facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Default This is appalling.

I can't stand people like this.

Apparently, not racially motivated -_-:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...25b690488722f6

Old January 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Surely, the proud civilization is declining.
Old January 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

In my opinion, a proud civilization is yet to fully exist.
Old January 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

wtf ! those sc*mb*g should be handed over to Chinese gang.
Old January 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I am glad it got attention - felt very bad watching it

6 questioned in brutal Bridgeport beating captured on YouTube video

January 17, 2012 10:52AM

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...ube-video.html

Police on Tuesday said six teens are being questioned in the brutal beating and robbery of a 17-year-old boy in a Bridgeport alleyway on Sunday.

The beating was captured on video by an accomplice and later posted on YouTube. The video shows the mob of young men yelling the n-word more than 25 times as they punched and kicked the victim — who appeared to be of Asian descent — in the face and body. They dragged the victim near metal Dumpsters in the alley behind the 2800 block of South Princeton. There they hit him with chunks of ice and choked him. One attacker used a stolen shoe, a sliver and black Nike sneaker, to pound the victim in the face.

“A random little kid. F--- his a-- up,” one attacker says on the video while the victim was beaten with the Nike.

Another attacker wearing a light hooded jacket and black ski mask who inflicted the most vicious blows screamed, “You ruined my f------ time. I will f------ kill you.”

Another attacker demanded the man’s backpack. The victim refused to give up the bag and begged to be let go while the attackers continued to punch him the face. “Am I speaking Chinese to you , n-----?” one attacker can be heard saying on the video.

The beating — which occurred sometime between 4 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. Sunday — lasted more than three minutes until the victim broke free and ran away, shoeless. The thugs chased him down the alley.

Most of the offenders visible in the video appeared to be white. The victim was later treated for bruises, abrasions and a cut lip at Mercy Hospital and released, police said.

On Tuesday, police issued a statement confirming six individuals are being interviewed by Wentworth Area detectives. The robbery and beating does not appear to be racially motivated, the statement said. No charges had been filed as of 10 a.m.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently its in Chicago.
Old January 17, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I seriously hope these scumbags rot in jail for this. I cannot believe those stupid pu**ies. I hope those kids face that once they get to fight some real tough guys in jail. I really feel sorry for that kid to have been in such an unfortunate situation.
Old January 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

There is a link to the mayor's comment Video here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1211460.html
scroll to mid way down the page.
Old January 17, 2012, 09:53 PM

Those patetic kids are real chicken in life for sure, perhaps never had real fight face to face other than games on net. Otherwise wouldnt hit one who is down and not reacting, couldnt finish watching the video till end though. Rich Asian kids are perhaps subject of haterd to poor western kids?
Old January 17, 2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I don't underestimate the Chinese gangs or the Chinese Mafia. These attackers better stay in jail.
Old January 18, 2012, 03:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Disgraceful !

The 40 Absolutely Worst People In America
Old January 18, 2012, 05:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I should not have watched this video.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 18, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Actually most of the kids that beat this kid up were also Asians themselves. 2 of them were Hispanics. 6 of them are now in custody and now they're looking for 2 more.

Chicago Teen Beating: 6 Youths In Police Custody After Brutal Attack Caught On Video (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

Chicago police are questioning six youths concerning the brutal beating, captured on video and posted on YouTube, of a 17-year-old boy in an alley in the city's Bridgeport neighborhood.

No charges have yet been filed in the attack, which took place around 4 p.m. Sunday in an alley behind James Ward Elementary School, located at 28th and Princeton, the Chicago Tribune reports.

(Scroll down to watch Mayor Emanuel comment on the attack.)

The footage shows the 17-year-old victim being punched in the face and kicked repeatedly by seven males while being taunted with racial slurs over the course of more than three minutes. His attackers also robbed the victim of $180 in cash, in addition to his sneakers.

The beating victim ran away, shoeless, was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and was released, according to the Tribune.

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told CBS Chicago he was "pretty confident that we've got the makings of wrapping this thing up." Though his department is still searching for two suspects, six others will soon be charged.

"We’ve got six people in custody. We've got two more people identified, who we’re out looking for right now," McCarthy told CBS.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel weighed in on the beating on Tuesday and said that it should serve as "a wake-up call to all of us," NBC Chicago reports.

"Those kids doing that to another child is wrong. It is not tolerable and it does not represent what this city's values are and the good people of this city," Emanuel continued.

Area resident Carl Segvich commented to ABC Chicago that he was "outraged" by the attack.

"We have war in our cities right now, and if they would have had a gun, they would have probably shot the poor kid," Segvich told ABC

Chicago police are questioning six youths concerning the brutal beating, captured on video and posted on YouTube, of a 17-year-old boy in an alley in the city's Bridgeport neighborhood.

No charges have yet been filed in the attack, which took place around 4 p.m. Sunday in an alley behind James Ward Elementary School, located at 28th and Princeton, the Chicago Tribune reports.

(Scroll down to watch Mayor Emanuel comment on the attack.)

The footage shows the 17-year-old victim being punched in the face and kicked repeatedly by seven males while being taunted with racial slurs over the course of more than three minutes. His attackers also robbed the victim of $180 in cash, in addition to his sneakers.

The beating victim ran away, shoeless, was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and was released, according to the Tribune.

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told CBS Chicago he was "pretty confident that we've got the makings of wrapping this thing up." Though his department is still searching for two suspects, six others will soon be charged.

"We’ve got six people in custody. We've got two more people identified, who we’re out looking for right now," McCarthy told CBS.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel weighed in on the beating on Tuesday and said that it should serve as "a wake-up call to all of us," NBC Chicago reports.

"Those kids doing that to another child is wrong. It is not tolerable and it does not represent what this city's values are and the good people of this city," Emanuel continued.

Area resident Carl Segvich commented to ABC Chicago that he was "outraged" by the attack.

"We have war in our cities right now, and if they would have had a gun, they would have probably shot the poor kid," Segvich told ABC

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ml?ref=chicago
Old January 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
In my opinion, a proud civilization is yet to fully exist.
A quote attributed to Gandhi: "What do I think of Western Civilization? I think it would be a good idea."

I don't know when he said that but given what he wrote in Hindu Swaraj it would not be totally out of line with his thinking.
Old January 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
A quote attributed to Gandhi: "What do I think of Western Civilization? I think it would be a good idea."

I don't know when he said that but given what he wrote in Hindu Swaraj it would not be totally out of line with his thinking.
Loved that. On a positive note, the teens have been charged. Wanted closure on this as it unsettled me very much.

Chicago Teens Charged in Brutal Beating That Went Viral

By MADISON GRAY | @madisonjgray | January 19, 2012 |
Prosecutors are charging seven teenagers with the brutal beating of a 17-year-old high school senior in Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood, which was recorded and posted on YouTube and went viral almost instantly, the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday. There will be another hearing set for Tuesday.

One of the youths is being charged as an adult and held on $100,000 bail for his role in the beating; the six others, including the 16-year-old girl who recorded the attack, are being charged as juveniles. Comments on the video identified the attackers, who allegedly took the boy’s wallet and $180 in cash.
.......................... more at .........................
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/01/19/...at-went-viral/