facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
coach you also didn't give him chance that much to play for Dhaka gladiator! Sorry to say.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.
Old June 25, 2012, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Bhai, two things you need to know:

1. We were the only franchise to bid for him and he was my first choice local signing

2. We had only 6 locals/5 foreigners in each match: the fast bowlers were Mash, Pollard, Azhar and Rana Naved. Unlikely to have a FIFTH fast bowler in DHAKA! The spinners were MH Rubel and Elias Sunny, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal for the last two matches.

He played twice, and everyone in my squad appeared for DG.

The Dhaka Gladiators is NOT the national team. It is a local franchise made up of internationals. There are just 6 local spots available.

However, in the national team Nazmul would be in all my forms of the set up: Test, ODI and T20.
Well said Coach. I also questioned why Nazmul wasnt picked for Dhaka Gladiators but since there are international stars in the lineup you cant fit the whole Bangladeshi team into the lineup.

Frankly i didnt care about the outcome of this series. Bangladesh didnt do horrible and it could be seen that Bangladesh arent as comfortable with T20s as they are with ODIs. I was happy that Shakib want in this tour because it allowed the spotlight to go onto Mahmudullah. Mahmudullah did well enough to say that he deserves his shot with the national team.

Ashraful is certainly suited for T20s. He saved our butts in the last game and we should all be thankful to him and ease the hating on him. He should be in the Bangladesh team for the T20 format ONLY. I think when Shakib is in the team the team morale is boosted and everyone plays more like a unit. To me the team in this series didnt play like unit. It was all over the shop.

I guess its a new coach and that means its back to the drawing board. Top order seems to be a worry (as usual). Many things to work on and thats what i wanted to see from this tour. It can be seen that the middle order batsmen (Mushfiqur, Nasir, Mahmudullah) are the strength of the team and the top order batsmen (Junaid and Anamul) arent upto the T20 standard. I need to watch Jahurul play more T20 games to make a judgement on him. Nazmul Hossain shouldve defintely had a go in this series. Im dissapointed that he wasnt given a go.

So lastly ive come to decide that this should be the team for the T20 World Cup
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Mushfiqur Rahim
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mahmudullah
7. Ziaur Rahman (someone else perhaps but not sure who should replace him. Any suggestions?)
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny
11. Nazmul Hossain (cant include Rubel because he is injured)

We know how the top order is fragile. Mushfiq is proven to score runs so why not send him up the order to fix the top order problem? I would consider this team for T20s only and i think this is the team most effective for this format. I have no faith in players such as Junaid to score runs for us. Mushfiq has been in the solid performer and will be a boost for the team if he is sent up the order.