facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
c'mon mate.. thats a poor choice of example..
we dont wanna bring mom, wife, gf, sister or for that matter any family member into the discussion... do we ??

No one wants to get personal, but when someone is perfectly ok with innocent people being killed in return for money, we do get curious as to what extent he will go in return for money.

Just as Baundule is ok with people dying as long as it "benefits" his people, there are businessmen who are ok with poor people starving to death "as long as it benefits him"

Mayeb Baundule wont go to that extreme, but it was his appaling display of lust for money/material benefits that triggered mhferdau's question

Old June 28, 2006, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

To make it easier: international deal means something that our national representatives should care about, while they are working on their duties. It's nothing personal.

For example, it means, getting some contracts for exporting garments to the USA and then NOT adopting corruption to transfer the benefit to your swiss bank account. On the contrary, it does not mean contracting to import MIG-27 taking bribe from some foreign authorities.

For the killing, politically I will do it, if it means my duty to the country.

@Banglatiger: before commenting on the whim, read my post twice, take a deep breath and a rest for 5 minutes. If you can still 'read' me, it's nice. If not, no problem with me.
Old June 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule

For the killing, politically I will do it, if it means my duty to the country.
That makes it clearer. Does "Self/country interests" come before morals/ethics/sanctity of human life ?

( I am not even bringing religion into it)
Old June 28, 2006, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
That makes it clearer. Does "Self/country interests" come before morals/ethics/sanctity of human life ?

( I am not even bringing religion into it)
Yes! If I am representing my country, country interest comes before morals, ethics, religion or even God!
Old June 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Rape is a daily occurence in most developed countries like USA. If I am not mistaken 78 women are being raped every hour. The fact of the matter is it is just wrong I repeat wrong to generalise this.

I think people from our country grow up with a notion that Arabs are people with high moral standards for religious reasons. But we have to remember they are just human beings like us. We have to stop thinking they abide by the religion better than us or something. That is simply not teh idea I have got from Watching numerous Arab students from diffrent countries here in USA.
Old June 28, 2006, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream theater
I think people from our country grow up with a notion that Arabs are people with high moral standards for religious reasons. But we have to remember they are just human beings like us. We have to stop thinking they abide by the religion better than us or something. That is simply not teh idea I have got from Watching numerous Arab students from diffrent countries here in USA.
And its sooo annoying when people worship Arabs. And then when they find Arabs also do sins, they start cursing them and going to the other extreme. They are just people like any others.

I dont know why subcontinentals or even some white converts are so ignorant and stupdi to think Arabs are better humans.
Old June 28, 2006, 10:11 PM

Still don't get much from this thread on 'discrimination', 'racism' towards poor asians, especially our subcontinent. If this Bangali girl rape case is for real and it seems for real since original poster Abd says 'some pakistani organization made her release from jail', why not our Embassy in Saudi or government asking proper investigation and explanation on this case? Why not the organization like 'women right' or 'human right' of our country demanding the same ( investigation and explanation ) to the Saudi Embassy in Dhaka? Our media and social NGO should bring Saudi Embassy officials in front of press, demanding proper investigation and comment.

We Bangalees are always very soft minded and quiet on these matters against Arabs, which ironically helps Arabs and their authorities to act in a way of
'discrimination', 'racism'. If the case was otherwise as BD people committing crime like rape, jockey against Arabs, we can easily imagine how they would react against us.

And guys, why we are dragging Bush, war, Iraq, religion in this case?
Old June 28, 2006, 11:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Why not the organization like 'women right' or 'human right' of our country demanding the same ( investigation and explanation ) to the Saudi Embassy in Dhaka? Our media and social NGO should bring Saudi Embassy officials in front of press, demanding proper investigation and comment.
The Saudis for some reason have special relations everywhere starting with the White House in Washington to our corrupt MPs in Dhaka. But why those NGOs dont demand investigation? Mainly because human traficking to Saudi isnt as high profile as many members here pointed out.

Besides Saudi fund many of our schools and other sectors and upseting them and bringing them infront of the press wont do any good to our country.
Old June 29, 2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
The Saudis for some reason have special relations everywhere starting with the White House in Washington to our corrupt MPs in Dhaka. But why those NGOs dont demand investigation? Mainly because human traficking to Saudi isnt as high profile as many members here pointed out.

Besides Saudi fund many of our schools and other sectors and upseting them and bringing them infront of the press wont do any good to our country.
Well, I was not talking about human traficking, I was talking about a 'young Bangladeshi girl of a ordinary family', living legally in Saudi Arabia, who is demanding justice for rape case and was locked up in jail for months, for some unknown reason! Though I can guess the charge against her could be like 'somehow she sextually influanced' that Saudi guy perhaps? Hope you dont think that girl was one of those victim of 'human traficking', do you?

Saudi fund many of our schools and other sectors, and we very much appritiate that, but totally a diffrent issue, since it was a individual crime, moreover a rape case! nothing has to do with Saudi fund and Saudi honour and prestige. How come a delegation of a country feel upset in front of press, just because one young girl asking for justice for a rape case? I dont think so.

Even if they feel upset, do you suggest that girl should be living rest of her life with that nightmare? for the sake of so called 'wont do any good to our country'?

Sorry, I cant agree on that.
Old June 29, 2006, 06:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

I usually do not like to stereotyping people of any race. There are good and bad people in any race. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for these Arabs and most of the middle easterns. I have to deal with a lot of them everyday here. Most of them are very arrogant, stubborn, bone-headed. They have an attitude that they are far better muslim than anybody else. They don't understand any logic and act as if it is everybody else's limitation that they don't understand the logic. Their manners create a very bad image of muslims in others' eyes. Once in a social gathering, one American was saying bad things about muslims without realizing that I am a muslim. When someone pointed out that I'm a muslim that person apologized and mentioned that he thought all muslims are like arabs. Anyway, there are couple of nice arabs here - but they are very few in number.
Old June 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, I was not talking about human traficking, I was talking about a 'young Bangladeshi girl of a ordinary family', living legally in Saudi Arabia, who is demanding justice for rape case and was locked up in jail for months, for some unknown reason! Though I can guess the charge against her could be like 'somehow she sextually influanced' that Saudi guy perhaps? Hope you dont think that girl was one of those victim of 'human traficking', do you?
No she is not, but even though, do you think our government will spend any effort to do something about it? Think again. Not everything in this world is justified.

They dont do anything when this sort of incedent happens in our own country. Forget about running after a foreign royal family.

Quote:
Saudi fund many of our schools and other sectors, and we very much appritiate that, but totally a diffrent issue, since it was a individual crime, moreover a rape case! nothing has to do with Saudi fund and Saudi honour and prestige. How come a delegation of a country feel upset in front of press, just because one young girl asking for justice for a rape case? I dont think so.
I think you missed my point. The delegation will not feel upset but embarassed and that will have some unwanted side effects on other matters such as funding and aids we receive from Saudi. Totally different issue but related unfortunately. The government obviously do their homework before any such action. I understand your disgust over this matter and share with you. But I am telling you the reality.

Lets face it, Bangladesh Government doesnt care about its people or citizens overseas unlike other countries. If you get stuck in a earthquake in Turkey, do you think BD government will even bother to check if one of their citizens maybe stuck in there? Let alone take steps to bring you back.

Quote:
Even if they feel upset, do you suggest that girl should be living rest of her life with that nightmare? for the sake of so called 'wont do any good to our country'?
No she shouldnt. But can you do something about it? When you come from a country where the government doenst give a damn about you and you work in a country which suppresses women and regarded by Amnesty International as one of the worst human rights violators, then my friend, your chance of getting justice is very slim.

Once again there isnt justice in everything. A hard but real fact to digest.
Old June 30, 2006, 01:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Yes! If I am representing my country, country interest comes before morals, ethics, religion or even God!
no offense but then you will be representing "your country" like the judgmentrare dude, whose patriotism is still being hated in our nation, and once more remember the dialogue "With friend like america who needs enemy" ( not the amjonota but the govt ), Saddam fought Iran for the profit from america and look at him now! I do not need to tell which side was Yahya on in 1971 A.D. , atleast Russians were merciful to their allies but american govt. dont care about ally or enemy or ethics/morale, they are just such treacherous institution,and I guess soon it will face the law of natural return, but so would we if we follow them. And baundule I understand your post loud and clear ...

Who would really be able to claim ownself as Muslim and still worship someone else than LA-ILAHA-ILLALLAH?

just curious is it true the assault case in Sydney is commited by Lebanese Christians?
Old June 30, 2006, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Patriotism is a part of Iman
Serving your country with the assigned duty, you are in effect serving your creator!
Many people forgot that in 1971 and wanted to help their muslim brothers who raped thousands of .....we all know!

jaukga, rajnoitik alap baad diya kaita pori chinaman ashar age vage
Old June 30, 2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

Brothers, Not all arabs are same. I have found some arabs who are polite and it is comforting to be able to interact with them. But yes, arabs in general are rude and arrogent. You will see that arabs are hugging, kissing and behaving like brothers to the whites of first world countries. But because ur from a third world country, even if you cheer at their success, they act as if your their servant and you deserve to be low. When I think, the arabs they don't have any success. I mean, we bangladeshi had to start from a scrach to build our country. But they even needed help from westerners to get a country. They were not being oppressed like we were being, and yet they rebelled against the Ottomans. And they had help to get independent. And even after their independence, they didn't have to work hard. They found oil, and boom. Loads of money!! They spent that money to be build cities after cities by westerners, planned by westerners. If you see they actually didn't achieve anything unlike rest of the non-arab muslims. They even can't defend themselves. And the palestime issue, don't u think it is their political failure, I mean they are surrounded by all the muslim arabs, and yet see the israelis destroy palestine. I mean, what is happening in Gaza, do u follow the news? Only one soldier has been kidnapped by arabs, and look what the israelis do for that? They destroy gaza bridges and electrical lines and arrest one third of Hamas government officials. Why the israelis get this courage when all the neighbours are arabs and muslims. So u see, they are actually nothing. I mean, when there will be no oil to see. we'll see what happens to them then, when the support of US won't be there.