facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2007, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

England 121/3

I want England to be in good form. I dont want Bangladesh to win due to England having a bad day. Either we play good and win or dont win at all. Dont want to win because of some other team having a bad day. It has happened before. Not again please. Time to play at our best.

Old April 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

i;m going to win 240 euros tonight ...bet 200 euros on srilanka after saw srilanka made 235. Thats more than good enough for england to lose. I will even bet on srilanka against even aus if they score more than 250 runs.
Lets have a pregame party!
Old April 4, 2007, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
i;m going to win 240 euros tonight ...bet 200 euros on srilanka after saw srilanka made 235. Thats more than good enough for england to lose. I will even bet on srilanka against even aus if they score more than 250 runs.
Getting closer 133/5
Old April 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:

Quote:
Getting closer 133/5
Even quicker 133/6
Old April 4, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

nixon/bupara is there anything you could do against murali.....comeon man lets make it quicker
Old April 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
Test Cricketer

A dream team...SL...if they deserve to go to semi...great zeal never gave up even having score 230. Great bowlers...I am amazed!!
Old April 4, 2007, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

we should model this Sri lankan team, their atttude and most importantly..STRATEGY!
1.They have have their best batsmen batting on top of the order compared to us having Ahraful come at #6.
2.They select bowlers that are different but complement each other (Vaas/Malinga/Murai compared to our pedictable and toothless SLAs)
3.They are not afraid to make a move when needed (compared to Hablu taking PPs even when the game lasts 30 overs)
Old April 4, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Bond is exception, but otherwise today's English bowling and kiwi bowling of that match is fairly equal. Mason couldn't bowl after 2.3 overs, Franklin also didn't bowl more than few overs (he's not known for great controlled bowling anyway). Consider Oram = Flintoff, Vettori = Panesar, Styris = Collingwood and Anderson + Mahmood = Bond, now you get the picture.
Vetorri = Panesar?? That should stop any of my arguements. Psychologist can't make him, nor can English Media.
Quote:
I missed most of today's play, but I highly doubt that this pitch is better than the pitch of the NZ game. If Srilanka loses today's match, their captain would be the first one to admit that it wasn't a great/flawless batting performance by his team.
That is a big "if" you are banking on. When a team is allout 1/2 outs can be the reason of the batsmen mistakes. That is true for every losing captain.
Quote:
Spending time to get set is only meaningful when you can build on that start. Good batsmen become headache for the opposition when they get set, and players like JO become headache for his own team when they get set.

A shack is always a shack, it doesn't matter whether it is built on the foundation of a skyscraper or not.
I know what you are saying and am not against that. But for the sake of arguement only I can pull out several cards such as, judge by one match after not giving a chance for so long? (I didn't pick him in the WC 11 either - Forhad should have been there) However, give that man some credit for coming in after so long being away and giving a decent start. Its the team that we need to support not individual. SN was terrible in the last outings. He did perform better than SN even if that is a snail paced 25.

Quote:
It depends very much on the strength on middle order/lower middle order. With Australia/South Africa/New Zealand, it is almost always possible. Lesser quality middle order/lower middle order will find it much harder (as Srilanka have found in this tournament). With our batting order, the probability is far less (go through history for proof).
So here we are. You do admit our problem in the middle order where bashar and ash reside. blaming JO, Mehrab or Sakib for a lower SR will not take you to 300 unless Bashar and Ash hold up enough water.

Quote:
Teams like Australia/South Africa will look to score 300 everytime they play on a batting track. In our case, we should always target 250 if we are indeed trying to improve.

This is not 90's. 300+ is not considered unchaseable anymore. In such time if we are not mentally prepared to score 250/chase 250, then we will definitely not improve.
We have a target and we can chase down 250. An opener playing 40 runs 80 balls, or 3o runs 60 balls allows that to happen. building platform that is.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Vetorri = Panesar?? That should stop any of my arguements. Psychologist can't make him, nor can English Media.
Because both are similar type bowlers, and neither of them are having a great tournament. I also made Oram = Flintoff, because they are similar type of bowler and both are having a good tournament with ball.

Quote:
I know what you are saying and am not against that. But for the sake of arguement only I can pull out several cards such as, judge by one match after not giving a chance for so long? (I didn't pick him in the WC 11 either - Forhad should have been there) However, give that man some credit for coming in after so long being away and giving a decent start. Its the team that we need to support not individual. SN was terrible in the last outings. He did perform better than SN even if that is a snail paced 25.
Everyone knows that JO doesn't select himself. Team management should've kept faith on SN. You said it yourself that Tharanga and SN are similar type batsman. Tharanga scored two fifties, but he is not really playing well. Still their management kept faith in him. Against NZ, we got a batting track to bat on where bowlers didn't get any extra advantage. SN could use that time in the middle to regain his touch. He is more likely to convert a slow start into a substantial score than JO.

Quote:
So here we are. You do admit our problem in the middle order where bashar and ash reside. blaming JO, Mehrab or Sakib for a lower SR will not take you to 300 unless Bashar and Ash hold up enough water.
We are not even targeting 300. To get 250 we need a decent start, at least 80 (preferably 100) without losing more than couple of wickets. Then we can hope that our vulnerable middle order could build something substantial on it. It is impractical to ask more from this middle order (both accelerating the RR considerably and keeping wickets intact).

Quote:
We have a target and we can chase down 250. An opener playing 40 runs 80 balls, or 3o runs 60 balls allows that to happen. building platform that is.
We've chased 250 only once. It will be considered as an exception rather than norm (like SA chasing 434), unless we can repeat that feat regularly. You can't start with a opener in the team who is at best capable of 40 from 80 balls, because you can't count on him to do this everyday and his teammates to do the cover up job everyday. As an anchor type ODI opener, you need someone who can both dig in and accelerate. If we really had to swap SN, we should've gone for Rajin, who can play few shots other than the square cut. Premeditated defensive mindset is always a recipe for disaster. The strategy always should be playing according to condition and merit of ball, not according to name of the opposition and bowler's name.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
Test Cricketer

This game is so exciting...this is called cricket one day cricket...our players should stop playing para moholla cricket.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

lol...this is getting interesting.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Nail biting... finish.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

12 from 6

Doable. My!
Old April 4, 2007, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Sajid Mahmood the new man in. oh, the tension!
Old April 4, 2007, 04:24 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

This is gonna be interesting!
Administrator

I want SL to win....
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Administrator

7 from 4 now
Test Cricketer

if Lanka looses it will bad luck! They gave such a fight with SA and now here!
briliant cric.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
Administrator

5 from 3
Old April 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

looks like england will take it.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

4 off 2.. Mahmood on strike!
Old April 4, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

What a game!!
Administrator

3 off the last ball...
Administrator

4 from 2
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

4 off 2. will Mahmood screw this up?