facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 15, 2005, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Default \"God lives in Bangladesh...\"

A British friend of mine went to Bangladesh for an official visit. He came back and told me "if there is a God, then the God lives in Bangladesh."

He mentioned:

1. It takes 2.5 hr to travel 2 miles in a car in Dhaka
2. They use motor oil to fry food in restaurants.
3. They use Mortin as preservative for fish and other items,
4. They use poisonous chemicals as food colors and mix it with species
5. They use phosphorus in Chanacur
6. Water line and City sewer has merged
7. Skyscrapers are built on soft land and they still stand!
8. You will soon need oxygen musk to breathe in Dhaka
9. Almost half of Bangladesh lives in Dhaka
10. Half of BD graduates do not have a job, so they become "Mastans" and "Chandabj" or "Politician".
11. Private clinics are conducting abortions of secret love affairs of University/School girls [good for Brits they can get it done there safely!]
12. Like doctors, all teachers including pre-k and kindergarden teachers have private practice
13. Fresh bottled water has flies, grass and paper in them!
14. There is no guarantee if you will be able to go to airport or not cos it may be "Hartal."
15. Prostitutes are available very cheap but they all have AIDS

Edited on, August 15, 2005, 8:44 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.

Old August 16, 2005, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

dawah.tabligh if you are saddened by the condition of muslims then with the conditions of bangladeshis what should you be? But you should know that even in the midst all these, there is progress that motivates us to do better.
Old August 17, 2005, 02:40 AM
Club Cricketer

and satan lives in england
Old August 17, 2005, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i petty your friend who only saw the half empty glass.....
Old August 17, 2005, 04:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax
Old August 17, 2005, 04:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dawah.tabligh
Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax
Sure does! And now in Bangladesh too! I hope they catch him.
Old August 17, 2005, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Both God and Satan lives in Bangladesh and they are now playing hide and seek games with the Bangladeshis.
Old August 18, 2005, 11:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
Both God and Satan lives in Bangladesh and they are now playing hide and seek games with the Bangladeshis.

no kidding. In fact, in every district of Bangladesh. Satan is masquerading as God. Hope the Jack and Jill masses of Bangladesh can see that.
Old August 18, 2005, 02:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Oh Allah,
the Most Forgiving, Merciful, most gracious spare us from your wrath, guide us because without your guidance there is no guide.

Oh Allah,
the Just, the Punisher, the Supreme Judge; punish those who hurts people, destroys property unjustly.

Since you live in BD, you will hear my request.

Edited on, August 18, 2005, 7:31 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old August 18, 2005, 04:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallow be thy name. Thy Kindgdom Come. Thy Will be done. On Earth as it is in heaven. Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who trespass agaist us, and deliver us from evil.

amen.

Please Lord merciful and ever forgiving, help Bangladesh, my third adopted country by marriage, after Canada and the Czech Republic, rid itself of the murderous and evil satan worshipers, posing as your disciples. Please let the brothers and sisters of Bangladesh resolve their differences, so they can fight this evil scourge hurting innocent people and stopping business, economy, education a prosperity occuring for the masses. Please guide the future Bangladeshi leader, whomever he/she is, to unite them all for the just stated purpose.
Amen.

I went to a Roman Catholic School.
.........just incase.........
I thought I'd add "my God's" help.

Maybe Jehovah and Allah can both work together!

Either way, one of these religions should have the right God, so can't help if we both call for help right?
Old August 19, 2005, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

God is one, you can call him whatever you want.

However, there is no need to make jokes about "Gods working together". Muslims consider Allah, or God to be one, this belief is the basic tenet of Islam
Old August 19, 2005, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
God is one, you can call him whatever you want.

However, there is no need to make jokes about "Gods working together". Muslims consider Allah, or God to be one, this belief is the basic tenet of Islam
I always get these people telling me Jehovah is the real God. I say, "Yes he is, and so is Allah" They are up there somewhere shaking hands right now, and my wife and I are proof!" I smile and laugh as I say this, comment. It is not meant to offend.

Last night at Yak Yak comedy festival, the comic made fun of all 5 religions, including the Muslims, yet only the Muslims would get upset. Why is that? If your belief is strong, there is no need to feel challanged my friend. Many use humour to lighten things up, not meant to disrespect. Still, knowing my Muslim friends, I was all paranoyed with my head down, going "oh ****" But everyone seemed to laugh. wwhheeefff!!!
Old August 19, 2005, 04:17 PM
Test Cricketer

oh and p.s. That is a real prayer. I WAS really praying. Whose to know for sure who is right? This way we both got our prayer in right? That part was not a joke. If there is a God, I want him to hear our prayers for peace.
Old August 19, 2005, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

The real pitty should be for us, the privileged people, as God says privileged people will be held more accountable for their deeds on the day of judgment than those who are underprivilege and oppressed. Knowing all those facts, most of us do very little to make any difference. Just look at NRI's and how much they are contributing in the economy of their native country, even though many of them are no longer citizen of that country, many of them are not even born in that country.

Edited on, August 19, 2005, 9:36 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old August 19, 2005, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

According to Islam, questioning the Allah’s absolute authorship of the Qur’an is a serious blasphemy.

Growing up muslims learn to fear of questioning and being curious about Islam and things that you feel do not make sense. So they even do not dare to make fun of it because doing so they feel they might be punished by Allah. Another thing I feel is that Muslims feel that the rest are out there to attack islam and so they should be always protecting islam and muslims all over the universe.

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
Last night at Yak Yak comedy festival, the comic made fun of all 5 religions, including the Muslims, yet only the Muslims would get upset. Why is that? If your belief is strong, there is no need to feel challanged my friend. Many use humour to lighten things up, not meant to disrespect. Still, knowing my Muslim friends, I was all paranoyed with my head down, going "oh ****" But everyone seemed to laugh. wwhheeefff!!!
Old August 19, 2005, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
According to Islam, questioning the Allah’s absolute authorship of the Qur’an is a serious blasphemy.

Growing up muslims learn to fear of questioning and being curious about Islam and things that you feel do not make sense. So they even do not dare to make fun of it because doing so they feel they might be punished by Allah. Another thing I feel is that Muslims feel that the rest are out there to attack islam and so they should be always protecting islam and muslims all over the universe.
Wow Allrounder. That is truly interesting. I think I am scratching the surface at understand the Muslim mindset. So many misunderstanding.....

It must be truly difficult for many Muslims living in Western society anywhere. wow. I hope at least some of us here in theis forum are bridging the gaps to understanding.

Oh Cr****p!! It's 3:30pm. We are supposed to go on honeymoon soon. I have a list of chores!!!! Oh my God......she's gonna kill me...again.....
Old August 19, 2005, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Islam grew up in a very hostile environment and early Muslims were laughing stocks for the rest of their communities (Even Koran mentions it. This statements also applies to all the prophets, remember how people used to make fun of Noah?), but Muslims used to care very little about those facts. It is very sad that some Muslims are nowadays so touchy regarding people's remark on their own religion and keep themselves busy protecting their identity instead of showing and telling people what this religion is all about.

Edited on, August 19, 2005, 11:02 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old August 19, 2005, 06:06 PM
Administrator

If there is a benevolent God - it should not matter if you lead a good life (even if you do not conform to the rituals)

If there is a malevolent god - it does not matter does it?

If god is in between - Then god is not God

And to echo an old Afghan proverb -
If God is with you, why hurry? If God is against you, why hurry?