facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2018, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Prepare your world cup squad

Start preparing your squad. Ultimately we should unanimously all end with a list that will not only have overlap but isometric match.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Imrul Kayes (you put two explosive openers together (Tamim and Kayes) and if we are 2 down for nought and Soumya comes and ffin panics then we will lose 3.. but should Tamim perish first ball - worst case scenario- Soumya will want to leapfrog over his 20-30 barrier to get settled before exploding.)

Also start picturing an ideal case scenario where we have to play India in the final or some s... See, my problem is...lol... even though I am single I ALWAYS expected rejection. Thus when I hit on the hot females, and sometimes when she says 'yes' it takes me aback (obaaack arki jeta amra banglay bole thaki arki.. as Shamim would say). So suppose S !HTF ... does not.. does not.. then we DO reach the damned final against ... yes frikkin India for the umpteenth time (Frankly only 3 teams are playing major cricket nowadays in the international arena : Us, India and England*.. the rest of you are all cr-p). So suppose we DO encounter them and we are thoroughly unprepared, since we are out of our comfort zone and status quo and our self-image of ALWAYS reaching for quarter/semi and thus homeostasis remains unperturbed..

You know the whole lottery winners losing all their sums in 3 months, since their internal psychocybernetic self image is not USED to that much money, REMEMBER India is USED TO REACHING FINAL NUMEROUS TIMES. THIS. GIVES. THEM ADVANTEDGE.

Where was I? Anyhoo!

Also it helps to visualize your opponent in the final as the best of the best. Creme de la creme as Igloo would like to say. Cream on the outside, cream on the inside, wtf does that song even mean.

4. Mushfiqur
5. Mahmudullah
6. Liton

Pretty much our solid middle order. Also, India frikkin hates Riyad. And Gavaskar actually wants Riyad to be our #4.

7. Mash

'Nuff said. They also frikkin hate him.

8. Mehidy

Pretty much given. Automatic.

9. Nazmul. No question or doubt about it. Sure he doesn't always deliver perfect play and clean play. But

10. Rubel
11. Mustafizur

Seamers

Anything looks fishy? I deliberate left out Shakib-Al Hasan just to give a f you to the whole world how dominant and solid we can be.

Thus, my final squad: 1. Tamim 2. Kayes 3. Soumya 4. Mushfiqur 5. Shakib 6. Liton 7. Riyad 8. Mehidy 9. Mashrafe 10. Rubel 11 Mustafizur (stand by Taskin, Opu).

But, we also need to ensure people, desi Sylheti, show up in mass tidings in the stadium. It SHOULD simulate, if not be identical to Mirpur.

There. Jau ekta blu pant mere dilum... jau bhago ekhon.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; October 27, 2018 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: *AND Afghanistan. These guys don't know how to frikkin quit...

Old October 27, 2018, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

LOL Imagine if Ash comes right before back and just frikkin sasshayz and waltzes in....

Old October 27, 2018, 02:28 PM
Cricket Savant

I also think a constraint of XI is better than 15 man world cup squad in this thread so as to help us sharpen up the sketch.

Old October 27, 2018, 02:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Shanto
4. Shakib (If he's fully recovered by then)
5. Mushy
7. Mamadulah
8. Mashrafe
9. Saifuddin
10. Abu Hider Rony
11. Mustafizur
12. Rubel
13. Nazmul Apu
14. Mehedy Hasan Miraz
15. Soumya Sarkar
16. Zakir Hasan
Old October 27, 2018, 02:49 PM
Cricket Savant

iwas like who the f is shanto...then i remembered your level is sooo high that you actually know his nick naturally... Zakir Hasan I don't even know.

Old October 27, 2018, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
iwas like who the f is shanto...then i remembered your level is sooo high that you actually know his nick naturally... Zakir Hasan I don't even know.

In this case, Zakir and Liton are interchangeable
Old October 27, 2018, 03:39 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

kinda early to tell... dont jump on the Soumya-Saifuddin bandwagon based on the Zimbabwe series. We will have a clear picture after the New Zealand tour
Old October 27, 2018, 04:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Form matters.

Old October 27, 2018, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
kinda early to tell... dont jump on the Soumya-Saifuddin bandwagon based on the Zimbabwe series. We will have a clear picture after the New Zealand tour
I agree with Rinat. We prolly be asking for head of many of the current players after the NZ series.
Old October 27, 2018, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim
Kayes
Sarkar
Shakib
Mushfiq
Ullah
Ariful/Saifuddin/liton
Mashrafe
Mehedi
Mustafizur
Rubel/hider - he will be good in certain conditions
Old October 27, 2018, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Tamim
Kayes
Soumyo
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mahmadullah
Liton
Saifuddin
Mashrafe
Mehedi (not my choice but I know he will be picked)
Mustafizur
Rubel
Old October 27, 2018, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Rinat and Eshen completely miscomprehended my post. As a moderator you need to have precision grasp of basic comprehension of language or this is what happens. One thing leads to another and another member chimes in agreeing with something that had basic false premise to begin with.

What do you guys mean by it's too early? This thread is supposed to be too early. The whole point of this thread is to start with an initial list and whittle it down to a final squad. I didn't ask: Who is your final squad? Hence was the caveat "Start preparing".

How difficult is it to understand? No one is dancing in 'bandwagon'.

Old October 27, 2018, 05:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Players to consider as of now:

Tamim, imrul, liton, soumya, shakib, mushy, riyad, mash, saifuddin, Mehidy, nazmul, fizz, rubel, hider, probably mithun and mosaddek are in this group, also sabbir.

Then you’ve got guys like shanto, fazle, ariful who have been around the squad but have got barely any game time to properly see where their games are at.

If you want to go a step further you then look at the afif’s, Zakir’s and maybe even someone like shoriful but unless something drastic happens they probably won’t be considered for this WC.

Then there are players like al amin, abul, shafiul (although he’s in the test squad) who have the experienced tag but are a bit out of favour, these ones are usually the surprise picks out of nowhere because they have ‘experience’.

Dark horse all rounders al min (not the pacer), naeem (if fazle can get picked why not naeem) and afif who I already mentioned.

Dark horse spinner nayeem Hasan the 17yo who just got an 8er in an innings I’m NCL.
Old October 27, 2018, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

1. Tamim
2. Das (right-left combo)
3. Kayes
4. Mushy
5. Shakib
6. Sarkar
7. Riyad
8. Saifuddin/Mehidy (depends on pitch/opposition)
9. Mortaza
10. Mustafizur
11. Rubel

12. Mehidy
13. Nazmul
14. Shanto
15. Haider

Having 7 proper batsmen will give a lot of security, and both number 8s are very capable. this team is assuming Liton improves and maintain consistency. Sarkar fits into this team by being a number 6, him and riyad batting together in the late overs could be devastating to the opposition

With this team, you get four frontline bowlers with mash,fizz, rubel, shakib. Say they have 35 overs between them, thats 15 left over covered by Saifuddin, Riyad and Sarkar.

But say if the pitch is super spin friendly, you can swap rubel and saifuddin for nazmul and mehidy, giving a spin trio of shakib, nazmul and mehidy backed up by riyad, while still having mash and fiz open the bowling, and fizz and sarkar to bowl at death.

Last edited by Nafi; October 27, 2018 at 08:31 PM..
Old October 27, 2018, 06:58 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Good thread. I think we are getting close to having a set of players who will make the trip to England next year.

Confirmed: Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Riyad, Mash, Rubel, Fizz
Strong Contenders: Imrul, Liton, Soumya, Miraz, Opu, Rony
Maybe: Shanto, Mithun, Saif, Ariful, Sabbir, Mosaddek

These are the players who have been around the team in the past few tours and I think 15 out of these will make the trip.

If I were to pick based on recent series performance, my 15-man squad would be: Mashrafe (c), Shakib (vc), Tamim, Imrul, Liton, Soumya, Mushy, Riyad, Mithun, Saif, Miraz, Rubel, Fizz, Rony, Opu.

Based on those players, my XI would be:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mohammad Mithun
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mohammad Saif
Mehedi Hasan Miraz
Mashrafe Mortaza (c)
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

A lot of things could change between now and WC but these players have impressed me so far and I think this could be a very successful XI given that they continue to perform and remain in form.
Old October 27, 2018, 10:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Rinat and Eshen completely miscomprehended my post. As a moderator you need to have precision grasp of basic comprehension of language or this is what happens. One thing leads to another and another member chimes in agreeing with something that had basic false premise to begin with.

What do you guys mean by it's too early? This thread is supposed to be too early. The whole point of this thread is to start with an initial list and whittle it down to a final squad. I didn't ask: Who is your final squad? Hence was the caveat "Start preparing".

How difficult is it to understand? No one is dancing in 'bandwagon'.
Ok sorry but you aren't making any sense here. You literally posted a final 11 in your opener. Gowza, Nafi and Tausif got it right afterwards where they basically talked about a set of players that looks good to make the trip to England next year. If you are talking about a pool of players that has a shot at making the team, then thats perfectly fine. In that case, you should've talked about a list of batsmen that should be considered, then a list of allrounders followed by a list bowlers. But you pretty much named a starting 11 and now you are going back to saying this thread is meant to make an "initial list and whittle it down to a final squad". An "initial list" shouldnt be restricted to 11 players which is all you listed. and the bandwagon comment is meant for a lot of people in this forum that gives up on players after 1 bad series and starts considering them super stars after 1 odd game. It wasnt directed towards. Sorry for the confusion!
Old October 28, 2018, 01:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumya or Liton could be 7.. Miraz could be dropped for Saifuddin.

Tamim
Imrul
Soumya
Mushfiq
Shakib
Riyad
Liton
Saifuddin
Mash
Fizz
Rubel
Old October 28, 2018, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

1. Tamim Iqbal
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Shakib Al-Hasan
6. Mahmudullah
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
11. Mustafizur Rahman

Spot 2, 3: From Imrul, Liton, Soumya (if Imrul is selected, he must play at 2 as opener)
Spot 7: Soumya, Mithun, Saifuddin, or any genuine hitter
Spot 8: Mehidy Miraz or Naz Apu
Spot 9; Rubel, Al-Amin, or Abu Haider
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 28, 2018, 04:54 AM
Club Cricketer

1.Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Liton/Mithun
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Mahmudullah
7. Soumya
8. Miraz
9. Mash
10. Fizz
11. Rubel

Not sure who should play no.3, but I don't think Liton will play that well in that position. I think playing Shakib as no. 3 is too risky and he is better in the middle order as he provides solidity. I think Soumya despite his failings should be persisted with and be transformed from an opener to a batting all-rounder who can be a finisher and can be a 4th pacer, I mean Jayusuria started as spinner who could bat a bit to becoming a gifted opener. So MAYBE this is what Soumya needs to become a long term option. I'd like to see Mithun in the squad as well as he saved us in two matches and should be made back-up in case Liton or Imrul fail.
Old October 28, 2018, 06:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Shanto
4. Shakib
5. Mushy
7. Mamadulah
8. Mashrafe
9. Saifuddin/Mosaddek
10. Abu Hider Rony
11. Mustafizur
12. Rubel 
13. Nazmul Apu
14. Mehedy Hasan Miraz
15. Ariful Haq/Taskin Ahmed
Old October 28, 2018, 07:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Mithun
6. Mahmudullah
7. Miraz
8. Saifuddin
9. Mashrafe
10. Mustafizur
11. Rubel

Back up: Liton, Shanto, Abu Hider, Nazmul and Ariful
Old October 28, 2018, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
This. Zimbabwean bowlers were so bad, All the batsmen who got runs against them this series will have asterisks against their scores unfortunately. Opposite is true for Fazle Rabbi. No asterisks needed. Having said that, this is my current squad for WC and is subject to change:

1. Tamim

2. Imrul

3. Soumya > Liton > Mithun

4. Riyad (He always does well in major tournaments batting in the top order

5. Mushfiq (He is the pillar in our batting line up and has good chemistry with both Riyad and Shakib, so perfect position for him)

6. Shakib (Can't move him any higher or lower)

7. Saifuddin > Mithun

8. Miraz (Miraz may come to bat ahead of Saif as well if there's a collapse and we need to consolidate)

9. Mashrafe

10. Mustafiz

11. Rubel

Here, up to number 9, players can hold a bat. Also, 8 bowling options including 2 part-timers if you go by my first choice players. For backup players, use your imagination.

Last edited by Habib; October 28, 2018 at 11:35 AM..
Old October 28, 2018, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

এটা আমার কিংবা আপনার বিবেচনা না
এটা পাপন খালুজির বিবেচনা

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 28, 2018, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

If Zimbabwe batsmen were so bad then how come Fizz and Mashrafe or even Nazmul/Miraz were not taking 4/5 wickets every match ? Give some credit where it's due , on flat pitches saifuddin has bowled well he took wickets of some key batsmen not just tail enders, we would have been singing a different tune if zimbos won a match this series .

Soumya previously would not have scored a hundred even vs Hong Kong , he seems to be coming into some form as shown by his performance in NCL as well for those who think Zimbabwe are a nothing team. Our complete package on the other hand could not score a run versus Zimbabwe and Liton failed two times out of three.
Old October 28, 2018, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Players that have fallen wayside that could make a comeback.

Sabbir, Naeem, Nasir Hossain, Taskin

Not ashraful : |