facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 1, 2014, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Arafat Sunny is more to do with accuracy, reading the batsman and adapting line and length.

Taijul on the other hand is a classical bowler, plenty of loop, flight. For a long while we wanted a Rafique, and this guy shows signs of developing into someone of that quality. I would back Taijul as he is not someone who other teams have seen a lot of. And perhaps a better long term prospect who would benefit immensely from this World Cup experience. And its not that Arafat Sunny can do anything drastically different.

Old December 2, 2014, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Arafat Sunny is more to do with accuracy, reading the batsman and adapting line and length.

Taijul on the other hand is a classical bowler, plenty of loop, flight. For a long while we wanted a Rafique, and this guy shows signs of developing into someone of that quality. I would back Taijul as he is not someone who other teams have seen a lot of. And perhaps a better long term prospect who would benefit immensely from this World Cup experience. And its not that Arafat Sunny can do anything drastically different.
Hmmm....I will still back Sunny. I am not making a comparison between "oh, who is better of the two" such arguments are very futile when both of them Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin have performed admirably and clinically well given any chances, perhaps we can benefit from both given our lack of bite in the pace department.

We can perhaps make that type of comparison once they have over 30 matches(i.e. sufficient amount of international experience such that have played cricket in a variety of pitches against quality international standard Batting unit) under their belt and see where or how far they have progressed/digressed in their career.
Old December 2, 2014, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Sunny is more of a container which means he is suited for shorter versions. Taijul will be more successful in terms of taking wickets particularly in tests

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 2, 2014, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Sunny is more of a container which means he is suited for shorter versions. Taijul will be more successful in terms of taking wickets particularly in tests

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
the best way of containing is taking wicket. I would take any day a bowler with 5/60 in 10 overs over a bowler with 0/25 in 10. Because opponent could make marry over other bowlers in case of very good second bowler
Old December 2, 2014, 04:24 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He reminds me of Rafique. Similar action and Im sure he will be better thsn Rafique in the coming days. Very impressive...
Old January 2, 2015, 12:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

They should have had Taijul, his hat-trick was a big moment.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/review20...ry/810449.html
Old January 2, 2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
They should have had Taijul, his hat-trick was a big moment.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/review20...ry/810449.html
Also, Shak should have there too.

Well, we have them in our mind!
Old January 4, 2015, 12:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

to the cricinfo cognoscenti, Bangladesh is দুধ ভাত
Old January 4, 2015, 08:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

I like his batting too. will be a useful lower order batsman. better than Razzak
Old May 4, 2015, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Taijul is now 31st on the Test bowlers' ranking, jointly with Mitchell Starc.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/player-rankings/mens-test
Old May 4, 2015, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We need a month long contract with Saqi. Or send him to a spinners academy or something for a month.
I don't think any Pakistani will be useful for us anymore .. Situation is no more there.

Moreover, I think Saqlain is over rated as a coach. He's failing to improve Pakistani bowlers, what will he do with our bowlers .. Better from Srilanka and not so much a big star .. And if you need star, call Murali ...

Mushtaque is sitting with Pak spinners and they aren't improving ., so I don't trust Pakistani ex players as coach at all ... Sorry it's not a political matter, but it's more of their inability to deliver as a coach.
Old May 4, 2015, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't think any Pakistani will be useful for us anymore .. Situation is no more there.

Moreover, I think Saqlain is over rated as a coach. He's failing to improve Pakistani bowlers, what will he do with our bowlers .. Better from Srilanka and not so much a big star .. And if you need star, call Murali ...

Mushtaque is sitting with Pak spinners and they aren't improving ., so I don't trust Pakistani ex players as coach at all ... Sorry it's not a political matter, but it's more of their inability to deliver as a coach.
Bro I think you are confused aftar watching Saqlain in PTV shows. Those are entertainment shows and I don't think we should take them seriously.

Saqlain did produce good results the last time he was here and he is still technically the soundest off-spinner alive, along with Swann. I think he's still a good coaching option.

Murali would be a better option though. That man had a genius mind. He could tell what the batsman would do even before the batsman thought of it.
Old May 4, 2015, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:

I'm with you on the points you made makes perfect sense. Fully agree.

Just liked to add also... Please. No Pakistani coaching stuff ever again. just don't want any one ever again from there.
Old May 5, 2015, 07:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

His bowling is actually quite ordinary, nothing like world class, Australia, south africa, NZ, indians ra pitabe, same goes with Taskin.
Old May 5, 2015, 07:20 AM
Banned

His bowling action seems to be the best going around I world cricket as a spinner. Very clean action. His bowling as a whole is good. He can become much better with time. Has the ingredients to succeed.
Old May 5, 2015, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Taijul is a young bowler and needs to be groomed properly. I just hope he isnt the likes of spinners likeElias Sunny who disappear into the abyss after a short period of success
Old May 5, 2015, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

We have suhwarardi Shuvo. He can be a good coach than the ex Pakistan spinners
Old May 5, 2015, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Go bird pokemon go
Old May 5, 2015, 01:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Bro I think you are confused aftar watching Saqlain in PTV shows. Those are entertainment shows and I don't think we should take them seriously.

Saqlain did produce good results the last time he was here and he is still technically the soundest off-spinner alive, along with Swann. I think he's still a good coaching option.

Murali would be a better option though. That man had a genius mind. He could tell what the batsman would do even before the batsman thought of it.
No I know the difference between PTV shows and coaching credentials. But one of his admission during that show is also revealing, that While Mushy preferred to open bowling with Gazi against Gayle, he was shocked since Mushy even didn't tell him before the match. Shohag took Gayles wicket without any tips from saklayne, as he was saying, how to bowl in opening. That was Gazi's debut & he only had a bad first ball, but recovered well.

The only bowler came up during his time was this Shohag Gazi, who was otherwise taking wickets in domestic. I give him the credit, but Unfortunately that only success of him, was banned for wrong action. So that should tell you about his quality of coaching.

Shakib & SLAs hardly had anything to take from Saklayne .. he might have been a good player in his time, but hasn't have any huge success even after working with 5/6 boards on short stints. None kept him for long. Pak used him to remodel Ajmal .. But you can see, no result.

Apart from coaching ability, you have seen Pakistani mentality towards Bangladesh already, if you still think any Pakistani will make any sincere effort to develop our cricket,then you need to have a closer look, They don't consider Bangalis good enough to talk to them eye to eye, even after 45 years of separation, that's not something I would expect...

On top of that, icing on the cake would be to get connected to bookies through them for betting and drugs etc all wrong practices .. The epidemic that almost destroyed Paksitan cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I'm with you on the points you made makes perfect sense. Fully agree.

Just liked to add also... Please. No Pakistani coaching stuff ever again. just don't want any one ever again from there.
Yes I guess they lack sincerity & quality in coaching
Old May 5, 2015, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I agree with you on Saqlain. His only achievement from his coaching stint with us was Gazi, but then again Gazi's performance took an absolute u turn when he left. I dont think he has achieved anything significant with West Indies. Even Pakistan refused to give him an extension to correct Ajmal's action-for which he was charging an abnormally high whopping amount.

All those things he said during the interview really showed an ugly side. Unprofessional, lack of respect. We wouldnt want someone like that associated with our cricket. No Thanks!
Old May 5, 2015, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq

Murali is known more to be a mentor/motivational coach. But its true Nathan Lyon has learned a lot under him.

Sri Lanka's highest regarded spin coach is a man called Piyal Wijetunge. He is pretty much behind all the Sri Lankan spinners who have emerged in recent years. He's Sri Lanka's go to guy to fix actions, groom young talent be it at under 19, national team level.

BCB tried to sign him along with Kalpage and Hathurusingha, but SLC managed to lure him to extend his stint.

Things are not rosy though at Sri Lanka cricket. Its in serious transition. Chaminda Vaas's contract hasnt been renewed-on mutual agreement. Might not be a bad idea to have another go at Wijetunge and get him to work at academy level with all age group spinners and national level spinners when they have time off.

We musnt underestimate Ruwan Kalpage either. He's probably not as nuts and bolts as Wijetunge, but he can get the job done. Nasir seems to have improved a bit under him.
Old October 25, 2016, 10:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I just hope he works with both battinG and bowling.

Can be the dogged tailender...
Old October 25, 2016, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Body language needs to improve. Why always look আসামী হাজির??
Old October 25, 2016, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

His body language is 5 times better than that of Riad. Riad looks like a kid who has been caught doing haram things.
Old October 25, 2016, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Taijul Islam - Remember the name !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thpbXAjc_Lw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thpbXAjc_Lw