facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur Rahim Use Mominul Haque as Part Time bowler?
Yes 13 52.00%
No 3 12.00%
None 1 4.00%
Depending on situation of team! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 5, 2012, 03:12 PM
Banned

Default Mominul Haque: The SLA Mystery Bowler!

It’s unbelieable that a young guy bowling at a crucial stage turns the ball so much. I am very proud of this guy and believe he will become a very good spinner for Bangladesh. He does need to improve his batting, but if he concentrates on his bowling, we have something special in store. Both Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan are not big turners of the ball, but watching Mominul turn nearly every ball was pure entertainment for me. In Bangladesh sometimes we fail to identify the real quality of cricketers for example Abul Hasan (Is he really a bowler, he seems to be a batsmen) – If Abul Hasan was guided well; I think we could have seen a brillaint Batsmen. I would be really happy if both Mominul Haque and Abul Hasan become good all-rounders. Today we lost, yes and blame goes to Mushfiqur Rahim, he tends to make these silly mistakes at crucial stages.

Old December 5, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
It’s unbelieable that a young guy bowling at a crucial stage turns the ball so much. I am very proud of this guy and believe he will become a very good spinner for Bangladesh. He does need to improve his batting, but if he concentrates on his bowling, we have something special in store. Both Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan are not big turners of the ball, but watching Mominul turn nearly every ball was pure entertainment for me. In Bangladesh sometimes we fail to identify the real quality of cricketers for example Abul Hasan (Is he really a bowler, he seems to be a batsmen) – If Abul Hasan was guided well; I think we could have seen a brillaint Batsmen. I would be really happy if both Mominul Haque and Abul Hasan become good all-rounders. Today we lost, yes and blame goes to Mushfiqur Rahim, he tends to make these silly mistakes at crucial stages.
If you followed BD cricket for a long while you should've known that jumping into conclusion within first few games is a carnal sin.....just wait a little.

While we are jumping for Abul being a proper batsmen, few things need to be taken into consideration. He played some handsome shots with batsman like technique but the question is does he have the temperament to play them consistently? Only time can tell and one fluke hundred does not prove it.

Mominul's spin was expected to turn as mush as it did since it was a turning pitch......we were surprised because we haven't seen him bowl before....whether he can shine again time will tell.
Old December 5, 2012, 03:28 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 5, 2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
If you followed BD cricket for a long while you should've known that jumping into conclusion within first few games is a carnal sin.....just wait a little.

While we are jumping for Abul being a proper batsmen, few things need to be taken into consideration. He played some handsome shots with batsman like technique but the question is does he have the temperament to play them consistently? Only time can tell and one fluke hundred does not prove it.

Mominul's spin was expected to turn as mush as it did since it was a turning pitch......we were surprised because we haven't seen him bowl before....whether he can shine again time will tell.
1) I did not say Abul Hasan is a proper batsmen, I said he could have been if he was guided at under-19 level and concentrated more on his batting.
2) Mominul Haque looks class to me, the way the balls were turning was amazing. I think on pitch that suits spinners mominul should bowl more.
Old December 5, 2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Although I expect Bangladesh to still clinch this series, when our next International assignment comes up away to Sri Lanka and many more after that, then this is the best Test and ODI line-up so our opposition will find it really tough in 2013:

Test line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Naeem Islam
05.Shakib Al Hasan
06.Nasir Hossain
07.Mushfiqur Rahim
08.Mahmudullah
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Mashrafe Mortaza/Abul Hasan
11.Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

ODI line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Shakib Al Hasan
05.Nasir Hossain
06.Mushfiqur Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mashrafe Mortaza
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Abdur Razzak
11.Rubel/Nazmul/Abul/Shafiul

If we play to our ideal strength in 2013 against Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Ireland and New Zealand, then they will have a serious tough time in winning a series against us at least in ODIs. Mominul with his left armers can be beneficial for us if we use him full-time.
Old December 5, 2012, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He can be our Shane Warne. Arey leg spin aar left spin to eki dike ghure tai na?
Old December 5, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Although I expect Bangladesh to still clinch this series, when our next International assignment comes up away to Sri Lanka and many more after that, then this is the best Test and ODI line-up so our opposition will find it really tough in 2013:

Test line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Naeem Islam
05.Shakib Al Hasan
06.Nasir Hossain
07.Mushfiqur Rahim
08.Mahmudullah
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Mashrafe Mortaza/Abul Hasan
11.Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

ODI line-up for 2013

01.Tamim Iqbal
02.Anamul Haque
03.Mominul Haque
04.Shakib Al Hasan
05.Nasir Hossain
06.Mushfiqur Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mashrafe Mortaza
09.Sohag Gazi
10.Abdur Razzak
11.Rubel/Nazmul/Abul/Shafiul

If we play to our ideal strength in 2013 against Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Ireland and New Zealand, then they will have a serious tough time in winning a series against us at least in ODIs. Mominul with his left armers can be beneficial for us if we use him full-time.
concerns: even though shakib is there batting to #8 means we are taking a bowler less than we could and BD need all the bowling firepower they can take in tests. also riyad batting at #7 in ODIs, we need to find a better option and i'd be willing to try shuvagata there since he bowls a bit to.

apart from those concerns i think the teams you posted are spot on.
Old December 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Looks like Rifat bro got some serious competition.
Old December 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Would love to be proven wrong but I really think its the pitch and not him.
If you remember the U19 WC. We lost to WI in the last over and I think WI scored about 20 runs in that over.... I remember our U19 team was out of regular option so they chose Momin to bowl the final over and he failed miserably....

He hasn't bowled much since...
Old December 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Only when the pitch is turning (for now)

And let Mominul bowl more in the domestic to prove himself as a trustworthy bowler.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Only when the pitch is turning (for now)

And let Mominul bowl more in the domestic to prove himself as a trustworthy bowler.
Ditto. He also bowled a few full tosses yesterday, so let's not take him for more than a part timer.
Old December 5, 2012, 10:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
Don't compare Saqib with Razzaq. Saqib can turn the ball if he wants to just like how he was turning the ball in the 2nd innings of the last test. Haven't you seen how big of a turn Saqib got to bowl out Ian Bell in one of the tests? And I think he had a similar dismissal against India in tests. Sqin produced rippers a lot when he was in top form and before he started to neglect his bowling.
Old December 6, 2012, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Emotion wins sometime, anyway i want to see him success in bating then the part time part bowling.
Old December 6, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

We need more batsmen, less SLA spinners.
Old December 6, 2012, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Mominul is decent with the ball, but let him concentrate on his main strength which is batting. End of discussion.
Old December 6, 2012, 05:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Mominul is decent with the ball, but let him concentrate on his main strength which is batting. End of discussion.
....he is valueless without batting....
Old December 6, 2012, 05:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

if the 4th ODI pitch behaves the same way as the last game... then why not
What people must keep in mind is that the last game pitch offered A LOT of assistance to the spinners. It was turning as much as a 5th day test pitch (minus the uneven bounce). Hence Mominul found turn and was quite effective. On a regular pitch with not much turn, it would be a totally different ball game against the likes of Pollard, Samuels and Gayle
Old December 6, 2012, 06:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim

If groomed he can be a quality bowler.But we need a batsman.Team moddhe ar SLA dorkar nai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 6, 2012, 09:49 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Given the situation, he can be used. But, he has to practice more. His length was bad at times.
Old December 6, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

We shouldn't forget, Mominul's job is to bat only. We have plenty of part timers, no need for another one. He should concentrate just on batting, no need to tweak his head with these silly thoughts.
Old December 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Puran fokir vat pay na notun fokirer amdani?????
Old December 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Puran fokir vat pay na notun fokirer amdani?????
lol Puran fokir like Enamul, sunny
Old December 8, 2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

I salute you Mominul! I know u will be a great bowler!
Old December 8, 2012, 05:43 AM
Banned

I said many times his the best turner of the ball! I have never seen anyone turn the ball so consistently than him.
Old December 8, 2012, 05:45 AM
Banned

2 wickets so far, he will get many more for bangladesh now and future, i promise.