facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 10, 2017, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default "Fire and Fury" North Korea plans to attack Guam in Mid-August

The hermit nation finally has capabilities to strike most of US with its ICBM arsenal, their previous test saw them develop a long range missile capable of striking 66% of America, most of Australia and US neighbours.

Sources:http://www.smh.com.au/world/north-ko...10-gxt75c.html

Source:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-1...nsense/8792324

Old August 10, 2017, 06:53 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Kim needs to bend the knee or else Donald Targariyan might come with Fire and Blood..err I mean Fire and Fury
Old August 10, 2017, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Kim needs to bend the knee or else Donald Targariyan might come with Fire and Blood..err I mean Fire and Fury
Is there a inside joke, I am missing?
Old August 10, 2017, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

North Korea is a joke, I will be surprised if their missiles actually fly let alone hitting US. Companies like Lockheed Martin, Boeing runs the US, they need a steady supply of enemies which US can fight and beat by conventional means to keep their weapon industry up and running. Afghanistan, Iraq and now its time for NK and Iran, I mean seriously? US spends nearly a trillion dollars on defense what credible threat can puny NK pose barring Kim's brainfarts time to time?

US does have real enemies, Russia and China, can US take them out conventionally? Yes, but it will burn out a huge chunk of their military Arsenal and they don't wanna risk a nuclear war. Having nuclear technology means nothing, you need to have delivery system, NK has jack neither does Iran.

Just to give you an example how much technologically advanced US really is, they have been flying 5th generation fighter planes since the 90's, check out their strategic bomber called B2 spirit, that thing look like a fcukin alien spaceship or something from the future. Rest of the world is still flying 4th generation planes and Russia, China are still testing their 5th generation planes j20 and Pak Fa, none of these are operational yet, and when operational they will hardly be a match for F22 Raptors or even F35 as US technology is like decades ahead of both Russia and China. Hell US is working on 6th generation planes and probably introduce them soon as Russia's Pak Fa becomes operational. US has over 20 operational aircraft carriers to monitor the world, rest of the world combined has less than 10. India has 2, Russia, China, UK, France, Spain all operate a carrier each, all of these combined will look like liliput's speedboats in front US Nimitz class mega carriers.

The point here I am trying to make is US is a military behemoth, the sole hyper power of the world, has been maintaing a generation gap with the rest of the world in terms of defense tech and innovation. NK with its tinpot dictator and ww2 junks is no threat to USA despite what Hollywood media wants you to believe.
Old August 10, 2017, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Roy_1,
US is very fragile. Another War will kill the economy as the National debt will increase exponentially. NK has nothing to offer. No Oil, No pipelines, nothing. No reason for US to start another war. It is all bully tactics.

Afghanistan is the most attractive country to have a pipeline to get to the old Russian states who have a huge oil supply. Currently it is not cost effective to transport it through the rugged area via black sea. That is why the pipeline is so important for the western world, India, and China. Saudis, gulf may run out of oil very soon. Russians tried it and failed because of US cold war assistance. Now US are trying but failing miserably with the puppet government. Loss of lives, trillions of dollars are collateral damage for securing future oil access.
Old August 10, 2017, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dear Roy_1,
US is very fragile. Another War will kill the economy as the National debt will increase exponentially. NK has nothing to offer. No Oil, No pipelines, nothing. No reason for US to start another war. It is all bully tactics.

Afghanistan is the most attractive country to have a pipeline to get to the old Russian states who have a huge oil supply. Currently it is not cost effective to transport it through the rugged area via black sea. That is why the pipeline is so important for the western world, India, and China. Saudis, gulf may run out of oil very soon. Russians tried it and failed because of US cold war assistance. Now US are trying but failing miserably with the puppet government. Loss of lives, trillions of dollars are collateral damage for securing future oil access.
Sir,

It is actually the opposite, their economy thrives though wars, war is a necessity to sustain the defense industry worth billions of dollars. This US "Fragile" thingy has been going on since the 70's, back then it was USSR, then Japan (Only economically) then China, after the recent somewhat resurgence of Russia its China Russia combined now, USA is still going stronger than ever. It can crush every single soul on the planet within a blink of an eye. The only true enemy USA ever had, a foe that literally had the means to challenge US's domination was USSR, after the disintegration of the Soviets US is militarily almost invincible now, no country poses any credible threat to it. China may overtake US one day by GDP but it will not be even remotely close to being a military super power in generations to come. If economy alone could make you super power Japan and Germany would have been super powers too. USA has military presence in every corner in every strategic locations of the earth, Atlantic, pacific, middle east, far east and yes even South Asia (Check out Diego Garcia). Do you know who has the strongest navy in Asia? No it's not Russia, China or India, it is US seventh fleet stationed in Japan, a small fraction of their actual naval power. We all know US has the largest and strongest air force, now which is the second largest? It is US Navy' air arm, yes US navy has an air force of its own which is bigger than Russian and Chinese airforce combined. China can't even dominate it's own backyard (South China Sea disputes) let alone dominating Asia or the world someday. US on the other hand can take on any country on the world on its own backyard and still be numerically and technologically superior. US is basically a beehive that attracts top notch talents from all over the world, it may not be economically no 1 in some time but it will continue to be the sole super power and continue dominating the world by means of both soft and hard power, culturally and militarily for a long long time.

You are right about NK though, it has nothing to offer, with bases in South Korea and japan US already has more than enough power to keep China and Russia at bay. However I do not completely agree with you about Afghanistan, US is not done yet, I would not term it a complete failure yet. But then again brute power does not always ensure success and peace.

Regards
Old August 10, 2017, 11:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Is there a inside joke, I am missing?
GOT reference
Old August 10, 2017, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Kim in the north
Old August 10, 2017, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
North Korea is a joke, I will be surprised if their missiles actually fly let alone hitting US. Companies like Lockheed Martin, Boeing runs the US, they need a steady supply of enemies which US can fight and beat by conventional means to keep their weapon industry up and running. Afghanistan, Iraq and now its time for NK and Iran, I mean seriously? US spends nearly a trillion dollars on defense what credible threat can puny NK pose barring Kim's brainfarts time to time?

US does have real enemies, Russia and China, can US take them out conventionally? Yes, but it will burn out a huge chunk of their military Arsenal and they don't wanna risk a nuclear war. Having nuclear technology means nothing, you need to have delivery system, NK has jack neither does Iran.

Just to give you an example how much technologically advanced US really is, they have been flying 5th generation fighter planes since the 90's, check out their strategic bomber called B2 spirit, that thing look like a fcukin alien spaceship or something from the future. Rest of the world is still flying 4th generation planes and Russia, China are still testing their 5th generation planes j20 and Pak Fa, none of these are operational yet, and when operational they will hardly be a match for F22 Raptors or even F35 as US technology is like decades ahead of both Russia and China. Hell US is working on 6th generation planes and probably introduce them soon as Russia's Pak Fa becomes operational. US has over 20 operational aircraft carriers to monitor the world, rest of the world combined has less than 10. India has 2, Russia, China, UK, France, Spain all operate a carrier each, all of these combined will look like liliput's speedboats in front US Nimitz class mega carriers.

The point here I am trying to make is US is a military behemoth, the sole hyper power of the world, has been maintaing a generation gap with the rest of the world in terms of defense tech and innovation. NK with its tinpot dictator and ww2 junks is no threat to USA despite what Hollywood media wants you to believe.
The F-35 is a joke of an aircraft, it costs 1.5 Trillion dollars to invent, it isn`t even up to par with the F-22

US only have 187 F-22 operational, the Russian PAK-FA is much better than the F-35, but definitely not better than the f-22.
Old August 10, 2017, 09:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

This is unnecessary
Old August 11, 2017, 09:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Kim in the north
lol good one..kim in the north korea!
Old August 14, 2017, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Sir,

It is actually the opposite, their economy thrives though wars, war is a necessity to sustain the defense industry worth billions of dollars. This US "Fragile" thingy has been going on since the 70's, back then it was USSR, then Japan (Only economically) then China, after the recent somewhat resurgence of Russia its China Russia combined now, USA is still going stronger than ever. It can crush every single soul on the planet within a blink of an eye. The only true enemy USA ever had, a foe that literally had the means to challenge US's domination was USSR, after the disintegration of the Soviets US is militarily almost invincible now, no country poses any credible threat to it. China may overtake US one day by GDP but it will not be even remotely close to being a military super power in generations to come. If economy alone could make you super power Japan and Germany would have been super powers too. USA has military presence in every corner in every strategic locations of the earth, Atlantic, pacific, middle east, far east and yes even South Asia (Check out Diego Garcia). Do you know who has the strongest navy in Asia? No it's not Russia, China or India, it is US seventh fleet stationed in Japan, a small fraction of their actual naval power. We all know US has the largest and strongest air force, now which is the second largest? It is US Navy' air arm, yes US navy has an air force of its own which is bigger than Russian and Chinese airforce combined. China can't even dominate it's own backyard (South China Sea disputes) let alone dominating Asia or the world someday. US on the other hand can take on any country on the world on its own backyard and still be numerically and technologically superior. US is basically a beehive that attracts top notch talents from all over the world, it may not be economically no 1 in some time but it will continue to be the sole super power and continue dominating the world by means of both soft and hard power, culturally and militarily for a long long time.

You are right about NK though, it has nothing to offer, with bases in South Korea and japan US already has more than enough power to keep China and Russia at bay. However I do not completely agree with you about Afghanistan, US is not done yet, I would not term it a complete failure yet. But then again brute power does not always ensure success and peace.

Regards
If this was true, US would have finished Iraq and Afghanistan war long time back. Afghanistan engagement is the longest standing war US is in ever. They have used every imaginable bombs (non-nuclear or chemical [suspect]) in those two regions. Every military machineries, every satellite - drone technology; yet, can't defeat bunch of untrained regular people who just picked up arms for whatever cause or craziness. And the casualty count gets bigger.

War economy (fighting on others' land) can stimulate jobs locally; and private weapon makers, contractors get rich; AND Govt. incurs debt. Takes it out eventually from the tax payers or reprints money.
Old August 14, 2017, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

People are forgetting the fact that North Korea is one of the most isolated countries in the world today. They spend a huge amount on just their military alone. I feel really bad for the people there. If you look at South Korea on the other hand, the country is thriving. Didn't they hosted the world cup back in 02 or something? that says a lot if so...