone soft within months and now letting Rafiqul to pick the playing XI ?
I think he's fed up with the Bilay. You all know how Bilay mama talk. He's so arrogant.

Siddons probably doesn't argue with him anymore as Bilay ja bolbe tai hobe..

I guess Siddons wants to have a balanced team and thats why he's not saying anything. He's also trying to experiement with different players and finding out who's better and who's not.

But Bilay & the 2 Motku shouldn't take any part in the playing eleven selection.
Old March 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

It could be very much possible that it was the team management(Siddons-Williams-Ashraful) who were calling the shots in-between matches. Probably the selectors selected the squad before the start of test/odi series but team manageent were the ones who made the changes in between. Unless that it is clear you cant blame the selectors.

Also it is quite natural to have a different test and odi squad, you cant mix the two graphs together. Finally its better if we stop blaming selectors, coaches, support staffs etc and invent new excuse one after another. I think someone opened a thread some time back titled "No more excuses". Its the players who need to perform at the middle and take the responsibilty, unless that happens the results wont be any different. Its a shame that these players are letting the country down again and again and I dont think they feel a pinch of shame themselves because we love protecting their b**tts. The players hardly have even 1% of the passion that we fans show here in BanglaCricket.
Old March 14, 2008, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

To me, it seemed Siddons had already taken it for granted that we were no hopers against Saffers. I would not be happy about it, but I would understand if he thought there was no harm experimenting with the team during this series.

But, I will be very upset if he has gone soft and is now letting Rafiqul to pick the final XI.
Old March 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The new selection committee is utmost gadha, they may be the source of all the problems including the instability of the batsmen during the match
Old March 14, 2008, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Droping Bashar out after the first test was a very logical move. Similarly, I see no reason to criticize anyone for dropping Mushfiq from the ODI team.

Aftab was injured during the test series, so at least one rookie batsman had to be brought in for the ODI series. After the first ODI, Siddons said Zunaed was lacking confidence, so he benched him and brought in Nazim - well, the coach knows best.

However, I find it inexplicable why there were so many experiments with the bowling department during this tour. But, then again, bowling was not the reason we have been humiliated so badly in this tour.

Our batsmen failed us miserably in this tour. It did not matter whether they were given one match or five matches, all of them were inconsistent against the Saffers.
Old March 14, 2008, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

like some x captain said in prothom-alo. we have all stroke makers in the team. show me one player who is a grafter? i think problem is there. I know coach knows well but is he familiar with subcontinent pitches? I can't see why he doesn't like players like Rajin... Yeah I know we r building for future but one or two players will not hamper that. you can still get 8 players to get your combination right while you use 2/3 less talented but sure performer at least ball wise. We couldn't play 50 over in last 6 matches i think. This will be a big problem against IR too. I hope Siddons is going to watch some local games to get some idea on how to score in subcontinent and what type players he will need to at least to ensure a fighting score.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
like some x captain said in prothom-alo. we have all stroke makers in the team. show me one player who is a grafter? i think problem is there. I know coach knows well but is he familiar with subcontinent pitches? I can't see why he doesn't like players like Rajin... Yeah I know we r building for future but one or two players will not hamper that. you can still get 8 players to get your combination right while you use 2/3 less talented but sure performer at least ball wise. We couldn't play 50 over in last 6 matches i think. This will be a big problem against IR too. I hope Siddons is going to watch some local games to get some idea on how to score in subcontinent and what type players he will need to at least to ensure a fighting score.
You don't need a grafter anymore, not even in test cricket. The problem is with the quality of our stroke makers, who can rarely post a decent score at quick rate. Same thing goes for so called "grafters". They are just as bad as "stroke makers" in terms of incompetency, but they get a different label only because they can't score quick enough even in their lucky day.

Typical Bangladeshi stroke maker's innings: 10 from 15 balls or 30 from 25 balls.
Typical Bangladeshi "grafter's" innings: 5 from 15 balls or 30 from 60 balls.
Old March 14, 2008, 05:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
You don't need a grafter anymore, not even in test cricket. The problem is with the quality of our stroke makers, who can rarely post a decent score at quick rate. Same thing goes for so called "grafters". They are just as bad as "stroke makers" in terms of incompetency, but they get a different label only because they can't score quick enough even in their lucky day.

Typical Bangladeshi stroke maker's innings: 10 from 15 balls or 30 from 25 balls.
Typical Bangladeshi "grafter's" innings: 5 from 15 balls or 30 from 60 balls.
I do think that grafter is needed, there are pitches and situations in a match where grafters are assets. But he has to be a sure shot performer. Were is a sure shot gafter? Rajin saleh grafts and makes no run and gets out with almost no runs consecutively.

And you are right in saying, that 'they are just as bad as the stroke makers' Why do we have to look back? don't we have grafters in the new generation at all? who can be expected to be technically much better than the old grafters?
Old March 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

We do have two grafters in the current ODI team - Shakib and Rokib. It will be unreasonable to include more than two grafters in an ODI team.
Old March 14, 2008, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I do think that grafter is needed, there are pitches and situations in a match where grafters are assets.
What you need in ODIs is an accumulator like Collingwood who can rotate the strike in the middle overs and go for broke when necessary. We desperately need Farhad to fill in that role. And everyone saw how well Rakib batted during the middle overs. It's the notorious tradition of promising BD youngsters failing to come good making us reluctant to put any hope on a new kid
Old March 14, 2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I have some sympathy for the selectors:

After first test they had no other choice but to drop Habla. Good Decision.

They included Razzaq. He then failed with the ball, and fans started screaming " Selectors should have picked Saleh." But Razzaq replied with bat. So, selectors were relieved and it was 50-50 decision.

After second test, they had no other choice but to drop GoBoy and bring Mushy. Please visit BC threads and see how crazily fans demanded to see Dhiman.

Since Aftab didn't play, they had to find a replacemnt and it was Nazimuddin.

Also they dropped MaMu after the second test and that decision was OK. Even fans were screaming as loudly as possible to drop MaMu.

After Rafiq retirement of Rafiq, they had to find a spinner and to fill the void. They called Mosharraf Rubel because performed outdstandingly in practice match. Selectors could have picked Mahmudullah, a capped player. You can call it a mistake.

They dropped Shahdat for ODI 2 and recalled Mamu, and I will call it a mistake. MaMu should have been rested for the whole ODI series becasue he needed a good break and it would teach a good lesson to MaMu.

As for picking Nirala, I would they say that it was a 50-50. So much hype, triple centurian, even many BC fans wanted to see him.

Unforunately BD players performance was bad and we will have to find a scapegoat. And one of easiest one is to say the selectors too much chopping-changing backfired.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

I completely agree with the above post. Unless the players (esp. our batsmen) perform, nothing will change. I beg to disagree with the theme of this thread which is a very subtle and thinly veiled attempt to find a scapegoat and put the blame on our selectors instead of the real culprits.

Fool me once Shame on you, Fool me twice Shame on me.
Old March 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I have some sympathy for the selectors:

After first test they had no other choice but to drop Habla. Good Decision.

They included Razzaq. He then failed with the ball, and fans started screaming " Selectors should have picked Saleh." But Razzaq replied with bat. So, selectors were relieved and it was 50-50 decision.

After second test, they had no other choice but to drop GoBoy and bring Mushy. Please visit BC threads and see how crazily fans demanded to see Dhiman.

Since Aftab didn't play, they had to find a replacemnt and it was Nazimuddin.

Also they dropped MaMu after the second test and that decision was OK. Even fans were screaming as loudly as possible to drop MaMu.

After Rafiq retirement of Rafiq, they had to find a spinner and to fill the void. They called Mosharraf Rubel because performed outdstandingly in practice match. Selectors could have picked Mahmudullah, a capped player. You can call it a mistake.

They dropped Shahdat for ODI 2 and recalled Mamu, and I will call it a mistake. MaMu should have been rested for the whole ODI series becasue he needed a good break and it would teach a good lesson to MaMu.

As for picking Nirala, I would they say that it was a 50-50. So much hype, triple centurian, even many BC fans wanted to see him.

Unforunately BD players performance was bad and we will have to find a scapegoat. And one of easiest one is to say the selectors too much chopping-changing backfired.
what you fail to see is they could have easily picked a old ones like tusher and kapali or rajin so that new guys don't had to jump in the burning oven. At least we would have gotten 10/15 from them if not more. But instead they went with new meat when those new meats r no better than those three mentioned.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
exactly..amio tai jani.jantam na je selector ta game plan e participate kore...

however selector der ke kichu bole luv nai...player der tader bhul thik korte hobe...

na hole koek din por thread khulte hobe...iajuddin er jonno bd kharap kheltese