facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 22, 2010, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Your Ideal attraction

The convo at the other thread made me open this. What type of person are you attracted to most (race, religion, personality, looks etc).

My perfect woman:
Features:
-5'1 to 5'3 OR >5'10
-Short hair
-Latin/black features (busty or is it buttsy?)
-Dominant/superstar/authoritative (don't like quiet, passive/submissive ones)

Her profession I would hate: Physician, Nurse, unemployed
Her profession I prefer: Engineer, Teacher, Business owner

Religion: somewhat religious (regardless of the religion), wouldn't be fond of an atheist.

Ok can't think of anything else now. What's yours?

Failed thread?

Old April 22, 2010, 09:35 PM
Cricket Savant

36-27-36

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 22, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Stupid Orphy! Always stealing my idea... I always wanted to open "your ideal wife" thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 22, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Been with this half Jamaican half Ecuadorian girl for year and a half. What attracted me to her was her unique facial features. Also super smart and amazing taste in music. Taste in music is very important to me.
Old April 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess no one is ballsy enough to share in fear of their wife/gf reading. Tsk Tsk! Weak guys weak! Be a man, do the right thing.
Old April 22, 2010, 11:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I guess no one is ballsy enough to share in fear of their wife/gf reading. Tsk Tsk! Weak guys weak! Be a man, do the right thing.
Yaa. go ahead Be a Tiger.
Old April 23, 2010, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Having failed 4 times in marriage, 2 of them should never have taken place, I've become quite an expert in what I really want.

I love women of all races but prefer culturally rooted Bangladeshi American women (preferably with ancestral home in Dhaka or Kushtia), not the confused ones. That being said, I have a soft spot for Native/First Nation, Latina, African and Asian American women and women from Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Ghana, Eritrea, Morocco, Iran, Turkey, Latin America (except Argentina) and the Caribbean, Italy, Hungary and Norway.

Religion: Monotheist. Islam (preferably Sunni from either the Shafi or the Maliki Madhab with erudite Athari tendencies), Conservative Judaism, Unitarian Christianity, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Pirali Brahmist Vaishnavism, or Lakota monotheism.

Education: Preferably Master degree holder, but self educated is also OK. Must be an avid reader with good taste regardless.

I want:

1) Someone who wants to find the sort of tranquility in me as I find in her, and works with me in cultivating and nurturing Muwadda (unconditional love and empathy), Ishq (chemistry) and Mahabbat (sincere expression of adoration) GOD may bless us with.

2) Kind, creative and good especially when she doesn't know that people are watching.

3) Not vain, narcissistic, depressed or from: a) greater Barisal; 2) greater Comilla; 3) greater Noakhali; 4) anywhere in the Rajshahi and now Rangpur Division(s) or West Bengal; and 5) Pakistan. I sure there are great women from those places with functional families, but I'm also equally sure that I'll never meet them.

4) Someone who tries her best to adhere to all 14 articles of traditional Islamic Adab no matter what they call it, and inspires me to do the same. There are times when we do dark stuff to amuse ourselves but should take heed when we're not:

I. Always Respond to a 'Greeting':

"When greeted with a greeting, you shall respond with a better greeting or at least an equal one. GOD reckons all things." (4:86)

"O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art not a believer!"..." (4:94)

II. Always Say 'Good' things:

"Do you not see that GOD has cited the example of a good word as a good tree whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches are high in the sky. It produces its crop every season, as designed by its Lord. GOD thus cites the examples for the people, that they may take heed." (14:24-25)

III. Be 'Humble', and speak 'Lightly':

"Walk humbly and lower your voice, the ugliest voice is the donkey's voice." (31:19)

IV. Invite to GOD with wisdom and kindness:

"Invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones." (16:125)

"It was mercy from GOD that you became compassionate towards them. Had you been harsh and mean-hearted, they would have abandoned you. Therefore, you shall pardon them and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them. Once you make a decision, carry out your plan, and trust in GOD. GOD loves those who trust in Him." (3:159)

V. Be Kind to your parents:

"Your Lord has decreed that you shall not worship except Him, and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably. And lower for them the wings of humility, and kindness, and say, "My Lord, have mercy on them, for they have raised me from infancy." (17:23-24)

VI. Suppress Anger & Forgive People:

"who (the righteous) give to charity during the good times, as well as the bad times. They are suppressors of anger, and pardoners of the people. GOD loves the charitable." (3:134)

VII. Counter Evil with Good:

"Not equal is the good response and the bad response. You shall resort to the nicest possible response. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend." (41:34)

"They steadfastly persevere in seeking their Lord, observe the Link (Salat), spend from our provisions to them secretly and publicly, and counter evil with good. These have deserved the best abode." (13:22)

VIII. Do NOT Say 'Bad' things:

"And the example of the bad word is that of a bad tree chopped at the soil level; it has no roots to keep it firm." (14:26)

IX. Do NOT be 'Arrogant' or 'Carefree':

"You shall not treat the people with arrogance, nor shall you roam the earth carefree. GOD does not like the arrogant showoffs." (31:18)

X. Do NOT engage in 'ignorant' talk:

"The servants of the Almighty are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace." (25:63)

XI. Do NOT Curse the Idolaters:

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (6:108)

XII. Do NOT make fun of others, or call them names:

"O you who believe, no people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent after this, these are the transgressors." (49:11)

XIII. Do NOT be suspicious, or spy on one another, or backbite:

"O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first investigate, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done." (49:6)

"O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful." (49:12)

XIV. Do NOT be 'Racist':

"O people, We created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant." (49:13)
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 23, 2010 at 01:52 AM..
Old April 23, 2010, 01:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

yes yes yes

I agree with all these criteria

Quote:
My perfect woman:
Features:
-5'1 to 5'3 OR >5'10
-Short hair
-Latin/black features (busty or is it buttsy?)
-Dominant/superstar/authoritative (don't like quiet, passive/submissive ones)

Her profession I would hate: Physician, Nurse, unemployed
Her profession I prefer: Engineer, Teacher, Business owner

Religion: somewhat religious (regardless of the religion), wouldn't be fond of an atheist.
Old April 23, 2010, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

The bigger question is... what kind of people are attracted to you?

I've generally found that the slightly chubby and average looking chicks would hit on me. Personality wise, they all seemed like very nice girls... but being highly superficial, I just didn't feel like getting to know them better. And that is why I fail.
Old April 23, 2010, 01:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^^ Generally too young, vain, issue-laden and devoid of ethical foundation especially here in Bangladesh.

Generally artsy, academic and athletic types off work, and soulless yuppies during work in the Bay Area.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 23, 2010, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Amisha Patel
Old April 23, 2010, 02:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

my ideal attractions are (at this moment)..Keely Hazel, Kim Kardashian and Gemma Atkinson !
Old April 23, 2010, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
The bigger question is... what kind of people are attracted to you?

I've generally found that the slightly chubby and average looking chicks would hit on me. Personality wise, they all seemed like very nice girls... but being highly superficial, I just didn't feel like getting to know them better. And that is why I fail.
What kinda ppl are attracted to me would yield very short description. None
Slifgtly chubby girls are the sexiest thing on planet earth yo.

Good post soel bhai but good luck finding one

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 23, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Slifgtly chubby girls are the sexiest thing on planet earth yo.
"Fat chicks need love too... but they got to pay!"
Old April 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Sohel Uncle, do your good deeds every day and you'll find your perfect companion in Heaven. Don't bother looking in this plain earth .
Old April 23, 2010, 03:40 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

-19-25
-Big, beautiful eyes.
-Long, dark hair, preferably brunette.
-5'2-5'8
-Polite, intelligent, funny, adventurous.
-Good taste in music. Enjoyment of games would be a bonus.
-No preference on race or religion.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I never had a "ideal" woman in mind probably because I was too "chicken" to seek out any particular type of girl. Thankfully the women I did end up with turned out to be lot more interesting (well .. most of them) than any superficial type I could conjure up in my mind. But that said, there are certain trends I noticed I'm quiet fond of (most of them seem to be matching Hatebreed's list above .. LOL!)

- 2-3 years age difference at most with myself (older or younger)
- Big, beautiful eyes
- Long, dark hair
- 5'2 - 5'8
- friendly and appreciates fun
- adventurous
- likes to take charge
- good taste in music (very important)
- respects other cultures and religion (very important)
- and most important: "really" likes me as a person; not superficially

If I would have to choose a template from common celebrities I would say Scarlett Johansen/Sandra Bullock/Norah Jones fits my description in appearance and Halley Barry/Alanis Morissette in personality.
Old April 23, 2010, 11:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Since this is not limited to only male members---I can share my ideal attraction here without any fear!

A man who wouldn't choose BC over their GF/wife/life partner-or over their study!
A man who knows how to spend his spare time properly and one who knows about their addiction and take control over it.

A man who knows how to balance everything!

My ideal attraction is a man with dimples....but most importantly who is honest, understanding, respectful to others,and who makes me laugh with silly/dumb jokes!
Old April 24, 2010, 01:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
My ideal attraction is a man with dimples....but most importantly who is honest, understanding, respectful to others,and who makes me laugh with silly/dumb jokes!
ahh...soo typical !! i dnt knw why girls like those dumb @$$ and their dumb jokes ! then better look for "joker" in circus ! no offence though
Old April 24, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

While I have been attracted to and gone out with a number of women, I've fallen, for lack of a better term, for only three.

The first was when I was still in secondary school/high school; unlike some of my friends, I knew I had too many things on my plate, too many other goals to strive for. So we didn't pursue the relationship further. We both ended up in the States, and are still very good friends.

The second was when I was in college in the States. We then went off to different schools, me to Stanford for graduate school, she to Harvard for law school, persisted with the relationship for two more years, eventually realized that our relative youth and the stresses of our respective work habits would spell ruin for a long-distance relationship, and, fortunately, had the sense to call it off. And, once again, we still remain very good friends.

I became involved with the third several years later when I was still in graduate school, and then moved to Boston for my postdoc. Another long-distance relationship, but this time we both could see that it would work. She moved to Boston ultimately for one of her graduate programs and organization, and a year or so later we got married.

These three women were of different ethnicities and looked quite different from one another, so I would have to say that I don't necessarily have a particular "morph" that I am overly attracted to. That said, they do have certain core traits in common:
  • They are all fiercely intelligent, with competitive/non-submissive natures and a passionate desire to excel.
  • They are as devoted to their individual careers as I am to mine (I really couldn't see myself in a relationship with someone who wasn't as invested in their own goals as I was in say, biology).
  • They are extremely literate and very verbal (won't be intimidated or shy away from any argument or debate), but can be diplomatic when needed.
  • They were and are rational and practical when it came to making serious or difficult decisions.
  • They have an appreciation and background in arts, music, and the humanities.
  • They value family and community.
  • They are inherently ethical and generous (they don't have that streak of selfishness that seems to accompany intelligence far too often nowadays).
I suppose these are my criteria for the type of women I have been interested in. And I have been fortunate in finding such women, and ultimately ending up happily married to one. I realize that this list might be a little different from the ones some of the others are presenting, but keep in mind that I am in my forties, and have been around the block a number of times.
Old April 24, 2010, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Hmm I think I need to re-evaluate my standards after reading the stuff posted here.
Old April 24, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Hmm I think I need to re-evaluate my standards after reading the stuff posted here.
And what is your current standard. Re-evaluate up or down - you confuse me yo.
Old April 24, 2010, 08:10 PM
Forever Bangy

Hey guys, I was asked by a distant cousin of mine to assist her in her endeavours

Quote:
Hello my name is Nazma Khatun. I am 18 years old girl. I am just completed my HSC from Comilla Polytechnic College which I have distinguish with stand and letter. Now I have achieve everything in life, my parents looking for husband for me. They prefer from bidesh, maybe man who go to study but now finding very lonely life. I have good cooking, cleaning and taking care of family (have 5 younger brothers and sisters). I am simple girl and of course pure. My measurement is 28-20-30, I am little shamla but sweet face. I hope to be good wife to my husband, and live in bidesh.
PM me if you're interested!
Old April 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
Cricket Sage

this is turning out to be the BC dating thread now

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Hey guys, I was asked by a distant cousin of mine to assist her in her endeavours

(Blurb omitted)

PM me if you're interested!
Zeeshan, didn't you say something about visiting Bangladesh soon to meet eligible young women? Mona might be able to help you out with the introductions .