facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
dhiman and raqibul are certain to be in the side...
Certain? Guatenteed by whom?

Old June 3, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
dhiman and raqibul are certain to be in the side...i wouldn't drop mushy but keep him in place of nazim or even junaid ( though i like his slip fielding)
Where you been all this time ??? Teams for the next two ODI series (tri-nation and Asia Cup) have been already selected, and Dhiman and Zunaed are not in it.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

BD team scorecard reads as such: Won the toss and chose to bat first.

SNafees runout 0
Tamim bowled Mahbubul Alam 2
Ash c Nazimuddin b Rubel Hossain 16 (15)
Mushi lbw Mosharraf 25 (35)
Roqibul 52 (98)
Riyad 26
Mehrab Jr. 31
Mash 24

Ash's innings: BD team was 4 for 2. Ash comes in and starts hitting sixes. 2 sixes and then predictable out. Juta khuila pitano dorkar. A team scouted him well and i think gave him the balls to hit knowing he will mis hit. 21/3. Mushi and Roqibul was building the innings and then the lbw decision came. Tiger mama Rafiqul Alam wanted Mushi to bat out the entire innings (48+ overs) lol. I have never heard in One day game you ask a player bat 48+ overs. He is our chief selector.

New age
http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 3, 2008 at 02:28 PM..
Old June 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
BD team scorecard reads as such: Won the toss and chose to bat first.

SNafees runout 0
Tamim bowled Mahbubul Alam 2
Ash c Nazimuddin b Rubel Hossain 16 (15)
Mushi lbw Mosharraf 25 (35)
Roqibul 52 (98)
Riyad 26
Mehrab Jr. 31
Mash 24

Ash's innings: BD team was 4 for 2. Ash comes in and starts hitting sixes. 2 sixes and then predictable out. Juta khuila pitano dorkar. 21/3. Mushi and Roqibul was building the innings and then the lbw decision came. Tiger mama Rafiqul Alam wanted Mushi to bat out the entire innings (48+ overs) lol.

New age
http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html
Pakka comedy...erokom quality stuff ajkal cable eo pawa jaay na...er poro polapain complain kore.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Glad to see Riyad scoring inside and outside domestic... Hope he continues to fare well alongside Tamim and Sakib.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

The decision to take out Dhiman is already being regretted by everyone. Now if Mushy plays a few bad innings it will be bad for both Dhiman and Mushy. Pathetic Decision. Mushy should have been a replacement for batsman Aftab. Team would have been more stable if he batted up the order.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

There is no mention of how our beloved Alok Kapali did with bat. I am guessing he is one the three cheap wickets that fell after the opening stand of Nazim and Zunaed.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Now if Mushy plays a few bad innings it will be bad for both Dhiman and Mushy. .
Why it will be bad for Dhiman? Did you meant Tiger mama instead?
Old June 3, 2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Hai Hai Hai... Dhiman, the noo good player, Ashrfuller/Mushir Ijjat loot liya.
Dhiman showed his quality as a batter....now what?!!!
Replaces Ash?
Waiting for Mr. Selector's reply...
Old June 3, 2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
There is no mention of how our beloved Alok Kapali did with bat. I am guessing he is one the three cheap wickets that fell after the opening stand of Nazim and Zunaed.
Didn't he get a 100?!!!
If not, how they scored 194?
Old June 3, 2008, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

the "A team" is definitely more committed to play a better game.

i see that everybody is bashing the the selectors, but when people like Dhiman and Zunaed do not perform in the national team or in the local circuit consistently, the selectors gets nervous.

Personally i am not feeling very bad about Dhiman's omission, he is still younger than mushy and it is better for him to develop his game under less pressure. Judging from batting for the national team, his batting still needs some work... but, the same is true for every bangladeshi batsman.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

If Dhiman can produce couple more innings like this in next few matches (next practice match and A-team matches in Ireland), selectors should keep both Mushfiq and Dhiman in the A-team for England tour.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Alok made 8.
Prothom Alo.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...TAxNzEx&mid=OA==
Old June 3, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Alok made 8.
Prothom Alo.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...xNzEx&mid=OA==
I hope I am wrong, but looks like we may have replaced one Bolod with another Bolod. Lets see what he does in next warm up match.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
the "A team" is definitely more committed to play a better game.

i see that everybody is bashing the the selectors, but when people like Dhiman and Zunaed do not perform in the national team or in the local circuit consistently, the selectors gets nervous.

Personally i am not feeling very bad about Dhiman's omission, he is still younger than mushy and it is better for him to develop his game under less pressure. Judging from batting for the national team, his batting still needs some work... but, the same is true for every bangladeshi batsman.
C_P,
Dhiman is not younger than mushi but both have age on their side. If we the fans can tell 7/8 matches against the big boys (especially the circumstances the player had to face in all 7/8 matches) is not enough for anyone to show his talent the selectors should have known better.

How foolish does Rafiqul Alam's comment sound when he says Mushi should have batted out the entire innings. Mushi got in the 2nd over of the game. Rafiq wanted Mushi to play 48+ overs? why? Even gadha at times keeps quiet. But this one doesn't. has to show the world in what level his gadhami is.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Mushi got in the 2nd over of the game. Rafiq wanted Mushi to play 48+ overs?
T_E, from reports, it seems Mushfiq came to bat after the fall of Ashraful's wicket. I can be wrong though.

Anyway, I am not complaining, it does not sound like Mushfiq got out trying to do something stupid like what Tamim or Ashraful did.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

The worst part is that there will very rarely be a case where these youngsters will be able to come into bat for the national team without a lot of pressure and do what they love doing so much - play their natural game. Had Dhiman been on the other side of the board tonight, it is very likely he would soon find himself stranded on a deserted island with a bunch of tail-enders.

Guys like Mushy and Dhiman need to be batted up the order in the national team and need to be accompanied by senior players who can take on more responsibility and promise to perform damage control if they screw up. That is the only way younger players can settle down in the team and in international cricket and the only way that we can prosper as a unit. The way our double A batteries have been dying lately, this doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
C_P,
How foolish does Rafiqul Alam's comment sound when he says Mushi should have batted out the entire innings.
Now we know, who will be the prime candidate for this upcomming "scapegoat of the series."

Now we also know who is the thinktank behind Ash's outrageous excuses in the past.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

so who still thinks BD can win a group match and EARN a place in the finals?

any takers??

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 3, 2008, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Meh, we'll win 'em all.

But if we field our A team, we'll win the world cup.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This guy robin (Mahbubul Alam) is impressive, first he shatters aftab's finger and now he has shattered the stumps of tamim iqbal.
Old June 3, 2008, 03:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Lets see the what happened for last few months...

- Our national players did ok/average in NCL. Some above average some below average.

- When we selected three teams with a pool of selected players, the younger team lead by Sakib wins games against team lead by National team captain and consist of more experienced/established national players.

- Our 2nd Team lead by Sakib did well again SA warmup matches both in one day as well as 4 days; whereas our national team did poorly against SA.

- Except for few youngsters, more or less our national players ( mainly the more experienced players) did poorly against Pakistan in the whitewash series.

- Our national players ( mainly the more experienced players) did poorly in local league to the point that few of them were even droped from the local team for peformance related reasons.

- We kept most of the experienced players who failed both locally and inernationally (in recent games) with the logic that they are experienced and talented and therefore they will click. We brought one 'puranu Papi' with the hope that he regained his form back and dropped atleast one youngster who was not even the bottom five 'non-performer'

- Now the warm-up matches. First one gone. All the ususal suspects failed again as usual. 2nd one still to be played.

Some fans stills hope against all odds.... ignoring the warning written in the wall for a long time now ....thats why they are fans I guess.

Selectors doesn't realize that you cannot improve a team by doing either:
a) Replaceing one non-performer with another.
b) Replacing one moderate performer with another moderate non-performer.

So what you do as a fan who sees the warnining written in the wall for a while now?
I guess just go to hibernation... prepare to survive for the long winter and hope for a good spring in the future when all the snow and the mess ( I mean Tiger Mama and his Bolods) are gone ...
Old June 3, 2008, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
This guy robin (Mahbubul Alam) is impressive, first he shatters aftab's finger and now he has shattered the stumps of tamim iqbal.
That's what I have just said in another thread. Robin seems to have some kind of anti-bolodamy mojo
Old June 3, 2008, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
T_E, from reports, it seems Mushfiq came to bat after the fall of Ashraful's wicket. I can be wrong though...
You may be right. Mushi may come on 3rd down. However, 21/3 would be either less than six overs for sure. Which leaves 44+ overs. Not that much difference with 48+ overs.

Can someone buy some duck tape and donate it to Rafiqul Alam please.
Old June 3, 2008, 04:07 PM
Cricket Savant

If Mushi is any type of example then the selectors and fans need to take some heed from him.

National team off form. Went back to the Domestic cricket to get back the lost form. National team is not where one regains his form. One can not regain form in pressurised situation. Intl matches are most pressurised games one can play.

Let us see who is the other off form players.

1. Ashraful: Nope. He is just a nadan. He is never in off-form. Floating Eid boy!! Any time it may happen.
2. Zunaid: See Bashar.
3. Aftab: I have played well - type of players.
4. Bashar: I am doing great in the nets. Luck is not favoring me.
5. SN: Use to be off form against Big boys, now it seems Ashraful batic is catching me. Can't score even in local matches. What are you going to do about it? Punish me? Then you have to punish Ash first.

All five needs to play the entire 2008 domestic cricket. If that makes them skip the series against Aus, SA so be it. Let them understand their faults and limitations and play accordingly.