facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 10, 2013, 01:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Any opportunist would make a film out of this. Then again, it would take a bit of an effort to not emulate 9/11 (the movie).
You need Satyajit Ray to make it one of best movie of this era.

Old May 10, 2013, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

@2.50 second Classic. Munni Shaha asking How did she survive 16 days ? Someone beside said "Allah Paak er icchay"
Old May 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Rakhe Allah, mare ke?
Old May 10, 2013, 06:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old May 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Unbelievably good news!!
Old May 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm glad that someone has been found alive but in many ways this story sounds very fishy.
Old May 10, 2013, 09:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I'm glad that someone has been found alive but in many ways this story sounds very fishy.
Laath o mare nomoshkar o kore.
Old May 11, 2013, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Let's not go there. Why even go there?

That's exactly what's wrong with us. No sense.
Old May 11, 2013, 06:41 AM

Guys, refrain from irrelevant post.

-Mod.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

It's just that when she stepped out after being trapped for 17 days her clothes were in prestine condition and it was as if she stepped out of a shower.

And with the death toll i'm not sure how they would calculate it. Who is counting? I fear the toll is much worse then it's actually reported to be.
Old May 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Bangladesh to raise wages for garment workers

Quote:
Bangladesh's government plans to raise the minimum wage for garment workers, a Cabinet minister said Sunday, after the deaths of more than 1,100 people in the collapse of a factory building focused international attention on the textile industry's dismal pay and hazardous working conditions.
A new minimum wage board will issue recommendations for pay raises within three months, Textiles Minister Abdul Latif Siddiky said. The Cabinet will then decide whether to accept those proposals.
Link

So that's how we are going to solve the 'situation'? Sounds like business as usual.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

This is quite sad:
http://alalodulal.org/2013/05/09/savar-babu/

It seems the saviors who rescued people are now dead...
Old May 13, 2013, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Commendable step by the government, the ability to form trade union is a big deal!
http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...r-rmg-workers/
Old May 13, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't understand all these conspiracy of "its just another AL distraction" -_-. I personally don't think Reshma should be interviewed or for doctors to come out to the media and say things Reshma may have said. As I understood from what my Dad explained with a whole bunch of medical terminology, is that for someone who's been in that situation, there's going to be gaps in her memory for a while. This was pretty evident when on the day she got rescued she said she had eaten nothing the 17 days, but then later she said she ate biscuits :S so until she's fully better, if they keep interviewing her, she may say things which are contradictory & thus, give way to conspiracy theories!
Old May 13, 2013, 09:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

My brother-in-law is an executive for some buying houses in Dhaka. After the Savar tragedy, his team immediately came to USA to talk to and assure their clients. He stayed over for the weekend and I got a chance to talk to him about the whole thing and the future in details. So he said --

1. The gov't and BGMEA should absolutely do more for the workers. The garment owners are making unbelievable profit but totally ignoring worker's wages and conditions. Both BNP/BAL has top level politicians who are garments owners and that doesn't help too.

2. BD has the cheapest cost as we all know. It is so cheap that the next country has 30-40% more cost comparing to BD. China is moving away from this industry and focusing on other things. So in the short run, there is no alternative for international companies except BD.

3. These big international companies don't really care about workers. All they care about is profits. So even during all these outcry, these companies are either quiet or just blaming others. They blame subcontractors (e.g. Walmart/Tazreen). But in reality they do know who does their work even though many subcontracting happens.

4. After Rana plaza, few factories were immediately closed by their owners. It was done to avoid the Govt/BGMEA inspection which will happen soon. But the biggest problem is many of the factories are in multi-business complex. The bottom floor is market and stores and top floor has factory.

5. We went to the mall and saw a Tommy Hilfiger khaki pants, originally at $78, but now on sale for $28. The retailer is still marking big profit even after marking down the price by 50%. He says the cost of each pair of pants is no way more than $4. But it was being sold at $78. So these big retailers makes huge profit but don't want to pass it to the workers.

6. In the short run, BD is the only option for these international companies. The cheapest cost + 1000's of existing companies with capacities + decades of experiences, makes it very lucrative. But in the long run, the industry will slow down. Few African countries are slowly coming up and trying to enter the market.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Reshma desribes her ordeal
http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...es-her-ordeal/
Old May 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

1. The gov't and BGMEA should absolutely do more for the workers. The garment owners are making unbelievable profit but totally ignoring worker's wages and conditions. Both BNP/BAL has top level politicians who are garments owners and that doesn't help too.
but if you listen to some owners, or people related to them, they are suffering because buyers pay them cheap prices. To quote an owner in DailyStar, "they pay us like beggars"
I think we all know who to believe.
Old May 14, 2013, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I've reading articles about Reshma faking her survival. The Army aren't letting her take interviews. They also said it's unfair to question her??? When a reporter asked "why did she look so fresh coming out of the rubbles" her (on behalf on the army) said "she changed her clothes". When you're trapped among such much rubble how can you change your clothes? Why would you bother changing your clothes? They also said she walked up and down stairs??? :S
Old May 14, 2013, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Dhaka building collapse: Woman pulled alive from rubble

The BBC's Akbar Hossain: "People here are extremely surprised." Photo courtesy Shariful Islam

It's being widely reported that a woman has been pulled alive from the ruins of an eight-storey building that collapsed in a suburb of Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, 17 days ago. Yet what's even more remarkable, is how is it possible she lay hidden and unheard for all this period of time in the worlds worst building collapse, in which it's claimed in excess of a 1000 people, mainly women, died as a result of the buildings collapse, the building floors almost pancaked on top of each other; - creating plumes of dust and mountains of broken bricks, cement and twisted wire lay strewn all over the place, - yet this girl, not only survived for 17 days and with little or no water at all, her "Purple" dresswear and attire remained in pristine condition.
It begs the question; "How is this possible?" - It's surely more miraculous that her clothing, face and hair survived so well?
Let's not forget, this buildings collapse has created a lot of anger in the local community, people will be prosecuted and jailed, if not executed. Over a thousand innocent exploited workers have been killed due to corporate greed. The buildings owner, who tried to flee the country, but was later on captured, knew how dangerous the building was. Companies in the West seemed to not really care about the conditions where their garments and clothing are made, so it could be argued they too have blood on their hands, for had they cared, then surely they would have seen what an overcrowded sweatshop the place was in the first place. Chickens are kept in bigger coops.
Did someone; - as we've seen this type of pattern of a "Feel Good" story emerge following such a no hope type of disaster as this one, - did "someone" devise a plan and decided to plant the young girl down inside the rubble?
It could easliy be achieved during the night and when perhaps rescue teams were on a break and away from a specific area. This would permit someone, such as a young girl, to then be able to hide themsleves amoung the rubble, and until the following day and when they could then call out for help.
And if this is the case, then of course it's worked, it's worldwide news, and it gives "hope" to everyone; that even in the worst type of tragedies; a "miracle" can still take place! - NOT!!
What to you think? No dust in her hair or on her face, and with her clothing remaining as if she had not long dressed herself and not of someone who had laid underneath tons of cement and dust in general and for 17 days at that; 'how can this possibly occur?

READ MORE
Old May 14, 2013, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

I really dont hope that is true; but ask yourself one thing, if someone really wanted to fake this, wouldnt they make sure the girl looked worse with more dust and more ragged clothes?
Old May 14, 2013, 05:08 AM
Administrator

All the idiots who are doubting the story - yes, I am going to use the word idiot. Any worse and I will have to ban myself.

Did no one read the eyewitness accounts and her own story as to how she survived and how she had fresh clothes?

Seriously - what is harder to believe that while hundreds and thousands of eyes were on the rescue operation 24/7 someone created another entrance, smuggled her in, and pretended a rescue. Yeah, the rested just one night when all the other nights before and till the last few days they have been working 60/60/24/7

Either I'm an idiot or the blogger is. And I know I'm not an idiot. What has come to be of our country?

Just because one has political differences doesn't mean one has to adulterate one piece of good news with vile rumors and falsehoods?
Old May 14, 2013, 05:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Ami bhoi pai jokhon Boss majaj ta gorom.

I don't think im being an idiot, i'm being very logical. I out of most people don't want this to be 'faked' but due to straighforward reasoning one needs to ask themselves 'how?'. She looked fine when she got out. 17 days in the rubbles is no joke. Where did biscuits come from?

I might sound as if I want this incident to be faked but i don't think all questions have been answered. And this is Bangladesh we are talking about. Anything can happen.
Old May 14, 2013, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
She looked fine when she got out. .
As I said, if it was planned, then the planners would have done the obvious thing and make sure that she looked anything but "fine", so that such questions would not rise.

She was not buried in rubble, the floors above her caved in, and she was stuck in a pocket where she had access to water.
Old May 14, 2013, 06:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

since the Shahbag movement the entire population has been fed generously by too many conspiracy theories.
I personally hate this recent tendency of blindly believing & following what ever some bloggers are writing.
WE can't even trust some news papers, how can we trust bloggers?
It's ok to agree when they share the same feeling that I feel but believing their stories and getting divided into small groups is getting threatening day by day.
The yellow Facebookism is pretty awful too.
Old May 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
She was not buried in rubble, the floors above her caved in, and she was stuck in a pocket where she had access to water.
Source??